Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Seagate any good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I am exceptionally excited to get my move controllers. They did not arrive on Saturday like I hoped, so the VR I have been playing has only been things that do not need/do not have to use.

What I have played has definitely led me to believe I made a wise choice in a) waiting for a sale and b) getting it anyway! It has been a heck of a lot of fun and the way the screen works constantly astounds me. That it knows exactly how to render a great big billboard like ui and that moving my head around keeps the billboard in the same place thus making me believe I am in a 3D environment without the 3D happening is enough to wow me.

I have been playing Trackmania VR too and that has been an absolutely wild ride. I have had butterflies in my tummy over a few of the speedy fast jumps and I love that I forget where I truly am.

I remember the old 3D tech from the 80s/90s and to see how far things have come with such a less cumbersome device is very exciting! Now and then the resolution is a little waverly but I completely understand and expect that for a home consumer device. I paid £229 for the headset, camera, 2 move controllers, psworlds, skyrim and resident evil VII. The amount of quality I got for that price is amazing.

I think currently, of everything I have played, my favourite game is Danger Ball. :D

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Steve Yun posted:

Seagate any good?

Every Seagate drive I've ever had has died from mechanical failure within a year or two. Go for a Western Digital drive or Samsung.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Yeah I wouldn't get Seagate.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
(RDR2 ending spoilers)

You know, given the way the Epilogue goes, and that the entire region of RDR1 exists, what do you reckon the odds are that Rockstar's planning to just go "gently caress it" and rebuild the original game from scratch?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I would love that so much but it’s probably more for online poo poo

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Escobarbarian posted:

I would love that so much but it’s probably more for online poo poo

Oh I know full-well it's for that as well, it's just that literally all the pieces are there to do it with. They've got the entire original cast, all the art assets, and an engine that isn't an utterly-broken piece of poo poo.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Do PSN+ subscriptions bought in the UK work in other EU contries as well or are they strictly region locked? 12 month subscription is another 10% less expensive in the UK than in Germany right now.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I ran off my mouth but AmazonBR is having a 22% discount on RDR2 so maybe check the ones in your regions? Or other megastores.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
The PSVR bundle I got for £229 is now out of stock and has jumped up to £278.
I think I was not the only fellow waiting for Black Friday sales!!

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich
I am hooked on selling my games now, blops4 can get, injustice 2 can get.

I've listed the order 1886 and the average final selling price was like £3 haha. In fairness i would probably pay someone to take it from me.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Steve Yun posted:

Seagate any good?

As others pointed, get Western Digital (WD), Toshiba or Samsung external drives.

I've got a WD 4tb for 93€ from last Amazon's prime day and works really well.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

VideoGames posted:

The PSVR bundle I got for £229 is now out of stock and has jumped up to £278.
I think I was not the only fellow waiting for Black Friday sales!!

I’ve seen quite a few people I know online buying them this sale and a couple of my irl friends are considering it. Looks like there’s finally enough out for a wider group of people to check it out more seriously.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Steve Yun posted:

Seagate any good?

Seagate drives are perfectly fine. I own that specific drive, has worked well for a while now. You'll potentially have issues with all manufacturers, always backup data that's important to you. The best way to gauge drive reliability is the warranty the manufacturer is willing to grant the consumer.

If we're going by Backblaze data, WD are the worst/most prone to failure. But the way they use their drives and the types of drives they buy doesn't make the data all that useful to consumers.

Also, Toshiba sells WD drives and Samsung sold their business to Seagate many years ago.

Lambert fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Nov 19, 2018

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Steve Yun posted:

Seagate any good?
Every drive failure (5) I've had in the last 12 years has been Seagate. I stick with WD now, which has had zero in a longer timeframe.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
The next Super Robot Wars game was just announced and it has Cowboy Bebop in it of all the madness.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Well I don't think you can get this on PC but this platinum felt like it was worth it, ya

I have a problem with this.

Knack is the Ultimate Invention, but Shadow the Hedgehog, as we all know, is the Ultimate Lifeform- but he was created in a lab- thus; invented. So...whomst is the Real Ultimate here??

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Samurai Sanders posted:

The next Super Robot Wars game was just announced and it has Cowboy Bebop in it of all the madness.

I thought that after Demonbane nothing would surprise me in SRW anymore. And yet..

e: Prince of loving Darkness again jesus tapdancing christ

kirbysuperstar fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Nov 19, 2018

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

kirbysuperstar posted:

I thought that after Demonbane nothing would surprise me in SRW anymore. And yet..

e: Prince of loving Darkness again jesus tapdancing christ
Maybe this time Black Serena will be able to do something more than just slam into the enemy hahaha yeah right.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I just found a witch's cauldron setup in the woods in RDR2 and honestly it's kinda creeping me out a bit.

This game has some amazing potential to be a horror game if it wanted cause holy gently caress you can get far away from civilization with minimal effort.

Hell, the best fishing spots are in the boonies.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I just found a witch's cauldron setup in the woods in RDR2 and honestly it's kinda creeping me out a bit.

This game has some amazing potential to be a horror game if it wanted cause holy gently caress you can get far away from civilization with minimal effort.

Hell, the best fishing spots are in the boonies.

I don't want to spoil anything, but there's videos of people finding some creepy rear end poo poo in the game. As Rockstar's games become more vivid, the potential to add elements like this is awesome to think about.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Samurai Sanders posted:

Maybe this time Black Serena will be able to do something more than just slam into the enemy hahaha yeah right.

:negative:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Did you drink from it

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Yea, that's why I think I'm cursed. Well that and I killed that loving bird that was yelling at me and took all her poo poo.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

by law birds cannot own property so thats a morally grey area

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Happy to report that the Spyro games have aged extremely well. It's been really nice to go back to them and be reminded that, no, I didn't have lower standards as a kid, they are actually just very fun and well designed games.

They're collectathons, sure, but the very act of collecting gems is actually a joy. It's done so much better than something like coins in Mario games, the gems have an upbeat sound effect when you pick them up and Sparx whips out to snag nearby ones so most of the time you just have to get close to grab them. One thing I think they may have added for this one (somebody who remembers the original games better might be able to correct me) is a really nice "glint" effect when you're looking at gems from far away. It makes it a lot easier to spot them when you're scanning the horizon for those last few gems.

Spyro 2 is still my favorite. The levels are visually varied and charming, and each of them has some sort of little side activity or minigame to break things up. The power-ups are also a great addition to the formula.

Reignited also just looks amazing. I'll cross-post this screenshot I took last night:

Other than some weird frame issues, I've been having a blast with this remaster.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
Bethesda pushing the first post-launch patch for the totally-not-a-beta Fallout 76: it's 47 gigabutts.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

DOUBLE CLICK HERE posted:

Bethesda pushing the first post-launch patch for the totally-not-a-beta Fallout 76: it's 47 gigabutts.

How the hell do you gently caress up so badly that you push what's, presumably, the entire build as a patch instead of just the updated files? :stare:

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
Didn't THPS5 do the same thing?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Also Blops 4

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
I heard people launched 3 nukes at the same time and crashed an entire F76 server

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Working as intended

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Is the size of the patch really 47gb, or does it just run through the registry of game files like Overwatch does with its updates?

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
I saw something about Tetris effect having weekend unlock fests where the whole community works together to get something, is that still happening each weekend or was it the first one only?

smuh
Feb 21, 2011

Allright so I've nearly played through RDR2 and here's the real problem with the controls aside from being extremely sluggish:

They are ridiculously loving inconsistent. In a way that basic controls absolutely should never possibly be. In a way that makes me think someone somehow hosed up and glitched the entire control scheme somehow. Here's some examples!

-L2 is both 'look at someone for interaction' and 'aim gun'. Now, that would NOT be a huge problem, except sometimes Arthur pulls out his gun automatically for zero reason. I've had him pull out a gun the instant I get on a horse, as soon as I walk through a door in town, and after I get off the horse. In none of these cases did I press the unholster button nor R2, so if I didn't notice him pulling the gun, I might want to greet someone or whatever and that would result in instant bounty.
-Sometimes you have your gun out and L2 won't aim. Why? No loving idea, but in this case you have to press R2, the shoot button, to aim, after which you press the L2 button to keep aiming. What???
-You have to cock the hammer when you're shooting. There's no button for this, so... Most of the time the aim button makes Arthur pull the hammer, but that also makes you come out of cover so you're vulnerable because you wanted to be able to actually shoot when you pull the trigger. Also sometimes, you pull the hammer right after a shot. Can't figure out why.
-Sometimes your shots get queued. Sometimes not. So you get situations where you pull the trigger multiple times like you often do in shooters, and after firing once he fires the second shot - after cocking the hammer, which is like an entire second and a bullet wasted into a tree or something. And possibly you have to reload your gun which leaves you hosed if you thought to use your last bullet on something. Plus, sometimes getting your gun out and shooting at something takes so long that pressing R2 once does nothing, at which point you frantically press it multiple times and probably waste a shot.

So thanks to all these fun quirks and more I probably forgot, I play the game only in a kind of a gaming zen state now. No unnecessary button presses, always make sure you are either equipped or unequipped based on the situation and environment, and get out of cover to press the aim button to ready your gun for the next shot. All of which make the game even slower to play, even though in general you're already moving around like some kind of a slug mixed with a tank that is also blackout drunk.

Fun game tho, also Hitman 2 loving rules

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich
Hitman 2 does indeed rule. Its fun to play, has an amusing tone, your character controls well in the environment, animations are detailed but not overbearing. I played more hitman yesterday than rdr2 since release and I won't be going back anytime soon.

Its great when game developers make "Fun" their aim.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
If I never played Hitman 2016 can I jump into Hitman 2 and then buy the Legacy Pack or the 2016 GOTY a little further down the line? Or should I play the 2016 maps first?

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich
It depends how all in you want to go. I owned 2016 from a steam sale and didn't really delve that deep just played Paris and Sapienza. I'm playing through all 1s levels in 2 before getting to 2s actual content though

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

exquisite tea posted:

Is the size of the patch really 47gb, or does it just run through the registry of game files like Overwatch does with its updates?

the first patch was 50+ gigs so this is technically an improvement in smaller patches?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

The only Bethesda games I like are the id software games.