Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

Nice to see that fights aren't just about raw strength and that the right skill at the right time can end a fight before it even started.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Baam is going to be even more of a monster using that white noise skill whether or not he keeps the black march

The Holy Queef
Jul 13, 2003
No, it is not gross, in fact, it's funny, yeah, think of it that way.
Black March Best Girl.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 224 days!
SIU has set up a good scenario here, because no matter how ridiculous Baam is here, it just means he's going to draw that much more attention as a result. Like, so far he's got "beat a higher level Regular, used an orb, the Black March appeared in his hands," and he's probably is going to end up with "beat a Ranker as a low-level Regular" at this rate.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.
https://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-2-ep-329/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=410

Hope you're ready for the Baam hype train, because the brakes are long gone.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Two Tone Shoes posted:

Hope you're ready for the Baam hype train, because the brakes are long gone.

Here's hoping that hype train lasts as long as the hell train arc.

Baam's gotta let some bodies hit the floor.

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
Holy poo poo I was not ready for this chapter. Holy poo poo Baam.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Black March's ignition visual is rad as hell

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I thought baam rocking the tower would be him just defeating one ranker

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Gods I missed Black March. What a flirt.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 224 days!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

The best bit of this chapter is yuri finally rebelling officially

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT BEING HIP!
Bam's a little rusty with his sword skills though it seems.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Looking back at the earliest chapters, Black March's avatar got a serious visual upgrade.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

Sindai posted:

Looking back at the earliest chapters, Black March's avatar got a serious visual upgrade.

Most have except Rak.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Well he does change sizes now, and also you can't upgrade perfection.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

https://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-2-ep-330/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=411

McGuffin exposition time!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Maybe this is a thorn fragment?

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

I don't think so. All the Thorn Fragments originated on the Floor of Death, not whatever weird place Kallavan was at when Jinsung found him.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Maybe it's a piece of Baam's dad's soul idk? From what we know he'd be miserable about having had to murder all those people just to climb

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

I think it's just a power up McGuffin like any of the others we've seen so far. Lots of them around the tower.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Two Tone Shoes posted:

I think it's just a power up McGuffin like any of the others we've seen so far. Lots of them around the tower.

Destined to become part of Baam's endless array of power-up McGuffins.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Yeah, I'm getting no impression that this McGuffin is something specifically plot-relevant to Baam.

Though it is interesting that Ha Jinsung thought it might make him a Slayer candidate, so I guess it's possible the guy whose power was put inside the crystal could be a Big Deal (otherwise how would this guy be a candidate to take on 10 Family people?).

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

It does bring up the question of what it takes to be a Slayer. Jinsung is probably the second most powerful dude in FUG behind Luslec and he's not a slayer. I guess they have to be indoctrinated early and built up as slayers instead of just being super powerful rankers who join FUG or something.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

The slayers make no sense anyway since they can't actually kill family leaders

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Jose posted:

Even without the ability to kill a family leader, people like Karaka have wiped out entire groups through sheer domination. So there still is a use for slayers, but maybe they should have a different name given they can't do the thing their name would imply; unless the dual meaning is that slayer = enforcer?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Two Tone Shoes posted:

Jinsung is probably the second most powerful dude in FUG behind Luslec and he's not a slayer.
According to the wiki/SIU's blog there are multiple other slayers on Luslec and the original White's level, and they're both up there with the family leaders and top Princesses. Karaka is probably the youngest and weakest one.

They might mostly be sleeping/hiding while waiting for someone who can kill Zahard to show up and join FUG though.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Dec 4, 2018

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Its never really been clear whether or not FUG realise who baam actually is. Like turning him into a weapon using the thorn so anyone in FUG can kill a family leader makes sense but surely Luslec would go berserk if he was aware of who baam is and considering Rachel knows it'd be odd if he didn't

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Jose posted:

Its never really been clear whether or not FUG realise who baam actually is. Like turning him into a weapon using the thorn so anyone in FUG can kill a family leader makes sense but surely Luslec would go berserk if he was aware of who baam is and considering Rachel knows it'd be odd if he didn't

Rachel lived with Baam outside? the tower in the exiles community. Luslec might not, would know of irregular but not all the circumstances of his irregularity

Rachel is killing Jahad anyway

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

If Han Sung knew there's no way Luslec is unaware. Most of fug probably just thinks he's some irregular they can abuse. Gonna be real funny when they finally realize fug is a great family and bam is the head.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

Jose posted:

Who knows. Luslec might be of the opinion that if anyone stopped Baam he's not really the child of Destiny. I'm pretty sure Luslec knows who Baam is because he gave Baam his name, which is not something we've seen with the other candidates.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Jose posted:

My guess about it was always that you had to possess some characteristic (like Baam being an Irregular) that lets you harm them. Karaka, as a son of Jahad, might qualify for this? Dunno about White, since there are plenty of other children of the Family Leaders; maybe just the way his power source could theoretically make him strong almost without limit.

edit: I guess it also makes sense that they'd just make anyone who might be capable of killing Jahad a Slayer. After all, there's no way for them to really know without testing it, so it's possible they make Slayers/Slayer candidates out of anyone who has something weird going on with them that might make them get around Jahad's immortality (like White's weird situation, or Karaka being a son of Jahad).

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Dec 4, 2018

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Part of it is also most surely for propaganda purposes. Can't recruit a power base if you don't at least pretend to believe you can topple the King.

White maybe gets around the restrictions by not being 1 person, but a melding of 5.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

I don't think Slayers necessarily are meant to fight Jahad or the Family Leaders. I think, in essence, Luslec created them and FUG to kill the GIANT ARMY of rankers each family has so that the chosen one, our boy Baam, can fight the family leaders without getting teamed up on. Anyone with enough potential for power can qualify for this, even if they can't possibly kill a family leader due to the contracts with the admins. Kallavan certainly doesn't seem like he has any way to get around the contract, he's just ludicrously strong.

It's been plainly stated enough that, unless you are an irregular, you can't do anything to the Family Leaders. And none of these guys in FUG are irregulars as far as we know (at least until we learn more about them but, I dunno, why didn't they boil them into a weapon?).

Two Tone Shoes fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Dec 4, 2018

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 224 days!
I think it was only Jahad that got the version of immortality which doesn't allow anyone within the Tower to kill him, the rest just got immortality. I think the contract also includes the other family heads in the "no killing Jahad" clause as well? I could be wrong.

Since Karaka targets Jahad, I wonder if he's banking on getting around Jahad's invulnerability by being a "prince of Jahad." Wagnan looks so similar to young Jahad that I suspect they might be clones. Although it could be that just being a direct decedent is enough. Of course, you don't really need heirs if you're planning on living forever.

Hodgepodge fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Dec 4, 2018

Panzerschwein
May 8, 2009

sboobs
The various forms of immortality are poorly defined at this point and I wish they would be clarified.

We know the family heads got some form of immortality and that Jahad has something extra on top of that (nobody is allowed to kill him?). Thing is, this all something granted by the floor guardians, so does it still count if the guardian is dead?

It also seems implied that the bracelet from the hidden floor can do something special, possibly with relation to immortality.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Everyone got the immortality from the administrators except for hendo lok bloodmadder who specifically has to have loads of kids to die for him otherwise he isn't immortal

Jahad isn't outright immortal from irregulars but he is apparently far stronger than all the others family heads

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 224 days!

Jose posted:

Everyone got the immortality from the administrators except for hendo lok bloodmadder who specifically has to have loads of kids to die for him otherwise he isn't immortal

Jahad isn't outright immortal from irregulars but he is apparently far stronger than all the others family heads

Bloodmadder also got his immortality from the administrators, he just did something to get left out of the original contract and had to beg them for his lovely version. Presumably he pissed them off somehow.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

Hodgepodge posted:

I think it was only Jahad that got the version of immortality which doesn't allow anyone within the Tower to kill him, the rest just got immortality. I think the contract also includes the other family heads in the "no killing Jahad" clause as well? I could be wrong.

Since Karaka targets Jahad, I wonder if he's banking on getting around Jahad's invulnerability by being a "prince of Jahad." Wagnan looks so similar to young Jahad that I suspect they might be clones. Although it could be that just being a direct decedent is enough. Of course, you don't really need heirs if you're planning on living forever.

With the exceptions of Bloodmadder and V, we know the family leaders are immortal to the point where Arlene literally could not kill herself despite being an irregular like the rest of them. We don't know what the deal with V was, and we know Bloodmadder only vaguely got his deal with a super big caveat because he's a shitlord for some reason. I don't know why Arlene's immortality would be any different from the rest of the Family Leaders.

My guess is the reason everyone was on Jahad's side when he went to punish Arlene and V is Jahad might be the only one who can kill them. Which is why we have Mr. Keikkaku behind the scenes, seemingly helping Baam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 224 days!

Two Tone Shoes posted:

With the exceptions of Bloodmadder and V, we know the family leaders are immortal to the point where Arlene literally could not kill herself despite being an irregular like the rest of them. We don't know what the deal with V was, and we know Bloodmadder only vaguely got his deal with a super big caveat because he's a shitlord for some reason. I don't know why Arlene's immortality would be any different from the rest of the Family Leaders.

My guess is the reason everyone was on Jahad's side when he went to punish Arlene and V is Jahad might be the only one who can kill them. Which is why we have Mr. Keikkaku behind the scenes, seemingly helping Baam.

Good point. The wiki said that being unkillable was Jahad-only, but the reference didn't actually distinguish between Jahad and the other family leaders.