  • Post
Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose
As a Californian, who care about a loving article?

If you want to do something besides rack up internet snark points then donate or volunteer.

https://sacramento.cbslocal.com/help-2/

https://i.imgur.com/zzFcasM.mp4

Spun Dog fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Nov 20, 2018

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

haveblue posted:

The year without a summer caused really nice sunsets but also a global famine so I guess we have to burn a bunch of 19th century landscape paintings now

*checks system clock*

Nah dawg it's 2018 we should be fine

Munkeymon posted:

The tragedy isn't that the fire happened, it's that people died. Finding a silver lining to the fact of the fire happening is totally different from looking for upsides to people being dead.

Lol come on dude you're calling me dense after posting this poo poo

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Munkeymon posted:

I was trying to point out that, if you remove profit motive and sell it at cost of manufacture, it'll still be relatively expensive to produce per-dose.

expense really shouldn't matter, especially when you consider the unbelievable amounts of unquestioned graft in this country

i'd rather we spend on this treatment to give these people hope of a better life than spend trillions building planes that can barely fly and that will only ever be used to murder

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire

Condiv posted:

observing that "sure tons of people just died but man did you see the sunset their burned up bodies produced" is kinda like going to a funeral and saying "yeah, you might be a widow now but imagine all the hot dudes you can date!"

y'all are broken, it's an article about atmospheric phenomenon, there are also WaPo articles on how terrible the fires are. Not everything about a tragic event has to be wall to wall gnashing of teeth.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
It's an incredibly poor taste article.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://mobile.twitter.com/EliStokols/status/1064957552209858561

This is so gross.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Sometimes you gotta dismember a few eggs to make an omelette.....

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Crow Jane posted:

At least he made Trump's face appropriately hideous

Why did he make him Now Trump instead of using a younger version? Like, there's photo reference of him younger than 40.

Looks like Kemp is going to push an anti-LGBTQ angle, which will bring about Hollywood calls for a boycott even louder now, as well a probably also losing other businesses.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

ewiley posted:

y'all are broken, it's an article about atmospheric phenomenon, there are also WaPo articles on how terrible the fires are. Not everything about a tragic event has to be wall to wall gnashing of teeth.

out of respect for the dead and the people who lost them, why don't we hold back on observing how pretty DC sunsets are now cause of the fire which killed them

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Hahaha look at Trumps right leg. It’s like 6 feet long.

God drat. He also has clown feet. I'm glad the artist gave him an old man gut, even if it is 60lbs underweight.

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Ok let's even pretend "enhanced" isn't a positive term. Maybe, just maybe, the atmospheric phenomenon doesnt need to be explained while thousands are missing and tons of people lost their homes. Maybe people could just wonder.

Efb

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

CuddleCryptid posted:

I am going to be a modern day Robin Hood and break into bitcoin miners' basements to steal their cards to distribute to those in need.

What would they do, chase me? Those types think that cardio is one of the Kardashians

Jokes on you; they burned through half the chips in five months.

Anyway, I'm just marveling in the insanity of Trump getting to dictate a press release. Was there nobody in the White House there who could stomach writing it?

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

Condiv posted:

expense really shouldn't matter, especially when you consider the unbelievable amounts of unquestioned graft in this country

i'd rather we spend on this treatment to give these people hope of a better life than spend trillions building planes that can barely fly and that will only ever be used to murder

Yeah, agreed see: my earlier replies to you.

Ate My Balls Redux posted:

Lol come on dude you're calling me dense after posting this poo poo

That was before I posted that. Let's try to stick to the facts, here. We're not Republicans.

Munkeymon fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Nov 20, 2018

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

axeil posted:

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1064952535843262465

BUT HER EMAILS

I hope they literally just quote from the poo poo the GOP gave Hillary.

By God, how I hope that Ivanka is locked in a committee investigation for 8 hours like Hillary was.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

DrNutt posted:

:wtc:

Also I am blown away that something like CK2 wouldn't be playable without a graphics card but I guess given what I bolded nothing is surprising anymore.

There's a special mode where you can play as cats, dogs, horses, bears, hedgehogs, ducks, elephants and dragons. All the character and country names are species appropriate (one of the dog countries is Goodboyistan :3:), and it's more or less the best thing ever. I had a cat ruler named High Chief Mr. Bigglesworth before the computer died, it's killing me I can't continue his reign of terror.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

axeil posted:

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1064952535843262465

BUT HER EMAILS

I hope they literally just quote from the poo poo the GOP gave Hillary.

Trump's response: "I barely knew Ivanka. She was just an intern. Got coffee. Really good person though, shame to see it happen like this."

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Crow Jane posted:

There's a special mode where you can play as cats, dogs, horses, bears, hedgehogs, ducks, elephants and dragons. All the character and country names are species appropriate (one of the dog countries is Goodboyistan :3:), and it's more or less the best thing ever. I had a cat ruler named High Chief Mr. Bigglesworth before the computer died, it's killing me I can't continue his reign of terror.

well then, just take my money, paradox

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Crow Jane posted:

There's a special mode where you can play as cats, dogs, horses, bears, hedgehogs, ducks, elephants and dragons. All the character and country names are species appropriate (one of the dog countries is Goodboyistan :3:), and it's more or less the best thing ever. I had a cat ruler named High Chief Mr. Bigglesworth before the computer died, it's killing me I can't continue his reign of terror.

Welp guess I know what's going to finally pry me away from RDR2.

DrNutt posted:

Is that spreadsheet of goon twitters still around? I created one a few weeks ago to post dumb Xbox screen shots and get a fancy gold weapon in the new Tomb Raider, but I wanna follow you funny people and I didn't get in on the first round of twitter jerkin'

Reposting in case it got lost on the last page. I swear I remember a Google doc or something being posted (maybe in the last thread?) but there's nothing in the op.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Pander posted:

well then, just take my money, paradox

I am currently playing as a Zoroastrian King and adopted a kitty. My character had a habit of taking his cat into battle with him for luck and when the kitty was killed by an errant arrow shot in a battle against the Caliphate he proceeded to kill the Caliph in a duel for revenge.

It's incredible.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

axeil posted:

I am currently playing as a Zoroastrian King and adopted a kitty. My character had a habit of taking his cat into battle with him for luck and when the kitty was killed by an errant arrow shot in a battle against the Caliphate he proceeded to kill the Caliph in a duel for revenge.

It's incredible.

Make their nation burn

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Crow Jane posted:

There's a special mode where you can play as cats, dogs, horses, bears, hedgehogs, ducks, elephants and dragons. All the character and country names are species appropriate (one of the dog countries is Goodboyistan :3:), and it's more or less the best thing ever. I had a cat ruler named High Chief Mr. Bigglesworth before the computer died, it's killing me I can't continue his reign of terror.

Can you be a cow? Is it Moosader Kings?

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

DrNutt posted:

Make their nation burn

His son ended up being in the Assassins so I had him send Shia assassins after the Caliph's descendants. Then his son ended up being a Satanist and he used the power of the Dark Lord to start killing every baby the Caliph had.

I've made it my mission to wipe out the Caliphate for the crime of killing a kitty :3:

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

To: Daddy

From: Ivanka

Subject: Clinton emails

Dear Daddy,

Attached is some bullet points you could use about Crooked Hillary’s emails on your next stump speech

<3 Ivanka

(Sent from my personal iPhone)

IVANKA: “lmao I feel so alive.”

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://mobile.twitter.com/AshaRangappa_/status/1064945969240915968

Pretty good description of the Trump Doctrine.

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

Crow Jane posted:

There's a special mode where you can play as cats, dogs, horses, bears, hedgehogs, ducks, elephants and dragons. All the character and country names are species appropriate (one of the dog countries is Goodboyistan :3:), and it's more or less the best thing ever. I had a cat ruler named High Chief Mr. Bigglesworth before the computer died, it's killing me I can't continue his reign of terror.

:stare: that's amazing

e: uh, is CK kinda like Total War where you can marry off nobles to other countries for diplomatic reasons? Cuz, uh, that could get weird.

Munkeymon fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Nov 20, 2018

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

After thinking about it for a while, I've realized the US has no good solution to the Saudi Arabia situation.

I mean, they control OPEC, and therefore are holding America (and everyone else) by the balls. Right? And there is precedent for them using that as leverage before.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

axeil posted:

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1064952535843262465

BUT HER EMAILS

I hope they literally just quote from the poo poo the GOP gave Hillary.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Truly the perfect jest.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
Do not have the Paradox games derail itt, tia.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Munkeymon posted:

:stare: that's amazing

e: uh, is CK kinda like Total War where you can marry off nobles to other countries for diplomatic reasons? Cuz, uh, that could get weird.

Indeed it is! High Chief Mr Bigglesworth had an elephant concubine, in fact, and their daughter together was a cat-cultured elephant named Tiger

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Serious question: what is the State's obligation to a non-citizen resident who, outside our borders, is murdered by another country? "They murdered a civilian (bad) on another country's soil (very bad) and couldn't even cover it up (extremely bad)" is a pretty clear violation of international norms and our government should absolutely be pushing back on that instead of shrugging. I'm seeing a lot of people invoke Khashoggi as a "US person" or "US resident," though, and it reads to me like an attempt to paint Trump as shirking his duty to him as an individual.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

I don't think this guy understands sports. You can't score own goals in American Football.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

There is no way Trump's hands can hold a regulation football like that.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Wistful of Dollars posted:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Truly the perfect jest.

That's like justice in a mirror, somehow backwards. :pwn:

^^^
McNoughton is a seriously hosed up individual.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Madkal posted:

I don't think this guy understands sports. You can't score own goals in American Football.

I viewed it more as Trump, king pissbaby, is taking his ball and going home, much to the consternation of everyone else who came to play some football....

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Burning_Monk posted:

It's an incredibly poor taste article.

Here, have another:

https://twitter.com/CNNBusiness/status/579871001103630336

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Lightning Knight posted:

Do not have the Paradox games derail itt, tia.

In other words we should moove on?

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Something something help me budget this I'm broke something something.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

If any of that poo poo made them not rich anymore they wouldn't bother with it

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

enraged_camel posted:

After thinking about it for a while, I've realized the US has no good solution to the Saudi Arabia situation.

I mean, they control OPEC, and therefore are holding America (and everyone else) by the balls. Right? And there is precedent for them using that as leverage before.

The smart strategy would have been to work to improve diplomatic relations with other oil-producing countries in the region, not to mention investing in alternative energy sources, so that SA wouldn't have us by the balls like this. But nope, Trump decided to go all-in on MBS, and now he's stuck making pathetic excuses for murderers.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Ate My Balls Redux posted:

In other words we should moove on?

:mad:

TheScott2K posted:

Serious question: what is the State's obligation to a non-citizen resident who, outside our borders, is murdered by another country? "They murdered a civilian (bad) on another country's soil (very bad) and couldn't even cover it up (extremely bad)" is a pretty clear violation of international norms and our government should absolutely be pushing back on that instead of shrugging. I'm seeing a lot of people invoke Khashoggi as a "US person" or "US resident," though, and it reads to me like an attempt to paint Trump as shirking his duty to him as an individual.

I'm not sure actually but this does bring up the philosophical question of how completely psychotic the concept of "citizenship" is when you think about it. Like oh, he wasn't a citizen, so the fact that a brutal dictatorial regime butchered him and then blatantly lied about it on international news is no big deal. Who the gently caress defends that? Well, Republicans, basically.

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4