Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
For those looking for a high-end and mid-range Z390 board, Newegg's actually got two pretty decent deals at the moment:

Seeing as just 24 hours ago, the Aorus Master was selling for just under $300, that's not bad. Buildzoid wasn't tremendously impressed with the board's VRM and said Gigabyte could've made it more efficient with not much more effort, but he also said it's the best "just building a personal system and not going for overclocking world records" Z390 board he's analyzed thus far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Sanctum posted:

The RX 580 seems like the best choice, but then I wanted a lil' extra with the RX 590 and the pricing totally wasn't worth it. I've waited 3 years, I think I'm just gonna blow money on a GTX 1070 Ti. I'd actually forgotten my GPU was older than my computer.

Apparently the RX 580 is perfect for my current machine https://thebottlenecker.com/calculator?d=147-2f-1-64-64-5bce1f13&m=0bc2
And the 1070 Ti is too much https://thebottlenecker.com/calculator?d=147-d-1-64-64-5bce1f13&m=2e61
This sort of hard bottleneck between CPU X and GPU Y is a myth and this website is dumb TBH - the software and resolution you're using is what determines whether you run into the CPU- or GPU limits of your hardware first.

As you can see in the Hitman 2 benchmark, even a modern Ryzen 7 2700X "bottlenecks" any modern GPU above a RX 580 in 1080p. If you're CPU-limited like that you simply won't see a meaningful performance increase on a faster card. In a more GPU-limited game or resolution like 4k suddenly the GPU matters a lot more and having a CPU that is 10% faster does gently caress all for the overall experience and the GTX 1070 Ti will have slightly lower performance than on a faster CPU, but it's still going to run much faster than a RX 580.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

orcane posted:

This sort of hard bottleneck between CPU X and GPU Y is a myth and this website is dumb TBH - the software and resolution you're using is what determines whether you run into the CPU- or GPU limits of your hardware first.

As you can see in the Hitman 2 benchmark, even a modern Ryzen 7 2700X "bottlenecks" any modern GPU above a RX 580 in 1080p. If you're CPU-limited like that you simply won't see a meaningful performance increase on a faster card. In a more GPU-limited game or resolution like 4k suddenly the GPU matters a lot more and having a CPU that is 10% faster does gently caress all for the overall experience and the GTX 1070 Ti will have slightly lower performance than on a faster CPU, but it's still going to run much faster than a RX 580.
Seconding this, the site doesn't consider resolution at all. There's almost no CPU scaling at 1440p, and none at all to speak of at 1440-wide and 4k unless you're really trying to make it happen.
At 1080p, GPU scaling becomes almost irrelevant past a 1060 6Gb.

I guess if you're trying to match really old systems with a new GPU there's some merit to this site, but you're still better off looking at other metrics.

Katreus
May 31, 2011

You and I both know this is silly, but this is the biggest women's sporting event in the world. Let's try to make the most of it, shall we?
Is this prebuilt worth it at this price? 999 for ryzen 2700 and 1070 seems alright to me?

https://www.microcenter.com/product/512781/g702-desktop-gaming-computer

(It does look ugly though)

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Katreus posted:

Is this prebuilt worth it at this price? 999 for ryzen 2700 and 1070 seems alright to me?

https://www.microcenter.com/product/512781/g702-desktop-gaming-computer

(It does look ugly though)

I can't really find fault with it. $250 for the 2700, ~$330 for the 1070 (if you were to buy it loose), ~$100-125 for the board, then the same again for the DDR4-3000, 600W Bronze Coolermaster PSU's about $40-50, M.2 SATA 500GB will run ~$60 now...that's really close to at-cost.

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Hammerstein posted:

But this did...

Oooh that's sexy :wiggle:

Never have a torx screwdriver around when I need it...

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Rusty posted:

Hi, I just want to make sure this board at newegg on sale is fine:

MSI - X370 GAMING PRO CARBON ATX AM4 Motherboard

And this memory will work with AMD:

G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200

Or if anyone has any better memory suggestions, I don't care about the RGB part.

Thanks

I would recommend going with an X470 board (the X370s are first-gen and way more picky with RAM, especially at 3200Mhz). I know it's on sale, but if you plan on using a Ryzen refresh chip on that X370, you'll also need to contact AMD for a BIOS update kit. Going with an X470 spares you that hassle and it plays nicer with higher-speed RAM.

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum
Thanks, I found that out after doing some research, I decided on this one : MSI X470 GAMING PLUS AM4 AMD X470 . Does the RAM seem okay though? It seems like there is a review for every memory brand where someone says they can't hit 3200 with a Ryzen,

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Rusty posted:

Thanks, I found that out after doing some research, I decided on this one : MSI X470 GAMING PLUS AM4 AMD X470 . Does the RAM seem okay though? It seems like there is a review for every memory brand where someone says they can't hit 3200 with a Ryzen,

It took some doing, but here's the MSI QVL sheet for Ryzen 2xxx chips: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/X470-GAMING-PLUS#support-mem-14

The reason I'm linking that instead of saying yes or no in regards to that memory is that I don't know. Just because a kit isn't on the QVL page/sheet doesn't mean it won't work, it just means MSI hasn't personally tested it and confirmed it does at the rated speeds. The kit you linked is *not* on the page.

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum
Thank you for the help.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Rusty posted:

Almost all boards can hit 3200 (after the latest bios updates) with ram as long as the ram is rated for that speed. You might have to do something interesting in that you may be able to hit the rated speed on one channel and not the other, so if you plug it in to bank 1 and it doesn't hit it's speed, swap banks and try again.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Rusty posted:

It's not QVL, so I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't go past 2933MHZ. On the other hand, QVL 3200 RAM is generally either much more expensive (with better timings), or hit-or-miss (i.e. Corsair, who have different revisions of the same models using different chip manufacturers). Apparently this Patriot set is QVL for $155, but I don't have enough experience with Patriot to say whether they're kits are decent quality.

E: Maybe the newest update has fixed 3200 support, per OJ's post.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

RAM premiums are ridiculous right now, it feels like the late 90s all over again!

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

exquisite tea posted:

RAM premiums are ridiculous right now, it feels like the late 90s all over again!

They're much better than they were - but still not as good as Summer 2016. Low-water mark for 3000-3200 2x8 kits was ~$80-100. They're not *that* far off that right now - though 2x16 kits still have a ways to go.

Spaseman
Aug 26, 2007

I'm a Securitron
RobCo security model 2060-B.
If you ever see any of my brothers tell them Victor says howdy.
Fallen Rib
Are there any Z370 motherboards with clear issues I should avoid?

Also, is there a good guide on understanding everything m.2 and NVMe related?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Spaseman posted:

Are there any Z370 motherboards with clear issues I should avoid?

Also, is there a good guide on understanding everything m.2 and NVMe related?

The Z370 board we recommended for the 8th gen above all the others was the ASRock Extreme4 (though its Z390 version isn't as good). Generally, the cheaper the board, the worse its power handling and memory controller chips are - that's where they cheap out the most on the entry-level SKUs.

As for NVMe, unless you really love seeing high-speed transfers of large files, at the moment it's not really worth it. There are also two types of M.2 drives - SATA and NVMe. The SATA drives have a keying that will only work in specific slots, and when you select one on PCPP, it'll give you a warning that using the slot in your board that allows for both SATA and NVMe operation will disable one of your board's SATA ports. Similarly, the NVMe drives tend to share bandwidth with one of the smaller PCIe slots, but few rarely ever use those anymore, so it's rarely an issue.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Nov 19, 2018

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I would recommend going with an X470 board (the X370s are first-gen and way more picky with RAM, especially at 3200Mhz). I know it's on sale, but if you plan on using a Ryzen refresh chip on that X370, you'll also need to contact AMD for a BIOS update kit. Going with an X470 spares you that hassle and it plays nicer with higher-speed RAM.
This shouldn't matter, the memory controller is on the CPU so simply dropping a 2600 chip to replace a 1600 chip (for example) on the same board should see the exact same gains in memory compatibility.
It's still a good idea though, as a newer board architecture is more likely to get the proper bios support for 3x00 chips.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 3 2200G 3.5 GHz Quad-Core Processor ($79.99 @ Micro Center)
Motherboard: MSI - B450M GAMING PLUS Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard ($69.99 @ Google Express)
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($119.99 @ Google Express)
Storage: Samsung - 970 Evo 500 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive ($109.99 @ Micro Center)
Total: $379.96
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-11-19 17:10 EST-0500

The above parts list will be replacing components in my Plex server. I'll might be doing a mild OC on the Ryzen 3 2200G's iGPU, but that's it. Suggestions, recommendations?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Any reason you're going with an NVMe drive over a 1TB SATA for just a little more? I'd imagine for a PLEX server you'd want more storage.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Any reason you're going with an NVMe drive over a 1TB SATA for just a little more? I'd imagine for a PLEX server you'd want more storage.

I have ~12TB of storage for media spread across 7 mechanical drives in the server right now that will be connected to an LSI 9211-8i controller during the upgrade process. My plan is to migrate the OS (currently on one of the mechanical drives that will be relegated exclusively to storage) over to the NVMe drive. The NVMe will also be used for game installs, since the server will be used for light gaming at 720p mostly via a Steam Link.

[edit] Other than the USB-C port on the rear I/O, is there any other benefit to getting the B450M Gaming Plus over the B450M Pro-M2 board?

[edit 2] Hmm, poo poo just saw the B450M Mortar is the same price as the B450M Gaming Plus on Google Express.

teagone fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Nov 20, 2018

Spaseman
Aug 26, 2007

I'm a Securitron
RobCo security model 2060-B.
If you ever see any of my brothers tell them Victor says howdy.
Fallen Rib
This will be a gaming PC that I plan to play at 2k and close to or at 144mhz. I don't mind lowering settings for the sake of framerate so the 1070ti should be fine. Every part at zero price is one I already own.

CPU: Intel - Core i5-8600K 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor ($246.23 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master - Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler (Purchased For $0.00)
Motherboard: ASRock - Z370 Extreme4 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($109.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($129.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (Purchased For $0.00)
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1070 Ti 8 GB FTW2 GAMING iCX Video Card (Purchased For $0.00)
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G2 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply (Purchased For $0.00)
Monitor: Asus - VG248QE 24.0" 1920x1080 144 Hz Monitor (Purchased For $0.00)
Monitor: Acer - XB271HU bmiprz 27.0" 2560x1440 165 Hz Monitor ($649.99 @ B&H)
Total: $1136.20

Question Time
Sep 12, 2010

Spaseman posted:

This will be a gaming PC that I plan to play at 2k and close to or at 144mhz. I don't mind lowering settings for the sake of framerate so the 1070ti should be fine. Every part at zero price is one I already own.

CPU: Intel - Core i5-8600K 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor ($246.23 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master - Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler (Purchased For $0.00)
Motherboard: ASRock - Z370 Extreme4 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($109.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($129.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (Purchased For $0.00)
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1070 Ti 8 GB FTW2 GAMING iCX Video Card (Purchased For $0.00)
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G2 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply (Purchased For $0.00)
Monitor: Asus - VG248QE 24.0" 1920x1080 144 Hz Monitor (Purchased For $0.00)
Monitor: Acer - XB271HU bmiprz 27.0" 2560x1440 165 Hz Monitor ($649.99 @ B&H)
Total: $1136.20

You should be able to get a good 27" 1440p 144hz monitor for much cheaper than that on Black Friday sale.

Also, with a better cooler, I hear you should be able to get a 4.9ghz all-core OC on the 8600k, though I'm not sure if it will be that good with a cheap motherboard.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

teagone posted:

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 3 2200G 3.5 GHz Quad-Core Processor ($79.99 @ Micro Center)
Motherboard: MSI - B450M GAMING PLUS Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard ($69.99 @ Google Express)
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($119.99 @ Google Express)
Storage: Samsung - 970 Evo 500 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive ($109.99 @ Micro Center)
Total: $379.96
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-11-19 17:10 EST-0500

The above parts list will be replacing components in my Plex server. I'll might be doing a mild OC on the Ryzen 3 2200G's iGPU, but that's it. Suggestions, recommendations?

I was able to swap in an MSI B450M Mortar motherboard instead for $70.59 after tax. And it comes with a $10 MIR. :toot:

Gonna pick up the Ryzen and NVMe drive on Friday :neckbeard:

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Butt Discussin posted:

You should be able to get a good 27" 1440p 144hz monitor for much cheaper than that on Black Friday sale.
I've not seen that specific monitor much cheaper, and it's the one to get for OP's purposes, as G-sync fills in perfectly for when you can't get 144hz.

Question Time
Sep 12, 2010

Khablam posted:

I've not seen that specific monitor much cheaper, and it's the one to get for OP's purposes, as G-sync fills in perfectly for when you can't get 144hz.

Dell S2716DGR(27", 1440p, 144hz, g-sync) is going to be $350 at best buy on black friday... Though it may be one of those limited availability scam deals that you have to wait in line for days for, in which case I guess that's not a real price.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

The Dell deal is for a TN monitor. Some folks don't mind and apparently it's good for a TN panel, but IPS is going to be a lot better if you don't mind paying a bit more.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

It's also been that price (and cheaper, I believe) off BF before, so doubtful it'll be a limited availability thing past their obviously only having 'x' available per store.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Butt Discussin posted:

Dell S2716DGR(27", 1440p, 144hz, g-sync) is going to be $350 at best buy on black friday... Though it may be one of those limited availability scam deals that you have to wait in line for days for, in which case I guess that's not a real price.
It's a decent, more budget oriented option, but as others said, it's not the same.

fat bossy gerbil
Jul 1, 2007

Is what the op says about a Windows 7 license upgrading to Windows 10 still true? Otherwise I have to order a copy of ten tonight.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

fat bossy gerbil posted:

Is what the op says about a Windows 7 license upgrading to Windows 10 still true? Otherwise I have to order a copy of ten tonight.

Worst case scenario - you have to call a 1-800 number and have MS re-validate your Win7 key for Win10. Win10 will work without a key for long enough for you to get around to that, should it not work straight away. Should be (888) 352-7140.

You can also pick up a 7 Pro key in SAMart and those will activate to 10. Or use SCDKey if you're in a hurry and the self-activation doesn't work.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Nov 20, 2018

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer

caberham posted:

$740 for a 1080 ti mini? Ummmm would this go well with a 2700x gaming rig? I do like the smaller profile and it has 11gb Ram so it seems like it’s not a weird china version

https://www.price.com.hk/product.php?p=254009&sh_ref=cl_4c6292fa86a0fb77c126d855d7a8c760

Thanks goons for the help

Sorry goons this got glossed over can someone offer an opinion? Thanks!

Khorne
May 1, 2002
Is the EVGA Supernova P2 850W a good power supply? I'm having a hard time figuring out whether I want to buy it at the current firesale prices ($90 and a $20 rebate after) or if I should just get a different brand. I've seen some odd complaints about it, but at the same time it has generally high ratings and good reviews.

I'm not actually building my system until next year which makes me a bit uneasy because I won't even be testing if it's doa or something, but at least 95/100 times that shouldn't be the case. If not 99/100. And I'll register for the warranty.

My impression is PSU prices will return to normal by the time I'm building my zen2 computer, and an 850w gives me the headroom I want for that build.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Nov 20, 2018

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Khorne posted:

Is the EVGA Supernova P2 850W a good power supply? I'm having a hard time figuring out whether I want to buy it at the current firesale prices ($100 and a $20 rebate after) or if I should just get a different brand. I've seen some odd complaints about it, but at the same time it has generally high ratings and good reviews.

I'm not actually building my system until next year which makes me a bit uneasy because I won't even be testing if it's doa or something, but at least 95/100 times that shouldn't be the case. If not 99/100. And I'll register for the warranty.

My impression is PSU prices will return to normal by the time I'm building my zen2 computer, and an 850w gives me the headroom I want for that build.

At $69.99 (after rebate) I'd say jump on it: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1245811-REG/evga_220_p2_0850_x1_supernova_p2_power_supply.html

That's a fantastic price for a Platinum 850W. Seasonic doesn't have anything close for that price point at the moment.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Nov 20, 2018

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Khorne posted:

Is the EVGA Supernova P2 850W a good power supply? I'm having a hard time figuring out whether I want to buy it at the current firesale prices ($100 and a $20 rebate after) or if I should just get a different brand. I've seen some odd complaints about it, but at the same time it has generally high ratings and good reviews.

Yeah it's great along with every other PSU in that line especially at that price.

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story&reid=444

Question Time
Sep 12, 2010

caberham posted:

Seems like that's about the going rate. No idea if that is a reputable retailer, though. You'll be maxing out any 1080p/60hz settings, but if you want more details you'll have to look at benchmarks.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

caberham posted:

I assume like me everyone bounced hard off checking into that retailer.
The card and price is fair but not a spectacular deal. It'll work great with a 2700x.

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.
Made a couple of tweaks but I think I've finalised my build, just need to wait for some of the prices to come down (the 1060 dropped £30 today), can anyone see any issues with this?
For the case I've swapped out the Thermalcake v21 mATX cube for a Fractal Mini C as it's much narrower and a better form-factor for my space (it's actually even narrower than Thermalcake ITX box!).

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/gqXJGG

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor (£145.99 @ Aria PC)
Motherboard: MSI - B450M MORTAR Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard (£87.99 @ Amazon UK)
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory (£129.54 @ Aria PC)
Storage: Samsung - 860 Evo 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive (£148.80 @ Aria PC)
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 4 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive (£92.39 @ Aria PC)
Video Card: MSI - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6 GB GT OCV1 Video Card (£205.46 @ Scan.co.uk)
Case: Fractal Design - Define Mini C MicroATX Mid Tower Case (£69.98 @ Scan.co.uk)
Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply (£80.01 @ CCL Computers)
Wireless Network Adapter: Asus - PCE-N15 PCI-Express x1 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter (£15.85 @ PC World Business)
Monitor: Iiyama - Prolite X2380HS-B1 23.0" 1920x1080 60 Hz Monitor (£114.99 @ Box Limited)
Keyboard: Logitech - Wireless Combo MK270 Wireless Standard Keyboard w/Optical Mouse
Total: £1091.00
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-11-20 12:39 GMT+0000

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

The monitor thread might be the best place to ask, but I can't imagine the Iiyama being particularly good for gaming, they're usually very business focused.
The Acer R241Y is usually a great option for that size and resolution, and isn't much more money.

Blorknorg
Jul 19, 2003
Crush me like a Blorknorg!

Is there something particularly bad with the RX 570 8gb? I have an i5 8400 with 16 gigs ddr4 3000 and for some reason that bottlenecker site reports a 50% bottleneck with the 570 (though it also reports a 100% bottleneck with my current GPU...which seems 'suspcious'?)

My current GPU is an R9 280 3gig, so I'd like to replace it this season if possible. I'm eyeing the 570 because there's a surprisingly amazing price for it at the moment on Canadian Newegg:

https://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814137256&Description=rx%20570&cm_re=rx_570-_-14-137-256-_-Product

basically 199 (or 189) with a 30$ rebate, and also includes the voucher for RE2 and DMC5. Presumably I could resell them and bring the end price to around 120-140$ post taxes and shipping on it.

I sort of had my eye on a 1060 6gb but there don't seem to be any real deals on it for Canadians at the moment, it's still rock solid at 350$.

There was an eye-popping price on 1070s at our best buy over here, 350$. The catch being that it's a Zotac model, which is apparently the thing to steer away from.

Either way I'm going to hold on until the "Canadacomputers" flyer gets released, but I thought I'd maybe probe for opinions if possible.

I do all my stuff at 1080p and I don't go super crazy, but I would certainly like to be able to play Cyberpunk 2077 reasonably well when the time comes.

Edit: Looks like Newegg has an RX580 for 270$ too but the reports are that it runs very hot, oh well.

Blorknorg fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Nov 20, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
:siren: Please don't use the bottlenecker website, the results are meaningless and misleading. :siren:

There's nothing bad about the RX 570, it's good as a gaming entry point in 1080p (the Nvidia equivalent is roughly a GTX 1050 Ti), but in GPU-limited games and higher resolutions you have to reduce details faster than on a RX 580/GTX 1060. It's not suggested often because the next tier up, the RX 580 especially, is not much more expensive and gives 1080p another boost so you can run a lot of games with (near) max details.

The new RX 590 is even faster, but also disproportionately more expensive (if you need more than a RX 580, eg. for 1440p gaming, people should aim for a 1070/1070 Ti or Vega 56).