Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Queen Combat posted:

Nah that's a legal loophole AR-15 pistol that allows stocks less than 16 inches.

Yay this godforsaken country.

I mean, pistol is a bit of a stretch since the magazine isn’t in the grip, but ATF nomenclature has always been weird.

I can’t find an image of anyone holding one with one hand on GIS because that would be highly impractical.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
Here is forum and internet superstar Micromancer firing one in his left hand and a rifle version in his right.

https://youtu.be/kEvwTqAeGgE

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
That's g-string gun goon, isn't it?

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Dillbag posted:

That's g-string gun goon, isn't it?

the very same

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://i.imgur.com/UscIcKN.mp4

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puETr9PJy4M

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

You're supposed to attach the two wheels together with snatch straps.

But that's no drat fun!

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Memento posted:

Wasn't this where someone was asking on 4chan how to get (probably cum)stains out of their fursuit, and got an answer that they should mix bleach and ammonium and dab it on? Someone must remember what I'm talking about, phone posting so I can't easily search for it.

iirc a janitor for the hotel accidentally spilled a big bucket of strong cleaning solution in a stairwell.

Knee
Jul 19, 2006

I'm telling you, it's true. People grow from spores.
Angry Man Stuck in Snow
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuTXUcoGdhw

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

Platystemon posted:

I mean, pistol is a bit of a stretch since the magazine isn’t in the grip, but ATF nomenclature has always been weird.

I can’t find an image of anyone holding one with one hand on GIS because that would be highly impractical.

American gun culture is just a whole bunch of rules lawyers finding loopholes in everything. It's almost admirable how creative they are.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Platystemon posted:

These are pistols also. (lol)
I got one that I put a krinkov muzzle break like you can see on the top left and a buddy of mine has a Romanian made one similar to the one on the bottom right.

Piss-Tolls.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
e: On reflection, I will not continue the derail.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes

Proclick. This dude is really pissed off and can't figure out how to drive out of a snow bank without balding his tires.

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset

Randaconda posted:

Former Wal-Mart employee checking in: That works way more often than you would think.

One of my friends walked out with a full cart of groceries. We were high af and I was begging her not to but she did it and nobody gave a gently caress.

Knee
Jul 19, 2006

I'm telling you, it's true. People grow from spores.

nexus6 posted:

Proclick. This dude is really pissed off and can't figure out how to drive out of a snow bank without balding his tires.

Do note how he drops his phone at about 1:30 only to then run over it a few times. Later he seems to be looking through his vehicle for it.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes
I did not notice that, that is incredible

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Somfin posted:

Not all morals need to generalise. People are generally good. Billionaires are universally the exception.

gently caress billionaires, anything bad that happens to them is a positive, and the sole exception to that is another billionaire taking their money, which is neutral. Whatever sticks, sticks. Drag them from their yachts and mansions and kill them in the streets.

Dont want that to apply to you? Getting close to the big b? Drop a cool couple hundred million on some legit charitable causes or sponsor some massively expensive public works projects. Make yourself a benefactor of humanity. Put your resources in the collective.

If Musky is getting crab bucketed it's because he decided to play in the bucket that only exists because people like him let it continue to exist.

:yeah:

A functional society doesn't have loving billionaires.

Gravity, my man. For once it is on your side, use it!

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Ahahaha and he's riding the rear end of the car in front of them. Get hosed.

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

i wonder which boeing executive "smoked weed"

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!

Renegret posted:

Ahahaha and he's riding the rear end of the car in front of them. Get hosed.

I know its technically just because its sensor isn't picking anything up anymore, but I adore how the OVERHEIGHT MUST TURN sign stops blinking as the truck hits as if to say "Well, I tried."

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Memento posted:

Wasn't this where someone was asking on 4chan how to get (probably cum)stains out of their fursuit, and got an answer that they should mix bleach and ammonium and dab it on? Someone must remember what I'm talking about, phone posting so I can't easily search for it.

I think I remember it, but this was an actual attempted chlorine gas attack on a furry convention. The case still hasn't been solved.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I think that happened in Chicago right? I remember hearing about it.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Solice Kirsk posted:

I think that happened in Chicago right? I remember hearing about it.

The night Chicago died
My Mom saw my fursuit and cried

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

i thought this was what was being talked about :

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Queen Combat posted:

Nah that's a legal loophole AR-15 pistol that allows stocks less than 16 inches.

Yay this godforsaken country.

Barrels, not stocks. If a weapon is made without a stock by the factory, it's legally a pistol. Placing a stock on it would make it a short-barreled rifle and thus require a $200 tax stamp, federal registration, fingerprinting, approval from local law enforcement, and a ton of red tape.

AR-15 and AK pistols are actually harder to legally purchase than legal rifles (in basically all of America, buying rifles and shotguns is easier than buying handguns; in Florida you need to be 21 rather than 18 and there's a 3-day waiting period unless you have a concealed carry license) and are more difficult to use than normal handguns or normal rifles because they're very heavy and bulky with no way to easily aim without a stock. They're appealing to people who want a fun toy but are otherwise pretty useless.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

My city is trying to get in on the 11 foot 8 fun with our own, even lower, bridge: https://10foot6.in/

Most recent victim-
https://twitter.com/kylelady/status/903266294245490688

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

chitoryu12 posted:

Barrels, not stocks. If a weapon is made without a stock by the factory, it's legally a pistol. Placing a stock on it would make it a short-barreled rifle and thus require a $200 tax stamp, federal registration, fingerprinting, approval from local law enforcement, and a ton of red tape.

AR-15 and AK pistols are actually harder to legally purchase than legal rifles (in basically all of America, buying rifles and shotguns is easier than buying handguns; in Florida you need to be 21 rather than 18 and there's a 3-day waiting period unless you have a concealed carry license) and are more difficult to use than normal handguns or normal rifles because they're very heavy and bulky with no way to easily aim without a stock. They're appealing to people who want a fun toy but are otherwise pretty useless.

Wasn't that $200 tax decided back in like 1934 when the NFA was signed as a ridiculously expensive tax to try and keep people from having them?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Solice Kirsk posted:

Wasn't that $200 tax decided back in like 1934 when the NFA was signed as a ridiculously expensive tax to try and keep people from having them?

Not sure the history of the tax stamps, but the OG tommy gun was ridiculously expensive. Mobsters were the only people who could afford them, even the cops couldn't get full auto weapons mostly.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Solice Kirsk posted:

Yes, though in this case "people" meant "regular citizens". It was still viable for wealthy private companies to arm their own men with them, which was exactly what the intention was: ensure that the upper classes could be better armed than the lower classes.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

d'awwwdenfreude:

http://digg.com/video/stuck-to-track?utm_source=digg&utm_medium=email&jwsource=cl

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
holy poo poo digg is still around?

e: isn't the digg dude the guy who threw that raccoon down the stairs?

double e: lol it is

Dave Grool has a new favorite as of 16:44 on Nov 21, 2018

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

chitoryu12 posted:

Yes, though in this case "people" meant "regular citizens". It was still viable for wealthy private companies to arm their own men with them, which was exactly what the intention was: ensure that the upper classes could be better armed than the lower classes.

I like guns, but maybe they were onto something. Guns, much like healthcare, should be reserved for men of worth and prestige.

King of Foolians
Mar 16, 2006
Long live the King!

Solice Kirsk posted:

Yes, the ridiculously expensive tax to try to keep poor, minority people from having them.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Dave Grool posted:

holy poo poo digg is still around?

Who knows - Symantec wouldn't let me through.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

This is a few weeks old, but it's good. I promise.

Back in September, a town in the area that I grew up in decided that the best thing to do with Town Council time was to pass a non-binding resolution saying they would no longer buy any Nike merch for schools and such because of Kaepernick and his "disrespect of the police".

The resolution passed 3-2, and it did not go over well...

http://www.providencejournal.com/news/20180918/north-smithfield-town-council-oks-resolution-seeking-nike-ban--poll

Bonus, one of the council members started going on an "all lives matter" rant.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hwa866hXb3A

The Schadenfreude is that the Town Council president, who was behind the whole idea, lost his reelection bid. He came in last place out of six candidates. :laugh:
http://www.valleybreeze.com/2018-11-07/woonsocket-north-smithfield/beauregard-loses-north-smithfield-town-council-seat-0

In case you're wondering, he still doesn't quite get why he's wrong.
http://www.valleybreeze.com/2018-11-14/woonsocket-north-smithfield/beauregard-apologizes-nike-ban-ruckus

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

chitoryu12 posted:

My fav part of this loophole is that the buffer tube on ar pistols is basically a de facto shoulder stock, but because it's a part of the firing mechanism it doesn't count:911:

Our gun laws are beyond stupid.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Ah, the bridge that inspired me to make this for the Safety Sign thread in GBS:

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

amazing how prescient this mf doom song is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9hwx-yn6-k

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day