Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

X13Fen
Oct 18, 2006

"Is that an accurate quote? It should be.
I think about it often enough."

Themata posted:

Are notifications messed up for other people? I have it selected to inform me when a Pokemon's motivation is low and returns from the gym, and all misc update messages off. It never tells me when motivation is low, only tells me of a return about 40% of the time, and always sends me misc update messages. What the hell is wrong with it?

:dice: but Niantic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.
They've been like that for me since the beginning... Also regularly getting messages about "my first 7-day streak" of something, although I've been doing that since it came out too.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...
I think that's just as janky as it's supposed to be. Seems like the game only tells you it needs a berry via notification if it's getting attacked and even then that's like <50% of the time. In which case you have to go heal it immediately or else it's most likely going to be kicked out in the next 3 minutes.

It's like the game needs you to have the app active to get data about its motivation level but they're very adamant about not letting any data go through if your phone is asleep or off the app mostly because they don't want you to get any distance on eggs.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Anyone know if EX raids count towards my 10?

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
Cresselia seems easier to catch than other legendaries.
Although the side-to-side movement is always annoying.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Beachcomber posted:

Anyone know if EX raids count towards my 10?

They should. I ended up using four passes on level 5 raids by myself, I just jumped out as soon as it indicated it counted for the quest.

next time, I bet it'll be something worse like win 10 raids, or win 10 legendary raids or something like that.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
God drat the Meltan quests are such bullshit fetch quests. 10 raids? gently caress off game. I feel bad for people that won't get to the evolve or catch specific pokemon steps, better rack up Grimer candy while you can.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Anything requiring Raids is pretty much something I'll never get. I'm at 3/8 on Mew, because it requires 2 Raids, and I just happened to be in a spot with a gym and a Raid at the beginning of the month.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

Kheldarn posted:

Anything requiring Raids is pretty much something I'll never get. I'm at 3/8 on Mew, because it requires 2 Raids, and I just happened to be in a spot with a gym and a Raid at the beginning of the month.

You'll be happy to know that Page 6 of that quest requires you to battle in 10 raids.

And it's the same format for Meltan so 3/8 is 2 raids, 6/8 is 10 raids.

I can see how this is bad for people with limited gym availability.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

AirRaid posted:

You'll be happy to know that Page 6 of that quest requires you to battle in 10 raids.

And it's the same format for Meltan so 3/8 is 2 raids, 6/8 is 10 raids.

I can see how this is bad for people with limited gym availability.

Well it's bad for people even with gym availability if all you want to use are your free passes as it looks like some of the future tasks require more unique catches, like Aerodactyl. I'm holding onto the Let's Go field tasks since it sounds like they'll go away a while after I burn through the free raids.

Heffer
May 1, 2003

Wasnt there a way to game the raid quest? Go in with all chumps, let them die, wait for the timer to expire, go in fresh? You could get something like 5 raid "counts" off of one raid that way.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.

Heffer posted:

Wasnt there a way to game the raid quest? Go in with all chumps, let them die, wait for the timer to expire, go in fresh? You could get something like 5 raid "counts" off of one raid that way.

They "fixed" this unfortunately.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
Yeah now it counts as soon as you use a raid pass. So if anything if you know you won't be raiding a certain day at least find one, enter the lobby, and leave to get the task credit.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
The way you game it now is drive to a raid, start, quit, drive to next. Turns an hour or two into 10 minutes if you want to actually rush it

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

mastershakeman posted:

The way you game it now is drive to a raid, start, quit, drive to next. Turns an hour or two into 10 minutes if you want to actually rush it

Wouldn't you need multiple raid passes or am I missing something? How does this game the system?

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

at least cressalia is a much better design than giratina, aka the most overdesigned pokemon ever. that fuckin thing was like the homer in pokemon form.

If you want to keep your sanity intact stay away from 100% Zygarde

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!

mastershakeman posted:

Is there a way to do this without spending money on raid passes?

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

IcePhoenix posted:

sounds more like another month of easy rare candies and golden bois since weak 5* mons can be destroyed with two or maybe three people

It’s actually HARDER to beat than most legendaries since all of its points are in defense. Kind of like the Regis.

Also remember that one of the strongest legendaries, rayquaza, was also the easiest level 5 raid boss to beat.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

ABigDumbBus
Maserati68
nova2007
Penji108
DrMcBill
froggeryz
UmlatFiasco
smapdo

I'm going to pop the egg and raise friendship at Noon MST.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Pez posted:

Is there a way to do this without spending money on raid passes?

I've somehow built up a stockpile of premium passes I never use due to buying packs for incubators when they're on sale , I assumed most people had done the same

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Just fought a Ryperior in a gym, and :sbahj:

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
At 12pm EST on Friday the following people will enter my Inner Circle of Friend Champions

Ambermometer
Caluin
CrimsonJive
Hamhandler
JudoonPlatoon16
JungleCub
MQuinn1211
OvertBlue1
PieChooseYou
Plateialumitar
PoppingFresh22
ReginaLynn
SassyBeth
TheBiggaFigga

Use your Eggs if possible.

Losnhah, ratatatatatatta, and SaltySteve44 you're all 1 day away as well if you want to send a gift and join in! :toot:

Zombie Dachshund
Feb 26, 2016

Pomplamoose posted:

It’s actually HARDER to beat than most legendaries since all of its points are in defense. Kind of like the Regis.

Also remember that one of the strongest legendaries, rayquaza, was also the easiest level 5 raid boss to beat.

I don’t know about duo-ing cresselia, but I was able to trio it this morning. (Granted, we had strong counters and best friend bonuses, but still.)

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

mastershakeman posted:

I've somehow built up a stockpile of premium passes I never use due to buying packs for incubators when they're on sale , I assumed most people had done the same

Same here. Since I never raid, I have a huge stockpile for poo poo like this.

Now, hitting that Excellent throw for the drat Ditto quest...

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt
Headed out to the Ex-Raid I had today with 6 minutes to spare and saw nobody around. Figuring that no one else had a chance to work from home, I decided to take the gym down since they were all at minimum motivation and I'd at least get some coins. To my surprise, there were 7 other participants, all names I recognize from the area, but still not a soul in sight. Spoofers dedicated to the area?

Then as I was down to my last 3 Pokeballs, the game froze before the struggle animation started. :catstare: Fortunately, turns out it had caught. Given that every time this has happened now, the Pokemon caught, I guess it's more welcome than watching the ball shake twice and then pause long enough that you know it failed, but still not fun to get during an Ex-raid.

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

Same here. Since I never raid, I have a huge stockpile for poo poo like this.

Now, hitting that Excellent throw for the drat Ditto quest...

I managed this on both a Drowzee and Eevee since the quests came out. In the past, Grimer and Ponyta were some of the easier Pokemon to get Excellents on, along with Sandshrew. Shame they got rid of Stantlers just as they would've been useful for something for once.

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

Talking about difficult raid bosses, windy weather dragon claw Latios loving wiped entire teams so quickly. We had twelve 30+ people at one and we were all on the tail end of our second team before we downed it.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
Grabbed 3 Cresselia today. Way easier to catch than Giratina because the attack animation gives you a much bigger window.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Finally got the gold Pikachu Fan medal :japan:

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
over the last 3 days I caught a shiny pikachu, 2 shiny eevees and a shiny kabuto. this event is great.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

I got my lovely IV Cress first ball, so I guess that does me for a month.

Froist
Jun 6, 2004

Today I:
  • Ticked off Cresselia
  • Hatched a hundo Sandshrew
  • Finished the Meltan quest line (only 7780km to evolve!)
  • Caught a 93%, level 28 shiny Magikarp

Think I’m going to go on a more passive spell for a while with this game. All I have to aim for right now is the eternal shiny hunt and hatching a (still elusive) Smoochum..

Ziddar
Jul 24, 2003

Time Travel: Not Even Once

okay maybe a few times

Looks like a special Community Day coming is a weekend long combination of all previous days.

https://twitter.com/PokemonGoApp/status/1065354141990572034?s=19

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Holy poo poo - November/December community day features all previous community day monsters AND you get the exclusive moves while evolving them!

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

BRING IT IN GUYS!!!!

*every Pokémon from every community day come in with everything for a HUGE party*

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!
I wonder if you will be able to TM into the special moves during that time, my 97% tyranitar would love to have Smack Down.

If this is anything like last few community days most of the spawns will still be pidgeys

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
I hope the shiny rate gets boosted as well. Missing a few of them (Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Larvitar) from not being able to participate on those days.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Pomplamoose posted:

BRING IT IN GUYS!!!!

*every Pokémon from every community day come in with everything for a HUGE party*

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe

dwarf74 posted:

Holy poo poo - November/December community day features all previous community day monsters AND you get the exclusive moves while evolving them!

sweet jesus please grant me shiny charmander aka The Best Shiny

edit and lots of larvitars. like 500

FistEnergy fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Nov 21, 2018

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

:wooper: :siren: Max storage upgrade has been increased to 2000! :siren: :wooper:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
I'm missing shiny Bulbasaur and Mareep.