Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

New warframe expansion gives you a bttf style hoverboard, and you can get points for doing tricks on it which convert to reputation for one of the factions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

TheMostFrench posted:

New warframe expansion gives you a bttf style hoverboard, and you can get points for doing tricks on it which convert to reputation for one of the factions.

So you're literally grinding reputation? :downsrim:

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TheMostFrench posted:

I haven't played it beyond the new quest that introduces everything, but the whole Fortuna area is absolutely fantastic.

Also, IIRC, the hoverboard works in the Plains of Eidolon too.

Wanted By Weed
Aug 14, 2005

Toilet Rascal
While I had to get used to the jarring change in Pokemon wild encounters, Pokemon Let's Go has been full of wonderful little surprises. As inconsqeuential as it may be, I particularly enjoy how when a Pokemon follows you around, some of them are happy to walk behind you, others will run ahead of you as if they're excited or in a hurry.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I like that wild ratattas will slowly pursue you out of tall grass because they're little poo poo rats who are desperate to bite your rear end and defend their territory. It's cool to see the pokemon in tall grass just wandering around doing their thing.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

CJacobs posted:

I like that wild ratattas will slowly pursue you out of tall grass because they're little poo poo rats who are desperate to bite your rear end and defend their territory. It's cool to see the pokemon in tall grass just wandering around doing their thing.

That is not realistic rat behaviour!! I'm getting a refund

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
It is realistic rat behavior if they have rabies! Which all ratattas do.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Fire Emblem: Fates is a real mess of a game as far as character and story goes but it does have about a dozen cool characters in it (IMO) and some good lines. Here's a new one that I really like because I'm still not prepared for how hardcore she is 100% of the time.

*Talking a character in the base for renewable resources*

Reina: 'Rocks and necks are one and the same to me. They're both simple to slice through.'

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Pokemon Let’s Go: I was wandering around and took my Nidoran into the museum and got really confused when it stopped and started rooting around one of the displays, because it wouldn’t give me items like that normally means.

It took me far to long to realize the display was of a Moon Stone, aka how it eventually evolves into Nidoking, and that’s why it was so fascinated by it.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!

Wanted By Weed posted:

While I had to get used to the jarring change in Pokemon wild encounters, Pokemon Let's Go has been full of wonderful little surprises. As inconsqeuential as it may be, I particularly enjoy how when a Pokemon follows you around, some of them are happy to walk behind you, others will run ahead of you as if they're excited or in a hurry.

I don't have the game but I watched all 9 minutes of this:

https://youtu.be/zRZULDkQyXk

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

jojoinnit posted:

I love those games but never actually have the patience to play them properly but drat do I want to do that for hours
There's less of a "proper" way to play them than you think. Sure, if you want to max out your score and do Suit Only Silent Assassin you have to plan a lot, but you can also just play it by improvising your way through levels and barely scraping by.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

FactsAreUseless posted:

There's less of a "proper" way to play them than you think. Sure, if you want to max out your score and do Suit Only Silent Assassin you have to plan a lot, but you can also just play it by improvising your way through levels and barely scraping by.

That sounds kinda like Heat Signature. Which is a game where you can play carefully and deliberately and pick off your opponents one by one...or you can just dive in and get into a glorious mess and maybe make it out alive. The trailer I watched specifically described it as a game about getting into and then out of trouble.

My favorite little thing about Heat Signature is that item cooldowns are on a per-item basis, but changing equipped items is a free action and you can pause the game at any time. So you can just stuff five wrenches into your inventory, walk up to a bunch of goons, and hit each of them with a different wrench in under a second of realtime, before they have a chance to react.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

That sounds kinda like Heat Signature. Which is a game where you can play carefully and deliberately and pick off your opponents one by one...or you can just dive in and get into a glorious mess and maybe make it out alive. The trailer I watched specifically described it as a game about getting into and then out of trouble.
Yeah, but like at a way more detailed and elaborate level.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

My favorite little thing about Heat Signature is that item cooldowns are on a per-item basis, but changing equipped items is a free action and you can pause the game at any time. So you can just stuff five wrenches into your inventory, walk up to a bunch of goons, and hit each of them with a different wrench in under a second of realtime, before they have a chance to react.

Heat Signature was a blast until I figured out the item juggling, it's cool for a bit but it really trivializes the game.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Heat Signature is a lot of fun but despite all the clever systems and thought out design it ended up feeling a bit... shallow? I dunno. I wasn't disappointed in it exactly and it is a great game but I didn't love it as much as I expected to. Maybe I was too hyped for it

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I've been playing and really enjoying For the Frog the Bell Tolls on the gameboy via a fan translation. It's got a very charming plot and some inventive animal transformations, with interesting platforming/navigation puzzles.

Also the witch owns. I'm currently onto the part where I need to get Wasabi for the scientist.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

I got that for my 3DS ages ago and never played it. Sounds like I should bump it to the top of my list!

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Heat Signature is a lot of fun but despite all the clever systems and thought out design it ended up feeling a bit... shallow? I dunno. I wasn't disappointed in it exactly and it is a great game but I didn't love it as much as I expected to. Maybe I was too hyped for it

They recently added a whole bunch of new stuff back in October, which could change things up for you. Also, if you set your game to space Halloween (Oct28-Nov 1) you can now be a skeleton, or a ghost, or a skeleghost.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

BioEnchanted posted:

I've been playing and really enjoying For the Frog the Bell Tolls on the gameboy via a fan translation. It's got a very charming plot and some inventive animal transformations, with interesting platforming/navigation puzzles.

Also the witch owns. I'm currently onto the part where I need to get Wasabi for the scientist.

Now you're just making up ridiculous games to test our credulity :colbert:

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Necrothatcher posted:

It's real, and its engine was re-used to make Link's Awakening, and is where the Prince Richard character comes from.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

AMISH FRIED PIES posted:

It's real, and its engine was re-used to make Link's Awakening, and is where the Prince Richard character comes from.

The main character is an assist trophy in Smash 4 and the upcoming Smash Ultimate!

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Necrothatcher posted:

They've been doing that from the start, then the universe spontaneously generates the game.

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

Browsing through the 3DS sales I found out there's a sequel series to the DS game Air Traffic Chaos, with amusing title "I am an air traffic controller Airport Hero".

They moved to be slightly more sim and only have one airport per game, but add a lot of features. The more realistic approach lanes and airport scale mean more waiting but it adds a lot. The best upgrade is getting a choice of taxiing routes to and from the runway and being able to tell a plane to stop moving if you got the timing wrong. It seems you also aren't penalized for go-arounds.

The Osaka one has a story mode that throws a lot of weird situations at you, culminating in a mission where a lightning strike disables your radar and external camera views, leaving just the tower view and ground map view.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Byzantine posted:

They've been doing that from the start, then the universe spontaneously generates the game.

I'm basically an SCP entry.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

BioEnchanted posted:

With the twist of being actually interesting to read about.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

BioEnchanted posted:

Object Class: Safe

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

But back on topic, it does that Mystic Quest thing of as long as you explore everything and get all the powerups, you can pretty much be at the right power level to get through the game. However there are exceptions, like the Mammoth, who requires actual interaction in the fight with an item I haven't got yet. Being a GameBoy game some of the things to do aren't immediately obvious (to me).

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Grognan posted:

Object Class: Safe

Actually it'd be Euclid, because it's altering reality in subtle uncontrollable ways despite being contained :goonsay:. Even if it's only spontaneously causing old videogames to exist.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

I think you'll appreciate just how bizarre the final boss is in For the Frog the Bell Tolls:

You arrive in the evil snake's (who is the main villain behind everything) chambers with the Snake Killer sword to kill it before it eats all your friends (who have been turned into frogs) only to find a normal snake. it doesn't even fight back, and as you hit it the main character starts to feel kind of guilty about it, so at the final blow you get to choose whether to kill him or spare him. Whichever you choose, the snake then retorts "That sword has no real power..." and turns into a bigger, meaner snake that you can't hurt anymore, the sword just bounces off.

Then you use a special flute given to you earlier that summons a mech piloted by it's inventor, who starts beating up the snake, then restores your health and stuns the snake with a song that causes it to lose control of it's body. You attack the snake, but then the song goes wrong, becomes unstoppable and heals the snake too, meaning that the battle will go on forever with both parties being healed, if it isn't stopped.

Then your brother shows up with his army, still frogs because the Spring Bell that will restore them hasn't rung yet, kicks the mech out of the way, and attacks the snake head on, each of them getting eaten immediately. Then just as your brother goes to do the same, the bell rings and he is able to fight properly, but the snake starts writhing, because all the frogs have turned back and are now attacking it from the inside as human soldiers.

Then the snake spits out the soldiers, becomes enraged and develops a forcefield, forcing you to retreat - then the witch enchants the Snake Killer and does something to break the barrier, so you can attack it through the hole. Then the snake is finally vanquished.

I may have missed a couple of things, but that ACTUALLY HAPPENS I am not making that up.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
This is another F*R*I*E*N*D*S True Friends isn't it?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

BioEnchanted posted:

that ACTUALLY HAPPENS I am not making that up.

I believe you, but I'm having to force myself into some cognitive dissonance to do so.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

I'd have recorded it for proof, but my savestate is before the final phase so I'd have to replay the whole game to get the whole fight.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
I found a video in Japanese, so I reassure you all, this is real.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vm7TS6WivU8

And as I said, the protagonist is an assist trophy in Smash Bros!

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

Queen Combat posted:

This is another F*R*I*E*N*D*S True Friends isn't it?

BioEnchanted would never lie to us, he just likes playing wicked old and obscure games and reports back his findings

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

BioEnchanted posted:

I think you'll appreciate just how bizarre the final boss is in For the Frog the Bell Tolls:

You arrive in the evil snake's (who is the main villain behind everything) chambers with the Snake Killer sword to kill it before it eats all your friends (who have been turned into frogs) only to find a normal snake. it doesn't even fight back, and as you hit it the main character starts to feel kind of guilty about it, so at the final blow you get to choose whether to kill him or spare him. Whichever you choose, the snake then retorts "That sword has no real power..." and turns into a bigger, meaner snake that you can't hurt anymore, the sword just bounces off.

Then you use a special flute given to you earlier that summons a mech piloted by it's inventor, who starts beating up the snake, then restores your health and stuns the snake with a song that causes it to lose control of it's body. You attack the snake, but then the song goes wrong, becomes unstoppable and heals the snake too, meaning that the battle will go on forever with both parties being healed, if it isn't stopped.

Then your brother shows up with his army, still frogs because the Spring Bell that will restore them hasn't rung yet, kicks the mech out of the way, and attacks the snake head on, each of them getting eaten immediately. Then just as your brother goes to do the same, the bell rings and he is able to fight properly, but the snake starts writhing, because all the frogs have turned back and are now attacking it from the inside as human soldiers.

Then the snake spits out the soldiers, becomes enraged and develops a forcefield, forcing you to retreat - then the witch enchants the Snake Killer and does something to break the barrier, so you can attack it through the hole. Then the snake is finally vanquished.

I may have missed a couple of things, but that ACTUALLY HAPPENS I am not making that up.
This is an old Game Boy RPG, right? I'm not surprised. There were some very ambitious and weird RPGs on the system, like the entire FF Legends series.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

mole mania was a neat gb game

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I’m so mad that spoilers are broken in the awful app because I really want to read that

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Joey Freshwater posted:

I’m so mad that spoilers are broken in the awful app because I really want to read that

iOS or Android because they word fine on my pixel

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Android, they've been busted on my samsung galaxy for a while. You can still make them readable if you drag with your finger to highlight the text.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

CJacobs posted:

Android, they've been busted on my samsung galaxy for a while. You can still make them readable if you drag with your finger to highlight the text.

Weird mine still work by just clicking on them