Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Dr Cheeto posted:

military fetishism is by far the more objectionable element of the "anime titty + military fetishism" combo anyhow

The MIC is missing a huge opportunity here by going after comic book tie-ins instead of the anime titty market

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

afaik it's basically just a goofy sports show with an absurd premise

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

It's literally "what if tank fighting was a school sport," and that's it. Like, what if World of Tanks was real and was fun IRL.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Takoluka posted:

It's literally "what if tank fighting was a school sport," and that's it. Like, what if World of Tanks was real and was fun IRL.

/

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
This is my first Pokey Mans. I like it. But I haven’t had much time to put into it. I’m kinda just walking around battling and catching. I literally have not been given a single objective or direction. Is this normal? What *should* I be doing?

RME
Feb 20, 2012

GuP rules you nerds

Takoluka posted:

one of the tank teams are people that met on World of Tanks

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Feenix posted:

This is my first Pokey Mans. I like it. But I haven’t had much time to put into it. I’m kinda just walking around battling and catching. I literally have not been given a single objective or direction. Is this normal? What *should* I be doing?

Keep travelling, reading boards and talking to people. You’ll run into objectives eventually. In the meantime, enjoy the low key adventure with your mom’s blessing.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

doingitwrong posted:

Keep travelling, reading boards and talking to people. You’ll run into objectives eventually. In the meantime, enjoy the low key adventure with your mom’s blessing.

Excellent.
Just checking.

Thanks!

Also
I totally get slowdown from that exact same spot someone posted a video of before...

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I'm loving Let's Go Pikachu a lot more than I expected to. It's actually really refreshing, compared to the previous couple generations of the mainline games. There's actual periods of time where I can explore and do whatever. In the Sun/Moon games, you can't walk a few feet without triggering some story event where friend characters stop you dead in your tracks to talk to you about some mechanic you'll use once and forget about. I even appreciated that the first time Blue appears he's like "I was gonna tell you about gyms and badges but it looks like you figured that out on your own. Welp, smell ya later." For a game designed for literal children, it respects your time and intelligence a lot more than the last games.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Chill Penguin posted:

People who buy these games should have their voter registration purged

Yes, because sexually progressive people will never vote for a liberal candidate...
:thunk:

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Mister Facetious posted:

Yes, because sexually progressive people will never vote for a liberal candidate...
:thunk:

Chill Penguin might be a Republican for some reason.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

chill penguin denies global warming

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

RME posted:

chill penguin denies global warming

Is X actually a mass murdering evil dictator that Zero will one day have to put down?

I'm just asking questions here.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Mister Facetious posted:

Is X actually a mass murdering evil dictator that Zero will one day have to put down?

I'm just asking questions here.

I think this was literally the plot of one of the later games

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!
I'd forgotten about all the weird little challenges you have to do to unlock abilities for Blades. I had like three subquests on the backburner while I was patiently waiting for Mythra's Focus power to upgrade. Then I remembered that stuff is tied to random stuff so I checked and she just needed to eat two deserts.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Heath posted:

MMZero in fact

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

BattleMaster posted:

Chill Penguin might be a Reploid for some reason.

True, true.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

RME posted:

GuP rules you nerds

one of the tank teams are people that met on World of Tanks

Anteater Team best team.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Heath posted:

Mega Man Zero for the GBA, in fact. :ssh:

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

My GF hasn't put Pokémon down since it came out. Glad I preempted that by getting another Switch.

drat Switch Tax ugh

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
Switch has too many games significant others want to play

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
I feel like my Joy Con batteries are running out faster than they should. Been mostly playing LA Noire which makes heavy use of rumble so don't know if that's causing it

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

punk rebel ecks posted:

Jim Sterling is selling me on Pokemon Let's Go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eEtYdWcUbg

EDIT - Jesus gently caress, Jim Sterling really makes the motion controls sound terrible in this game.

The motion controls are absolutely fine. There's just a subset of people who are never going to want to use them and will get mad they're required

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Turns out if you swing the controller wildly, you're probably going to overshoot your throw substantially, so just do a little flick toss and you'll drat near Excellent every single throw.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I've been playing Gradius Gaiden on my PSP and I'm fuckin pissed that it isn't on Switch. Port every drat shmup

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

The motion controls are absolutely fine. There's just a subset of people who are never going to want to use them and will get mad they're required

I'm not mad about them, but they sure do annoy me sometimes. An example from Let's Go, sometimes when I throw the ball, it'll fly off wildly to the left, sometimes it drops short. If I try to aim to the side, you bet the ball will fling in any direction but the one I'm aiming. It's frustrating because I tried it in handheld mode and everything was smooth as butter. Why not at least have the option to use normal controls if it just seems like the motion stuff hates you at the moment? There's no harm in having options.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I think the Pokeball gyro controls work off when you hit “get ready”. I always level the joy on before hitting it and have no issues aiming even when I need to land a high corner shot.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I got no problem with them but he did make a good point about how disabled people might not be able to utilize motion controls.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Licarn posted:

Switch has too many games significant others want to play

The best plan is to forego all human contact and die alone, that’s what I’m doing and I get my Switch all to myself as a result.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Mega64 posted:

The best plan is to forego all human contact and die alone, that’s what I’m doing and I get my Switch all to myself as a result.

i was gonna suggest get a gaming pc if you don't want something your significant other will hog, but that's basically what you just said

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aplgV-RURQM&t=7s
Start yer sewin engines!

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

They are not fine. If they were good they would be fine though. They aren't though sadly

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

they work fine for me and a literal child :shrug:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Heath posted:

Port every drat shmup

R-Type: Final
Gradius V,
Einhander too
plz giv dem 2 me

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The one thing I don't get is why sometimes the ball goes short, otherwise left, right, straight, high, it's easy

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

It's sucks that some people just can't seem to grasp motion controls. I think the fear of failure really gets to folks when they know the controls are aimed at literal children.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

bushisms.txt posted:

It's sucks that some people just can't seem to grasp motion controls. I think the fear of failure really gets to folks when they know the controls are aimed at literal children.

It sucks when Nintendo forces motion controls on people because they know that if the option is there then nobody will use them.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Nah they know what's best for you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
There are tons of people who will choose motion or otherwise nontraditional control methods. Kid Icarus Uprising's much-maligned controls were essentially the 3DS's best option for that sort of game and were fantastically implemented; Splatoon 2 and BOTW's gyro aiming is immaculate.

So Nintendo should feel confident in including a broad range of options, especially for players with disabilities, because for most people the motion controls are great and superior to literally any other option (analog stick aiming loving sucks!!!). It's their continual hostility towards accessibility options, such as their loud and emphatic refusal to support the Xbox Adaptive Controller, that's genuinely shameful.