Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Samuel Clemens posted:

I'm looking for a film I saw in religious class in I believe 2003. A bunch of teenagers/young adults from troubled backgrounds are forced to take a sailing trip where they learn about the values of friendship and duty and so on. Towards the end, one of the characters dies in a storm, whereupon the ship's captain has to stand trial for criminal negligence. One of the teenagers brings the ship's bell to the court and rings it at the end, causing all the teenagers to stand up in support of the captain. The only other scene I remember is that somewhere in the middle, a few of the kids spin a bottle to determine who gets to use their money to sleep with a prostitute.

I don't remember anything particularly Christian about the film. Couldn't say how old it was sadly, but I assume not that old, so either 90s or early 2000s.

Was it White Squall?
https://youtu.be/B5T7Gr5oJbM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
No need to ask, it’s definitely that.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
Oh, I never saw it.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Wow, you guys are fast. That's the one, thanks.

Funny, all these years I thought it was some obscure no-name flick, not a big production directed by Ridley loving Scott of all people. Now I'm really curious to see how well it holds up.

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP

Samuel Clemens posted:

Wow, you guys are fast. That's the one, thanks.

Funny, all these years I thought it was some obscure no-name flick, not a big production directed by Ridley loving Scott of all people. Now I'm really curious to see how well it holds up.

It's a wonderful film, probably a bit dated by now but I'd be surprised if it didn't hold up.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

The comments on that clip are certainly something (even for youtube standards) #QANON #WWG1WGA

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Gravy Jones posted:

The comments on that clip are certainly something (even for youtube standards) #QANON #WWG1WGA

:stare:

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

"...foretold a second American revolution..."?
Now I know I've never seen it.

It's always nice to hear terms like "sacred" and "God Emperor" tossed around by someone who's clearly lost their mind.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Sgt. Politeness posted:

It's always nice to hear terms like "sacred" and "God Emperor" tossed around by someone who's clearly lost their mind.

Someone clearly dropped acid and read Dune.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

And yet, somehow, White Squall of all things is the sacred prophecy.

Conspiracy Theories are the mind killer.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Good enough to be framed and hung on the wall.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
Here's one my coworker was describing to me the other day:

The movie is set at a Halloween party (or on Halloween), and the supposedly real skeleton of Count Dracula is being exhibited in its coffin. A kid removes the stake from the skeleton's ribcage, says something like "see, I told you, it isn't really Dracula" and walks away. Pan back to the coffin, and you see Dracula's flesh regenerating.

This was something he saw once as a child that really creeped him out. Assuming he didn't dream it, that would mean it's from the '70s or earlier.

Edit: Looked back at the last few posts and thought I accidentally posted this in USPOL, lol.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Rollersnake posted:

Here's one my coworker was describing to me the other day:

The movie is set at a Halloween party (or on Halloween), and the supposedly real skeleton of Count Dracula is being exhibited in its coffin. A kid removes the stake from the skeleton's ribcage, says something like "see, I told you, it isn't really Dracula" and walks away. Pan back to the coffin, and you see Dracula's flesh regenerating.

This was something he saw once as a child that really creeped him out. Assuming he didn't dream it, that would mean it's from the '70s or earlier.

Edit: Looked back at the last few posts and thought I accidentally posted this in USPOL, lol.

Sounds like House of Dracula

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
I’m looking for the name of a Hindi movie that was about two brothers who are photojournalists and find out that a big time property developer is corrupt and murdered someone.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Here's a drat weird one that has struck with me for several decades.

I was a small kid (so I imagine the movie was in the 70's). Anyways a couple guys got into a fight. One used an outboard boat motor at his head.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

I'm trying to remember the name of/find a link to a short film that I saw online 2-3 years ago. It was a sci-fi/horror where a bunch of people are strapped to a wall. They have to keep speaking, if they stop, or if they repeat themselves, they're smashed to death with a giant metal block (like a Thwomp from Mario Brothers).

It ends with one woman outlasting everyone else, but then instead of letting her go, they just bring more people in.

I've googled every variation of this I can think of, as well as going through the tag pages on sites I assumed I would've seen it on, but I'm having no luck.

Thanks.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Trevor Hale posted:

I'm trying to remember the name of/find a link to a short film that I saw online 2-3 years ago. It was a sci-fi/horror where a bunch of people are strapped to a wall. They have to keep speaking, if they stop, or if they repeat themselves, they're smashed to death with a giant metal block (like a Thwomp from Mario Brothers).

It ends with one woman outlasting everyone else, but then instead of letting her go, they just bring more people in.

I've googled every variation of this I can think of, as well as going through the tag pages on sites I assumed I would've seen it on, but I'm having no luck.

Thanks.

Holy poo poo, this sounds intense

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

Trevor Hale posted:

Thanks.

Like the sound of this grimdark reboot of Radio 4's "Just a Minute"

There was a movie split into parts or possibly a mini-series I saw in the early 90s when I was very young. It was about a English village with an occult past. All the old people are psychic and at some point in the past they summoned an evil thing.

Protagonist is a fat girl who befriends an old lady.
The girl's mother dismisses her occult tales by saying something like "You're lonely and you're fat and each makes the other worse", which was a pretty brutal own to deal your own daughter.
Old lady's mother was possessed(?) by the evil thing long ago. She describes the evil as "A monster we called sanctuary"
There's a boy who finds he is also psychic and takes things too far, starts bleeding out his ears, can't remember if he dies.
The baddie is a young woman, also psychic, who forces the old people to do her bidding. She commits suicide at the end.

I think it was aimed at kids, but it's pretty dark now I type what I remember

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Trevor Hale posted:

Thanks.

Oooo, I think I found it! It sounded really intriguing to me too, so I went hunting (ex-librarian here, I love looking up poo poo for people). Haven't finished watching it, but it definitely has people having to talk when a sign blinks TALK , or getting smushed in the face.

T is for Talk

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tC6VizgTISg

Edit: not gonna spoil anything, but ending isn't quite how you remembered it. In fact might be creepier.

JacquelineDempsey fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Dec 4, 2018

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

JacquelineDempsey posted:

Oooo, I think I found it! It sounded really intriguing to me too, so I went hunting (ex-librarian here, I love looking up poo poo for people). Haven't finished watching it, but it definitely has people having to talk when a sign blinks TALK , or getting smushed in the face.

T is for Talk

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tC6VizgTISg

Edit: not gonna spoil anything, but ending isn't quite how you remembered it. In fact might be creepier.

Hey! That’s it! Thank you so much!

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Trevor Hale posted:

Hey! That’s it! Thank you so much!

My pleasure! (Seriously, that is my pleasure. I love being able to nail something in 2 Google searches. I wish I could get paid to do that professionally.)

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

My pleasure! (Seriously, that is my pleasure. I love being able to nail something in 2 Google searches. I wish I could get paid to do that professionally.)

SEO is legit my job. That you nailed it in two is super impressive.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Trevor Hale posted:

SEO is legit my job. That you nailed it in two is super impressive.

Wel, golly, now I'm chuffed. Don't wanna derail the thread, so PM me if you're inclined: are there actual jobs I could get with this skill set? I seriously do love looking things up, and pride myself on my chops, but don't want to get into library work again.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

Wel, golly, now I'm chuffed. Don't wanna derail the thread, so PM me if you're inclined: are there actual jobs I could get with this skill set? I seriously do love looking things up, and pride myself on my chops, but don't want to get into library work again.

Most tv crime shows have someone quirky who Googles things for the agents. All you need to do is turn up that side of yourself to 11 and you can get hired in a fictional tv universe!

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

My job has an element of that, though instead of googling stuff I have to stalk people on social media. I'm proud of my ability but don't feel great about doing it.

I'm super quirky too.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

I'm remembering a crime show from 2008 or so set in London. It was super gritty and was like six hour and a half long episodes about minority life in social housing, and the first two were about a young black kid who ends up murdering someone? Also about his mother, I think? It was pretty good but also sort of overbaked and melodramatic. It wasn't Luther or anything but I vaguely recall it being on Netflix.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

I used to do something along these lines for a hospital library (sup fellow former librarian). Not so much search engines, as command line searching medical journal electronic indexes. Could actually be pretty interesting at times, and kind of freaky as they would often need evidence to justify the cost of certain life-or-death treatments, so if the article that did that existed and I didn't find it for them... whelp... sorry dude who isn't getting the treatment.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Frog Act posted:

I'm remembering a crime show from 2008 or so set in London. It was super gritty and was like six hour and a half long episodes about minority life in social housing, and the first two were about a young black kid who ends up murdering someone? Also about his mother, I think? It was pretty good but also sort of overbaked and melodramatic. It wasn't Luther or anything but I vaguely recall it being on Netflix.
Top Boy? Doesn't quite fit but does have a young boy and his mother... It's been a while but it's the first thing that came to mind.

The Macaroni
Dec 20, 2002
...it does nothing.
End of movie has a big martial arts tournament. It's an official-looking tournament, not a Mortal Kombat-type thing, and there are national teams. The Red Blooded US American team confronts a Mysterious Crafty Asian team, and one of the Asian team starts crying and tells Macho McReagan that his brother died an honorable death. Everyone starts crying and exchanging bro-hugs. Mid 90s maybe?

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice
Best of the Best? Eric Roberts probably bandaged up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0ABtRxblBY

https://youtu.be/b0ABtRxblBY

The Macaroni
Dec 20, 2002
...it does nothing.
That's it! Thanks.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

Akuma posted:

Top Boy? Doesn't quite fit but does have a young boy and his mother... It's been a while but it's the first thing that came to mind.

Top Boy is worth a watch even if this isn't what the OP wants.

UNRULY_HOUSEGUEST
Jul 19, 2006

mea culpa

Frog Act posted:

This sounds like Top Boy? It basically features the plot and characters you mention, and Netflix picked up the licence to continue making it so it would make sense that they had it on there. If your thing is more of an anthology series though, it might be something else entirely.

edit: way too late on this

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Akuma posted:

UNRULY_HOUSEGUEST posted:

This sounds like Top Boy? It basically features the plot and characters you mention, and Netflix picked up the licence to continue making it so it would make sense that they had it on there. If your thing is more of an anthology series though, it might be something else entirely.

edit: way too late on this

It was totally this, thanks dudes. Surprisingly okay for the seemingly infinite number of British crime dramas set in London social housing

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
oops wrong thread!

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 13:06 on Dec 10, 2018

Min_sora
Oct 21, 2008
Edit: Found what I was looking for.

Min_sora fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Dec 10, 2018

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Need some help. There was an episode of The Kids in the Hall where they talked about "Charlie" the carnivorous horse who ate the fingers of the children when they tried to pet him or whatever.

Anyone recall which episode it was? I think it was just a throwaway line, and not the point of the skit which is making it much harder to find. :( Thanks!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

ZenMaster posted:

Need some help. There was an episode of The Kids in the Hall where they talked about "Charlie" the carnivorous horse who ate the fingers of the children when they tried to pet him or whatever.

Anyone recall which episode it was? I think it was just a throwaway line, and not the point of the skit which is making it much harder to find. :( Thanks!

That sounds really familiar and I’ve seen every episode like 5 times but I can’t recall what sketch it’s in

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Colostomy Bag posted:

Here's a drat weird one that has struck with me for several decades.

I was a small kid (so I imagine the movie was in the 70's). Anyways a couple guys got into a fight. One used an outboard boat motor at his head.

Hey C-Bag!

Anyways, did it chop him up, was it a bloody film?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Pablo Nergigante posted:

That sounds really familiar and I’ve seen every episode like 5 times but I can’t recall what sketch it’s in

Yeah, same here, used to watch them over and over on CC as a kid, but that line stuck with me for years. I guess it wouldn't be so bad to watch them all again, just wish I knew the episode as well! :)