Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I like her but she let twitter cancel one of her series over the summer, so I'm guessing she hasn't learned much

lol i forgot about that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Everything else aside, the most perplexing thing she did was campaign HARD for The Mummy Remastered, a game absolutely nobody on staff played including herself. Like what the gently caress lmao

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Everything else aside, the most perplexing thing she did was campaign HARD for The Mummy Remastered, a game absolutely nobody on staff played including herself. Like what the gently caress lmao

She argued this over stuff like finally a good sonic and resident evil in ebst surprise i thinj

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol Mummy Remastered

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

The mummy remastered bit was worse, the dream daddy "its very good" thing gets blown out of proportion because people forget she (and Vinny) were arguing with Dan who kept responding with stuff like "well that's nice that this was a fun happy time for you" while they talked about how they liked the game's themes, characters, etc

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dan was right.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

In Training posted:

Remember when they gave GOTY to Fortnite.

http://jeff.zone/post/180259445191/do-regret-giving-pubg-game-of-the-year

http://jeff.zone/post/180278428496/is-the-fact-that-people-are-still-arguing-over

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

In Training posted:

Dan was right.

Plus her weird hatred of any japanese game while ignoring the history of visual novels. Clearly no clue what she was talking about lol

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

HolePisser1982 posted:

Him, Jeff, and Vinny not liking RDR2 is making me really hyped for the goty podcast

There is a light

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Plus her weird hatred of any japanese game while ignoring the history of visual novels. Clearly no clue what she was talking about lol

Adding to this, what ibespecially didnt like, even when im not familiar with vns, is that they were going on and on about how it was a subversion of the typical vn and then in the same breath admitting they never played any. How do you even argue that, i get its not a sciwentific summit but come on

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

tao of lmao posted:

Last year killed any desire to listen to this year’s beyond the individual categories.

I'll still listen to it so I can get pissed off. Also I like the music and style categories.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

Dan was right.

hes the most rational person there

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
theyre gonna record before smash comes out just to stop dan from nominating it

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

so it's gonna be a fight between RDR2, Hitman 2 and MHW then?

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

mp5 posted:

so it's gonna be a fight between RDR2, Hitman 2 and MHW then?

My money is on God of War.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

I don’t think rdr ranks higher than 5 for the site list.

spb posted:

I'll still listen to it so I can get pissed off. Also I like the music and style categories.

Yeah the specific categories like you mentioned are still fun discussions. I just don’t want to listen to 7 hours of poor arguments for their top 10.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

spb posted:

My money is on God of War.

God of War is still my GOTY and I want it to win, but I bet it'll be Horizon'd this year and nobody will remember how much they liked it 'cause it came out in March lmbo

elf help book posted:

theyre gonna record before smash comes out just to stop dan from nominating it

I think you mean Ben

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

esperterra posted:

God of War is still my GOTY and I want it to win, but I bet it'll be Horizon'd this year and nobody will remember how much they liked it 'cause it came out in March lmbo

I think you mean Ben

dans a smash lover too, his first year he wanted 4 on the goty list and they forced him to pick between that and mario kart 8 like that makes any sense

also god of war sucks

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

elf help book posted:

dans a smash lover too, his first year he wanted 4 on the goty list and they forced him to pick between that and mario kart 8 like that makes any sense

also god of war sucks

Man I completely forgot about that. I always pegged Dan as more of a casual Smash fan who's mostly just into it b/c Nintendo, but doesn't care much beyond it being a big Nintendo game ...which tbf is basically a guarantee Dan will jizz his pants.

also god of war owns!!!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

All smash fans are casuals

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

In Training posted:

All smash fans are casuals

truth

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

elf help book posted:

also god of war sucks

This, that's why it or spiderman will win

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

spb posted:

This, that's why it or spiderman will win

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Dark Horse Black Ops 4 emerges from the chaos of bargains and compromises.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

tao of lmao posted:

Dark Horse Black Ops 4 emerges from the chaos of bargains and compromises.

Fortnite wins back to back would be awesome

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

https://m.tiktok.com/v/6626906761095810309.html

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

celeste for goty.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

can't believe they're already doing GOTY again...

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

In Training posted:

can't believe they're already doing GOTY again...

Always a good idea to have a premium sale the week before the site basically goes on hiatus for 2 months

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Been relistening to last years GOTY and forgot they axed Mario Odyssey for Best Looking in favor of Destiny's skyboxes

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
Muh Dream Daddy

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I wanted to blow Brad's head off with a 12 gauge when he called Mario Odyssey "generic"

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Squeezy Farm posted:

Muh Dream Daddy

It pushes forward the visual novel genre you see, a genre I am very knowledgable about despite Dream Daddy being my first VN

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

In Training posted:

Been relistening to last years GOTY and forgot they axed Mario Odyssey for Best Looking in favor of Destiny's skyboxes

WHy would you ever relisten to that. WTF. Value your time spent on God's great Earth.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I listen to every GOTYcast in the time leading up to the new ones, and even as someone who does that every year I am dreading so much of last year's when I get to it lmao

My fury at everyone basically being ready to give NieR:A 2nd over BotW in the top 10 list before Abby decides to continue her war on it (and get brad and dan going again) shall be pure and strong.

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

esperterra posted:

I listen to every GOTYcast in the time leading up to the new ones, and even as someone who does that every year I am dreading so much of last year's when I get to it lmao

My fury at everyone basically being ready to give NieR:A 2nd over BotW in the top 10 list before Abby decides to continue her war on it (and get brad and dan going again) shall be pure and strong.

You all have some sort of condition.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Squeezy Farm posted:

WHy would you ever relisten to that. WTF. Value your time spent on God's great Earth.

I leave it on in the background while playing games

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The funny thing about these casts is that it's the only memorable thing they've done in the last Year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Squeezy Farm posted:

You all have some sort of condition.