Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Synthbuttrange posted:

Yeah some stuff you build in Fortuna needs Plains materials. Fortunately its mostly metals which are easy to come by.
I don't have the rep level to get whatever blueprints these are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuantumButler
Feb 23, 2008
Hey guys. So ages and ages ago I was in clan Goon, but got purged for inactivity when I took a year long break from Warframe, came back sometime before Tennocon this year and joined a pub guild, which isn't very active and I'd like to join one that has people who actually play the game. So I've submitted an application to the main clan which hopefully isn't totally full up at the moment.

I'm pretty active these days in game so I hope to join you guys in slaughtering our way through the origin system soon.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
i regret to inform everyone that the butterfly wings syndana combined with the titania idle animation set makes it extremely loving hard to see anything while playing a carpet-master oberon

not that its your job to see anything but hey, fair warning

Ashye
Jul 29, 2013

paranoid randroid posted:

i regret to inform everyone that the butterfly wings syndana combined with the titania idle animation set makes it extremely loving hard to see anything while playing a carpet-master oberon

Can you see how fabulous you look? Mission Accomplished!

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice
I have a love/hate relationship with voltspeed.

I like it on titania, cuz I don't need to proc the razorwing augmod to go ludicrous speed. Also usually faster than the volts, and its fun to watch them get all pissy about not getting to extraction first.

I hate it, because if they do pop it, when I'm at max razorwing stacks, movement becomes something akin to just teleporting into whatever wall I happened to be pointed at when my finger brushed against my W key.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Ashye posted:

Can you see how fabulous you look? Mission Accomplished!

hell practically all i can see is how loving straight up stylin' i am

just gotta hit 2 and 3 when the number run out in the upper right and im doing my part

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
the only problem with playing a support Oberon is communicating to your team that they should let the mobs shoot you for an extended period of time

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

paranoid randroid posted:

Say no more, I'm sold and will add this to my to do list asap

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
brb siccing my fukkin' valkyr on the taxmen

e. oh my thats a big loving spider

paranoid randroid fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Nov 21, 2018

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
I've now acquired rhino, the manliest frame just doing buff manly things, and taken into account all expert suggestions from long time goon players

easiest 50 plat i've spent so far

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Nov 21, 2018

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

RoadCrewWorker posted:

50 plat well spent

drat right.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

RoadCrewWorker posted:

I've now acquired rhino, the manliest frame just doing buff manly things, and taken into account all expert suggestions from long time goon players

git yoself the iron skin explosion mod and go forth and ruin everything for ever and ever

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

RoadCrewWorker posted:

good lord i never noticed how much heat that boy is packing

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

good lord i never noticed how much heat that boy is packing

Apply Limbo Agile animations set.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
ive been sort of vacillating but Oberon is probably my favorite frame

paranoid randroid fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Nov 21, 2018

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

nerdz posted:

My new favorite:

https://i.imgur.com/xMhXWiX.mp4

It also shows how a max fire rate/max reload catchmoon has a faster fire rate between reloads (0.9 reload) than a min fire rate one has between each shot (1.17 fire rate). You just never stop shooting and going blind

:magical:

I may have missed it, but what's that catchmoon build?

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
Just ran into my first Archwing "pursuit" mission and that might be my most hated mission type to solo by about 15000 miles. The target ships weakpoint glitched through rocks constantly, despite "disabling the engines" it still kept going faster than my regular movement, and the mission eventually failed because the ship flew beyond the level border, causing me a game over for "abandoning the target" as it was pushing me along.

Which is odd because i've actually really enjoyed the archwing mission types so far, for how weirdly bolted on and half baked that gamemode feels.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

RoadCrewWorker posted:

Just ran into my first Archwing "pursuit" mission and that might be my most hated mission type to solo by about 15000 miles. The target ships weakpoint glitched through rocks constantly, despite "disabling the engines" it still kept going faster than my regular movement, and the mission eventually failed because the ship flew beyond the level border, causing me a game over for "abandoning the target" as it was pushing me along.

Which is odd because i've actually really enjoyed the archwing mission types so far, for how weirdly bolted on and half baked that gamemode feels.

That single mission is one of the absolute worst, and it hardcore punishes you for not having the proper archwing guns. Fluctus or Grattler make a massive difference with it due to not really needing to line up your shots from infinite punchthrough, or aoe explosions.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Ho hum another melee riven. Lets see what we've got.

Huh.

Oh.

OH.

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

Synthbuttrange posted:

Huh.

Oh.

OH.

Good lord

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Hobold posted:

That single mission is one of the absolute worst, and it hardcore punishes you for not having the proper archwing guns. Fluctus or Grattler make a massive difference with it due to not really needing to line up your shots from infinite punchthrough, or aoe explosions.

Even then, its still pretty poo poo.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Synthbuttrange posted:

Huh.

Oh.

OH.

son of a bitch

Daeren
Aug 18, 2009

YER MUSTACHE IS CROOKED

Well when you get sick of being able to do two hour long survivals with just Gram Prime at least you'll be able to sell this for like four hundred dollars of platinum.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
I've been playing this game for over a week, watching hours of Youtubes, reading through the thread, listening to the clan, and somehow still had absolutely no clue what was going to happen in Second Dream.

No idea how I managed to dodge spoilers for that long but I'm glad I did. I was super impressed at that storyline and all the effort that went into the surprise factor. I feel like my opinion of the whole game is elevated now. The best part is how they hid everything from me in multiplayer.

Ambaire posted:

Wow. The end of the Second Dream is such incredibly cheesy writing. Who wrote this garbage? And you can't skip the loving dialogue.. you gotta let it all play out. Thank gently caress for alt-tab and mute.

I don't give a single flying gently caress about this stupid loving story or loving Lotus. Just let me get back to shooting stuff.

I was wondering about this when I saw it a few pages ago, good to know this goon is just a miserable poo poo lol

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Just wait, War Within is even better.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)
Warframe's story is not deep or incredible and devoid of any hidden philosophical value. But it sure as gently caress not generic and the world is weird and strange and fun. If anything, the devs have no qualms about not playing it "safe".

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
Chains of Harrow is top tier too imo

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Oh my gosh, so many legit NinTenno newbies. It's such a change of pace playing with them. Nobody is racing to the end, they're slowly picking through the levels, smashing every crate and opening every locker, still using their Mk-1's. It feels so refreshing.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

That's loving adorable.

Warframe Switch Thread: NinTenno

Terry van Feleday
Jun 6, 2010

Free Your Mind

wid posted:

Warframe's story is not deep or incredible and devoid of any hidden philosophical value.
I actually completely disagree with this. I legitimately and earnestly love the story of Warframe and how it genuinely explores themes of trauma & mental illness, escapist power fantasy, difficult family dynamics etc. It personally spoke to me more than any other video game story has and I am not in the least bit ashamed to admit that Chains of Harrow honest to god made me cry. You're just playing this goofy space ninja looter game and 100 hours in it just completely blindsides you with all this Heavy poo poo and it's so good

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Flytrap posted:

Oh my gosh, so many legit NinTenno newbies. It's such a change of pace playing with them. Nobody is racing to the end, they're slowly picking through the levels, smashing every crate and opening every locker, still using their Mk-1's. It feels so refreshing.

It's been cool watching the global chat run fairly slowly and seeing the clear older players who know exactly what they're doing answering all the newbie questions. Also the rush of people suddenly discovering new weapons, like I saw someone this morning losing their poo poo over the Boltor.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

njsykora posted:

I saw someone this morning losing their poo poo over the Boltor.
Boltor and Bows are pretty fantastic as someone who's been pining for a good ragdoll gun since FEARs "10mm HV Penetrator" stakegun.

Just wait until they discover what the arrows do to enemies (or rather, their immediate ragdolls) on the large freeroam open world areas. First time i notice i basically spent an hour just doing that.

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Nov 21, 2018

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I'm still losing my poo poo over Prisma Twin Gremlins, which are basically double Boltors.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Jack Trades posted:

I'm still losing my poo poo over Prisma Twin Gremlins, which are basically double Boltors.

I got an akbolto riven and decided it was the universe reminding me I don't pin mooks to the wall often enough

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

What beautiful animation set is this?

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Wukong Agile pretty sure. Monkey monkey monkey.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

What beautiful animation set is this?

Based on the fact that I've never seen it before I guess it's Wukong?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yup, Wukong agile! Its a pretty great set. If you're idling with secondaries it does that. If you're idling with spears you play and even climb up it.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Only Wukong I've ever seen was a spectre at the Index.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I have a frightening number of hours in the game so far, and I have to say my favorite primary is still the Boltor, and I've played around with lots of other top weapons. It just has a great feel to it.

Early game I had the Boltor, for most of the midgame I got Boltor Prime from the Rhino pack, and now I've got a blinged out Telos Boltor stuffed full of Forma with a sweet Day of the Dead skin that makes it look super classy with golden skulls and accents. I know other guns are technically better but I just love boltors. I've been trying Tiberon Prime lately and just can't get into it. Supra Vandal was incredible and the entropy proc is way more useful, but it just doesn't match the feel of the boltor.

I've got an Akbolto Prime, I should probably look into finding a riven for it so I can just be bolting all the time. Secondary options are ridiculous though and its tough to justify them with all the other crazy poo poo there is.