Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ubachung
Jul 30, 2006

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

make it your last imo

As much as my life would be improved by never seeing your posting again, I think I'll post wherever I want :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

ubachung posted:

Making my first post in this thread to say the new patch is terrible. Bizarre and unnecessary changes everywhere imo.
Is this your first major Dota patch? You can tell us; it's okay.

ubachung
Jul 30, 2006
Yeah I've only been playing since Allstars 5.84, so this is the first major change I've seen. Thanks for making me feel welcome to the thread, is it always this lively?

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich
Nah it's generally petty dead

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

ubachung posted:

Yeah I've only been playing since Allstars 5.84, so this is the first major change I've seen. Thanks for making me feel welcome to the thread, is it always this lively?

lol relax the game was stale and big weird changes are fun

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG
So is it impossible to kill tanks now? I got ran over in two games by tanks. DK is unkillable.

NeuroticLich
Oct 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

TOOT BOOT posted:

Sorry but this patch owns extremely hard, the enemy Lion and Ogre got into a fight before runes even spawned about which one of them was the safelane carry.

Who won the debate

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Fade bolt seems really good now

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Nightstalker with new Phase is hilarious my friends.

Also OD is a boring hero to fight and play, so I'm glad he was thrown all the way to the bottom of the dumpster.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

ubachung posted:

Making my first post in this thread to say the new patch is terrible. Bizarre and unnecessary changes everywhere imo.

Yeah, thats Icefrog's gimmick since WC3 tbh :v:

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
I can't wait to see some pro games, this patch owns.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

That one bounty rune being in the water is weird to me

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
Big stuff from 7.20

Huskar doesn't get increased magic resist as his health goes down.
Bloodstone doesn't reduce respawn time and can't be used to deny yourself.
Antimage magic resist/spell reflect rework, can reflect all targetted spells for 1.4 secs on a 15/11/7/3 cooldown without Agh's.
KOTL has a new ult, summons a light that enemies within it's range are forced to look at on and off over the course of about 3 seconds.
Lich had sacrifice replaced with the ability to force an enemy to walk towards him for 2.5 secs(channeled).
Clinkz summons skeletons instead of eating creeps.
Bounty Hunter now can steal unreliable gold on attacks.
Meepo's geostrike got reworked into a lifesteal on hit that heals all the Meepos.

Techies movespeed from 270 to 315 :getin:

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Enigma89 posted:

So is it impossible to kill tanks now? I got ran over in two games by tanks. DK is unkillable.

Im dumb and dont understand anything but the feeling i got as i read the patch notes is that Valve want fights to be a bit slower and have a bit less 'everyone suddenly explodes' .

Also slow death of passive skills continues.

E: also that techies change. Its... why even touch the hero to do that?

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
Luna with a +40 primary attribute aura at level 15 is something, +11% winrate according to dotabuff

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
In general I think the patch seemed focused on making it lot easier to play a melee core. Lots of way to stick to a target instead of getting kited, like leashes, phase boots, more slows everywhere, etc. More status resistance stuff which is good for a guy like standing in the middle of a teamfight. Directly buffing almost all the melee offlaners.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Also massive bkb buff.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Also just making poo poo more fun in general. Lich Sacrifice was good but not fun. Same with Tusk sigil and Bane enfeeble and the Brew miss chance spam thing. KOTL ult isn't brainless anymore and Dark Seer vector wall lets you make way cooler players. Game is just more interesting in general

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Sigil was fun to troll people with, and Sendback was always cooler than Recall. Well, cheers.

Mortimer Knag
Nov 23, 2007
New lich is good. He can cancel tps with 2 abilities now. Laned him with husker and it worked really well.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

this patch is loving wild-looking

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Alchenar posted:

E: also that techies change. Its... why even touch the hero to do that?

His movespeed being so low meant he got chased down too easily without having any of the benefits that a lot of other slow characters have that can save them from dying or aren't as costly to use offensively.

It's going to mean much less of techies getting hopelessly chased down.

I like the change but I'd have rather seen his mines buffed so that they don't take 3 and a half seconds to go off if you have to drop them on someone's toes, 1.6 second explosion delay on the mines in general feels too generous as well.

octobernight
Nov 25, 2004
High Priest of the Christian-Atheist Church
All that matters to me is how these changes impact ability draft. Any of the new skills shoot to first pick status? I'm thinking maybe the Dazzle ult, Finger of Death, or Atrophy/Essense shift?

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

baby delivery truck posted:

New lich is good. He can cancel tps with 2 abilities now. Laned him with husker and it worked really well.

I just wanna techies lich and mind control people into a jillion mines. Not competitive, but itll make me chuckle

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

ubachung posted:

Probably shouldn't post here, it might very well be the worst thread in the Bideo James subforum. I am dictating this post to someone who is sitting at my computer and typing it out, to try and maintain a safe level of exposure banana refrigerator

khysanth
Jun 10, 2009

Still love you, Homar

baby delivery truck posted:

New lich is good. He can cancel tps with 2 abilities now.

Isn't it just Sinister Gaze? What other spell cancels TPs?

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
Yeah unless they gave Chain Frost its ministun back it's just gaze...

I liked microing frozen sigil but if new Tusk is more 'fun' then I'm all for it.

Mortimer Knag
Nov 23, 2007

khysanth posted:

Isn't it just Sinister Gaze? What other spell cancels TPs?

Oh yeah I was still thinking the first hit of chain frost ministunned but I am definitely wrong

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdgFfpQDHH0

woah new drow is insane!!

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Jesus Christ Slark is beyond dumb right now. It looks like you don't actually have to get the kill to permanently steal agility, you just have to have hit them once. Who thought this was a good idea?

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
It's only 1 agility. That's like 10th on the list of reasons why Slark is out of control right now.

ubachung
Jul 30, 2006

TOOT BOOT posted:

Jesus Christ Slark is beyond dumb right now. It looks like you don't actually have to get the kill to permanently steal agility, you just have to have hit them once. Who thought this was a good idea?

Probably not as egregious but Troll and Abaddon also seem to have gone from good to stupid OP.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
if you use supernova tao make it day time during night stalker ultimate he returns to his day time walking animation but stays like 5 feet off the ground so it looks dumb as poo poo.

keeper of the light is insanely overpowered

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

ubachung posted:

Probably not as egregious but Troll and Abaddon also seem to have gone from good to stupid OP.

abaddon seemed actually worse than before his rework, but then again i play all heroes as offlane bruisers anyway

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Trip report: OD extremely, supremely bad now.

I have no idea why they nerfed him so loving hard. He wasn't even good before and now he's basically unplayable.

the hero is literal garbage from the trash bin now

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008

Dre2Dee2 posted:

I just wanna techies lich and mind control people into a jillion mines. Not competitive, but itll make me chuckle

This is definitely the right way to be playing right now.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Lmao, what an idiot. Hero gets a rework and you use the same item build :downs:

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

http://www.dota2.com/news/updates/46110/

About what I'd expected. I don't think it's enough to bring back Drow or OD, but Meepo nerfs are good.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

I really enjoy new lion. I had a couple great (sub 2k mmr) games where I rushed aghs and got sick finger kills. 1200 damage finger at level 15!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
New bounty hunter owns

Offlane Huskar owns

Dark Deer is good again.

Chen is actually fun to play.

Jungle still dead.

Thx u icefrog