Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TypoDemon
Apr 12, 2004

Go ahead. Take it from me.
dont have them yet, but i got somebody gonna take stormfeather next and farm him for me, and talked to somebody about lodi

but yeah he said 10k. how is that? my buddy said 6 was possible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

TypoDemon posted:

dont have them yet, but i got somebody gonna take stormfeather next and farm him for me, and talked to somebody about lodi

but yeah he said 10k. how is that? my buddy said 6 was possible

Funny enough the 10k figure is the only one I hear about.

I need to get a that eyepatch, the dorf ring, two BoBs and the wavecrasher would be nice...

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

EVIL Gibson posted:

Also to always make sure you don't fail a FD due to you attacking, use a macro.

First line: /attack off
Second: /doability #

Last time I played, I found that macroing FD with other commands causes a slight delay before FD is executed, which didn't feel comfortable. I think the game does a roughly ~250ms pause between commands, whether you have actual /pause commands in there or not. Thus, I always used the raw FD button.

khysanth
Jun 10, 2009

Still love you, Homar

Word on the street is there is some fishy Sirken stuff going on and people are once again being permabanned for posting about it on the forums. He was helping out a guild with spawn times, and also giving items from banned accounts to other people.

TypoDemon
Apr 12, 2004

60k for mrylokar's breastplate

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013

khysanth posted:

Word on the street is there is some fishy Sirken stuff going on and people are once again being permabanned for posting about it on the forums. He was helping out a guild with spawn times, and also giving items from banned accounts to other people.

oooo. do tell :munch:

gepgepgep
May 22, 2006

khysanth posted:

Would love to see some links for posts on Reddit or elsewhere to enjoy this drama! Can't really say I'm shocked in the slightest...but I do always enjoy a good P99 drama bomb

I just rolled on https://www.legacyofnorrath.com as a monk/shaman. Classic with plans to scale to Velious, but has quality of life improvements like 2 box, bonus OOC regen, and their own version of the AoC (instanced raids) in addition to OW. Anyone else playing there?

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

gepgepgep posted:

Would love to see some links for posts on Reddit or elsewhere to enjoy this drama! Can't really say I'm shocked in the slightest...but I do always enjoy a good P99 drama bomb

I just rolled on https://www.legacyofnorrath.com as a monk/shaman. Classic with plans to scale to Velious, but has quality of life improvements like 2 box, bonus OOC regen, and their own version of the AoC (instanced raids) in addition to OW. Anyone else playing there?

There was mention of it in the Sub-Reddit, but nothing to read that i could see. I want to see the screenshots and messages

insider
Feb 22, 2007

A secret room... always my favourite room in a house.
When there is constantly so much drama around a single GM he just needs to be removed. I mean its ridiculous at this point.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

:munch:

Jean Eric Burn
Nov 10, 2007

Probably hard to find a replacement for a job that mostly involves being forced to interact with detoxx for many hours per week.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

^ Honestly surprised you went with Detoxx and not Bellringer on that one

insider posted:

When there is constantly so much drama around a single GM he just needs to be removed. I mean its ridiculous at this point.

I think supposedly he's not in charge of raid stuff anymore? But I don't see any official announcements about it.

Anarch
Feb 22, 2011

In the midnight hour...
Detoxx (and by extension the AM officer RMT crew) are/were more toxic.

The main issue with Bellringer is that he's Sirken's friend, and Tempest hasn't gotten in trouble for any raid infractions. :thunk:

Anarch fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Nov 23, 2018

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

i thought sirken basically delegated his lead gm duties to braknar ages ago

Jean Eric Burn
Nov 10, 2007

Sirken has been blocked from making any AM/Tempest decisions for at least a year now.

I think he can decide stuff for other guilds that haven't emotionally compromised him by stealing his electronic girlfriends.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007
https://www.reddit.com/r/project1999/comments/a09532/sirken_corruption/?st=JOX3DOEU&sh=63e554d2

Here’s the reddit link that includes the screenshots and stuff in regards to Sirken, if it hasn’t been posted yet. I hadn’t seen it before today.

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames
20 years and people are still catfishing for pixels lol

Goast fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Nov 25, 2018

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

yikes

insider
Feb 22, 2007

Dude is completely corrupt and needs to be banned permanently from the game.

Edit: They are permanently banning accounts for anyone who mentions the reddit thread on the offical forums.

insider fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Nov 25, 2018

Anarch
Feb 22, 2011

In the midnight hour...

insider posted:

Dude is completely corrupt and needs to be banned permanently from the game.

Edit: They are permanently banning accounts for anyone who mentions the reddit thread on the offical forums.

The good ol' "staff bashing" ban.

retpocileh
Oct 15, 2003
Looks like Sirken is no longer a GM - https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=311487

insider
Feb 22, 2007

Holy poo poo it finally happened.

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013

insider posted:

Holy poo poo it finally happened.

i wonder if his internet gf dumps him for lack of manastones.

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

:stonk:

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

I spy, with my little eye, a saucy little link in that signature

:shehuck:
:wmwink:

smiling giraffe
Nov 12, 2015
"You're going to take this for me. I had it made in the likeness of Rogean. I'm sure you'll
enjoy that fact in some way." Nexii stated. She grabbed Sirken around the waist and
then shoved the whole length in one powerful thrust to start.
"Hnnn! You can't do this! I'm the server admin!" Sirken protested as his dark rear end in a top hat
was reamed, over and over."

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

:eyepop:

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Incredible they're able to recreate the forum experience of 1999 as well

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
Rog was a shithead from the start. I don't expect anyone that answers to him to be any better.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
ONCE YOU POP THE FUN DONT STOP

gepgepgep posted:

I was, might still yet. Got a 36 druid/mage. I started messing around on p2002 instead.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
I wish more people played Shards of Dalaya. They made some neat QOL changes to the crappier classes, but you basically have to box to get anything done since so few people play. :rip:

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
ONCE YOU POP THE FUN DONT STOP

Dick Burglar posted:

I wish more people played Shards of Dalaya. They made some neat QOL changes to the crappier classes, but you basically have to box to get anything done since so few people play. :rip:

I really enjoyed SoD, but that end game grind is astronomical.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

PriNGLeS posted:

I really enjoyed SoD, but that end game grind is astronomical.

Yeah this, ran with goons and some good pubs for a long while, hit t12/t13 content but we were at the wall of "People need to dedicate their life to this for us to progress" and yeah that was that. It's super fun until the point where everyone needs to farm 512k-1million plat and 100000 books.

TypoDemon
Apr 12, 2004

anybody got a lodi shield they wanna sell

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

I have no interest in playing on servers that allow boxing, sorry goons :|

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

TypoDemon posted:

anybody got a lodi shield they wanna sell

Lol I think you're hitting diminishing returns by constantly looking for trade offers in a thread with 5 active players mate

TypoDemon
Apr 12, 2004

gotta try right?

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

dromal phrenia posted:

I have no interest in playing on servers that allow boxing, sorry goons :|

Yeah I know, that's my biggest beef with SoD (and others). Boxing is gross, but so is playing a healbot cleric full-time so :shrug:

Sketched
Oct 26, 2005
One option is to check out https://www.takproject.net/ It does allow for 3 boxing but you are more than welcome to box one, the community is great. The server is the real deal, not a "dad" server. Luclin just released, and the server is doing well. No corruption or poopsocking like P99!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
What is a "dad" server