Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

I knew you were sick but thats criminal use of space.

This property has some serious design issues due to age, it's hard to visualize. The only outlet in that space is behind there, and I also have a computer desk behind there that can't be seen, as well as one of those crawl space-style closets.

I do need a serious cleanup still, though, and that's an old pic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Tie it all together with a tasteful wall scroll

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

Tie it all together with a tasteful wall scroll

gently caress me, I think I had a Ninja Scroll wall scroll "behind" that picture (on the floor, not hanging up). Doesn't get more tasteful than that.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Has anyone else been using the new Rewards app? Trying to complete the 5000 point punch card and my cheevos don't seem to be registering despite me playing the games that are specifically listed. I know it says tracking can be delayed by several days but the 500 point RDR2 one pretty much popped instantly. Just wondering if anyone else has had any luck getting it to register. I'd love another free month of game pass.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I can't find what you're talking about. Where is it?

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Rocket League is finally getting 4k/60fps/HDR on X on December 3rd.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
FUk yes.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Can someone tell me why THE MOST POWERFUL HOME GAMING CONSOLE has difficulty trimming down a two minute video into a ten second clip? This is not a problem my PS4 has and it's really frustrating.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

RBX posted:

I can't find what you're talking about. Where is it?

Dang I didn't see your post until just now. So the most recent update added a "Microsoft Rewards" app to the Xbone and the app has a number of "quests" and poo poo to do that can earn you points. Currently there's a 5000 point quest featuring game pass games of various types that tasks you with earning achievements in various game pass games. This is fairly significant because you can use points to purchase, for instance, another month of game pass, which iirc is something like 6200 points.

Since I posted that though, three of the cheevos have registered so it does appear to have a two or three delay between unlocking the various achievements and the rewards app registering them as completed.

I recommend looking for it in your apps if you have/are interested in game pass.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The little xbox light on the controller is crazy bright in a dark room. Can it be switched off through some controller utility app or something on pc?
I put a little circle of no residue painters tape over it to filter it into a soft blue for now. It was getting pretty distracting for me.

pthighs
Jun 21, 2013

Pillbug

Real hurthling! posted:

The little xbox light on the controller is crazy bright in a dark room. Can it be switched off through some controller utility app or something on pc?
I put a little circle of no residue painters tape over it to filter it into a soft blue for now. It was getting pretty distracting for me.

For Elite controllers yes, otherwise no.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

DrNutt posted:

Dang I didn't see your post until just now. So the most recent update added a "Microsoft Rewards" app to the Xbone and the app has a number of "quests" and poo poo to do that can earn you points. Currently there's a 5000 point quest featuring game pass games of various types that tasks you with earning achievements in various game pass games. This is fairly significant because you can use points to purchase, for instance, another month of game pass, which iirc is something like 6200 points.

Since I posted that though, three of the cheevos have registered so it does appear to have a two or three delay between unlocking the various achievements and the rewards app registering them as completed.

I recommend looking for it in your apps if you have/are interested in game pass.

Ohhhh it's an app on the console. Ok thanks!

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

DrNutt posted:

Can someone tell me why THE MOST POWERFUL HOME GAMING CONSOLE has difficulty trimming down a two minute video into a ten second clip? This is not a problem my PS4 has and it's really frustrating.

The PS4 has dedicated hardware for the purposes of working with video captures, which is also why it does rolling 15-minute recording at all times it's not explicitly blocked. The Xbox's solution kind of stapled it on after the fact and has to use the console's core hardware and even the XB1X doesn't bump the CPU in a way that makes a meaningful difference for system stuff like working with video and navigating the home UI.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

univbee posted:

The PS4 has dedicated hardware for the purposes of working with video captures, which is also why it does rolling 15-minute recording at all times it's not explicitly blocked. The Xbox's solution kind of stapled it on after the fact and has to use the console's core hardware and even the XB1X doesn't bump the CPU in a way that makes a meaningful difference for system stuff like working with video and navigating the home UI.

Cool! I ended up downloading upload studio and using that and it worked a lot better, so I guess there's that?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

DrNutt posted:

Cool! I ended up downloading upload studio and using that and it worked a lot better, so I guess there's that?

Good to know. Dedicated hardware for working with video used to be serious business since if you go back 15-20 years it was nigh-on impossible to work with even SD video without that kind of specialized hardware to do the heavy lifting, and you can still run into all sorts of trouble without it due to other system processes and fun things like that.

Avid Media Composer is the NLE video editing software for people who don't gently caress around and do that for a living. Its system requirements are rather interesting because they boil down to "you are required to buy a prefab workstation from HP, Dell, Apple or Lenovo. Here is the list of models and configurations we support, for each one there is a 30-something page PDF laying out in no uncertain terms the exact system configuration you have to use. BIOS settings, Windows settings, Nvidia Control Panel settings, what driver versions and what order you install them in...you are basically configuring this computer for this task and only this task. We will not offer you technical support unless you follow this explicitly," mainly because working in movies/TV tends to be a 24/7 affair and doesn't allow for things like "you've been rendering for several hours/days and then the system crashed/rebooted for an update".

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

univbee posted:

Meanwhile for me the Xbox record feature works fine while the ps4 Pro version either has a ridiculously long delay after pressing record or records a bugged 1 second clip. I gave up completely trying to use it in mp because it will make the ps4 do spinning circle loading for up to a minute while I die in the background

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

ethanol posted:

Meanwhile for me the Xbox record feature works fine while the ps4 Pro version either has a ridiculously long delay after pressing record or records a bugged 1 second clip. I gave up completely trying to use it in mp because it will make the ps4 do spinning circle loading for up to a minute while I die in the background

You're holding your PS4 Pro wrong.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
My xbox was giving me fits where it wouldn't capture any clip longer than 29 seconds even after I had changed the capture resolution off of 4khdr but a couple weeks later now it's taking 3 minute clips or whatever so that's cool.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Now that Sunset Overdrive is on PC, there are no good exclusives on the system?

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Waltzing Along posted:

There's still a few Halos and Forzas. It's arguable whether Sunset Overdrive ever was a "good exclusive".

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The rare replay user interface is very exclusive

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Waltzing Along posted:

Forza Horizon 2, I guess, if you ignore the bad 360 version

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Real hurthling! posted:

Love all those tiles in my games library. Sometime the same game has two of them. Very cool!

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Real hurthling! posted:

I was going to add RR, but it's just games from other systems, so not really an exclusive.

It's funny that the xbox one turned into the worst console ever.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/wario64/status/1065251767816876032?s=21

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Last year I got an Xbox one X for $103

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Worth of Doritos but can you beat that price

Danith
May 20, 2006
I've lurked here for years
I just bought mine for $399 a couple days ago :v

Everyone is right about the interface, holy poo poo what a horrible interface. Is there a way to see what games I had from the store on my xbox 360? When I went to the 'available games' section it only showed doom and N+ and I swear I had more then that.

Also the controller feels really cheap

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

ethanol posted:

Last year I got an Xbox one X for $103 Worth of Doritos but can you beat that price
gently caress off you miserable retard.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Waltzing Along posted:

I was going to add RR, but it's just games from other systems, so not really an exclusive.

It's funny that the xbox one turned into the worst console ever.

There are much worse consoles imo. Its probably the most unnecessary console from a games-access perspective within its own lifetime though

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

American McGay posted:

gently caress off you miserable retard.

Lmao u r one angry man if that post sets you off to r word status right off the bat

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

ethanol posted:

Lmao u r one angry man if that post sets you off to r word status right off the bat

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3823422&userid=120263

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Yeah after I used the Wal-Mart saver app to match target it brought $164 down to $103

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Xbox Ambassador was wrongfully imprisoned

So we get posters like this instead

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

ethanol posted:

Yeah after I used the Wal-Mart saver app to match target it brought $164 down to $103

Seems like you still overpaid.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I like playing my Xbox One X. The games I play are Battlefield V, RDR2, Diablo 3, R6 Siege, BLOPS 4, Witcher 3.

Also the controller is way better than my DS4.

Over There posted:

Xbox Ambassador was wrongfully imprisoned

So we get posters like this instead

As right as they are about Xbox, telling someone to sterilize their family is not cool. Even if that person happens to be a colossal nitwit.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

American McGay posted:

My xbox was giving me fits where it wouldn't capture any clip longer than 29 seconds even after I had changed the capture resolution off of 4khdr but a couple weeks later now it's taking 3 minute clips or whatever so that's cool.

At first I was annoyed that the longest clip length (at 1080p) was 2 minutes but generally speaking most of the cool poo poo that happens in games that makes me go "I wanna save that!" usually happens between ten to thirty seconds at a time anyway.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

ethanol posted:

Cant you factor in fertilizer savings too after you buried all the chips in the yard?

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

Cant you factor in fertilizer savings too after you buried all the chips in the yard?

I’m not allowed to talks about it because of the ongoing epa lawsuit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Beastie posted:

I like playing my Xbox One X. The games I play are Battlefield V, RDR2, Diablo 3, R6 Siege, BLOPS 4, Witcher 3.

Also the controller is way better than my DS4.

As right as they are about Xbox, telling someone to sterilize their family is not cool. Even if that person happens to be a colossal nitwit.

Why not?