Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Sitting in one of the "Hotel Spaces" at the, I poo poo you not, insurance company I'm doing some contract work for, and this is the outlet to plug my laptop into:

I wish I could say it only pulled out of the floor when I went to unplug my laptop, but it was like that when I walked in. And yes, it has power going to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

DrBouvenstein posted:

I wish I could say it only pulled out of the floor when I went to unplug my laptop, but it was like that when I walked in. And yes, it has power going to it.

Did you do the lick test?

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

After this, my videos won't blow your socks off. But I worked at a (little bit different) place like this. If you want to get a sense of scale of those places, they might be interesting. I never bothered to upload them before, so OC, don't steal!

I had to put poo poo audio over them because Youtube doesn't seem to have an option to just remove it. So mute them! Also, I couldn't find the option for the auto stabilization :(
I'm standing where there pallets are normally placed. A coworker is driving me around, he's in a cabin behind me. There's a manual mode for when we humans do things. Everything is quite slow.
Video one is driving forward with manual controls. Video two is going up with manual controls.

Then, there's automatic mode, which drives to a position at ~3 meters/second. This is the third video, which is the most exciting one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OprCDk3BREk&list=PLzk9Q1XB-ZCrJPhJzb6-JO_OHpLyHqWG_ (This should be a playlist of 3 videos without me talking, if it isn't, please tell me!)

Those lifts could pick up or set down pallets on the right or left, up to 750kg. There were 20 lanes. ~10,000 pallets were put in/picked out each day.

For OSHA, one time a lift got stuck at the top and instead of putting on the climbing equipment and climb 45 meters of ladder (it's harder than you think!), we just drove the lift in the next lane up and walked to the other one. Without safety, because there aren't any attachment points on any of the storage structure. I wonder why.

RabbitWizard fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Nov 20, 2018

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Renegret posted:

Cheese pun
Gotta put in more effort than that, it's just common curdesy.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Free Cheese posted:

Like a fine swiss this thread has been robbed of at least 15% quality content

holey moly

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

https://montrealgazette.com/news/local-news/atwater-tunnel-is-flooded-because-of-a-water-main-break

Nice.

Default Settings
May 29, 2001

Keep your 'lectric eye on me, babe
https://i.imgur.com/U1YuTjT.mp4

I don't know anything about the context, but I am concerned.

Default Settings fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Nov 20, 2018

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

These safety PSAs are getting out of control.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQ3gwnyJvE0

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Default Settings posted:

https://i.imgur.com/U1YuTjT.mp4

I don't know anything about the context, but I am concerned.

shes's delivering mail, thats how they do it. That's from a youtube video

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

bring back old gbs posted:

shes's delivering mail, thats how they do it. That's from a youtube video

Posties around here don't generally kiss the mailbox though.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Bethamphetamine posted:

These safety PSAs are getting out of control.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQ3gwnyJvE0

lmao

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

jobson groeth posted:

Do the mailboxes looks like geese?

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

It's a super slow burn, but yes lmao indeed. Complacency has been defeated this day.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Cthulu Carl posted:

Depends on how much acid you did before work.

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?

jobson groeth posted:

Looks like the Amazing Race

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

jobson groeth posted:

my postman deep tongue kisses all three of my lawn gnomes after dropping off my mail. given the circumstances in the video, a quick peck to the goose is probably alright, but call me a traditionalist, I prefer my civil servants to do things right, even if it takes a little more time

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

A man got run over by an airliner on a takeoff run at a Moscow airport today. The investigators say they'll need DNA analysis for any kind of ID.

The plane has suffered no damage whatsoever.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

jobson groeth posted:

haha fair enough, I think she's just doing a thing for the video but boat people are a superstitious bunch so who knows

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Cthulu Carl posted:

Mine looks like a swan and the postwoman tries to gently caress it all the time.

SelenicMartian posted:

A man got run over by an airliner on a takeoff run at a Moscow airport today. The investigators say they'll need DNA analysis for any kind of ID.

The plane has suffered no damage whatsoever.
Glad to hear that. It could have been dented.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

I want to believe this is powered and moves up and down the street

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

mobby_6kl posted:

Mine looks like a swan and the postwoman tries to gently caress it all the time.

Geeze, from Queen of Sparta to postal worker, that's quite a fall...

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

GotLag posted:

I want to believe this is powered and moves up and down the street
Unfortunately it's just a Range Rover ad
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALtGqSdt-4w

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Apparently loaded with chicken products.

schmug
May 20, 2007

Synthbuttrange posted:

not any more

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

local dogs well fed

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

The lighting at the start of this video always makes me think I'm looking at a nuclear reactor.

jemand
Sep 19, 2018

mobby_6kl posted:

Glad to hear that. It could have been dented.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tInDH2FeXaM

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

Well now we know what happens when you lower the road.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Synthbuttrange posted:

looks like the chicken crossed the road :vince:

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

https://i.imgur.com/0C4L4kx.mp4

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

CRAWL FASTER

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Synthbuttrange posted:

Salvador Dali's The Persistence Of Chicken Nuggets

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

:stare:

Aren't forklifts deceptively heavy? I feel like it was talked about here before. That just makes me wince harder at clips like this.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Zipperelli. posted:

Aren't forklifts deceptively heavy? I feel like it was talked about here before. That just makes me wince harder at clips like this.

Yes, the entire back end is basically a solid steel counterweight. Any part of him that was caught under it would have been SUPER squished.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Powershift posted:

Yes, the entire back end is basically a solid steel counterweight. Any part of him that was caught under it would have been SUPER squished.
We could easily have been looking at a criminal-level amount of code violations here. There are regulations at all levels that help preventing over-loading or under-supporting structures in industrial settings. After the inevitable investigation I wouldn’t be surprised if there was evidence to bring a queso manslaughter.

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money
A queso manslaughter is what’s going to happen as soon as I get back to Houston for Thanksgiving.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

bobfather posted:

A queso manslaughter is what’s going to happen as soon as I get back to Houston for Thanksgiving.

Ayyyy lmao

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

SLOSifl posted:

We could easily have been looking at a criminal-level amount of code violations here. There are regulations at all levels that help preventing over-loading or under-supporting structures in industrial settings. After the inevitable investigation I wouldn’t be surprised if there was evidence to bring a queso manslaughter.

Spectacular :worship:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Zipperelli. posted:

Forklifts are really tiny but can weigh as much as 5 tons. The official recommendation if you're in a tipping forklift is to stay belted into your seat instead of trying to jump out because the roll cage will basically pulverize anything it crushes.