Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

yeah I eat rear end posted:

oh ok well I still stand by my opinion that I don't want my stupid anime game to tell me what to do outside the game like maple does. Other games have started doing it too.

How do you feel about a stupid cowboy game telling you to eat and sleep and brush your horse?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean that’s what it wants to be but it falls in its face hard.

think about it, the teenage stereotype is the goth looking bastard who's all "gently caress my parents wah" and stays up past his bedtime. what's a better rebellion against that than keeping your room clean, getting a job, going to bed on time, and helping your parent or guardian around the house or their workplace

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Lex Luthor was black in the Superman cartoon

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
He was Telly Savalas.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

black Telly Savalas, maybe

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
The primary reason that parents of teenagers have such a difficult time dealing with their children is that the parents have fully bought into the idea that capitalism is a legitimate system of organisation and their children can't square it with literally everything they've been taught about ethics from a young age, assuming they went to decent public schools and weren't raised to be psychopaths.

The secondary reason is that parents tend to not be able to articulate coherent reasons for following their instructions beyond "I'm older than you and therefore outrank you." In retrospect, it's a perfect hybrid of tragic, shameful and just plain goddamn silly.

"Oh, you're a dark mysterious being, are you? Then it's in your best interest to keep your artifacts and specimens sorted so that you can find the ones you need when you need them. If you plan on inviting over a friend that you'd like to one day be more than a friend, you'll have a better chance at winning them over if your room doesn't smell like soiled underwear." Sure, they'll hopefully one day look back on their teenage selves with embarrassment, but Christ, just play along, would you? If you work a regular job, it's not even in the top 10 most ridiculous and harmful fictions you'll have participated in THAT DAY.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
The reason teens are difficult is they need to "kill" their parents to become their own people, and their parents need to "kill" them too. Imagine a bear, tending to her cub. At some point the bear will tell the cub to gently caress off and go find your own berries. Capitalism, or coherent reasoning, is tangential at best.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Magic is real. I cast a spell, in the form of a bet on Neil Magny winning, and now that he has lost, my ambitions for today are drained. I'll stay home. Drink some beer, eat some chips. Not venture out into the city. Wait for a more fortuitous time.

This thought construct is no more or less valid than Passover or Ramadan.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Mum: You need to clean your room Tea it's getting gross...

Me: YOU WON'T FOOL ME, CAPITALIST DOGS :ussr::ussr::ussr:

then Lenin high fived me and we sung bohemian rhapsody

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
I don't care if you're a Capitalist or a Communist, you should do what you are told and not be a whiny gently caress up.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Capitalism and communism should unite against their mutual enemy, Catholicism, and then they can have it out between them after that. :tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil:

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Aramek posted:

I don't care if you're a Capitalist or a Communist, you should do what you are told is necessary and not be a whiny gently caress up.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
lets get away from communism

anyone who says that videogames are art and has never touched fallout new vegas should be avoided

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

spit on my clit posted:

lets get away from communism

anyone who says that videogames are art and has never touched fallout new vegas should be avoided

Agreed, you can't truly understand the artistic potential of video games if you haven't played New Vegas.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
It's pretty good, I guess. What makes it so especially artistic? That you can murder in cold blood someone whimpering and cowering and receive positive karma for it (Powder gangers)? That it's considerably less convoluted than Fallout 3 despite the way more vague objectives? That in a murder rampage playthrough, Cheyenne will never turn hostile when you attack her? That last one hosed me up way worse than anything else in either (3 or NV) game. :( Even Sunny turned hostile the second I fired on her, as one would expect.

The original Mortal Kombat games had complete loving poo poo controls. I'm not good at Tekken, but at least the inputs don't need to be frame-perfect 100% of time in order to pull off a move more complicated than a basic punch or kick.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Tubgoat posted:

The original Mortal Kombat games had complete loving poo poo controls. I'm not good at Tekken, but at least the inputs don't need to be frame-perfect 100% of time in order to pull off a move more complicated than a basic punch or kick.

:psyduck:

MK, both early and now have had some of the loosest inputs of any fighting game.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

New Vegas is about the struggle between the feminine New California Republic, and the masculine Caesar's Legion. One seeks to bring back the "old" way, a society based on law, justice, and social bonds, the other embraces the apocalypse, and seeks to conquer all the earth so there is no one, no where, who is not owned by the strongest man, Caesar.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Yardbomb posted:

:psyduck:

MK, both early and now have had some of the loosest inputs of any fighting game.

The newer ones seem MUCH more friendly in that regard.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

This is the best rap song ever made: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDi9eHTvis0

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

sorry but it's actually https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtW6HW8jO_U

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Wrong.
[video type=""]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dY7OtNfWahw[/video]

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Both of those have a certain quality, for sure.

How do you rank this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_2-ERxUFSE

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

The best rap song is actually the first rap song ever made; Rapture by Blondie.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Would this qualify as rap?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-R0nuyEGq6E

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Green Day was never good and the only song they ever made that will ever be remembered is That One Song They Play in Every High School Graduation Ceremony and also seinfeld.

Cat Ass Trophy
Jul 24, 2007
I can do twice the work in half the time

Green Day was never good and the only song they ever made that will ever be remembered is That One Song They Play in Every High School Graduation Ceremony and also seinfeld.

And also at funerals of people between the ages of 29 and 45.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
American Idiot is the greatest rock opera of all time

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

People seem to remember Basket Case and Long View pretty easily and those are almost 25

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

American Idiot is the greatest rock opera of all time

if you like a reminder of the worst era of music, in the days of System of a Down's downfall (namely BYOB) and the first time anyone ever heard of mister Kanye West

Tiggum posted:

Wake Me Up When E3 is Here

oh yeah i forgot about that one

spit on my clit has a new favorite as of 04:17 on Nov 19, 2018

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Are We the Waiting, Give Me Novacaine, The Saints Are Coming, Jesus of Suburbia, She's a Rebel, When I Come Around, Boulevard of Broken Dreams, Minority, Wake Me Up When September Ends.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Tiggum posted:

Are We the Waiting, Give Me Novacaine, The Saints Are Coming, Jesus of Suburbia, She's a Rebel, When I Come Around, Boulevard of Broken Dreams, Minority, Wake Me Up When September Ends.

i didn't ask for a list of bad songs

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.

Which is especially funny because that song is sung from the perspective of someone who was cheated on. The line "I hope you had the time of your life", is basically saying that he hopes a night of passion was worth destroying a relationship.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

i didn't ask for a list of bad songs

That's good, because you didn't get one. :colbert:

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

spit on my clit posted:

if you like a reminder of the worst era of music, in the days of System of a Down's downfall (namely BYOB) and the first time anyone ever heard of mister Kanye West

oh yeah i forgot about that one

BYOB is a good song though

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Henchman of Santa posted:

BYOB is a good song though

mmmm nah

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I will agree that Green day is bad and go on to say that blink 182 also suck

also evanescence sucks

HairyManling
Jul 20, 2011

No flipping.
Fun Shoe
You're all hosed in the head. Clearly, obviously, without any doubt the greatest rap is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZQQGX24Teg

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

hawowanlawow posted:

I will agree that Green day is bad and go on to say that blink 182 also suck

also evanescence sucks

Piggybacking on this, I’m glad that Linkin Park helped a lot of people get through some poo poo and I understand that those people were especially sad about Chester Bennington’s suicide, but that does not make it okay for critical reevaluations of them to suggest that they were actually good. They’re one of the worst bands of all time.

That said, they should get in the Rock Hall because they were hugely influential and had a Diamond album. No, I do not want to argue about the Rock Hall.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Henchman of Santa posted:

No, I do not want to argue about the Rock Hall.

you're in luck, all the people who care about it are definitely in bed by now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

HairyManling posted:

You're all hosed in the head. Clearly, obviously, without any doubt the greatest rap is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZQQGX24Teg

good, good contender, but how about this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCkM-IJew3Q