Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KoB
May 1, 2009
Very excited for GGG and the mexican sentai GGG to interact.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Harmony Gold deal is up for another 3 years so don't wish for Macross until then.

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
Someone should Kickstart tearing the rights out of their clutches.

dbzfandiego
Sep 17, 2011
Did the SRW team go into my dreams and pluck out my dream list! God this looks good all I can ask for is Rising and Rain for an HD Love Love Tenkyoken.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
I am a little surprised we got Crossbone and Mightgaine 3 games in a row now. They're getting a lot of mileage out of those same Mightgaine enemies huh :v:

Also a little bummed we didn't get FMP: Invisible Victory or IBO, but :shrug: its a cool series list overall.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Zore posted:

I am a little surprised we got Crossbone and Mightgaine 3 games in a row now. They're getting a lot of mileage out of those same Mightgaine enemies huh :v:

Also a little bummed we didn't get FMP: Invisible Victory or IBO, but :shrug: its a cool series list overall.

Wasn't Invisible Victory just the rest of the light novels like we already got in V?

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

KoB posted:

Yeah I really hope they do as much with Gun X Sword as they did in SRW K. That series practically carried K for me.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Well if it means Mightgaine's Rogue's Gallery gets to show up again I'm all for it.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Pureauthor posted:

Well if it means Mightgaine's Rogue's Gallery gets to show up again I'm all for it.

As much as I like them, if I hear 'Special Diamond Attack' one more time I am going to be very annoyed.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Ethiser posted:

Wasn't Invisible Victory just the rest of the light novels like we already got in V?

Not all of them. Presumably they're planning to do a fifth season to actually finish the story.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Did the stream have anything about the next OG game?

KoB
May 1, 2009

Neo_Crimson posted:

Did the stream have anything about the next OG game?

Nothing on OG.

SRW T, mobile game DD and more XO additions.

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.
Rayearth being in this makes me extremely happy and if we had also gotten Sakura Taisen it would have been the ultimate cherry on top. Good series list!

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

KoB posted:

Hahaha, I hadnt thought of that

Honestly Gai, Domon and Chirico makes this the manliest super group ever. This better be out by the next time Im in Japan, god drat it.

Since this is on switch, any idea if there will be a seperate premium sound edition?

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!
The inclusion of Cowboy Bebop reminded me of Sunrise World War, a PS2 RPG cross over with a lot of Sunrise properties. That included Cowboy Bebop, alongside Gundam (of course), Big O, Metal Armor Dragonar, Gear Fighter Dendoh, and so on.

Real happy about Captain Harlock, too, as that was one of the first anime I watched as a kid.

Arc Impulse
Jun 5, 2010

Fun Shoe
Actually, on the topic of music, I wonder if the system that they have in place for the PS4/Vita custom soundtracks can carry over to the Switch version as well. As nice as it is to keep a portable version of games going onward, it'd be a shame if we lose the ability to throw in our own songs because of any quirks in how the Switch OS works compared to the Sony ones.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Mother loving G gundam and gaogaigar in the same game in a langugage I can finally understand. What a time to be alive.

It's also gonna be insanely difficult choosing between the bebop and arcadia.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Tae posted:

Harmony Gold deal is up for another 3 years so don't wish for Macross until then.

I can hope and I can pray for SDF in HD... :(

In the meantime, I really hope that DD gets SEA'd. I've really wanted a mobile SRW gacha thing with actual SRW gameplay since I've learned X-Omega is some Chain Chronicle re-skin.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Policenaut posted:

I can hope and I can pray for SDF in HD... :(

In the meantime, I really hope that DD gets SEA'd. I've really wanted a mobile SRW gacha thing with actual SRW gameplay since I've learned X-Omega is some Chain Chronicle re-skin.

:same:

Also I like the OG designs so far.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

MonsieurChoc posted:

:same:

Also I like the OG designs so far.

The lips on the rival mech kinda weird me out.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
Just watched the trailer. Was pretty meh at all the repeats but GGG peaked my interest as did G Gundam. Then they threw caution to the wind and brought in Bebop, Arcadia and Rayearth. Motherfuckers are either at their end game or really betting people will take anything so long as "ships" and "robots" are involved. (I'm the latter) Switch port guarantees I'm buying it for that.

Tae posted:

I'm fine waiting for the slow death of their license. Best part about this is that there isn't anything Harmony Gold can do since no one in Japan wants to deal with them and they've burned every bridge with each company that owns part of the Macross series. I will happily drink to that in 2021.

SirSystemError
Jan 3, 2018

Gotta say both these series lists are crazy in all the right ways. Surprised in particular at Gun x Sword making it back in, and New Dunbine having plot too instead of just the Sirbine. Rayearth making it in is nuts, as is Cowboy Bebop. I guess Mightgaine is becoming a series mainstay at this point. Since it's getting a Switch port, definite import whatever the case for me.

DD's not bad either. Mostly surprised on the end of what's returning. Have to wonder though if we'll actually get to use Devilman, or if it'll be a Betterman situation.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
Gai, Domon, and Noriko in one corner.

Chirico, Cap'n Harlock, and Spike in the other.

Anxiously trying to figure out who he wants to hang out with: Akito.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

HitTheTargets posted:

Gai, Domon, and Noriko in one corner.

Chirico, Cap'n Harlock, and Spike in the other.

Anxiously trying to figure out who he wants to hang out with: Akito.

Joke's on him, no one wants to hang out with PoD Akito.

PurplieNurplie
Jan 14, 2009
It is pretty hilarious that somehow Akito might be the edgelordiest edgelord of that whole cast. We need like the Wing boys or something to get in there and try to out ellipses him, titanic of a struggle as that might be.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Well, would have preferred to get IBO announced on a full console game instead of a gacha, but other than that, this is a lot of cool news.

Interesting how T seems to be going a bit more retro in the series list while DD seems to have more recent stuff. Wonder what the decisions were going into that.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

chiasaur11 posted:

Well, would have preferred to get IBO announced on a full console game instead of a gacha, but other than that, this is a lot of cool news.

Interesting how T seems to be going a bit more retro in the series list while DD seems to have more recent stuff. Wonder what the decisions were going into that.

I'd guess they think that younger audiences are more likely to play on mobile and they probably know newer series' while older players are on console and want more retro stuff? That's my guess at least.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Policenaut posted:

I'd guess they think that younger audiences are more likely to play on mobile and they probably know newer series' while older players are on console and want more retro stuff? That's my guess at least.

Makes sense.

Man, though. Devilman, Mikazuki, Armageddon Ryoma, Chirico, and Sousuke?

Kira and Banagher are going to have their work cut out for them if they keep at their usual "Let's NOT stand over a world of blood and ashes when this all over, maybe" policies.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Blaze Dragon posted:

I haven't watched Mazinger Z Infinity, and from what I read it wasn't great, but nonetheless is it worth watching?

It's going to give us more Boss shenanigans, at the very least.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hxyfIMJsvM

Phlogistic
Oct 22, 2007

Endorph posted:

I think you see Vicious's ship docked a couple of time, but there's no name given to it and it's never shown to have any weapons.

Solution: Let Vicious pilot Devil Gundam.

BB Studio make it happen!

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Can't wait to play robots on my Switch.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Dr Pepper posted:

Can't wait to play robots on my Switch.
Yeah I'm getting the Switch version; it doesn't look like the game will benefit any from the PS4's higher power, but it would definitely benefit from being portable and also the Switch's basic system stuff like game saving not being coated in stupid like the PS4's.

Phlogistic
Oct 22, 2007

The one concern I have about the Switch version is whether it's going to be able to support custom music.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Harlock was pretty popular in France and Quebec back in the days (hilariously localized as Albator).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMIrFNHAGyE

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

I wish we coudl have swapped IBO and Prince of Darkness between DD and T, but PoD is easy enough to ignore, cept for the Nadesico and Ruri, because Ruri is the best.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I don't suppose the trailer is online anywhere?

KoB
May 1, 2009

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Confirmed for SEA release in 2019.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpemgQu1c5w

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Thanks for the trailer

• Locked thread