Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

Weird, I figured she already knew how

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

"Donald Trump is gonna be rehabbed by the Democrats and be beloved" actually kind of broke me a little to read as a serious argument.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

twitter is owning george really hard today

https://twitter.com/BarrettBrown_/status/1065314288443764738

Solvent
Jan 24, 2013

by Hand Knit
Dude. He actually came out and said it.

“Where’s Jamal Khashoggi?”
https://apple.news/A2AnlcloOTq62tB3HnsslIQ
“He’s in your gas tank fucker! SURPRISE!”

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

DaveWoo posted:

https://twitter.com/ArmyTimes/status/1065070488656011264

Helluva price tag for a worthless political stunt.

Operation Distracty Freedom

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

STAC Goat posted:

"Donald Trump is gonna be rehabbed by the Democrats and be beloved" actually kind of broke me a little to read as a serious argument.

Donald Trump may actually be one of the most fundamentally unlovable people to ever exist

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Rigel posted:

This is an extremely stupid "nothing matters" post.

The exact opposite of your idiotic prediction will come about. Claiming that you have always hated Trump will become the popular thing to do. People who were cheering and enabling Trump from 2016-2020 will claim that he was a vile cancer who wrecked the GOP in 2021.

I mean you two can always sign up for https://www.longbets.org you know.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Crow Jane posted:

Donald Trump may actually be one of the most fundamentally unlovable people to ever exist

He isn’t. But he will be, given time. Eventually even the most die hard MAGA chud will claim to have been part of the #resistance, or claim that they simply followed orders.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

STAC Goat posted:

that michelle obama poo poo broke people's brains, now if you believe one crew basically everyone in the democratic party loves bush

i was listening to chris hayes' podcast the other day and him and maddow got on a tangent about the astonishing scale of bush's war crimes, which is weird because i keep being told they think he's now a democrat and very good

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Crow Jane posted:

He's also like making it his life's legacy to burn every possible bridge and close every possible door that might ever exist to ever "reaching across the aisle" or whatever.

Like I hate W and I hate that the Obamas like him and that SOME people might think he's a better president now that we've had a worse one. But I'm not a loving idiot so I can see HOW that's happening because W actually tries to charm people and play nice and how Trump is the very antithesis of that so arguing that he's gonna do the same thing W is doing is just loving stupid.

Like even if you SINCERELY believe that nonsense why in the hell would you directly invoke the dude getting rehabbed BECAUSE he's not Trump as the reason why Trump will do it too? How bad of a persuasive argument could you actually be trying to make?

It kinda broke me.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

STAC Goat posted:

Well Zimmerman did rack up quite a few legal troubles that probably burned through any "welfare" he was getting. So he's probably not the best case study.

I think he's a good case study because he was on national news for weeks and weeks and did make windfall by writing books and promoting products and going on things as a guest and even then it still remained 15 minutes of fame.

The fact that being the evil rightwing shithead gets any sort of financial support in this country is disgusting, but people on these forums go wildly crazy about the concept as if anti-george soros mails these people a paycheck every week or something instead of it being a short exploitable burst, and people try to work it into their nothingmatters worldview so they can claim that even when someone is fired or disgrace or ousted that it's actually a win for them because fox news will be mailing them millions any second now.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

BigglesSWE posted:

He isn’t. But he will be, given time. Eventually even the most die hard MAGA chud will claim to have been part of the #resistance, or claim that they simply followed orders.

Name a loveable quality he has. I'll wait :colbert:

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Crow Jane posted:

he gave that guy that hat once

Solvent
Jan 24, 2013

by Hand Knit

Crow Jane posted:

I just said it! He totally used one of my lame jokes :)

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Crow Jane posted:

Have any of the horrible cop-calling racist thumbwomen we've seen recently gone on Fox or anything?

No because they dont conform to Fox's dress code standard for their fanservice.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

eke out posted:

that michelle obama poo poo broke people's brains, now if you believe one crew basically everyone in the democratic party loves bush

i was listening to chris hayes' podcast the other day and him and maddow got on a tangent about the astonishing scale of bush's war crimes, which is weird because i keep being told they think he's now a democrat and very good

Well, there was also this

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

Crow Jane posted:

he openly doesnt give a poo poo about the troops

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Crow Jane posted:

He made a couple funny tweets digging on diet coke in the before time.

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.

Thank you for making my day a little brighter.

Seriously, the good news story of the day.

ZobarStyl
Oct 24, 2005

This isn't a war, it's a moider.
This is the feelgood story this holiday season needed. I experience the highest level of
schadenfreude when racists get direct proof that not only are they not superior, but they're dogshit people unworthy of pity that can't even take a single loving punch after initiating a fistfight.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Well, there was also this

No you see the Democrats may give prizes and praise to MegaMurderers, but they would never forgive rude tweets.

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

Crow Jane posted:

It was pretty great watching him dunk on loser establishment Republicans like Rubio in the primary.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

How Donald Trump will be remembered depends almost entirely on the results of the 2020 election.

And unlike most people, I don't think it will necessarily be another blue wave. It is definitely possible for Trump to decide to put his support behind M4A for example, given the fact that it is a popular idea even amongst Republicans. If the Democrats play it smart, they can make the whole thing about him and his legacy, and use that to convince him that "Trumpcare" can be what Obamacare failed to be. And passing M4A would, in the long run, make a lot of people forget Donald's current awfulness, imo.

SpeakSlow
May 17, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
This just in: Far Left is as bad as the Far Right regarding doubleplusgood/doubleplusbad polar thinking.

Jesus Tapdancing Christ, we already know Bush II is an affable dolt. It's no surprise that anyone you put him in a room with ends-up liking him. Add to that the Bush and Obama family's experience in the rarified air of life during presidency and you've got the plot for The Odd Couple all over again.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

STAC Goat posted:

I mean he isn't going to be "beloved" but there is sure as gently caress going to be an attempt. The fact that this is going on with loving Bush, doesn't suggest that this may happen in the future?

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

see if you can catch the freudian slip in this tweet

https://twitter.com/simonamangiante/status/1065314911176220672

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Burning_Monk posted:

He was, he just wasn't the last.

W wasn't dumb, he just didn't give a poo poo.

His folksy language errors and rancher aesthetic were political. He was probably average to above average intelligence. Not a big nerd like Obama but Obama was pretty smart(book smart at least).

Trump is probably dumber than Reagan, and that's really saying something.

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

Josef bugman posted:

I mean he isn't going to be "beloved" but there is sure as gently caress going to be an attempt. The fact that this is going on with loving Bush, doesn't suggest that this may happen in the future?

Well no, because Bush can at least pretend to be a lovable doofus while Trump is incapable of anything other than "I AM THE BESTEST MOST STABLEST GENIUS EVER AND ALSO gently caress YOU".

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

The only way Donald gets rehabbed is if we elect someone even worse than him and he doesn't look so bad. That's what happened with Bush II.

I'm kind of terrified of what kind of man could make Donald look like he wasn't so bad.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Rigel posted:

This is an extremely stupid "nothing matters" post.

The exact opposite of your idiotic prediction will come about. Claiming that you have always hated Trump will become the popular thing to do. People who were cheering and enabling Trump from 2016-2020 will claim that he was a vile cancer who wrecked the GOP in 2021.

oh, I have EXTREMELY terrible news for you about the future, Rigel.

what is Donald Trump's approval rating with Republicans.

what, here and now, does the Republican Party stand for.

and do you remember the Caravan.

the Syrian refugee crisis was just the start, you know. brutal civil wars, and the resultant refugee crises, are only going to intensify as climate change kicks into high gear. starving people riot. starving people fight. starving people flee. there are going to be millions of desperate people from both within and without. and the absolute best case scenario, as we see it right now, is that there will only be around a billion of them before we get back on a more stable footing.

twenty, fifteen, and eight years from now, Trump will be the new Ronald Reagan. because he gave his people something to believe in, that can assuage their terror of the foreign hordes. sure, there was a laundry list of scandals and of embarrassments. but dammit, he gave them the idea of the Wall. the pure, perfect thing that will solve all of their problems forever.

Donald Trump's Wall is going to be something Republicans run on for the rest of your life.

because for the first time in your lifetime or mine, a president connected with his base on a visceral level. and unfortunately for us, the republicans got there first.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

my money's on Adelson, personally

https://twitter.com/lachlan/status/1065315926877356033

selec
Sep 6, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!

SpeakSlow posted:

This just in: Far Left is as bad as the Far Right regarding doubleplusgood/doubleplusbad polar thinking.

Jesus Tapdancing Christ, we already know Bush II is an affable dolt. It's no surprise that anyone you put him in a room with ends-up liking him. Add to that the Bush and Obama family's experience in the rarified air of life during presidency and you've got the plot for The Odd Couple all over again.

How do you think the knowledge of thousands of dead Iraqis fits in there. What kind of repression do you think it takes? Do they just take a bunch of Xanax and not give a gently caress?

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Jaxyon posted:

W wasn't dumb, he just didn't give a poo poo.

His folksy language errors and rancher aesthetic were political. He was probably average to above average intelligence.

Hasn't this claim been thoroughly refuted many, many times?

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug

ZobarStyl posted:

I experience the highest level of
schadenfreude when racists get direct proof that not only are they not superior, but they're dogshit people unworthy of pity that can't even take a single loving punch after initiating a fistfight.

Agreed. This is on the same level from a few months ago when that dude got punched in the face after leveling racist attacks at a black man who tried to walk away, ultimately defending himself after white guy tried to hit him. Said white guy freaked out.

It was lovely.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

mistaya posted:

I'm kind of terrified of what kind of man could make Donald look like he wasn't so bad.

Donald Jr?

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Trump: I hereby give the military permission to help arrest illegals, and if they get rowdy you can even shoot them too!!!

Mattis: No, we are not doing any of that.

https://twitter.com/politico/status/1065321469981483008

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

selec posted:

How do you think the knowledge of thousands of dead Iraqis fits in there. What kind of repression do you think it takes? Do they just take a bunch of Xanax and not give a gently caress?

obama was very clear he didn't care from the start when he refused to prosecute anyone in the bush administration.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Crow Jane, what movie is your av from?

gently caress you, it's political as gently caress in this post-Kav world.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

SpeakSlow posted:

lol you're really dumb if you think George Bush isn't putting on an act, and let's just gloss over the war criminal, New Orleans, crashed the global economy, you know the drill, no big deal.

Obama should be loathe to ever show up in a picture with Bush, not hanging out with him like old buddies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Gen. Ripper posted:

Well no, because Bush can at least pretend to be a lovable doofus while Trump is incapable of anything other than "I AM THE BESTEST MOST STABLEST GENIUS EVER AND ALSO gently caress YOU".

Yeah, but there is still going to be an attempt.