Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Maybe you should play some bloodborne then

I'm definitely picking up smash when it comes out but maaaan, smash chat sucks so much rear end. Hey guys what if the michellin tire dude was in smash?? Here's a detailed three-post long breakdown of how his moveset would work, perfectly calibrated for the ~meta~:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
John Bloodborne for smash

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Over There posted:

Kos assist trophy

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Over There posted:

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I still haven't played Bloodborne, but I got to the Painted World in Dark Souls yesterday. I thought I was done dealing with toxic after leaving Blightown behind. :barf:

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
I love the painted world, it's such a tightly designed level. Portable Souls was a complete delight from beginning to end.

I went with a faith/dex build because throwing out lightning spears like motherfucking Gwyn in the intro scene to obliterate weak rear end hollows will never get dull

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

KingSlime posted:

I love the painted world, it's such a tightly designed level. Portable Souls is such a delight

It was pretty neat. I missed the switch when I went into Bonewheel Hell the first time, so I spent way longer there than I otherwise would have. I ended up leaving Priscilla alone

ddogflex
Sep 19, 2004

blahblahblah

KingSlime posted:

Maybe you should play some bloodborne then

I'm definitely picking up smash when it comes out but maaaan, smash chat sucks so much rear end. Hey guys what if the michellin tire dude was in smash?? Here's a detailed three-post long breakdown of how his moveset would work, perfectly calibrated for the ~meta~:

Same. Like smash a lot. Hate smash talk. JFC people are way too sperg about it.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Zinkraptor posted:

The switch thread is doomed to be occasionally dominated by conversation about a particular game. Such is the way of every console thread whenever a hip new game comes out. It can be prevented no more than one can prevent the sunset or the rise and fall of tides.

Yeah, I just see the switch thread and pokemon LG thread on the front page side by side pretty often so clicking the Nintendo one and seeing it here often makes me do a double take.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Faith really is the most versatile school of magic in Dark Souls, even if not necessarily the highest dps cap. Early on you get utlity healing/warping (if needed), of course there's the lightning spears and force/wrath of gods for murdering purposes (I love knocking lovely annoying mobs to their death), and you even get a buff for your sword later on!

Add some items like firebombs and throwing knives to your arsenal, and maybe a back up bow/crossbow and you've got a varied toolset that can handle basically anything the game throws at you.

It's fun engineering versatility into my souls builds, especially when it comes to pvp. Switching up your animations is a great way to gently caress with people, especially when under duress of an invasion (either as an invador or an invadee)

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

KingSlime posted:

Faith really is the most versatile school of magic in Dark Souls, even if not necessarily the highest dps cap. Early on you get utlity healing/warping (if needed), of course there's the lightning spears and force/wrath of gods for murdering purposes (I love knocking lovely annoying mobs to their death), and you even get a buff for your sword later on!

Add some items like firebombs and throwing knives to your arsenal, and maybe a back up bow/crossbow and you've got a varied toolset that can handle basically anything the game throws at you.

It's fun engineering versatility into my souls builds, especially when it comes to pvp. Switching up your animations is a great way to gently caress with people, especially when under duress of an invasion (either as an invador or an invadee)

I had a really dirty one in Dark Souls 2 that I used for PVP. Fire Washing Pole in the right hand, Black Scorpion stinger in the left. and a Forbidden Sun in the back pocket, just when they think I have no magic at all :madmax:

edit: also a bow for ranged harassment, but that was mostly to keep em' dodging or force them to close distance

DanZX
May 5, 2015

Hey guys I just got a Switch. Which games are the must haves? My wife already got me Kirby because I love the pink little guy

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Your Computer posted:

Diablo 3 is still a lot of fun but it has some annoying stuff. :( A bunch of these maps just suck real bad (basically everything from the end of the campaign) and some of the maps are just too darn big. Running around for 15 minutes trying to find the objective with no indication of where it is or which direction isn't fun. Also stop sending me to these barracks, that has to be the most infuriating map of them all! And what's with the action priority? If I'm doing a cursed chest event I basically cannot use my basic attack because my character will rather inspect the chest and go "I can't open that" than attack :arghfist:

I also really wish they'd add some options to turn down the positional audio and rumble because those are both really uncomfortable in handheld mode.

One of the reasons I played Crusader a lot on PC is you can choose get a couple seconds of vastly increased movespeed for when you get stuck at the opposite end of the dungeon exit, and it's also good for escaping dangerous mobs for a few seconds I guess. IIRC there's a special mace you can get that also doubles the duration.

For targeting, that hasn't been an issue for me but you could try holding down the lock-target button?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

DanZX posted:

Hey guys I just got a Switch. Which games are the must haves? My wife already got me Kirby because I love the pink little guy

zelda/odyssey/MK8/mark of the ninja/darkest dungeon/diablo 3/splatoon 2/xenoblade 2 or octopath depending on your rpg tastes/into the breach

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

DanZX posted:

Neo Turf Masters

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

DanZX posted:

Hollow Knight if you are into metroidvanias at all

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

DanZX posted:

Lovers in a dangerous space time for you and your lovely wife to coop.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

DanZX posted:

Golf Story is lowkey one of the most fun RPGs I've played in a while

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

C.M. Kruger posted:

For targeting, that hasn't been an issue for me but you could try holding down the lock-target button?

the what

Barudak
May 7, 2007

DanZX posted:

Picross

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

DanZX posted:

Diablo 3. Even if you've played it a bunch, get it again.

BoyBlunder
Sep 17, 2008

Waffles Inc. posted:

Golf Story is lowkey one of the most fun RPGs I've played in a while

Sure but gently caress the championship and it's winds and slopes.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Stanos posted:

Just finished labyrinth of refrain and uh, that sure was a story alright. Hard not to talk about it without spoiling stuff but if you like story in your dungeon crawlers it's a good choice. Also already going down in price last I checked.

Did you do the postgame content?

There was a bit of mechanical BS I put up with that was rather frustrating, but I did want me All The Story.

And for the most part the more I got, the better it became. Almost all the warts were retroactively polished away and made sense of. Except the one thing.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Dead Cells is a fun as hell way to kill time on a switch, though D3 has replaced it for me.

Smash can't come soon enough.

Trump Card
Jun 25, 2008

HEY GUYS

DanZX posted:

Blaster Master Zero

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Psa: Thursday everyone must get the dick

Niddhogg II is here

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

D3 just announced the Season 16 changes and oh boy it’s pretty much a flat buff to everything and the seasonal bonus is going to make so many broken builds get the gently caress in and buy D3.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
Gamestop is gonna have LA Noire for ten buck on Black Friday. I've heard the game is kinda janky, but i'm a big Phoenix Wright fan so I'm still interested. Is it worth picking up for that price?

DanZX posted:

Splatoon 2

Polyakov
Mar 22, 2012

Gripweed posted:

Gamestop is gonna have LA Noire for ten buck on Black Friday. I've heard the game is kinda janky, but i'm a big Phoenix Wright fan so I'm still interested. Is it worth picking up for that price?

Splatoon 2

LA Noire is a good game and the switch port job is absolutely fine. Would reccomend.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I keep thinking I'm in the pokemon thread

I mean I don't really mind, go nuts but :psyduck:

There is like one big release right now and it’s Pokemon

In 3 weeks this will return to being the Smash thread

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Is there a secondary market dock? Or a good place to get an extra dock? With Mario party and smash I would like to easily swap the switch to kids room.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Gripweed posted:

It is. I played it for the first time on Switch this year and absolutely enjoyed it. Just don’t go out of your way to do side content for maximum enjoyment.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Polyakov posted:

LA Noire is a good game and the switch port job is absolutely fine. Would reccomend.

SeANMcBAY posted:

It is. I played it for the first time on Switch this year and absolutely enjoyed it. Just don’t go out of your way to do side content for maximum enjoyment.

Two Jigglypuffs can't be wrong

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Hammer Bro. posted:

Did you do the postgame content?

There was a bit of mechanical BS I put up with that was rather frustrating, but I did want me All The Story.

And for the most part the more I got, the better it became. Almost all the warts were retroactively polished away and made sense of. Except the one thing.

I'm really glad I stuck with the story through whatever the hell was going on with the first 1/3 of the game or so because wowza that's a hell of a turn for the better after that.

I didn't do the post game myself because frankly the game mechanics got pretty stale by around the 2/3 mark of the game, if I read right the story parts of that are covering what happens in the original Luca's timeline right? And what's "the one thing" you still didn't like?

I got a good laugh at the regular final boss because I ended up 1-shotting it. Gothic Coppelia with Overcharge + Sharpening 3 in the White Rose formation, max Attack Enforcement landed a critical gore and there was ... a lot of digits.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
I'm really glad this is getting a US release, even if the cowards changed the name. Who thinks The Princess Guide sounds better than Your Four Knight Princesses Training Story?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlUdGM_iMEI

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Bombadilillo posted:

Is there a secondary market dock? Or a good place to get an extra dock? With Mario party and smash I would like to easily swap the switch to kids room.

Ebay sellers seem to be buying new units and breaking out the individual components (Tablet, Joycons, Dock) so that might be a place to look. I bought myself a second tablet under $200 to go with my dock and joycons I got on steep discounts over the past year.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Gripweed posted:

I'm really glad this is getting a US release, even if the cowards changed the name. Who thinks The Princess Guide sounds better than Your Four Knight Princesses Training Story?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlUdGM_iMEI

Inconceivable!

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Gripweed posted:

Splatoon 2

Splatoon but if and only if and a big big one at that, if you have Online, otherwise it is pointless.

Personally, Celeste, Hollow Knight, and Night in the Woods have been my Indie Bijoux, with Into the Breach to a lesser degree (I totally sold myself to that game for a good week or so but not as hard as the other three). And BotW is a must-play.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The Switch pro controller is $49.99 at Meijer (midwest retailer.) Kirby, Octopath, Donkey Kong, and Mario Tennis are $39.99. On Saturday they will have a "Santa Bucks" sale with $3 off $14.99, $5 off $24.99, $10 off $49.99, $15 of 74.99, and $20 off $99.99. Probably the best deal on a pro controller for Black Friday if there's any stock left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

I've barely played Splatoon 2 online and I've still found it pretty fun with the Octo Expansion. It seems like most people online don't care about the "cover the most surface" objective at all and just run around trying to kill each other.