Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Gravy Jones posted:

I refuse to believe that Andy Ngo isn't the illigitimate lovechild of completely-unbiased-all-my-friends-just-happen-to-be-nazis independent pretend journalist Tim Pool and housebound imbecile Ian Miles Cheong

In researching my theory I may have discovered the mysterious reason why Tim Pool always wears a beanie

Lol so that's why he wears the hat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Dameius posted:

Racist white dude impregnates Asian woman who has baby who needs to reconcile their dad's hatred of all non-white people with the fact that they themselves are half non-white. The birth of a chud.

In all fairness I'm pretty sure the rally that guy was attending was in support of rapists and not specifically white supremacists.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Eh, tomayto / tomahto, but fair point.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Dameius posted:

Eh, tomayto / tomahto, but fair point.

Jumbo sized Judge Dredd behind him there is probably a white supremacist though.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

CPL593H posted:

Jumbo sized Judge Dredd behind him there is probably a white supremacist though.

Judge breadd
Judge overfedd

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

CPL593H posted:

I've been binge reading through the Judge Dredd stories and it's been weird comparing it to reality, because Dredd wouldn't be caught dead supporting these chuds.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
^----- Yeah Dredd is a mega authoritarian fascist but he straight up doesnt give two fucks about people unless they break the law.

Is it weird I find Boogie to be infinitely more annoying than morons like Ian Miles or Jacob Wohl ?

At least they have some shred of ideals or whatever. Boogie just says dumb rear end hot takes and then whines and complains about how mean the internet is when people call him on it.

OldTennisCourt has issued a correction as of 23:08 on Nov 20, 2018

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

OldTennisCourt posted:

^----- Yeah Dredd is a mega authoritarian fascist but he straight up doesnt give two fucks about people unless they break the law.

Is it weird I find Boogie to be infinitely more annoying than morons like Ian Miles or Jacob Wohl ?

At least they have some shred of ideals or whatever. Boogie just says dumb rear end hot takes and then whines and complains about how mean the internet is when people call him on it.

Boogie is that IMC tweet "I have a political stance. My political stance is pro-consumer pro-gamer, that's it" except that's somehow actually his political stance

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

OldTennisCourt posted:

There's a stretch of stories around 2006-2008 where Dredd convinces them to repeal the laws prohibiting mutants from living in mega city one and when anti mutant crime skyrockets he comes down extra hard on the racists

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Hey guys maybe the South should have won the Civil War?

That's dumb

WOW I GUESS NO ONE CAN HAVE OPINIONS HOLY CRAP WHY AM I BEING PERSECUTED I THOUGH WE HAD FREE SPEECH THIS IS WHY I HATE POLITICS

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

There's a stretch of stories around 2006-2008 where Dredd convinces them to repeal the laws prohibiting mutants from living in mega city one and when anti mutant crime skyrockets he comes down extra hard on the racists

I'm just making a joke about them being fascists and basically cosplaying Mega City One at their goofy rallies.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

CPL593H posted:

I'm just making a joke about them being fascists and basically cosplaying Mega City One at their goofy rallies.

Yeah I know I just like pointing out that even turbo fascist judge Dredd hates racists

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

OldTennisCourt posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_29yvYpf4w

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Yeah I know I just like pointing out that even turbo fascist judge Dredd hates racists

That's what makes it a liberal fantasy

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

That's what makes it a liberal fantasy

It realllllllllllly isn't but okay guy

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

You could make a case that Judge Dredd is a fantasy by someone who has never witnessed fascism up close, or at least someone who thinks fascism oppresses everyone instead of tacitly supporting public violence on their rivals.

I know he's not as well known, but it's telling you never see cops wearing Judge Dredd stickers and far too many Punisher ones.

SardonicTyrant has issued a correction as of 00:09 on Nov 21, 2018

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/liamkingstonian/status/1064870204214263808

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 19 days!)

SardonicTyrant posted:

You could make a case that Judge Dredd is a fantasy by someone who has never witnessed fascism up close, or at least someone who thinks fascism oppresses everyone instead of tacitly supporting public violence on their rivals.

I know he's not as well known, but it's telling you never see cops wearing Judge Dredd stickers and far too many Punisher ones.

because Judge Dredd follows due process

TheComicFiend
Oct 4, 2013

Let's Survive

SardonicTyrant posted:

I've been binge reading through the Judge Dredd stories and it's been weird comparing it to reality, because Dredd wouldn't be caught dead supporting these chuds.

Easy: Chudge Dredd

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Hold on, was this video posted by the guys who got run off from this thing to make them look cool? The whole thing is kind of vague, but if that's the case, then Jesus Christ.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

The video from yesterday was four dorks being quietly ushered out of a lobby or something. Patriot Front makes a “cool” video of every dumb thing they do, though, like when they drove their mom’s van to Vermont (?) to hold a sign in front of city hall for ten minutes and their video recorded the license number on mom’s van.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

TheComicFiend posted:

Chudge Dredd

mods please change thread name.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

CPL593H posted:

Hold on, was this video posted by the guys who got run off from this thing to make them look cool? The whole thing is kind of vague, but if that's the case, then Jesus Christ.

Yes, you have it correct

Shear the Sheep
Dec 31, 2008
Mike trying to turn face

https://twitter.com/Cernovich/status/1065028611688693760

SAD

selec
Sep 6, 2003

already deleted

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

deleted, what was it?

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Was it another sparkling face filter video?

Shear the Sheep
Dec 31, 2008

selec posted:

already deleted

selec posted:

already deleted

Shear the Sheep has issued a correction as of 01:03 on Nov 21, 2018

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

SardonicTyrant posted:

It's because he is only a small piece of a larger machine, not a man purposely trying to exert his will on the world in defiance of what The Man says. Being a hold individual is more appealing than just being a very efficient cog in the machine

Also the last fifteen years or so have been about Dredd trying to fix the system so that maybe the world can go back to not being a nightmare after being confronted with the truth: the judge system was never intended to be a permanent thing, it was only ever meant to get the country through a period with a batshit insane corrupt president who just wanted to nuke Russia and literally stole the election

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Also plenty of Dredd stories are just absolutely nightmarish if you strip the jokes out, and that's before you take into account that the system is patently failing and things are actually better in the small pockets of civilization that operate more like the Old World and the city is essentially limping from disaster to disaster and the next one could be the end of what's left of America

Which rules

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

I hate Woke Mike; it's so fuckin wierd (and fake)

TulliusCicero has issued a correction as of 01:24 on Nov 21, 2018

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer
Dredd tone & politics also swings wildly depending when it was written and who was writing.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
DON'T GET CAUGHT HUNGRY WHEN YOU'RE IN YOUR UNDERGROUND BUNKER BECAUSE RAHOWA STARTED AND FEMA'S COMING FOR YOUR GUNS

BY THIS EXCLUSIVE FOOD FROM BEN SHAPIRO

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Hollandia posted:

Dredd tone & politics also swings wildly depending when it was written and who was writing.

Tone yes, politics not as much as you'd think

CitStion, let me show you my spreadsheet

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Tetracube posted:

DON'T GET CAUGHT HUNGRY WHEN YOU'RE IN YOUR UNDERGROUND BUNKER BECAUSE RAHOWA STARTED AND FEMA'S COMING FOR YOUR GUNS

except for the pancakes that food looks like poo poo

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Hellsau posted:

except for the pancakes that food looks like poo poo

did that food trigger you with facts and logic? loving sjws

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Tetracube posted:

did that food trigger you with facts and logic? loving sjws

facts don't care about my taste buds

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

I think at some point they realized they couldn't really write an even-handed authoritarian ; you have to choose one or the other.

Like, I'm still early on, and there's a story where Dredd breaks up a democracy protest using tactics that wouldn't be out of place today, but it goes out of its way to show he didn't break the laws of Mega-City One. In reality, they wouldn't have cared, and I think the writers eventually realize that.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Tetracube posted:

the Ben Shapiro Meal Plan, for when you want to ensure your children remain small and stunted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

uber_stoat posted:

the Ben Shapiro Meal Plan, for when you want to ensure your children remain small and stunted.

I like how the 2-week plan is 1500 calories a day and the 4 week plan is 2000 calories a day, you know, so you can have just enough energy if you're not having to do any work to survive.