Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Captain Invictus posted:

holy lol, Tsuko G dug up the kazoo's grave to do a Rude Buster Kazoo'd cover. :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD__iW53rAk&hd=1

Aaaaaand that's going on the playlist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

J.A.B.C. posted:

Aaaaaand that's going on the playlist.
tsuko g is super good even outside of his kazoo covers. One of my favorites of his is a cover of Butterfly, the original Digimon intro which is such a weirdly good, beautiful song for not-pokemon. It's a bummer the US replaced it with that not great digimon are the champions song instead of an english cover of Butterfly. Definitely check out TG's other stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDwzFi0gc0s&hd=1

edit: aaaaand looking up the lyrics for it let me know the original singer died of metastasized cancer a couple years ago, god drat it cancer :smith:

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Nov 19, 2018

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

McFrugal posted:

You can't spare anyone during a genocide run. Also I don't think it's possible to spend money anywhere? Except maybe the bake sale. You steal from the first shop, and iirc Gerson refuses to do business with you. Tem Shop is closed... Maybe you can buy from Burgerpants?
You also have a lot of money anyway since you have to do a lot of grinding.

Huh. Since you can grind for money doing that in the Neutral version I had to wonder.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
I like how the Deltarune enemies can be grinded, they just don't aggro and chase you after you spare them the first time you fight.
Well some of them don't anyways.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Who is the artist? This got a hearty chuckle out of me.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

MariusLecter posted:

I like how the Deltarune enemies can be grinded, they just don't aggro and chase you after you spare them the first time you fight.
Well some of them don't anyways.

I know some of the enemies in the castle will specifically become non-aggro after you go into a side room and talk to them.

While you can't exhaust enemies by beating them, maybe you'll get a bad path by taking too much money from them. :v:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

A.o.D. posted:

Potoo Brigham, is the artist.

Youtube is chock full of compilations using their work with voice and sound.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oUY2vtecNY&t=124s

e; Woops! The artist for that went un-credited int he source I found.

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Nov 19, 2018

Angry Avocado
Jun 6, 2010

A.o.D. posted:

This one's from Benteja on Tumblr, which was in response to a post from Potoobrigham

TalonDemonKing
May 4, 2011

Thank you for your time
Your posts
Your wonderful theories
Will now be discarded

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

The bit about

quote:

(from unused text in Undertale)
Greetings.
You have made yourself completely clear.
Understood.
I, your humble servant, will follow you to the utmost...

seems to align quite nicely with

quote:

(from the genocide ending)

Greetings.
I am Chara.
[...]
Now we have reached the absolute.
There is nothing left for us here.
Let us erase this pointless world, and move on to the next.

On the other hand, the "specific way someone talks" routine has been used before, via sans in the judgement part of Undertale (as well as in the opening when you leave the Ruins).

My personal crackpot theory based on this is that Gaster, "shattered across time and space", is "outside the game world". Chara, too, is like this, appearing at the end to destroy the world, and still existing after it's gone. Gaster has developed "the device", something that can create a new vessel for a lost soul, which is also "outside the game world" -- you. But before the process is finished, Chara intervenes. (How exactly the soul is deposited in Kris is anybody's guess, but it's implied this has happened before.) I feel like there's a parallel with the Half-Life series and how Gordon is usurped by the G-Man, until later being similarly yanked out of the plan by the Vortigaunts. It would not surprise me if the underlying story was of this meta-game being played between two sides.

Really, though, I want to know more about what the deal with Kris is and how that'll work out.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
i don't think there's much to gain from reading too much from the "your humble servant" thing. toby used that in the 1.001 patch to replace a message asking people to please not datamine the poo poo out of the game and post things online out of context. we know how that turned out, so i think that message is just a way of saying "well gently caress you too" while staying kind of thematically appropriate.

i'm glad that that all didn't dissuade toby from filling deltarune with a bunch of fun secrets like that though, despite what he said in the creepy "Don't spoil the game" warning that got removed in the same patch

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

imo the 'please don't datamine the game' was actually a signifier that there was a bunch of poo poo in there explicitly to be datamined

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
I think it was more "keep the datamined stuff kinda hush hush for a while" and by the time he updated the game the amount of time that had passed was enough for toby to not care as much anymore.

Digamma-F-Wau fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Nov 20, 2018

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

https://twitter.com/KenjuTE/status/1064741989789376513

Shamelessly asked my friend about doing this and now I'm wondering how well they would of been received if they started out like this :v:

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

https://twitter.com/KenjuTE/status/1064741989789376513

Shamelessly asked my friend about doing this and now I'm wondering how well they would of been received if they started out like this :v:

Probably just as well as the final versions, because those are hella cute looking.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
That version of Ralsei has kindof awkward-looking sleeves. It's definitely better for them to be green too.
Kindof looking like Ralsei doesn't have any weird stuff going on with his face since every other version of him is obvious goat.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

McFrugal posted:

That version of Ralsei has kindof awkward-looking sleeves. It's definitely better for them to be green too.
Kindof looking like Ralsei doesn't have any weird stuff going on with his face since every other version of him is obvious goat.

I didn't notice it until he pointed it out but his sleeves actually do change color in game when he removes the hat. It's kinda weird once you notice it but they turn black.

It's one of those things where I wonder if it's intentional or just something not quite noticed in time. Ya never know :v:

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I didn't notice it until he pointed it out but his sleeves actually do change color in game when he removes the hat. It's kinda weird once you notice it but they turn black.

It's one of those things where I wonder if it's intentional or just something not quite noticed in time. Ya never know :v:

Huh... so he reverts to his beta design.

Also I like this:
http://potoobrigham.tumblr.com/post/180149624601/but-in-the-banjo-kazooie-soundfont-the-world

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

[X]

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
group shots time

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

well poo poo this one just gives me the warm goddamn fuzzies

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Can't believe this hasn't been posted before. Apparently there are voice files for all of Jevil's dialogue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q956U4qSW-4

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

sans would 100% be one of the earthbound/mother companion characters that does their own thing. like autosusie but just shrugging and dodging and not giving the slightest of shits

mage toriel is drat good though

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Why is it that the transition into the battle screen with everyone brandishing their weapons for a second is so drat satisfying?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Zamujasa posted:

sans would 100% be one of the earthbound/mother companion characters that does their own thing. like autosusie but just shrugging and dodging and not giving the slightest of shits

mage toriel is drat good though

sans

class: sans

stats screen just stops a few letters in

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Average Bear posted:

Can't believe this hasn't been posted before. Apparently there are voice files for all of Jevil's dialogue.

rude

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

SirSamVimes posted:

Why is it that the transition into the battle screen with everyone brandishing their weapons for a second is so drat satisfying?

Probably the timing, combined with the music and sound effects.

It's kind of crazy how much all the little pieces of something like that can add up together. Just a little pause can make all the difference sometimes.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

The weakest character. Can only do 1 damage.

Angry Avocado
Jun 6, 2010

100/100 HP

:raise:

Captain Invictus: If it's not too much trouble, could you also provide sources for the fanart? Some fanartists don't really like their artwork being reposted without credit. And that way I can check out the rest of their work, too :)

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Average Bear posted:

incredible

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

I think that Jevil video's fake, I remember hearing that when it got posted elsewhere

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

The Ayshkerbundy posted:

I think that Jevil video's fake, I remember hearing that when it got posted elsewhere
It's definitely real. The proof is when Jevil says he's gonna suck your dick, I mean come on who could possibly forget that part

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
The account’s name is a corrupted form of SiIvaGunner, so that’s a given.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

It's definitely real. The proof is when Jevil says he's gonna suck your dick, I mean come on who could possibly forget that part

poo poo you're right

Zebia
Oct 10, 2012

How's my volume?

This came up today, for anyone interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wdbOWlf2ew
It is a Game Theory video on DeltaRune. It's not a dumb one like his Sans=Ness video (but he does make fun of it briefly in the beginning). Some effort was put into this one. It goes over stuff that's been discussed in this thread and some stuff that I don't recall being discussed in the thread. I found it interesting at least.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Zebia posted:

It is a Game Theory video

It's not a dumb one

I don't believe you.

risky business
Oct 9, 2012

Barns?

Zebia posted:

This came up today, for anyone interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wdbOWlf2ew
It is a Game Theory video on DeltaRune. It's not a dumb one like his Sans=Ness video (but he does make fun of it briefly in the beginning). Some effort was put into this one. It goes over stuff that's been discussed in this thread and some stuff that I don't recall being discussed in the thread. I found it interesting at least.

I don't like to harp on this much, but is it so much to ask when making public-facing theory stuff that you use the character's in-game pronouns?

Like, I'm past the point of caring enough to bother with fic writers or fanartists or whatever who change pronouns, because headcanons is headcanons and I can just keep scrolling, but people take the Gametheory stuff as a source of authority, as stupid as it often is, and now here's a video that keeps using "she" for Kris.

Especially with Deltarune's underlying theme of not being able to decide who Kris is, it feels weird to me that everyone is jumping in to gender them so fast.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
The proper pronoun is Vessel.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Zebia posted:

Can you do me a tl;dw?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

gt;ww