Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

So Hel will absolutely be a busty woman who becomes obsessed with us, specifically, and the face of book 3 right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

I managed to pull a Ylgr, +hp/-res, in about 50 orbs. Not the best ivs, but that's all I'm going to pull, so that I can save up a bit for the Legendary banner.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Wait.

Archanea
Valentia
Jugdral
Elibe
Magvel
Tellius
Ylisse
Fatesworld
Heroesworld

That's nine. :tinfoil:

It probably is just a coincidence.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The nine worlds are from norse mythology. Niflheim, Muspelheim, Asgard, Midgard, Jotunheim, Vanaheim, Alfheim, Svartalfheim, and Helheim. Nifl and Muspel are obviously on this list. Askr and Embla are named after the Norse mythological first man and woman, not after worlds.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

https://twitter.com/theprinceofiris/status/1065312745652977664

now this is the change I can get behind.

Nages
Dec 31, 2011

Just yell at her like you always do. Bitch, get out of the way!
I hope the GHB map has only gharnefs on it

Shinji117
Jul 14, 2013

rannum posted:

So Hel will absolutely be a busty woman who becomes obsessed with us, specifically, and the face of book 3 right
I mean, if she was like Odin Sphere Odette that mightn't be so bad, but I kinda doubt they'd go with "hey, that looks attrac- wait are those bones? and is that a giant spider???".

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Hel was a woman whose top half was normal and whose bottom half was a rotting corpse in norse mythology which is pretty metal

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Norse mythology is pretty metal and/or weird pretty frequently

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
will she have that spell from FE4 named hel that knocked you down to 1HP

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

will she have that spell from FE4 named hel that knocked you down to 1HP

The FE4 dark spells were named after Loki's three children, Jormungandr, Hel, and Fenrir

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
ok now that you mention it that adds another dimension to loki and hel's relationship, from what we've seen so far in the xenologue

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Today was a weird day for summoning. In about 60 orbs, pulling for green bad guy, I got:
-spd +def Sonya
-atk +hp Ylgr
-spd +def Ylgr

That is some really unlucky lucky poo poo. At least Ylgr is great fodder. Not sure whether to keep -atk or -spd.. She hits 38 spd even with a bane, and it's not like 41 suddenly allows her to double the speedy reds.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

I free pulled a +atk -hp Surtr. Still in the 179 bin but I'm not gonna complain about a free +atk angry man.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
Damnit Narcian, I hate you and you're making me want to use you.

SL the Pyro fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Nov 22, 2018

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Oops I somehow accidentally turned on autobattle in Aether raids when someone came and asked me something at work.

didn't want those 100 points anyway

Andrast fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Nov 22, 2018

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Aether raids is starting to piss me off.

Im not gonna bother trying to get pots if people are just going to throw their loving horses at me

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
I have no earthly idea how to build a defence team.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Tired Moritz posted:

Aether raids is starting to piss me off.

Im not gonna bother trying to get pots if people are just going to throw their loving horses at me

Maybe you can try using your Azama with like, double Distant Defense and Gravity to help tank and lock the last horse down after you clear the rest of the enemy team? Then you have some room to break the pots and kill the last guy off

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
A common and lovely strat I've seen a lot of times is to put a strong DC tank in the topleft corner and surround it with as many walls/buildings and razzle dazzle units as possible.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

blizzardvizard posted:

Maybe you can try using your Azama with like, double Distant Defense and Gravity to help tank and lock the last horse down after you clear the rest of the enemy team? Then you have some room to break the pots and kill the last guy off

Yeah, I should get gravity at some point on him. But since I use Halloween!Jakob as my DSP unit, that means I would have to drop either Micaiah or Aversa and they're both really useful for surviving the horse menace.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Dropped 150 f2p orbs pushing for a few surtr merges as a "meh why not" project and ended up with

FemKana
OGHector
Dorcas
One Surtr

I'm kinda a bit baffled. It's either incredible luck, or absolutely god awful luck, I can't tell which.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Apparently due to this banner being a two-unit banner the 5* rate is jacked up higher than normal. When you're sniping green or blue the 5* rates are supposedly even higher than Hero Fest rates, and I think blue/green orbs are more likely to appear too, so you're more likely to get the orb colors you want?

Of course you're supposed to get more Surtrs than pitybreakers, but hey, variance. You're supposed to get a Surtr every like 80 orbs or so

blizzardvizard fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Nov 22, 2018

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Thats pretty lucky. Thats like 2 full circles per 5 star?

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Aether Raids is a good idea, just needs a little work on the aether costs and ways to encourage and reward creative defense maps.

I’m also definitely not salty about accidentally autobattling a horse defense map and getting railed by the most cookie cutter stuff. This aether week is essentially shot but that’s okay.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Tired Moritz posted:

Thats pretty lucky. Thats like 2 full circles per 5 star?

Sniping!

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I just want a game mode where the goal is to kill poo poo

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

The Hector is +atk -spd :catdrugs:
Dorcas is +spd -def (fodder)
Femkana is +atk -def

My two Surtr's are -

+hp -def
+hp -spd

I imagine the speed one is better?

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

tithin posted:

The Hector is +atk -spd :catdrugs:
Dorcas is +spd -def (fodder)
Femkana is +atk -def

My two Surtr's are -

+hp -def
+hp -spd

I imagine the speed one is better?

Yeah, keep that defense high!!!

Spectral Werewolf
Jun 15, 2006

And if that wasn't funny, there were lots of things that weren't even funnier...
Managed to grab a +SPD/-RES Ylgr. Maybe I’ll get lucky and can get the whole family together for a team soon.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

valuum posted:

Today was a weird day for summoning. In about 60 orbs, pulling for green bad guy, I got:
-spd +def Sonya
-atk +hp Ylgr
-spd +def Ylgr

That is some really unlucky lucky poo poo. At least Ylgr is great fodder. Not sure whether to keep -atk or -spd.. She hits 38 spd even with a bane, and it's not like 41 suddenly allows her to double the speedy reds.

35 more orbs and I get a -atk +spd Surtr, his worst possible IV? So many 5* in so few orbs, but so god drat lovely IVs. What a weird banner.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

I've been saving orbs for the past couple months with the purpose of dropping them for L!Tiki in January, but with Surtr arriving on a two unit banner I'm starting to feel like going for the +10 there might be a better goal for me as a dolphin who doesn't want to become a whale. I'm currently at 530 orbs with 1 Surtr, so I have an outside shot of getting the 10 more needed in that or with minimal dolphining. If I continue saving orbs until the legendary banner in January, I guess I would be somewhere between 1050 and 1200 orbs by then, depending on how generous IS is with orbs in December and January.

L!Tiki and Surtr actually score the same (with proper Surtr IVs), with the caveat that L!Tiki provides bonus score during Earth seasons. Surtr is actually a better arena support unit, though, thanks to Sinmara and Surtr's Menace. He's probably also more useful in PvE content and Aether Raids.

Another thing to consider is my already having a +10 Sheena, 7 other 5* axe armors, a +1 MGrima and a Halloween Henry in green, whereas in blue I only have a +10 Gwen, V!Eliwood, V!Lyn, and W!Robin in blue. There is also the possibility of getting screwed by the RNG and not getting a 180 bst bin Surtr in 10 more copies. Finally, the jump from my +10 Sheena to a 180 bin +10 Surtr is 6 more arena points, which actually only bumps the minimum and maximum score range for the team by 2 points each. That could still be pretty significant, though, and help me stay in T21 in cases where I've missed the cut by only a couple hundred spots before.

Basically, I'm having decision paralysis here and want to know what other players would do in my situation. Would you go for a decent shot at a +10 here in the short term or save for pulls toward an eventual Legendary +10 that probably won't be finished in January, meaning more orb saving for another 4+ months?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Armors are lame so I would skip it

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Play with your favorites. Surtr's skills are better for babysitting a bonus unit, but that doesn't matter if you are not having fun with him.

Also, here are the latest unused skill tags from the dataminers

quote:

SAID_戦闘強化_絶対追撃_生贄ダメージ (lit. "combat boost - guaranteed follow-up - sacrificial damage"): Grants stats+X during combat, and unit makes a guaranteed follow-up attack. After combat, deals Y damage to ally nearest to unit. This tag can deal damage to multiple allies if they have the same distance (evaluated directly, without path searching) to the unit. For example:
If Xander is adjacent and Camus is 2 spaces away, Xander receives the damage;
If Xander and Camus are both adjacent, they both receive the damage;
If Xander and Camus are both 2 spaces away, and no allies are adjacent, they too both receive the damage.

SAID_戦闘強化_絶対追撃無効_生贄弱化 (lit. "combat boost - nullify guaranteed follow-up - sacrificial debuff"): Grants stats+X during combat, and disables foe's skills that guarantee foe's follow-up attack. After combat, inflicts stats-Y on ally nearest to unit. As above, can debuff multiple allies at the same time. This is the first time a unit can debuff its allies with a skill; the debuff works like enemy debuffs and can be reversed with Harsh Command.

SAID_トライアングル (lit. "triangle"): If the number of allies within X spaces ≥ Y, grants stats+Z during combat, and unit attacks twice. Almost certainly going be a Triangle Attack skill or refine.

SAID_戦闘強化_攻撃時追撃不可_消耗 (lit. "combat boost - no follow-up when attacking - self damage"): Grants stats+X during combat, and if unit initiates combat, foe cannot make a follow-up attack. After combat, deals Y damage to unit. Only the follow-up part requires that the unit initiate combat, the rest functions like Atk/Spd Push or Ragnarok after any refine (in fact their SkillAbility ID is called SAID_戦闘強化_消耗). The damage part should also require that the unit have attacked during combat, but this was not tested yet.

SAID_最被ダメージ回復 (lit. "restore most damaged"): Restores X HP to ally with the most damage. Never heals the unit with the skill itself; multiple units can be healed if they have received the same (absolute) amount of damage. For example, if Xander has 15/20 HP and Camus 35/40:
If someone else at full HP has this tag, Xander and Camus will both be healed;
If two allies at full HP have this tag, Xander and Camus will both be healed twice;
If only Xander has this tag and there are no other allies, only Camus will be healed;
If only Xander and Camus both have this tag and there are no other allies, they will be healed by each other.

SAID_周囲状態変化 (lit. "status effect around unit"): Grants status ??? to allies within X spaces of unit. Applies to players only and cannot be used to inflict status effects on foes, which most certainly means Armor March but without applying the status to the unit with the skill, since it is the only "positive" status effect (Triangle Adept is considered negative and can be removed by Restore+).

SAID_最高値強化 (lit. "strengthen highest value"): Grants stats+X to ally with the highest ??? stat for 1 turn. Basically a reverse Chill passive. For this, multiple skills of the same kind do not stack, but a single skill can buff multiple allies. Never buffs the unit with the skill itself.

SAID_最寄弱化 (lit. "weaken closest"): Inflicts stats-X on foe nearest to unit. Again, may debuff multiple foes at the same time.

SAID_強化拡大 (lit. "enlarge boosts"): Unknown, but it appears to trigger after combat since it is listed among tags paired with STID_戦闘後.

combat boost - nullify guaranteed follow-up - sacrificial debuff is IS is trying to push a harsh command meta. Triangle feels like it is foreshadowing a whitewings prf weapon/refine. Restore most damaged might mean legendary Micaiah.

golden bubble fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Nov 22, 2018

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

I've been saving orbs for the past couple months with the purpose of dropping them for L!Tiki in January, but with Surtr arriving on a two unit banner I'm starting to feel like going for the +10 there might be a better goal for me as a dolphin who doesn't want to become a whale. I'm currently at 530 orbs with 1 Surtr, so I have an outside shot of getting the 10 more needed in that or with minimal dolphining. If I continue saving orbs until the legendary banner in January, I guess I would be somewhere between 1050 and 1200 orbs by then, depending on how generous IS is with orbs in December and January.

L!Tiki and Surtr actually score the same (with proper Surtr IVs), with the caveat that L!Tiki provides bonus score during Earth seasons. Surtr is actually a better arena support unit, though, thanks to Sinmara and Surtr's Menace. He's probably also more useful in PvE content and Aether Raids.

Another thing to consider is my already having a +10 Sheena, 7 other 5* axe armors, a +1 MGrima and a Halloween Henry in green, whereas in blue I only have a +10 Gwen, V!Eliwood, V!Lyn, and W!Robin in blue. There is also the possibility of getting screwed by the RNG and not getting a 180 bst bin Surtr in 10 more copies. Finally, the jump from my +10 Sheena to a 180 bin +10 Surtr is 6 more arena points, which actually only bumps the minimum and maximum score range for the team by 2 points each. That could still be pretty significant, though, and help me stay in T21 in cases where I've missed the cut by only a couple hundred spots before.

Basically, I'm having decision paralysis here and want to know what other players would do in my situation. Would you go for a decent shot at a +10 here in the short term or save for pulls toward an eventual Legendary +10 that probably won't be finished in January, meaning more orb saving for another 4+ months?

As always the first advice is "don't spend on heroes you don't like just for scoring" since a) chances are these heroes will be powercreeped (in terms of score) somehow later and b) it kinda takes the joy out of the game (although of course that's subjective), but to actually answer your question: In theory Liki is worth more than Surtr, being a legendary hero, but Liki takes around 2000+ orbs to +10 on average while Surtr takes around 800-900, so Surtr is a far more efficient investment. It's also unlikely that you'll ever get a better deal than this banner to +10 any 5* exclusive, armor or not, so there's that.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Also the reward for being in tier 21 is basically nothing

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Sidenote I have never ever seriously pulled for armors before this banner but Surtr is big bara daddy (butterface notwithstanding) and dang this game is so lacking in that department

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Yeah, I actually like Surtr's design visually and I like big numbers so I went for it. 500ish orbs got me 6 more Surtrs, a Myrrh (+7 there), and a 5* Libra. The banner is around for 18 more days so I'll keep pulling throughout and hopefully get close enough to only have to minorly dolphin for the finish.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

I got into Tier 11 in aether raids and now the meta has shifted from armors, dancer & maybe aversa to horses & dancer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siselmo
Jun 16, 2013

hey there
~30 orbs got me Ylgr, Libra and Surtr, plus two 4* Libras. I guess I have a new project now.