Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I should mention, if you want to click on the link I posted, you have to read it in Tim Rogers voice first. This is a scouts honor type of thing, but I feel like I can trust you guys

He has a pretty normal voice, he only puts on that affectation in certain videos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Wamdoodle posted:

Hey all, I just got a Switch finally after a $50 off promotion from Google Express. $250 was enough for me to take the plunge but the actual final straw was the announcement of a Resident Evil 4 port :sweatdrop: (Yes I plan on owning as many copies as possible) Also gonna catch up on Zelda and Mario, of course. Anyone play Enter the Gungeon, Nuclear Throne, and Binding of Issac in handheld mode and can give their experiences?

I really liked BoI. Performance wise it is awesome on Switch. Gungeon is neat, they added a lot with the Advanced Gungeons and Draguns patch. I still can't seem to really love the game though. The weapons are still few and far between, and the first two levels get repetitive.

Never played Nuclear Throne.

If you're interested in these games check out Diablo 3 and Dead Cells.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
is Tim Rogers like Xenoblade where when people say they like it it's actually a Funny Meme that they are espousing and not some bizarrely true fact

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

I like Tim Rogers and failed to like Xenoblade 2 no matter how much I tried. If that helps

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Inzombiac posted:

HOW

EXPLAIN

https://www.warframe.com/news/account-migration-coming-soon

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Bleck posted:

is Tim Rogers like Xenoblade where when people say they like it it's actually a Funny Meme that they are espousing and not some bizarrely true fact

Wait I don’t get it what’s the funny meme with XC2? The big tits thing?

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Tim Rogers is ultimate proof of how necessary editors sometimes are. His writing used to be completely insufferable due to the amount of smugness and words words words. These days his work is surprisingly enjoyable.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Lodin posted:

Tim Rogers is ultimate proof of how necessary editors sometimes are. His writing used to be completely insufferable due to the amount of smugness and words words words. These days his work is surprisingly enjoyable.

totally agree. I remember the old articles on this site about his godawful game writing. It was BEYOND bad. His work is exponentially better now.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

CharlestheHammer posted:

Wait I don’t get it what’s the funny meme with XC2? The big tits thing?

the joke is people saying it's a good game that they like

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Bleck posted:

Do people still do that after Bad Rats.

Do people still do that with bad rats

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

I don't know what bad rats is but it sounds extremely good and actually I love it.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

tim rogers is actually the best game critic that i know of. i dont know a lot of them though!

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

the whole videoball saga is amazing. and the zynga thing. it's like epic poo poo man

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

Wamdoodle posted:

Hey all, I just got a Switch finally after a $50 off promotion from Google Express. $250 was enough for me to take the plunge but the actual final straw was the announcement of a Resident Evil 4 port :sweatdrop: (Yes I plan on owning as many copies as possible) Also gonna catch up on Zelda and Mario, of course. Anyone play Enter the Gungeon, Nuclear Throne, and Binding of Issac in handheld mode and can give their experiences?

I don't think Nuclear Throne is on Switch. If it was, I would be playing it nonstop.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

CharlestheHammer posted:

Do people still do that after Bad Rats.

Do people still do that with bad rats

Nah the bad rats joke is to gift it to everyone whenever it goes on sale.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
The Bad Rats joke is the friends we made along the way.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I hate my friends.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

i am maybe two pages late but...

if we're recommending Splatoon 2, let me be the one to shout SALMON RUN from the rooftops.

it's the best horde mode i've ever played and is addictive and fun and terrifying and your adrenaline gets jacked. the rest of splatoon 2 is great as well but the amount of time you can spend having fun grinding out salmon run waves is insane

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

alf_pogs posted:

i am maybe two pages late but...

if we're recommending Splatoon 2, let me be the one to shout SALMON RUN from the rooftops.

it's the best horde mode i've ever played and is addictive and fun and terrifying and your adrenaline gets jacked. the rest of splatoon 2 is great as well but the amount of time you can spend having fun grinding out salmon run waves is insane

My rank mode scores would all be much higher if I hadn't played 9000 hours of Salmon Run

It is very, very good.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
I've never played Salmon Run

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Does splatoon still do the dumb thing where the different modes are time locked to certain times, meaning that in the handful of tens of hours of Splatoon I've played I've never once done a salmon run, only because I dont play at the right time of night?

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Beastie posted:

I really liked BoI. Performance wise it is awesome on Switch. Gungeon is neat, they added a lot with the Advanced Gungeons and Draguns patch. I still can't seem to really love the game though. The weapons are still few and far between, and the first two levels get repetitive.

Never played Nuclear Throne.

If you're interested in these games check out Diablo 3 and Dead Cells.

Diablo 3 was my first purchase actually! I was looking at Dead Cells as well.

Charles Get-Out posted:

I don't think Nuclear Throne is on Switch. If it was, I would be playing it nonstop.

Cripes you're right. There was speculation that it was coming but I guess nothing came from that. Too bad....

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Does splatoon still do the dumb thing where the different modes are time locked to certain times, meaning that in the handful of tens of hours of Splatoon I've played I've never once done a salmon run, only because I dont play at the right time of night?

You can pull up the app and see the schedule for everything in-game.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Its not that I cant figure out when they are, but that they never line up with when I'm playing. Its dumb that its not just another mode you can do 24x7

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Is Torna going on sale for Black Friday anywhere?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Its not that I cant figure out when they are, but that they never line up with when I'm playing. Its dumb that its not just another mode you can do 24x7

If Salmon Run was open 24/7, it would probably affect other game modes. Likewise, if every ranked mode was available all the time, I guarantee you'd have like 10 people who basically gatekeep Clam Blitz from now until the game dies.

The rotation encourages playing outside of your comfort zone.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
It's still really dumb, but it's a lot less bad than it used to be, since while it's not open 24/7, it's open for a lot longer and there's less downtime compared to launch where it was super easy to miss sessions.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Bleck posted:

I think people are able to sincerely hold opinions that you don't, hth

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
This is what happens when Timmy doesn't have an editor and it's funny as hell.
https://medium.com/@108/when-life-was-cold-and-love-was-weird-59789a999cca

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Lodin posted:

Tim Rogers is ultimate proof of how necessary editors sometimes are.

Also see: Laymen Gaming :australia:, and Pretty Good Gaming. For being news reporting, they really don't know how to get to the loving point.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

The Switch is the only console I've been wild about since the PS2/GC era. It's a great concept and I hope Nintendo sticks with it.

Elderbean fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Nov 20, 2018

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
So this insane Switch deal is apparently from a legit shop:
https://www.cnet.com/news/get-a-nintendo-switch-for-179-99/

It sold out almost instantly but they said they are getting more stock. They also have game and accessory deals and I ordered Let’s Go Evee for $34 from them so hoping it’s legit and I’m not an aging fool.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
E: forgot to refresh before posting.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Anyone know if there's supposed to be more Eevachu Switch bundles arriving?

EB has the "trade your old one in for the new one plus $200" going until December 2, but no one had any after the first day, so I don't know what the gently caress.

Mortley
Jan 18, 2005

aux tep unt rep uni ovi
Does anybody know if Civ6 switch's touch controls can be done with one hand? I'm about to have surgery on my left wrist, but I'm right-handed.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Happy days are here again!

I can't read the fine print right now but I hope that I could move it back to PC after a while. I don't expect linked accounts but a FINAL one-way migration might make me hold off.

Circle Nine
Mar 1, 2009

But that’s how it is when you start wanting to have things. Now, I just look at them, and when I go away I carry them in my head. Then my hands are always free, because I don’t have to carry a suitcase.
I for the life of me cannot find a control method I like in Splatoon 2 which is making it really unfun and frustrating when I keep getting slatted by people who are loads better than me in whatever the main online mode is called. Does anyone have any tips or am I just going to keep bouncing off this until either I give up or it just clicks?

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Circle Nine posted:

I for the life of me cannot find a control method I like in Splatoon 2 which is making it really unfun and frustrating when I keep getting slatted by people who are loads better than me in whatever the main online mode is called. Does anyone have any tips or am I just going to keep bouncing off this until either I give up or it just clicks?

Watch streamers and see how they move across the map and how they use their weapons, thats your best bet (i.e. you can kind of see what sensitivity the best players generally use to accompany their playstyle).

Shammypants fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Nov 21, 2018

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

I think Helzberg has a deal right now where if you spend 1,200 or more you get a free Switch, as well. I mean if you're getting married you might as well treat yo-self.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Circle Nine posted:

if you're using motion controls try turning up the sensitivity if you haven't, the default definitely doesn't feel right