Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
Interesting article here on Pelosi. It really illustrates both the positives and negatives of her potential speakership—there's more than a few quotes in there that will have posters in this thread rolling their eyes and wishing she'd step aside, but at the same time it's clear without question that she has the capacity to rule her caucus with an iron fist that no other candidate for speaker would have, which is going to be incredibly valuable in the days ahead.

Nancy Pelosi's Last Battle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Evil SpongeBob posted:

I was picturing more of a spacedocking.

He is with the navy while he is by default gay as hell i do not trust his abilities to dock with anything.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

ElMaligno posted:

He is with the navy while he is by default gay as hell i do not trust his abilities to dock with anything.

bitch you coast guard

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Viva Miriya posted:

bitch you coast guard

Means he's adept at slipping small vessels into tight spaces.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I appreciate you.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
c**ks

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009

They're already planning to retroactively pull it after the court order expires. Shuck has already gone on record saying that he violate the new terms of behavior, and CNN is threatening to depose the WH if they revoke his credentials in the future.

https://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2018/11/19/arts/ap-us-media-cnn-vs-trump.html

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
:thunk: :thunk: :thunk: :thunk: :thunk:

https://twitter.com/cbudoffbrown/status/1064630065185599488?s=19

The only outstanding question is if those troops now need to take down all that concertina wire, or if it's going to stay and Donnie will call it his big, beautiful wall.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Viva Miriya posted:

bitch you coast guard

Two navy vessels collided in the open sea last year.

the last time the CG had such a catastrophic accident was back in the 1980s.

SMDFTB fuckman

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

"At least Trump “didn’t declare the election illegal,” Pelosi said. “We had a plan for that” "

... I'm actually curious as to what their plan for this was.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
going on maddow and saying the president lacks decorum and it sets a dangerous precedent

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I really hate that this is something we even need to have a discussion about.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

ElMaligno posted:

Two navy vessels collided in the open sea last year.

the last time the CG had such a catastrophic accident was back in the 1980s.

SMDFTB fuckman

this has nothing to do with the amount of cum you gurgle you loving weeb

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
what the gently caress dude

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Viva Miriya posted:

Cool it dude

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

I need to go scrap some money together cause my avatar is just sad.

Viva Miriya posted:

Not cool bro.

Also we teach our guys better and try to treat them like adults rather then kids. Strange....people generally dont want to gently caress it up and actually do there jobs instead of passing the buck.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
https://twitter.com/JesseKellyDC/status/1064604290197577728?s=19

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Viva Miriya posted:

please dont post my good luck ritual so my coast guard cutter never smashes into another vessel.

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

I need to go scrap some money together cause my avatar is just sad.

ElMaligno posted:

please dont post my good luck ritual so my coast guard cutter never smashes into another vessel.

https://popularmilitary.com/sailor-says-navy-colleagues-support-her-non-sexual-furry-lifestyle/?utm_source=The%20Salty%20Soldier see ours works. You navy fucks are doing it wrong. Welp that's my drunk post for the day.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

Like the looming self inflicted extinction level event called climate change?

Also only someone so privileged could think that. Also this tweet is so loving dumb I hope he unknowingly mixes bleach and ammonia while cleaning so he gets a taste of what world war is like. loving dipshit.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

his words aren't wrong even if his meaning is.

shame the u.s. will be the bad guy in the next one

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

RFC2324 posted:

his words aren't wrong even if his meaning is.

shame the u.s. will be the bad guy in the next one

You're going to fight yourselves in the next one, so you automatically win, and lose.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Locker up.

https://twitter.com/mateagold/status/1064665373340037120

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/julian_epp/status/1064665861104041985?s=21

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Hexyflexy posted:

You're going to fight yourselves in the next one, so you automatically win, and lose.

It would totally fit the american view of our place in the world if our next civil war was also a world war

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/wyatt_privilege/status/1064647770357841921?s=21

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

hahaha. I love being a mathematican, I could go all nerd on this stuff but I'm enjoying it too much. The bottom is zero you bastards. The alpha and the omega, zeuszero.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
gently caress imagine if you bought at 18k thinking it could do nothing but go up

Imagine you then borrowed on margin

Then imagine the sweet release is inside your veins

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

not caring here posted:

gently caress imagine if you bought at 18k thinking it could do nothing but go up

Imagine you then borrowed on margin

Then imagine the sweet release is inside your veins

Imagine you're zaurg and took out another line of credit to do so

I'm not joking

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Now that's just throwing an exponent onto the value of your stupid decision. Heh, decisionS.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
bitcoiners might even be dumber than Trump supporters but I reckon they're one in the same

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
The HR guy at my old client was big into a few of the coins, and was trying to convince people to buy in back when BTC was 17k+

He did not like it when I told him to gently caress off with his digital snakeoil, but didn't really try and fight it either.

I did however go over to one of the project managers that's getting ready to retire and is actively trading to stay the gently caress away from crypto (and later told him to get out of TSLA) and he listened both times, which is good.

I can only imagine how much money the HR guy lost though. Probably everything at this point.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
My boss buys bitcoins, altcoins, and thinks electrical substations cause cancer. So this is the power of business owners...

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Woof Blitzer posted:

My boss buys bitcoins, altcoins, and thinks electrical substations cause cancer. So this is the power of business owners...

If you use the dielectric for frying they do!

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
One of the younger trimmers at work mentioned wanting to buy a bitcoin (like it was a physical thing he could stuff in his pocket) friday before last. It was still around $5800ish or whatever at the time. Last friday I asked him if he'd looked at the price recently, gotta a shrug in response. Asked again today, another shrug.

I think he bought some bitcoin after he mentioned it 10~ days ago. I gave him a good rundown on how it's just a modern tulip mania (no clue what that was) or like beanie babies in the 90s, the day he mentioned it. He was also of the belief that beanie babies were still valuable.

Goddamn, how it must be, to be 21 and gullible as gently caress.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

One of the younger trimmers at work mentioned wanting to buy a bitcoin (like it was a physical thing he could stuff in his pocket) friday before last. It was still around $5800ish or whatever at the time. Last friday I asked him if he'd looked at the price recently, gotta a shrug in response. Asked again today, another shrug.

I think he bought some bitcoin after he mentioned it 10~ days ago. I gave him a good rundown on how it's just a modern tulip mania (no clue what that was) or like beanie babies in the 90s, the day he mentioned it. He was also of the belief that beanie babies were still valuable.

Well, he helped another poor dumbass cash out, so there's that.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Imagine it at 31 - 41 lmao

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

That Works posted:

Imagine it at 31 - 41 lmao

Imagine it at 41-91 lmao

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Imagine it at 69

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I'm gullible as hell, just not to this guys' level. I hope he learned a valuable lesson though.

I should send him to a recruiter.