Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Burt Sexual posted:

Spikey plants + pants down= high risk

high risk

high reward

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

Youth Decay posted:

Yeah I don't hate this actually.

At least it isn't carpeted

Just wipe anywhere, it's cool

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Youth Decay posted:

That's one hell of a mold problem

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Youth Decay posted:

That's pretty funny. What's the real size like?

EDIT: I'd guess the toilet is like two inches tall from the wrinkling?

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

Youth Decay posted:

That one time I took acid.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

endlessmonotony posted:

That's pretty funny. What's the real size like?

EDIT: I'd guess the toilet is like two inches tall from the wrinkling?

It's a full-size installation by artist Makoto Egashira. The toilet is actually made of foam but the room is 2.4m high x 1.35m wide x 1.65m deep.

Some of his other work:

Youth Decay fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Nov 19, 2018

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

I don’t know if that is Slaneesh or Tzeench, but it should be destroyed with fire.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Youth Decay posted:

It's a full-size installation by artist Makoto Egashira. The toilet is actually made of foam but the room is 2.4m high x 1.35m wide x 1.65m deep.

Some of his other work:

I'm looking at this on a phone and it's still giving me motion sickness. My autocorrect wanted to call it moron sickness, which considering my posting is probably also potentially accurate.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:

Youth Decay posted:

That looks like it would be comfortable as gently caress in winter as long as cleaning it was something you have a staff for.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Javid posted:

That looks like it would be comfortable as gently caress in winter as long as cleaning it was something you have a staff for.

You're gonna pay sometime to steam clean it after every use? I'm pretty sure that is the only way it could ever be sanitary.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost

Youth Decay posted:

Some of his other work:

Holy poo poo, it's like a reverse Magic Eye picture. My brain desperately wants to force it back into 2D.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Good to see the graphic designer from saved by the bell getting work again.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Youth Decay posted:

Some of his other work:

Some of my friends are Russian, this is what their parents' houses look like.

Barely even an exaggeration.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

So is there a contract you have to sign stating that you will, in fact, AC Slater this toilet?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Youth Decay posted:

Anti-Christo.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

The only thing that bothers me about this is: where the *gently caress* did they find a chrome toilet?

Youth Decay posted:

I knew it had to be "art" even before the rest of the pictures were posted. I mean, even the toilet paper and the cleaning brush were carpeted, not to mention the towel.
The whole installation is just about mind altering.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Darchangel posted:

I mean, even the toilet paper and the cleaning brush were carpeted

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Youth Decay posted:

Some of his other work:

That's just flat out amazing. I could have sworn I was looking at a doll house.

Foam rather than something more rigid does explain the deformation.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Found a milder version of this

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002

Fender Anarchist posted:

high risk

high reward

I fear for your toilet brush.

Darchangel posted:

The only thing that bothers me about this is: where the *gently caress* did they find a chrome toilet?

You can get stainless steel ones, but those are usually for prisons. Maybe they had one plated? I bet that was a fun day at the shop: "bumper, valve covers, air cleaner... crapper."

kid sinister fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Nov 19, 2018

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

there wolf posted:

Found a milder version of this

The markings make it difficult for enemy submarines to work out which way the staircase is sailing

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Queen Combat posted:

Unironically would.
Unironically will. My new place has a guest bathroom with almost exactly that layout. :getin:

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

My Lovely Horse posted:

Unironically will. My new place has a guest bathroom with almost exactly that layout. :getin:

Your guest bathroom is outdoors on the second story with fake stairs?

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Never said I liked having guests.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Fair enough.

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

Darchangel posted:

My Lovely Horse posted:

Never said I liked having guests.
Correct. You say that’s the door to the bathroom and let them take the hint when you lock them outside.

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH

That's how my house was built. All 3 bathrooms plus a hall light on one circuit. That's lights, fans, and outlets. The wiring is like spaghetti. There are 6 circuits in the kitchen all well laid out so that's nice, but some of the circuits in the house cover things like one outlet in the basement, two outlets in one bedroom, and one in the garage. The layout makes no sense at all. It's also got 2 12v transformers just in case we want to resurrect the tiki lights that the house had in 1974.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Darchangel posted:

Is this trickle down economics?

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

MH Knights posted:

Is this trickle down economics?

Trickle Down was first known, appropriately, as "Horse and Sparrow" economics

If you feed the horse enough grain, he'll poop out some undigested that the sparrow can eat

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

Devor posted:

If you feed the horse enough grain, he'll poop out some undigested that the sparrow can eat

Goddamn, you're not wrong.

quote:

Mr. David Stockman has said that supply-side economics was merely a cover for the trickle-down approach to economic policy—what an older and less elegant generation called the horse-and-sparrow theory: If you feed the horse enough oats, some will pass through to the road for the sparrows.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Devor posted:

"Eat poo poo, poors."

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

omg lol and ftge

tiki plx

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

mostlygray posted:

That's how my house was built. All 3 bathrooms plus a hall light on one circuit. That's lights, fans, and outlets. The wiring is like spaghetti. There are 6 circuits in the kitchen all well laid out so that's nice, but some of the circuits in the house cover things like one outlet in the basement, two outlets in one bedroom, and one in the garage. The layout makes no sense at all. It's also got 2 12v transformers just in case we want to resurrect the tiki lights that the house had in 1974.

I’m dealing with something similar, all wet outlets except the kitchen are on one circuit. So that’s all bath outlets and the exterior on the back porch, plus the garage. Now I run an extension cord inside to run the electric smoker, because if the garage fridge turns on while I’m smoking meats and the wife if upstairs using the restroom it’ll trip. I’ll be running a couple new circuits out to the garage, as I literally can’t use my drill press without popping it.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

GotLag posted:

The markings make it difficult for enemy submarines to work out which way the staircase is sailing

Maybe I’m just tired, but this loving destroyed me for like three minutes.

My coworkers think I’ve lost it.

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Lmfao

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Just always run it in reverse of what you want isn't that the point of those things.

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

The resident needed a heater, :shrug:

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

H110Hawk posted:

Just always run it in reverse of what you want isn't that the point of those things.

other than the wall unit not being rated for outdoor use, if you were very concerned about compressor theft it's not the dumbest thing ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I'm guessing their logic was entirely, "Bigger fan goes on the inside."