Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005
Someone needs to make a version of that blockchain animal breeding game but it's botany bit-tulips.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

ghosTTy posted:

Pull the trigger, now.

In this case, "pull the trigger" means put a bullet in the brain of all cryptocurrencies

Higgy
Jul 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer
lmao that this thread is still going and that ghosTTy is still continuing his alcoin trolling

prompt
Oct 28, 2007

eh?

prompt posted:

:wrong:

So everyone that bought at your suggestion just lost 40%. And in under a week.

Icey
Nov 20, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
The usd cost of a coin doesnt matter much to how useful it is.

Hoodwinker
Nov 7, 2005

an angry red owl posted:

*long wet fart noise*

Higgy
Jul 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

an angry red owl posted:

do go on

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

an angry red owl posted:

True, in that they're all useless and the usd cost doesn't accurately reflect that

Icey
Nov 20, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
It would theoretically be much better for bitcoin if it was always close to the cost of the nearest competing currency. So 1 btc = 1 usd would probably be a good thing. Obviously with it's low supply this is impossible.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

the nearest competing currency to bitcoin is the german reichsmark

QuarkJets fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Nov 21, 2018

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках
https://twitter.com/charliebilello/status/1064864525952958464

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
bullish on USD. it is clear USD is increasingly popular with past hodlers of the deprecated bit-Coin. USD has gone up hugely in just the past day against the b.t.C!! in the future it is posible with enough imagination that the US economy could run on USD ! in conclusion you should get into currency

and not that disreuputable minor shitcoin GBP nobody wants that thing

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

dr slut posted:

edit: this chart is a year old and not accurate any more....oh wait...

that's the good poo poo

Hoodwinker
Nov 7, 2005

divabot posted:

and not that disreuputable minor shitcoin GBP nobody wants that thing
:same: unironically

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
cardano article marked for death on wikipedia

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
Is Cardano the one with the soapy taste?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

an angry red owl posted:

Good point, An Angry Red Owl. Can I just call you "A A R O" for short?

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.

Squinky v2.0
Nov 16, 2006

Behind you! A three headed monkey!

College Slice

Dark Off posted:

am i too late for this?

Good news, this special sale price for IOTA has been extended and we’re seeing even deeper discounts this holiday season

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

an angry red owl posted:

Welcome back. No, we still won't tell you where to pay for kiddie stuff with crypto.

Edit: poo poo, should've read full thread. Mod beat me to it.

DrAlexanderTobacco
Jun 11, 2012

Help me find my true dharma
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=280yPTyei0U

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

incredible buy opportunity right now, opened a cdp today with my eth, only taking out 30% just in case :) :getin:

this technology is incredible, literally got a loan without using a bank and only a 0.5% interest rate O_O

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

everyone knows about the post-thanksgiving crypto bump as people convince their family to invest in the future over yummy turkey :shobon::coffee:

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
Sounds more like someone got bumped in the head.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

ghosTTy posted:

incredible buy opportunity right now, opened a cdp today with my eth, only taking out 30% just in case :) :getin:

this technology is incredible, literally got a loan without using a bank and only a 0.5% interest rate O_O

Gotta spend money to make money, right?!

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
"You know how we started this evening with a full turkey? And now we've got half a turkey? And by the end of the night we'll have given away all the rest of the turkey?

What if Investments could work the same way!?"

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
it's quite clear that bitcoin going below 4000 is GOOD news for the altcoin market, and particularly ADA

Adar
Jul 27, 2001

divabot posted:

it's quite clear that bitcoin going below 4000 is GOOD news for the altcoin market, and particularly ADA

is now a good time to post these PMs?

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/juliemaupin/status/1067785726035722240?s=20

Care to join me in space, M'IOTA? :razzy:

wide stance
Jan 28, 2011

If there's more than one way to do a job, and one of those ways will result in disaster, then he will do it that way.

ghosTTy posted:

literally got a loan without using a bank and only a 0.5% interest rate O_O

Wait what? Not familiar with crypto lending but there must be heavy strings attached otherwise that's printing money for yourself.

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

wide stance posted:

Wait what? Not familiar with crypto lending but there must be heavy strings attached otherwise that's printing money for yourself.

Well, the risk is that if the price drops too far you will be liquidated, and a lot of people who opened CDPs earlier this year got cleaned out.

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

https://medium.com/cryptolinks/maker-for-dummies-a-plain-english-explanation-of-the-dai-stablecoin-e4481d79b90

Adar
Jul 27, 2001
MKR/DAI is unironically awesome and the kind of tech that should be interesting no matter how pro or anti-crypto you are. A token that's worth $1 not because of probably phantom bank deposits but because of collateral that anyone can verify, and that holds up during a > 90% drop in the underlying collateral's value because the contracts auto-regulate themselves, is Cool and Good. It's the kind of thing that will eventually get used in fintech for decades.

So of course the devs are going to introduce multi-collateral and almost immediately gently caress this up because a bunch of the collateral will be shitcoins bad enough to have a risk of going to zero in a split second, destroying the utility of the whole thing.

The eth-only collateral version is really cool though!

wide stance
Jan 28, 2011

If there's more than one way to do a job, and one of those ways will result in disaster, then he will do it that way.

ghosTTy posted:

Well, the risk is that if the price drops too far you will be liquidated, and a lot of people who opened CDPs earlier this year got cleaned out.

Ah yeah that sounds about right. In a frictionless world one could just sell it to fiat then put it in an online savings account at 2% interest, netting 1.5%

Adar
Jul 27, 2001

wide stance posted:

Ah yeah that sounds about right. In a frictionless world one could just sell it to fiat then put it in an online savings account at 2% interest, netting 1.5%

selling it to fiat is a taxable event in most countries while getting a loan against the collateral is usually not, so this is a pretty clever trick as long as you don't do something retarded like use the DAI to buy more ETH to get more DAI to buy more ETH and on and on to go long on an asset during the deflation stage of a large bubble with very little room for err

oh

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

https://home.treasury.gov/news/press-releases/sm556

Buy Monero :zoro:

Bitcoin blacklisting is coming soon..

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
good night sweet ada

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

quote:

If you have something that can potentially 50x, you must have 98% conviction that it’s not going to happen for you to not put money in.

Powerful

Hoodwinker
Nov 7, 2005

ghosTTy posted:

Powerful
A $2 lottery ticket for a $10m lottery can go 5,000,000x. Therefore you must have 99.999998% conviction that it's not going to happen for you to not put money in.

(Hint: I do)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking