Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

RCarr posted:

I was offered a 2nd round pick for my Phillip Rivers ($2) in my PPR dynasty league.

25 man rosters, $250 salary cap. Salaries increase by 10% or $1 per year (whichever is higher).

My Roster:

His Roster:

I don't really want another pick next year (I already have two firsts that will cost between $18-14 depending on what number they end up being), that I will have to make cap space to use. So I'm going to counter for a player.

Is Rivers ($2) for Chris Thompson ($2) straight up a good trade? He was a PPR beast this year before he got hurt. Any other players I should target instead?

I’d take the 2nd. Thompson is worth a 3rd max

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

WaveLength posted:

Coutee and Tre'Quan are both FA in my one league (very short rosters) Do I drop any of the following for one or both of them? 0.5 ppr

Funchess
Djax
Ekeler
Jameis (backing up Deshaun Watson)

Thinking Funchess and Jameis for both.

Yes.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Alfalfa posted:

I’d take the 2nd. Thompson is worth a 3rd max

Yea but you're completely ignoring that he'd also have to clear more cap space just for that 2nd round pick. IIRC this years draft class is really weak also.

In this case Thompson is definitely worth sending off his QB3.

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Nov 21, 2018

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

VietCampo posted:

Yea but you're completely ignoring that he'd also have to clear more cap space just for that 2nd round pick. IIRC this years draft class is really weak also.

In this case Thompson is definitely worth sending off his QB3 this year.

The draft is a long way away and that 2nd is going to be way more valuable of a trade piece/asset than Chris Thompson.

This year’s draft class isn’t weak. It’s just not stock full of RB’s and QB’s like the last 3. Very WR heavy but still great value.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I'm leaning towards Chris Thompson, but I don't know. I don't think the people in my league would give up someone better than him (at that salary) for a 2nd round pick.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I'm extremely hyped to start three NFL-undrafted players this week and my kicker slot is still empty so I'm crossing my fingers for a fourth!!!

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

on the bored wop posted:

1 PPR. With the trade deadline tomorrow I'm looking at trading off what little depth I have for a WR upgrade. Specifically I'd like to package Marlon Mack + 1 WR (probably Hilton since no one is biting on Landry and Hilton has a pretty bad playoff schedule) for a better WR. I pitched this to the OBJ owner and he countered with Ingram + Hilton for OBJ. I had been planning on Ingram being my locked in flex player going into the playoffs since I don't trust Mack quite as much. Should I be mashing the accept button or am I right to be a little reluctant? I may also have a line on Mack + Hilton for Robert Woods but that's a developing situation.

QB: Carson Wentz
RB: Ezekiel Elliott
RB: Leonard Fournette
WR: Stefon Diggs
WR: T.Y. Hilton
WR/TE: Jarvis Landry
TE: Rob Gronkowski
FLEX: Mark Ingram
D/ST: Bears
K: Mason Crosby

BN: Marlon Mack
BN: Marquez Valdes-Scantling
BN: Anthony Miller
BN: Josh Reynolds
BN: Cameron Brate

Quoting for the new page since the trade deadline is an hour away. Is the upgrade from Hilton to OBJ worth the downgrade from Ingram to Mack?

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

on the bored wop posted:

Quoting for the new page since the trade deadline is an hour away. Is the upgrade from Hilton to OBJ worth the downgrade from Ingram to Mack?

I think that’s fine.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

on the bored wop posted:

I like it, but I'm also terrible at fantasy football. You're keeping a foot in the Indy offense either way, which I like going forward.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
I'm also not sure Mack is much of a downgrade to Ingram anyways.

He was putting up RB1 numbers before playing against the #2 least and #4 least points allowed to RB defenses. One of which was a blowout from the start and he split carries pretty much.

I'll take that upgrade to ODB.

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Nov 21, 2018

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

RCarr posted:

I'm leaning towards Chris Thompson, but I don't know. I don't think the people in my league would give up someone better than him (at that salary) for a 2nd round pick.

Eh, just a bit of a murky future for Thompson. Guice is talented enough to probably force his way into staying on the field for third downs more than Peterson, Perine, Kelley, etc have. Thompson has his injury issues, is owed $4 million next year in the last year of his deal and can be cut to save $3 million of that (not saying it's likely, just the team isn't on the hook for much with him and that's decent savings for an older, non primary RB). I'd probably hold the pick and see what it'll fetch later, when other owners are trying to dump salary too.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Now I have Winston and Dalton to carry me to a championship :smithicide:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Do you guys lock the rosters of teams who don't make the playoffs? In my noted very dumb league, they don't do that either and like 3 non-playoff teams added players and I'm kinda laughing because I know for sure they sniped players 2 playoff teams were going after.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Football Guys telling me to play Jackson and Winston as my QBs over Brees and Luck. Sure.........

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Alfalfa posted:

I think that’s fine.

Poque posted:

I like it, but I'm also terrible at fantasy football. You're keeping a foot in the Indy offense either way, which I like going forward.
The Cooks owner swooped in for some last-minute negotiating and I ended up with GIVE: Mack, Hilton, Brate, RECEIVE: Goff, Cooks

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

weird Asian candy posted:

Do you guys lock the rosters of teams who don't make the playoffs? In my noted very dumb league, they don't do that either and like 3 non-playoff teams added players and I'm kinda laughing because I know for sure they sniped players 2 playoff teams were going after.

I don't like that, as I like to still setup my team and try to play the spoiler and giving easier matchups against already eliminated teams can effect who makes the playoffs. I have however been in leagues where they don't lock eliminated rosters once the actual playoffs start and that is dumb.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Yea but doesn't the actual playoff roster locking start when playoffs start?

edit: wait are you the one in that dumb league where playoffs have started already?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

on the bored wop posted:

The Cooks owner swooped in for some last-minute negotiating and I ended up with GIVE: Mack, Hilton, Brate, RECEIVE: Goff, Cooks

So for your starting lineup you're upgrading Wentz to Goff and Hilton to Cooks, at the cost of bench depth? Since your flex is currently an RB this is fantastic for you.

Goff and Cooks are on bye this week though.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

dxt posted:

I don't like that, as I like to still setup my team and try to play the spoiler and giving easier matchups against already eliminated teams can effect who makes the playoffs. I have however been in leagues where they don't lock eliminated rosters once the actual playoffs start and that is dumb.

Nah. The playoffs have started so there is really no spoiling for the teams that are in. There are only now 6 teams that can now win in this league though there is a consolation bracket so I guess they are playing for pride.

VietCampo posted:

edit: wait are you the one in that dumb league where playoffs have started already?

Yes sir. This week begins the playoffs :smithicide:

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Poque posted:

So for your starting lineup you're upgrading Wentz to Goff and Hilton to Cooks, at the cost of bench depth? Since your flex is currently an RB this is fantastic for you.

Goff and Cooks are on bye this week though.

I have a cupcake matchup this week and am already in the driver's seat for the final playoff spot so I'm not too worried about the bye. I can still roll with Wentz this week plus MVS or Miller in Hilton's spot and still be okay.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I spent the remainder of my waiver bucks on Josh Reynolds. 465 of 1000

Also, screw u mitch, making me start wentz again!

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

MacheteZombie posted:

I spent the remainder of my waiver bucks on Josh Reynolds. 465 of 1000

This is a solid pickup, even over Tre'Quan imo. He has been a consistent producer when Kupp is out. He was the top waiver add for me this week, though I did pick him up in 2 leagues last week. Not sure why I didn't just go all in for all 5 but oh well.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

This is a solid pickup, even over Tre'Quan imo. He has been a consistent producer when Kupp is out. He was the top waiver add for me this week, though I did pick him up in 2 leagues last week. Not sure why I didn't just go all in for all 5 but oh well.

Yeah I didnt hesitate in submitting the claim, he looked solid. Hopefully I wont need to bid on anyone else tho!

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

on the bored wop posted:

I have a cupcake matchup this week and am already in the driver's seat for the final playoff spot so I'm not too worried about the bye. I can still roll with Wentz this week plus MVS or Miller in Hilton's spot and still be okay.

Totally escaped me that Wentz wasn't part of the trade. Yeah, this was a great deal for you!

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1065303151899799552

e:

Good news for Howard owners, imo

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Poque posted:

Totally escaped me that Wentz wasn't part of the trade. Yeah, this was a great deal for you!

Yeah, the other guy already has Brees and didn't need another QB. Spent all week trying to trade Goff for an RB to everybody but didn't get any takers.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1065312341473050624

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I ended up accepting the 2nd round pick instead of Chris Thompson. I hope this pays off!

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

RCarr posted:

I ended up accepting the 2nd round pick instead of Chris Thompson. I hope this pays off!

Great because Thompson is loving out AGAIN.

I have had D'Onta Foreman in a speculative IR slot for weeks since Lamar Miller sucked, but now it seems like if he comes back this year at all, he'll come back to committee. Is it time to just give up on this one? I only like him for his playoff schedule.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Is he catching balls point blank out of the machine? Is that A Thing they do?

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Vargo posted:

Great because Thompson is loving out AGAIN.

I have had D'Onta Foreman in a speculative IR slot for weeks since Lamar Miller sucked, but now it seems like if he comes back this year at all, he'll come back to committee. Is it time to just give up on this one? I only like him for his playoff schedule.

Drop him 5 weeks ago, it's rare for a player to come back from his type of injury and be effective, let alone a RB.

Even if he does come back, you shouldn't be risking your playoffs on him anyways.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Inspector_666 posted:

I was equally confused by this photo.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Inspector_666 posted:

Yes he is and yes it is.

A lot of guys will start deep then slowly work their way towards the jugs machine until they are on top of it. The closer you get the harder it is to catch.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
How else are you gonna build up a tolerance to getting thrown laser passes after Rodgers scrambled around for 10 seconds?

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
You don't remember when they made Chris Cooley catch them through a wall?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Here is OBJ doing the same thing.

https://giantswire.usatoday.com/2018/05/06/new-york-giants-odell-beckham-works-hands-reflexes-latest-video/

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Yes he is and yes it is.

A lot of guys will start deep then slowly work their way towards the jugs machine until they are on top of it. The closer you get the harder it is to catch.

I figured it was hard but is also seems like a great way to break a finger.

This is why I'm a bad fantasy player instead of a real sportsman though.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

They've got some time before they have to decide whether to add him to their 53-man roster, so I expect the goal right now is to test his healthiness and injury recovery. Since he's recovering from a shoulder injury it makes sense they'd be looking at like, can he react quickly and hold the ball with his arms in this specific position, or this slightly different position, how's his grip, etc. etc.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Inspector_666 posted:

I figured it was hard but is also seems like a great way to break a finger.

This is why I'm a bad fantasy player instead of a real sportsman though.

It's not as bad as it looks and I doubt they are cranking it up super high. Plus it forces you to get your hands in proper positioning and forces soft hands. Stuff like that makes me miss my younger years. Jugs machine is legit fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
With Marvin Jones and Kerryon not playing, is Bruce Ellington worth grabbing? .5 ppr

Currently my flex options are Allen Robinson or Njoku and i don't want to play Robinson if Trubinsky is out.