Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

In Training posted:

Every FF is easy except maybe XIII if you don't understand how to paradigm shift, which apparently a lot of people don't

i think the first game and JP 4 are actually hard, but yes, the rest of them are easy. ff12 takes it to a different level though, the game almost literally plays itself after you set up your gambits and you just need to shuffle them a bit for boss fights, watch a boss's hit points and then play the limit break mini-game well. maybe the IZJS version is different, though, i only played the US PS2 release. and like i said, we only did like 80 percent of the hunts and there were two summons we never got.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

FFXII on PC has a hard mode and a no leveling mode...Need to get back to my run of that.

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
💙🖤💙https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5lxAsfxINI

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
the sunleth waterscape is my fav xiii tracl

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
if i had to pick 1 series that i was only allowed to play for the rest of my life it would be final fantasy .. like .. theres better series, in terms of gameplay and stuff, dragon quest, shin megami tensei etc. but none of them on their own can show you all the sights and stuff that final fantasy has throughout the yearws

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.
Is FFXV as bad as I keep hearing or is it just a bunch of whining?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Wrath of the Bitch King posted:

It's really good, actually. I don't care for the ending but most of the thread like even that. It's just a fun game where you hunt monsters and make recipes and go fishing, and sometimes explore a huge dungeon.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

It's really good.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

FFXV is great. But it's hella unfinished and super obvious about it. The stuff that's there works really well, though, and the ending still manages to land like a ton of bricks.

e: the game's biggest crime is making me wish there were more of it. like in the base game. the dlc stuff is good to great but is all launched separately and doesn't feel like actual additions to the game itself unfortunately

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Despite the problems I had with the ending, I really really enjoyed it and sunk something like 200 hours in it the month after it launched.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Also Comrades is surprisingly addictive.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

FFXV was the GOTY 2016

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

esperterra posted:

FFXV is great. But it's hella unfinished and super obvious about it. The stuff that's there works really well, though, and the ending still manages to land like a ton of bricks.

e: the game's biggest crime is making me wish there were more of it. like in the base game. the dlc stuff is good to great but is all launched separately and doesn't feel like actual additions to the game itself unfortunately

the games biggest crime is running up to a prompt to press x and pressing it and noctis does his little hop instead

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

elf help book posted:

the games biggest crime is running up to a prompt to press x and pressing it and noctis does his little hop instead

Yeah this too lmbo

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

People whining about videogames online? What?

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Ff8 was too complicated for my 12 year old mind

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

elf help book posted:

Lol. This happened almost every time I tried to pick up treasures

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

Oh god

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 206 days!

Is FF[roman numerals here] as bad as I keep hearing or is it just a bunch of whining?

No, yes.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

What's worse: Noctis' silly jump when trying to loot, or Geralt lighting and extinguishing candles constantly if they're too close to something you're trying to pick up?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

sorry

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Speaking of FF12, the Square Enix online store has the PS4 version on sale for $5 :staredog:

https://store.na.square-enix-games.com/en_US/product/448794/final-fantasy-xii-the-zodiac-age-standard-edition-ps4

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Is this a PS4 code or the physical game? If it's the latter I am almost definitely gonna grab it up.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wow never mind I'm gonna buy this, this is too good to pass up

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

esperterra posted:

Is this a PS4 code or the physical game? If it's the latter I am almost definitely gonna grab it up.

I'm pretty sure it's the physical game

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

It is physical but the lowest shipping option is like $11 lol. Still a good deal in that case.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Pablo Nergigante posted:

It is physical but the lowest shipping option is like $11 lol. Still a good deal in that case.

Yeah that's still cheap af.

e: FFX/X-2 remaster is also 5bux right now, though it's out of stock so just a waiting list. tempted to grab it as well tho lmao idc if i have to wait

esperterra fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Nov 21, 2018

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
One of FFXV’s biggest flaws was being only able to take one monster bounty at a time, and having to go back to the same specific place at daytime to turn it in, and I’m pretty sure that got fixed pretty early on.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Lumpy the Cook posted:

One of FFXV’s biggest flaws was being only able to take one monster bounty at a time, and having to go back to the same specific place at daytime to turn it in, and I’m pretty sure that got fixed pretty early on.

Yeah, I think they patched that in at some point during or after season one.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

lol I payed 60 bucks for this when it came out last year

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

elf help book posted:

this is suddenly a problem with every open world game, the amount of time i spent trying to pick up tiny things or actually grab an underwater chest in witcher 3 is insane.

devs have to make the hit boxes on stuff you can activate bigger.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Lumpy the Cook posted:

i did hate any of the bounties that you had to fight the monster in the rain, because there's no way to affect weather. there weren't too many of them, though.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

esperterra posted:

Yep that’s fixed now.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My friend has been playing xv for the first time recently and at some point they added a feature where Lara Croft will show up in prompto's photos now

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

In Training posted:

My friend has been playing xv for the first time recently and at some point they added a feature where Lara Croft will show up in prompto's photos now

Excellent.

I liked whatsername photo bombing all the time, so that but Lara Croft is v good

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

as less and less people bought her games, lara eventually became a cryptid

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

i wish she'd become the tomb raider already. i wanna duel wield deagles and shoot dinosaurs while backflipping over tigers in the bowels of a pyramid or some poo poo

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

The ending of ff15 is the only time I have cried at a game

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

In Training posted:

Im glad they forewent finishing the dlc to spend time on the important things before they all had to commit seppuku or whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

esperterra posted:

it didnt get fixed until royal edition iirc