Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Beckoning the Stranger as background music. Nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

I'm already wondering if we'll get a T2, due to GGG and Gunbuster being in, but GGG FINAL and Diebuster aren't...

and also about the OG Mech and what Cameo we'll get after Huckebein, Grungust and Cybuster. Gespenst? Guarlion? FAIRLIONS?

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Now that we've seen this madness I know what I want next game.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Guessing I missed the trailer. Sad.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
mobile game called DD?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Light Gun Man posted:

mobile game called DD?

Yeah. I wonder if it will be any good?

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013

Endorph posted:

If Rayearth is in there I'm sad there's no Escaflowne, but I'm pretty happy with the series list overall. Not too much boring gundam stuff that's been in five billion times, some out there picks, some solid staples we haven't seen in a while, Gun X Sword.

Are we psychic twins or something? I have no idea why those two series would be linked in my mind but I immediately thought 'MKR but no Escaflowne, darn' and I can't explain why one would in any way suggest the other.

I was kind of sad the leak was a lie but honestly I'd say MKR is a good trade-off for Sakura Wars.

Arc Impulse
Jun 5, 2010

Fun Shoe

MonsieurChoc posted:

Guessing I missed the trailer. Sad.

It's up by itself now actually: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPThsaYrwBw

Light Gun Man posted:

mobile game called DD?

Yeah. It's kinda weird to see an actual mobile game for once, instead of a gacha one.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Macross is the geno of leaked lists.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Getsuya posted:

Are we psychic twins or something? I have no idea why those two series would be linked in my mind but I immediately thought 'MKR but no Escaflowne, darn' and I can't explain why one would in any way suggest the other.

I was kind of sad the leak was a lie but honestly I'd say MKR is a good trade-off for Sakura Wars.
tbf that connection makes enough sense, they're both shoujo series about girls being transported to fantasy-mecha settings

they differ a lot in the details but the basic premises are similar enough

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
In DD the gacha element is new cut-ins. That's...diabolical.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

Tae posted:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Hahaha, Devilman. That's great.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
I would have preferred if they dumped Prince of Darkness for like IBO or something, but I'm pretty satisfied with that series list.

Cowboy Bebop will be entertaining, because I want to see if Vicious ends up leading the Titans or some crazy poo poo like that.

Phlogistic
Oct 22, 2007

Tae posted:

I was thinking Sakura Taisen for that role. :v:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Hunter Noventa posted:

I'm already wondering if we'll get a T2, due to GGG and Gunbuster being in, but GGG FINAL and Diebuster aren't...

and also about the OG Mech and what Cameo we'll get after Huckebein, Grungust and Cybuster. Gespenst? Guarlion? FAIRLIONS?
the SRX team maybe.

And eh, if they were gonna do a T2 they'd have probably used Nadesico TV.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
There's still 50 minutes left in this thing and they've already talked about T, DD and X-Omega. What's left?

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Samurai Sanders posted:

There's still 50 minutes left in this thing and they've already talked about T, DD and X-Omega. What's left?

Big OG reveal.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Ethiser posted:

Big OG reveal.
That's what I'm hoping for but they're talking about plastic models now.

Dirty Deeds Done
Apr 8, 2009

OI OI OI OI OI OI
Hahahaha what the gently caress are these series lists these are amazing. With Devilman then the entire conceit of anything mechanical having to be involved is out the window right? Like I know X-O did some poo poo that was pretty far out but DD looks a little more like an actual SRW game that happens to be on phones right?

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues
It's funny watching the chat with a bunch of Japanese and Korean script just fly by super fast with "OG" being inserted in them.

SRW T looks great anyway! I'm looking forwards to that one.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Dirty Deeds Done posted:

Hahahaha what the gently caress are these series lists these are amazing. With Devilman then the entire conceit of anything mechanical having to be involved is out the window right? Like I know X-O did some poo poo that was pretty far out but DD looks a little more like an actual SRW game that happens to be on phones right?

I thought they did Devilman before, but on checking that was Betterman and I'm just bad with names.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues
Devilman isn't exactly a long stretch considering there's a Mazinger Z vs Devilman movie, and apparently SRW games have often used an enemy or two from it.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Just use it as an excuse to make rad robot versions of the devilman cast.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
The Hi-Nu animations still look like total garbage but all the new stuff looks pretty cool at least.

Also the new Dunbine animations are slick.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
The DD robot design proportions remind me of Alpha and that makes me want to give it a try, though I am pretty sure it will be a subpar SRW game overall.

edit: do any of the major enemies in Cowboy Bebop even have vehicles? I don't remember.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Nov 19, 2018

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Samurai Sanders posted:

The DD robot design proportions remind me of Alpha and that makes me want to give it a try, though I am pretty sure it will be a subpar SRW game overall.

edit: do any of the major enemies in Cowboy Bebop even have vehicles? I don't remember.
I think you see Vicious's ship docked a couple of time, but there's no name given to it and it's never shown to have any weapons.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Man, Bebop is so strange. Expelled is an odd choice too, isn't it a pretty mediocre movie or something?

Looking forward to GGG, Might with G Gundam in the same game. Got a soft spot for Harlock too.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
I like Expelled for SRW. It's got an extremely cute robot, and I like the Arhan too.

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
If there isn’t a scene with Mokona interacting with Haro I swear to God

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I basically had a rush of nostalgia seeing Rayearth. Makes me want to watch it again, I haven't watched it since I was a kid, back when I went to swimming classes and just before that I could watch Las Guerreras Mágicas. Good times.

GaoGaiGar and G Gundam is too much hot blood for one place and I love it. I'd add a third G in Gurren-Lagann but then there's a real risk the cartridge/disc would just melt itself. Talking about Gs, the Gundam lineup sure is boring as hell here, but the super robot side more than makes up for it.

I haven't watched Mazinger Z Infinity, and from what I read it wasn't great, but nonetheless is it worth watching?

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
I was starting to lose interest in the series after the previous game but now I'm hyped again despite the lack of 70s super robot shows still. Kinda weird they went with Endless Orbit SSX for the Captain Harlock stuff instead of a more recent iteration.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Here's hoping we get old man GGG from GunxSword.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Well I got a mech-related magical girl show, that's something.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Mazinger Infinity is a single movie, it's one of the shortest things you can watch for an SRW short of a certain three episode OVA that was still too long for its plot.

Also Expelled from Paradise, which is even on Netflix.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
T lookin rad

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The only thing I know about Expelled is that the character designer copy+pasted the main character to Xenoblade 2.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
The robot definitely turns into an egg.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Ethiser posted:

Here's hoping we get old man GGG from GunxSword.

Combo attack unlocked!

Hell & Heaven (Bilingual ver.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Goddamnit I slept through this stream figuring it'd be another dumb OG game, now don't I look foolish!? What a great looking roster, pretty stoked to see stuff like Gunbuster, G Gundam, and Rayearth but I'm sad that I guess Macross in all incarnations is dead forever. SDF is actually good!

DD looks nice too. It looks like SRW is finally getting the FEH-clone Gacha it's needed for some time now.

• Locked thread