Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What are you thankful for?
This poll is closed.
Video games (sincere) 44 10.89%
Video games (ironic) 14 3.47%
Video games (the mod) 74 18.32%
Video games (but only for my platform of choice) 10 2.48%
Video games (but only the one game I play) 13 3.22%
Video games (but only the ones I played as a kid) 17 4.21%
Family, friends, your job, the forum (sincere) 38 9.41%
Family, friends, your job, the forum (ironic) 14 3.47%
Bowsette 117 28.96%
That this Bowsette meme seems to be dying 63 15.59%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Looper
Mar 1, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

The time travel in Ages is much better than the season changing in Seasons yeah but I'd also say that Ages has better dungeon design and a more interesting story.

oracle of seasons being the power analog and having an emphasis on combat, oracle of ages being the wisdom analog and having an emphasis on puzzles, makes me wonder what the third game would've been like if it hadn't been canned early on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Looper posted:

oracle of seasons being the power analog and having an emphasis on combat, oracle of ages being the wisdom analog and having an emphasis on puzzles, makes me wonder what the third game would've been like if it hadn't been canned early on
working title for the courage game was oracle of kissing, you had to kiss everyone in hyrule culminating in a kissing boss battle with princess zelda. shigeru miyamoto decided it was too horny so it was reworked into what became chulip

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

chulip is the best zelda game

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

https://twitter.com/KeitaTakahash/status/1065078609461751808

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

homeless snail posted:

working title for the courage game was oracle of kissing, you had to kiss everyone in hyrule culminating in a kissing boss battle with princess zelda. shigeru miyamoto decided it was too horny so it was reworked into what became chulip

miyamoto fucks up again

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Blessed post

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Simply amazing.

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
I want to know more about the robot.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Looper posted:

In that setup one game was just a zelda 1 remake

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Should I bring my 3DS with me for Thanksgiving at my parents' place even though there's a 99% chance I won't have the time to play it (or will have arguably better ways to spend my time)?

Important to point out that I will not be able to play it during travel, as I am doing all of the driving since I get really bad car sickness and I also can't sleep in cars.

E: Current carts in my 3DS case are M&L Bower's Inside Story, Monster Hunter 4U, Bravely Default, and Kingdom Hearts 3D if that matters. Might switch MH out for OoT 3D so I can finally do Master Quest which I've never done before.

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo

C-Euro posted:

Should I bring my 3DS with me for Thanksgiving at my parents' place even though there's a 99% chance I won't have the time to play it (or will have arguably better ways to spend my time)?

Important to point out that I will not be able to play it during travel, as I am doing all of the driving since I get really bad car sickness and I also can't sleep in cars.

Don’t bring it they'll laugh at you and say,”you still play video games? HA!”

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Still has a 3D camera, doesn’t it? That’s at least a fun novelty for family holiday stuff.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Himuro posted:

My deepest fear revealed.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Himuro posted:

Just say something cutting about sportsball

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
I'm not going to play it in front of them ya goofs. Though if my brother was gonna be there I'd be tempted to bring my SNES Classic and jam on that with him for a bit, but alas. I'll just bring a book instead.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Himuro posted:

just say "you're still racist and old" and then youll never have to worry about getting invited again

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Don't go anywhere for Thanksgiving and just stay at home playing video games alone or, as I am dreading, probably have stuff to do for work.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

me and my roommates are having people over for thanksgiving and then we're gonna watch mst3k

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3

Relax Or DIE posted:

Just say something cutting about sportsball

The warriors are always trying to walk it in.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Thanksgiving was a month ago

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://ve.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_nz0720ywHO1r4rlzx_480.mp4

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

:laffo:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

the vegan agenda strikes again

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Meat is murder

Your murder :black101:

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

"Biscoff."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeC0ZTT8n7E

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Don't believe this PETA propaganda

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

homeless snail posted:

working title for the courage game was oracle of kissing, you had to kiss everyone in hyrule culminating in a kissing boss battle with princess zelda. shigeru miyamoto decided it was too horny so it was reworked into what became Ripened Tingle's Balloon Trip of Love

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Tingle fucks

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Yes, that's what has everyone so worried

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I finished up playing through The Room 3 and got all of the endings, that was fun though it was kind of annoying having to sit through some of the animations repeatedly during the final chapter because the endings all diverge based on a final choice you make so you'll be solving the same puzzle up until that point 4 times to see all of the endings.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I am really hoping I can spend thanksgiving playing spiderman and dragon quest 11 and smoking weed

There is a zero percent chance I'll have to work and almost zero chance I'll have to see any family. I suppose there's a small chance my wife will want to see me but considering she's sent me like two messages total since she abandoned me I kinda doubt it. It's only been 2 months but every day I get more glad she left because as long as she kept threatening suicide there was no way I would have ever left her and as much as I love her as a person she was insanely bad for me

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

How did I never notice sexy Tingle

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

That's a pretty offensive image. Erasure cannot be tolerated

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Everyone knows Twilight Princess is the over-budgeted movie release of the Zelda franchise, they had to use sexy Hollywood actors instead of the original TV cast

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
Can't believe the despicable Nintendo so carelessly flipped the Wii version that Tingle's beauty mark is no longer on the canonical side of his face

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAIJich73NY

holy poo poo they're actually gonna finish it

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/rsuufxo.mp4

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

The 7th Guest posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAIJich73NY

holy poo poo they're actually gonna finish it

wow, pretty cool

at this point just let this team make Half-Life 3 and make the final Time To Choose about either letting the Dyson Sphere go on or obliterating it and trillions of lives to end the Combine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

al-azad
May 28, 2009

"The servers are busy at this time"

God dammit, gotta break out the backup

• Locked thread