Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Oscar Wild posted:

Nope, I see Axely and UN Squadron for SNES on my end. Two shmups, come on Nintendo, how about some variety here!

Are you talking about Switch Online? Am I just missing :thejoke: ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

DanZX posted:

How's the reaping and tearing in Doom? I think a friend of my owns a copy of the PS4 version so which one should I play?

The PS4 graphics and framerate are significantly better BUT being able to rip & tear on your lunch break at work is awesome, even if it sometimes looks like someone smeared Vaseline over the screen. The Switch version has gyro aim, so it does have that advantage. It's hard to call it a great port, but don't underestimate how freaking cool it is to play a brutal, violent AAA game on a portable Nintendo console.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

DanZX posted:

Is Splatoon 2 worth it if I'm not into playing online all that much?

The campaign is decently meaty and there's a DLC that is purely single player challenge missions (with some cosmetic unlocks that carry over into MP.)

DanZX posted:

speaking of musous should I get Hyrule or Fire Emblem? We've already beaten Hyrule Warriors on the WiiU many years ago but that game is so good. Or maybe Pirate Warriors 3? How is it on the Switch?

Fire Emblem is okay but basically only has 4-6 movesets cloned across the cast. Hyrule's definitely the better of those two and probably the best musou on Switch (it also has all the DLC and improvements from the 3ds version plus more.) Pirate Warriors 3 is also a lot of fun but I played it on PC so I can't say much about the Switch version.

DanZX posted:

Oh I saw someone recommending Celeste and Hollow Knight. I was planning on getting those for PS4 but the portable console seems like a no brainer. Should I buy most if not all my indies on the Switch? Are there any performance issues?

Most indies are fine on Switch (with Dead Cells being a really notable exception, unsure of if it was patched. The big thing is that you tend to pay slightly more for Switch indies.

DanZX posted:

How's the reaping and tearing in Doom? I think a friend of my owns a copy of the PS4 version so which one should I play?

Switch has gyro aiming options but a halfed (yet steady) framerate of 30 FPS. PS4 looks a bit nicer and runs at 60 FPS. You might just want to go with PS4 if you can get it cheap/free.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Warframe is still here but still no go on the download

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/warframe-switch

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Saw a post on reddit Warframe is supposed to unlock 11am EST

E: per twitter
https://mobile.twitter.com/rebbford/status/1064676729602625537?s=09

Fun Times! fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Nov 20, 2018

DanZX
May 5, 2015

asecondduck posted:

The PS4 graphics and framerate are significantly better BUT being able to rip & tear on your lunch break at work is awesome, even if it sometimes looks like someone smeared Vaseline over the screen. The Switch version has gyro aim, so it does have that advantage. It's hard to call it a great port, but don't underestimate how freaking cool it is to play a brutal, violent AAA game on a portable Nintendo console.

Mokinokaro posted:

The campaign is decently meaty and there's a DLC that is purely single player challenge missions (with some cosmetic unlocks that carry over into MP.)

Fire Emblem is okay but basically only has 4-6 movesets cloned across the cast. Hyrule's definitely the better of those two and probably the best musou on Switch (it also has all the DLC and improvements from the 3ds version plus more.) Pirate Warriors 3 is also a lot of fun but I played it on PC so I can't say much about the Switch version.

Most indies are fine on Switch (with Dead Cells being a really notable exception, unsure of if it was patched. The big thing is that you tend to pay slightly more for Switch indies.

Switch has gyro aiming options but a halfed (yet steady) framerate of 30 FPS. PS4 looks a bit nicer and runs at 60 FPS. You might just want to go with PS4 if you can get it cheap/free.

Yeah I think I'll take my reaping and tearing on PS4 for now then, but having it on the go do sounds nice.

Ok I think I'll hold off on Splatoon until I can get it cheap and the buy the Octo Expansion.

About FE, wow just clones? Sounds lame. Guess it's more Zelda then. Haven't really checked much of the DLC, are there new Adventure maps? I remember beating 1 or 2 on the WiiU because those things are huge!

So Dead Cells a no go on Switch? Ok. Hmm about prices I guess I'll just pick must haves like Celeste and Hollow Knight and wait for sales or something

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

DanZX posted:

Wow this thread moves fast.
Thanks to everyone who put game recommendations, really.

Is Splatoon 2 worth it if I'm not into playing online all that much?
To the person who said to buy Diablo 3 again...You win this time, well after I buy the exclusives like Zelda and Mario I guess.
Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetimw is pretty chill but I already got it on PS4, and also my wife is more of a musou lady, and speaking of musous should I get Hyrule or Fire Emblem? We've already beaten Hyrule Warriors on the WiiU many years ago but that game is so good. Or maybe Pirate Warriors 3? How is it on the Switch?
Oh I saw someone recommending Celeste and Hollow Knight. I was planning on getting those for PS4 but the portable console seems like a no brainer. Should I buy most if not all my indies on the Switch? Are there any performance issues?
And I'm not bad at plataformers but DK mine carts can gently caress right off. How hard are the ones in Tropical Freeze? I've beaten DKC 1 and 2 but gently caress those stages.

-I would not buy Splatoon 2 if you aren't going to play online, the campaign is nowhere near as fun as the online stuff
-Hyrule Warriors is better than FE, but it's still the Wii U game with a lot of extra stuff.
-Tropical Freeze is really hard
-I never got into D3 on PC but I am loving it on Switch, all of my friends got it at the same time and we're having a lot of fun exchanging tips and stuff we found and occasionally doing rifts together

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
https://twitter.com/kaylamdimarco/status/1064555973996621825

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

DanZX posted:

Guess it's more Zelda then. Haven't really checked much of the DLC, are there new Adventure maps? I remember beating 1 or 2 on the WiiU because those things are huge!

There's 10, iirc. 14 if you include the harder variants of a few.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Are you talking about Switch Online? Am I just missing :thejoke: ?

Read their post :ironicat:

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Your Computer posted:

one time I'm gonna make a gimmick team of only the big pink pokémon and it's gonna suck :c00lbert:

i don't know their size in-game but these are all very pink: shiny drowzee/hypno, shiny jynx, shiny dratini/dragonair

Lazlo Nibble
Jan 9, 2004

It was Weasleby, by God! At last I had the miserable blighter precisely where I wanted him!
Don’t let a general dislike of online play dissuade you from at least trying Splatoon 2. The last online game I played was Quake III Arena and I’m hooked to the tune of 650+ hours so far even though I kind of suck at it. It’s loads of fun.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Warframe is GOOOOOOO

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
"i kinda suck at this game"

*is at least A rank in every competitive mode*

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Having played nothing but Splatoon 2 since Quake 3 Arena is actually a bad thing rather than a good thing in terms of recommending online games. If you know what playing online is like, and you don’t like it, you should probably avoid buying Splatoon 2.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Looper posted:

"i kinda suck at this game"

*is at least A rank in every competitive mode*

Haha was about to post this.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
Singleplayer Splatoon is a very fun and unique platformer

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
A rank in Splatoon is pretty normie actually considering there are 2 ranks below it and like 15 above it.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Octo Expansion can be really fun, the difficulty is all over the place and you have the option to skip things that are giving you too much trouble. You have to try the challenges before getting your skip though so now and then you might surprise yourself being able to clear something that looked difficult.

I don't think it's really worth the combined cost at all though, if you're tabling the online completely.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
Rank A basically just requires time because the ranks below it are designed to funnel you through it even if you lose 50% of your games. All rank A means is "I have played a little bit of splatoon 2 ranked."

Even if you aren't into competitive multiplayer games Turf War and Salmon Run are still great fun. The single player (vanilla + expac) will last you awhile too. Get splat2n, it rules.

DanZX
May 5, 2015

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

-I would not buy Splatoon 2 if you aren't going to play online, the campaign is nowhere near as fun as the online stuff
-Hyrule Warriors is better than FE, but it's still the Wii U game with a lot of extra stuff.
-Tropical Freeze is really hard
-I never got into D3 on PC but I am loving it on Switch, all of my friends got it at the same time and we're having a lot of fun exchanging tips and stuff we found and occasionally doing rifts together

Hmm ok I lay off Splatoon 2 for now.
I'm stubborn as gently caress so I get DK mine carts or not... What about rockets though?
Man why are you guys so good at making want to buy Diablo 3 AGAIN.

Mokinokaro posted:

There's 10, iirc. 14 if you include the harder variants of a few.

Holy poo poo that's more than enough

Lazlo Nibble posted:

Don’t let a general dislike of online play dissuade you from at least trying Splatoon 2. The last online game I played was Quake III Arena and I’m hooked to the tune of 650+ hours so far even though I kind of suck at it. It’s loads of fun.

I'll get it later but it does look really fun

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Splatoon is the best thing to happen to the shooter genre in forever, it just sucks they don't care about netcode or the players time.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

irlZaphod posted:

I started playing Metroid since it's available in the NES collection now, it's a game which I can sometimes bounce off because of the lack of QOL stuff introduced in later games like maps and save rooms and the ability to shoot down. I decided to start drawing my own map for it though and it's quite fun to do. We'll see if I can stick with it.

I'm glad someone else is enjoying Metroid. I didn't make a map though I'm a horrendous artist.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I'm glad someone else is enjoying Metroid. I didn't make a map though I'm a horrendous artist.

Use graph paper man it's all straight lines

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Splatoon is very Nintendo. Since it’s a Nintendo game it’s very unique and fun and nothing out there is like it. Also since it’s Nintendo and Nintendo is the last major company left that truly sucks at the internet, the online is janky as hell

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Use graph paper man it's all straight lines

This is what makes me so bad! That never even occurred to me.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Splatoon rocks

Metroid rocks. Just made it to Tourain last night. Save states are the only thing it really needed to be great and now it has them.

I've still never made that one jump above Ridleys lair, but it's just a missile tank over there :ohdear:.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I beat Let’s Go: Pikachu.

What an awesome, nostalgic trip. After 20 years I’m a fan of the series again, good move Nintendo.

The dream team:
Pikachu
Vileplume
Onyx
Arcanine
Gyarados
Pidgeot

Vileplume the obvious sociopath is my favorite.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

So Starlink physical is 30€ cheaper until the 25th at FNAC, French best buy, at 50€ and I'm sorely tempted despite not wanting physical. How many gigs does it take up digitally?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

American McGay posted:

A rank in Splatoon is pretty normie actually considering there are 2 ranks below it and like 15 above it.

oh lol my bad. I've played a bunch of splatoon but only a couple matches of ranked so shows what i know

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

100YrsofAttitude posted:

So Starlink physical is 30€ cheaper until the 25th at FNAC, French best buy, at 50€ and I'm sorely tempted despite not wanting physical. How many gigs does it take up digitally?

Come on man, you get a fantastic Arwing model to put on your shelf. As long as you plug the physical stuff in every seven days you can use it all digitally.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Lodin posted:

As long as you plug the physical stuff in every seven days you can use it all digitally.
Wait what

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Console needs to connect every 7 days for you to keep access to NES games in offline mode.

Edit: Gungeon's final paid DLC is being cancelled. Instead they're going to add one final, smaller, free update.

They said the game has been out for 5 years and it is time to move on.

Beastie fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Nov 20, 2018

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Bless Nintendo for letting me start the Warframe download from my phone while at work.

Time will tell but I don't suspect I will play it a ton.
My PC account is Founder level (since beta, paid for a special pack to help fund the early game) and I've sunk probably $200 over 500 hours.

It's a ln exquisite game but being forced to split progress is almost a deal breaker.

If you are brand new to the game, you're in store for a treat. Since it's chiefly a PVE game, the community is very helpful and nice.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Lodin posted:

Come on man, you get a fantastic Arwing model to put on your shelf. As long as you plug the physical stuff in every seven days you can use it all digitally.

Yeah that's the problem. I hate clutter and generally don't collect things it's really not my thing. Let alone I don't even know what shelf to put it on. There aren't many.... Like I just don't want the physical attachments. I'm assuming the digital version'll go on sale eventually.

Could be interesting for other French-based goons.

Inzombiac posted:

Bless Nintendo for letting me start the Warframe download from my phone while at work.

Holy gently caress this is something. Just did and it's so easy!

100YrsofAttitude fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Nov 20, 2018

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Inzombiac posted:

Time will tell but I don't suspect I will play it a ton.
My PC account is Founder level (since beta, paid for a special pack to help fund the early game) and I've sunk probably $200 over 500 hours.

It's a ln exquisite game but being forced to split progress is almost a deal breaker.

If you are brand new to the game, you're in store for a treat. Since it's chiefly a PVE game, the community is very helpful and nice.

I'm starting over on Switch, just because I want to try and run through the star chart solo only and also don't want to have to remember to build the same weapon on both PC and Switch if I did the account copy. Time will tell how quickly this strips my will to live once I hit Uranus.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Mokinokaro posted:

While Octo Expansion is good, you are essentially paying $80 for some short single player campaigns. As fun as it is, it is not worth that cost if you aren't even considering touching online (which would bring that cost up to $100+ if you're getting the annual plan.)

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

njsykora posted:

I'm starting over on Switch, just because I want to try and run through the star chart solo only and also don't want to have to remember to build the same weapon on both PC and Switch if I did the account copy. Time will tell how quickly this strips my will to live once I hit Uranus.

I made it to the third Void string (Sedna, I think) before throwing in the solo towel.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

njsykora posted:

At least Rhino is piss-easy to make and can easily carry you through pretty much everything.
Not an interesting Frame like Saryn but he gets the job done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Does anyone know if there’s a way to deal with the 2005-0003 error without having to reformat my entire sd card? This has happened like 3 times now, and I have a bunch of stuff installed at this point.

edit: well I dont know what I did but I was able to successfully restart the download

Fayez Butts fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Nov 20, 2018