Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

Twinty Zuleps posted:

Not seriously at all. They shared the bed because beds were handmade like all other furniture and were shared frequently by people that didn't have a lot of money.

To bring it into modern context, it's like saying Lincoln and Speed must have had sex because they slept in the same house for four years.

Yeah I mean it's possible but it's a bit of stretch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Pellisworth posted:

(I'm proud of this thread for returning to its Trump thread roots in pursuing a food derail)

Shockingly fair food is extremely USPOL

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Party Plane Jones posted:

are those... pork burgers?

edit: also Christie looks relatively trim there

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Thats an incredibly flattering pic of Christie or did he used to be like...normal American weight

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013

Brony Car posted:

I don't think I've ever seen Americans do deep-fried pizza. That's a Scottish thing, right?

It's actually Scottish and Italian, independently, though the Italian version is far less terrifying. You see, in Italy they deep-fry the base before applying the toppings, while in Scotland they just deep fry an entire already cooked pizza.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

my bony fealty posted:

Thats an incredibly flattering pic of Christie or did he used to be like...normal American weight

this picture is from the 2015/6 primary season so he was probably somewhat skinnier back then

it's also a pork chop on a stick i believe

Sweetgrass
Jan 13, 2008
Super rude of Chris to cook his own personal dinner in front of all those people who came out to support his campaign, what a poor host.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

my bony fealty posted:

this picture is from the 2015/6 primary season so he was probably somewhat skinnier back then

Yeah IIRC he got lap-band surgery and was making a serious effort to drop weight going into the 2016 primaries

I meant what he's got on the grill, the color isn't right for regular beef hamburgers

edit: he's wearing a pork shirt and the blue cup on the lower right looks like it says something about Iowa pork, given how much hog farming there is in Iowa it would totally make sense it's a pork burger grill

Pellisworth fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Nov 19, 2018

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer
Yoinked from USNEWS:

Hint: no food is is discussed in this post (unless there's implications I'd like to avoid).

Otteration fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Nov 19, 2018

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Pellisworth posted:

Yeah IIRC he got lap-band surgery and was making a serious effort to drop weight going into the 2016 primaries

Good for him, Christie's debasement and fall from power will never stop being one of the funniest character arcs in US politics

He'll be ripe for an attempted comeback in like...2024 probably. If Menendez kicks off or retires Christie running for that seat would be primo content.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Ague Proof posted:

The Villages sounds creepy as hell. Is there a horror movie yet?
Fun fact- The Villages has one of the highest STD rates in the US

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

FlamingLiberal posted:

We are beholden by rejects from Animal House

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

FlamingLiberal posted:

That’s the case for like all Senior Living places.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
I think the reason scott won over nelson is that he was able to get good pr with his perceived response to the hurricanes while nelson didn't do anything of note. If the hurricanes didn't hit florida so hard or so close to the election nelson might have had a better chance. It would also help if the radio here wasn't so disgustingly one-sided (the most left-wing guy on a station I hate-listen to is a libertarian :barf:)

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

FlamingLiberal posted:

They stole the genital wart capital crown from Sarasota County. I grew up in a retirement trailer park. They certainly get thier freak on and don't bother with protection.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

BrandorKP posted:

They stole the genital wart capital crown from Sarasota County. I grew up in a retirement trailer park. They certainly get thier freak on and don't bother with protection.

No chance of pregnancy, and you're already dying and covered in ailments so why even bother?

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I think of all the worthless, overpaid media husks, I hate Maggie the most.

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/1064312169666437121

She's the perfect combination of disingenuous conservative pretending to be more leftist than she is, stupid as hell, and sanctimoniously condescending to anyone pointing out the previous two. She also likes to retweet terrible stuff then pretend she was just repeating something neutrally as if that was possible. Jack Tapper and Chuck Todd are close since they are similarly dumb as gently caress and conservative but they haven't mastered her pure unwarranted smugness.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
https://twitter.com/johndingell/status/1064338822429908992?s=21

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

How about better funding the VA and also making sure they don't end up with severe PTSD from multiple deployments in a meaningless two decade war?

"Not like that.." -GOP

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Nov 19, 2018

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

What a god drat coward.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

"Sir, this is not that tape..."

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Fulchrum posted:

No chance of pregnancy, and you're already dying and covered in ailments so why even bother?

Imagine a tanned old man wearing only jorts and sunglasses biking from trailer to trailer in a circuit everyday.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

So, like, it's a matter of time before the tape gets leaked to the public at this point, right?

Can't wait to read this particular chapter of ME history in 40 years.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

BrandorKP posted:

Imagine a tanned old man wearing only jorts and sunglasses biking from trailer to trailer in a circuit everyday.

Nobody bikes there, they all drive tricked out golf carts :pervert:

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

BrandorKP posted:

living the dream

just make sure to stay hydrated

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Radish posted:

I love that the piece equates Trump's bullshit claims that the Dems were stealing the 2016 election, with the extreme likelihood that Kemp, you know, stole this loving election in the most literal way possible.

Maggie perfectly encapsulates why the news media is completely useless.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Radish posted:

She's the perfect combination of disingenuous conservative pretending to be more leftist than she is, stupid as hell, and sanctimoniously condescending to anyone pointing out the previous two. She also likes to retweet terrible stuff then pretend she was just repeating something neutrally as if that was possible. Jack Tapper and Chuck Todd are close since they are similarly dumb as gently caress and conservative but they haven't mastered her pure unwarranted smugness.

tapper is worse because he is actually leans liberal but he is deep into the sorkin type bullshit where he will jerk off to decorum. there was a fun NPR interview with him where he clearly feels guilty about letting miller and conway scream at him and say hateful poo poo but "hur dur decorum".

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

a blout sack Jersey trash

lol was NJ Fatass's '16 prez mooto "Telling it like it is!"?

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Dapper_Swindler posted:

tapper is worse because he is actually leans liberal but he is deep into the sorkin type bullshit where he will jerk off to decorum. there was a fun NPR interview with him where he clearly feels guilty about letting miller and conway scream at him and say hateful poo poo but "hur dur decorum".

Tapper is an authoritarian that never misses an opportunity to kiss rear end to people that abuse their power.

Decorum is just about allowing people with power to get away with abusing it so that aligns well with your anecdote.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

The darkest of times. The Slatiest of pitches.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Desperate Character posted:

I think the reason scott won over nelson is that he was able to get good pr with his perceived response to the hurricanes while nelson didn't do anything of note. If the hurricanes didn't hit florida so hard or so close to the election nelson might have had a better chance. It would also help if the radio here wasn't so disgustingly one-sided (the most left-wing guy on a station I hate-listen to is a libertarian :barf:)
Nelson was an empty suit. As we can see, even in a high turnout election he still couldn't overcome Scott's tidal wave of campaign cash.

There are left-leaning stations still left here? The one I used to listen to in Miami ages ago changed over to sports format in the late 2000s.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

FlamingLiberal posted:

Nelson was an empty suit. As we can see, even in a high turnout election he still couldn't overcome Scott's tidal wave of campaign cash.

There are left-leaning stations still left here? The one I used to listen to in Miami ages ago changed over to sports format in the late 2000s.

Nelson was so goddamned boring that Rick Scott, the governor who has literally sold the state to the sugar industry and indirectly caused an ecological disaster within the last few loving months, was able to beat him. That's loving embarrassing.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Maybe even 2014 because by the end when he kamikazed Rubio he was back to his usual large proportions.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
https://twitter.com/Ocasio2018/status/1064354368256966659

Hastings
Dec 30, 2008

Radish posted:

How in the gently caress could she even support or come to this conclusion? Even centrist and Never Trumpers continually made quips about how Kemp is the most corrupt, smarmy mother fucker. What does Maggie even gain with this take?

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Hastings posted:

How in the gently caress could she even support or come to this conclusion? Even centrist and Never Trumpers continually made quips about how Kemp is the most corrupt, smarmy mother fucker. What does Maggie even gain with this take?

She's a dumb piece of poo poo

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

:allears: gawrsh, she's swell.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/NickCatal/status/1064348157935566848

:3:

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

I’m in my late 30s and I’m terrified of ever having to go tit for tat with a legit millennial.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Hastings posted:

Maggie is a crypto-Republican.