Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/jdawsey1/status/1062325924455219200

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lol

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

no poo poo

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
https://twitter.com/KabirTaneja/status/1062618371139620864

THS
Sep 15, 2017

how does anyone see a picture like that and not immediately want to behead every "royal"

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug
john bolton is going to prove that this is actually iran's fault

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1063111419158245376

lol

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
we beg u erdogan. if you stop being mean to our good boy mbs we'll give you gulen!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lol that owns

HorrificExistence
Jun 25, 2017

by Athanatos
what was that israeli ad where two ladies gently caress a man so he shitposts zionist stuff?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 21 days!)

HorrificExistence posted:

what was that israeli ad where two ladies gently caress a man so he shitposts zionist stuff?

I keep forgetting what it's called and it's hard to look up through a google search.

But here's an ad from Act.IL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pc7l54lguxM

quote:

Act.IL is a social networking mobile app launched in June 2017 that can be used on Apple products such as iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch or on devices using Android.[1] It is used by supporters of Israel to oppose anti-Israel content such as that promoted by anti-Israeli organizations such as the boycott, divestment and sanctions movement (BDS).[2][3][4]

The organization behind Act.IL is not an agency of the Israeli government, but is staffed by former intelligence officers and has a collegial relationship with the Israeli Intelligence Community. It has a close relationship with Israel's Ministry of Strategic Affairs which combats BDS and other strategic threats.[5][6] Act.IL is a joint project of the private Israeli university IDC Herzliya and the U.S.-based Israeli-American Council. The Maccabee Task Force, one of Sheldon Adelson's foundations, is a major funder of Act.IL.[3]

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

rip

whatever happened to kashoggi, this dude's going to get it way worse

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

also, lol if they think this is the last fuckup of our favorite large adult crown prince. He's not going to stop with a failed war, a failed embargo, a kidnapped prime minister, and a chopped up journalist. His next adventure will probably result it ww3, lmao

HorrificExistence
Jun 25, 2017

by Athanatos
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/15/...t.co/iMr2VKnD0f

More info about the American crimes against humanity in Iraq.

quote:

But now, less than a year later, Special Operations Chief Gallagher, 39, is locked in the brig, facing charges that during that same deployment — his eighth — he shot indiscriminately at civilians, killed a teenage Islamic State fighter with a handmade custom blade, and then performed his re-enlistment ceremony posing with the teenager’s bloody corpse in front of an American flag.

The Navy has charged Chief Gallagher with premeditated murder, attempted murder and nearly a dozen other offenses, including obstruction of justice and bringing “discredit upon the armed forces.” If he is convicted, he could spend the rest of his life in prison.

In a two-day preliminary hearing at Naval Base San Diego that concluded Thursday, prosecutors presented accounts from several other SEALs in Chief Gallagher’s platoon describing his behavior as reckless and bloodthirsty. They said he fired into civilian crowds, gunned down a girl walking along a riverbank and an old man carrying a water jug, and threatened to kill fellow SEALs if they reported his actions.

Navy investigators said that one SEAL medic was kneeling over the fighter’s head, treating him, when Chief Gallagher walked up and, without saying a word, took out a handmade knife and stabbed the teenager several times in the neck and side.

Members of the platoon then posed for photos with Chief Gallagher as he held the teenager’s head up by the hair with one hand, and held his knife in the other. Photos show Chief Gallagher then raising his right hand to perform a re-enlistment ceremony over the dead body, while another SEAL member holds an American flag.

The whole organization is criminal. Americans who do not constantly verbally harass veterans are just as complicit.

TheBalor
Jun 18, 2001

HorrificExistence posted:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/15/...t.co/iMr2VKnD0f

More info about the American crimes against humanity in Iraq.

The whole organization is criminal. Americans who do not constantly verbally harass veterans are just as complicit.

Yeah, I would love to hear if you're American, and what occupation you have that you won't be instantly shitcanned for harassing a veteran who comes in. Not everyone can afford to nuke their life when they see an army hat. I assume you bully every banker, cop, and priest you see, too?

TheBalor has issued a correction as of 11:12 on Nov 16, 2018

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
the u.s. military sucks as a whole but the navy seals are particularly bad.

https://twitter.com/attackerman/status/1063112567760080896

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

The Murdered Green Beret's Wife posted:

she supports the prosecutor and that her goal was to not allow the incident to cause a rift between the Special Forces and SEALs and Marine Raiders.

“While I have faith that the military court will handle this situation in the best possible way, I also understand that the mission continues,” she said. “Our men must work well together, and we need to support them in doing so.”

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

fucks sake

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Army/Navy special forces have basically been death squads going all the way back to Vietnam, with the Navy Seals being formed explicitly as a counter-insurgency unit that could wage unrestricted terror since all their operations were secret.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/theintercept/status/1063540071608066048

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i heard on the radio that the houthis are ready to talk

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

paul_soccer10 posted:

i heard on the radio that the houthis are ready to talk

they've been ready to talk, its the kingdom and collaborationist government that isn't.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/RawStory/status/1064840354552266752

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

Willie Tomg posted:

they've been ready to talk, its the kingdom and collaborationist government that isn't.

p much this

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

quote:

Statement from President Donald J. Trump on Standing with Saudi Arabia

The world is a very dangerous place!

The country of Iran, as an example, is responsible for a bloody proxy war against Saudi Arabia in Yemen, trying to destabilize Iraq’s fragile attempt at democracy, supporting the terror group Hezbollah in Lebanon, propping up dictator Bashar Assad in Syria (who has killed millions of his own citizens), and much more. Likewise, the Iranians have killed many Americans and other innocent people throughout the Middle East. Iran states openly, and with great force, “Death to America!” and “Death to Israel!” Iran is considered “the world’s leading sponsor of terror.”

On the other hand, Saudi Arabia would gladly withdraw from Yemen if the Iranians would agree to leave. They would immediately provide desperately needed humanitarian assistance. Additionally, Saudi Arabia has agreed to spend billions of dollars in leading the fight against Radical Islamic Terrorism.

After my heavily negotiated trip to Saudi Arabia last year, the Kingdom agreed to spend and invest $450 billion in the United States. This is a record amount of money. It will create hundreds of thousands of jobs, tremendous economic development, and much additional wealth for the United States. Of the $450 billion, $110 billion will be spent on the purchase of military equipment from Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Raytheon and many other great U.S. defense contractors. If we foolishly cancel these contracts, Russia and China would be the enormous beneficiaries – and very happy to acquire all of this newfound business. It would be a wonderful gift to them directly from the United States!

The crime against Jamal Khashoggi was a terrible one, and one that our country does not condone. Indeed, we have taken strong action against those already known to have participated in the murder. After great independent research, we now know many details of this horrible crime. We have already sanctioned 17 Saudis known to have been involved in the murder of Mr. Khashoggi, and the disposal of his body.

Representatives of Saudi Arabia say that Jamal Khashoggi was an “enemy of the state” and a member of the Muslim Brotherhood, but my decision is in no way based on that – this is an unacceptable and horrible crime. King Salman and Crown Prince Mohammad bin Salman vigorously deny any knowledge of the planning or execution of the murder of Mr. Khashoggi. Our intelligence agencies continue to assess all information, but it could very well be that the Crown Prince had knowledge of this tragic event – maybe he did and maybe he didn’t!

That being said, we may never know all of the facts surrounding the murder of Mr. Jamal Khashoggi. In any case, our relationship is with the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. They have been a great ally in our very important fight against Iran. The United States intends to remain a steadfast partner of Saudi Arabia to ensure the interests of our country, Israel and all other partners in the region. It is our paramount goal to fully eliminate the threat of terrorism throughout the world!

I understand there are members of Congress who, for political or other reasons, would like to go in a different direction – and they are free to do so. I will consider whatever ideas are presented to me, but only if they are consistent with the absolute security and safety of America. After the United States, Saudi Arabia is the largest oil producing nation in the world. They have worked closely with us and have been very responsive to my requests to keeping oil prices at reasonable levels – so important for the world. As President of the United States I intend to ensure that, in a very dangerous world, America is pursuing its national interests and vigorously contesting countries that wish to do us harm. Very simply it is called America First!

THS
Sep 15, 2017

all my favorite diplomatic statements have most of the paragraphs ending with !

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

somehow still the worst thing said by a diseased and perverted mind. when they mentioned this on NPR they only talked about the partnership with Saudi Arabia and nothing about the delusional Iran scaremongering.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

at the very least it's refreshingly honest

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/CrispinBurke/status/1064945652520624130 rules

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
What is that statement... The worst part is the core message - we've been bribed so deal with it. Realpolitik for morons.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
mbs is trump's best friend the rest of you are just jealous

qkkl
Jul 1, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
lol just straight up admitting that the US is part of KSA's patronage system.

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
He sat down and wrote that lol

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Actually no he dictated it lol

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

The CIA is revving up their engines by claiming that MBS ordered Khashoggi killed, and now basically everyone in the government besides the White House is saying we need to "act more forcefully" against Saudi Arabia. Do you think they're going to try to do a regime change there to replace Muhammad bin Salman with someone less stupid

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
it's our goal to eliminate the threat of terror around the world by doing almost all of it ourselves

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Algund Eenboom posted:

The CIA is revving up their engines by claiming that MBS ordered Khashoggi killed, and now basically everyone in the government besides the White House is saying we need to "act more forcefully" against Saudi Arabia. Do you think they're going to try to do a regime change there to replace Muhammad bin Salman with someone less stupid

no

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Algund Eenboom posted:

It's actually an interesting question of just what the United States can do to punish Saudi Arabia in a meaningful way. Obviously the first thing to do is to stop selling them weapons and giving them military training & support, but none of the people calling for serious action actually want to do that.

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

There's no need for bin Salman to be the specific crown prince if another creep monarch is perfectly willing to sell off Saudi Aramco and ally with Israel against Iran. I feel like eventually he'll be "ousted" in one way or another, to teach their government and others a lesson. Or maybe this whole thing is just some weird slapfight between two parts of the executive branch and it'll amount to nothing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

yemen war is unwinnable and costing saudi's billions and oil is cratering in what is probably going to be the run-up to another global recession

hahahaha