Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

The dagger is a decent part of the costume, the joke is that the cleavage draws the male gaze and then confronts it with the dagger.

Ah that makes so much sense! That's some real detailed work.

EimiYoshikawa posted:

I'd never remembered it myself, but, apparently...

Yup, there it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Looks like people need to watch Elvira: Mistress of the Dark

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Alan_Shore posted:

This movie rules.

Also, that picture indicates that Princess Carolyn broke her Amelia Earhart streak. Deep character development implications in this Instagram Halloween promotional still.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Alan_Shore posted:

:emptyquote:

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

Android Blues posted:

This movie rules.

Also, that picture indicates that Princess Carolyn broke her Amelia Earhart streak. Deep character development implications in this Instagram Halloween promotional still.

the instagram is noncanon, PC is Amelia Earhart until death

Baudolino
Apr 1, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Bojack can`t get meaningfully better. There is no story, no point to any of it unless Bojack is doing his thing hurting himself and everyone else. He`ll get bet better for a while and then slowly unravel in a bleak but interesting way for as many more seasons as Netflix will pay them continue making the show.
Maybe that`s the real lesson, we don`t get better when we have every incentive to stay lovely.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Baudolino posted:

Bojack can`t get meaningfully better. There is no story, no point to any of it unless Bojack is doing his thing hurting himself and everyone else.
This is wrong

Baudolino posted:

He`ll get bet better for a while and then slowly unravel in a bleak but interesting way for as many more seasons as Netflix will pay them continue making the show.
Maybe that`s the real lesson, we don`t get better when we have every incentive to stay lovely.
..but this is correct

WrathOfBlade
May 30, 2011

I feel like season 4 made a good case for the show existing without endlessly retracing the same beats. Honestly, I'd rather Bojack become a secondary character in his own show due to his sadness no longer being as compelling vs. it turning out to be a show about how nobody can change/redemption is impossible.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Hollyhock seemed to turn out okay, what the gently caress is her secret?

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Billzasilver posted:

She's actually a man.

Wait, that doesn't work...

She's actually a broom.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Billzasilver posted:

Good dads. Eight of them. Just keep throwing more dads at the situation.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

WrathOfBlade posted:

I feel like season 4 made a good case for the show existing without endlessly retracing the same beats. Honestly, I'd rather Bojack become a secondary character in his own show due to his sadness no longer being as compelling vs. it turning out to be a show about how nobody can change/redemption is impossible.

The secondary characters on this show are fleshed out enough to support their own episodes, and I’m quite happy just seeing more of the Bojack universe. I could see them doing a couple more seasons without it getting boring.

I’d like to see more of a balance between the dark stuff and comedy. They hit the sweet spot in season three. I felt they are going a bit too dark for the sake of it.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Billzasilver posted:

She had loving parents (four times as many as most people who get that lucky) and also not a Hollywoo career.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Also she's young and has plenty of time to gently caress up her life.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

Sinteres posted:

Also she's young and has plenty of time to gently caress up her life.

Spends time with Beatrice Horseman. Almost instantly dies.

Whiz Palace
Dec 8, 2013
We need a bigger sample of Horsemen to figure the ideal number of parents they need to come out decent.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

Whiz Palace posted:

We need a bigger sample of Horsemen to figure the ideal number of parents they need to come out decent.

*Awkward post about bojack's mom here.*

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Toalpaz posted:

*Awkward post about bojack's mom here.*

1.5 is less than 2, so we already know the results.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I'm not sure Joseph Sugarman should be counted as a parent, or a half-parent for that matter. If anything, he should be counted as a negative one, which would put Beatrice at a comfortable zero parents until the... incident. A half-dad would be more like season 4 Bojack where he wants to do a good job but fails to ever follow through. He's not a full dad until he gets his poo poo together at the end, after realizing he's actually Hollyhock's half-brother, which... I forgot where I was going with this.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Billzasilver posted:

Spends time with Beatrice Horseman. Almost instantly dies.

Did they ever explain how she wound up with the big thing of “diet pills” or whatever she was using?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

GigaPeon posted:

Did they ever explain how she wound up with the big thing of “diet pills” or whatever she was using?

It's Bojack's house. Even before the opiates addiction you'd probably be tripping over oversized pill bags. And Beatrice has been on the amphetamines for at least almost Bojack's entire life.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
how did jesse spanos get those diet pills

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

GigaPeon posted:

It’s fairly clear that Beatrice was putting them in her food.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
I think the first cup of coffee she gives her.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
They were asking how Beatrice got the pills. Which was presumably from her personal stash, given that all her childhood memories that don't relate to her family life were about her body image issues. Same reason she thought slipping drugs to her husband's digression was good parenting.

Zulily Zoetrope fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Nov 12, 2018

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

why did they bother to get rami malek for this show when they could've just asked aaron paul to act tired

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

should've been Vincent D'onofrio imo

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy
Jealousy is a coat that BoJack does not wear well.

https://twitter.com/BoJackHorseman/status/1065327554888790017

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

They were asking how Beatrice got the pills. Which was presumably from her personal stash, given that all her childhood memories that don't relate to her family life were about her body image issues. Same reason she thought slipping drugs to her husband's digression was good parenting.

You can just buy diet pills. A lot of them are mostly caffeine but some of them will still really gently caress you up and have other weird poo poo in them.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Pick posted:

You can just buy diet pills. A lot of them are mostly caffeine but some of them will still really gently caress you up and have other weird poo poo in them.

I would not put it past Beatrice to have diet pills from decades ago, back when the currently very sketchy industry was even sketchier. The diet/supplement industry is very loosely regulated. Periodically, health researchers will buy a bunch of off the shelf products and run them through chemistry assays to see what's really in them. They often find mercury, arsenic, and number of other poisonous poo poo.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
I guess I mean it didn’t seem like Bea was leaving the house or had access to money.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

She is the HEIRESS to the Sugarman fortune!!!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

GigaPeon posted:

I guess I mean it didn’t seem like Bea was leaving the house or had access to money.

In his eulogy Bojack straight up says his father squandered all the money and left her with nothing but debt.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Billzasilver posted:

She is the HEIRESS to the Sugarman fortune!!!
Pretty sure she got little to no money from her family, hence her resentment of her husband.

^^ also above

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

FactsAreUseless posted:

Pretty sure she got little to no money from her family, hence her resentment of her husband.

^^ also above

You can’t do this to MEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

GigaPeon posted:

Hence the thought that she just had a massive stash of pills that got brought to Bojack's house when she moved in.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Bojack does also say in the eulogy Beatrice still had an active social life and even home performances, I figured it was more that when her husband died she suddenly learned that they were living in debt and couldn't afford their lifestyle, and ended up in a nursing home til she got kicked out.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
That was literally just A Dolls House.

By Ibsen, which Horsin' Around isn't.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

Is A Doll’s House good? Should I watch it even though I’m not 55 years old?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Billzasilver posted:

Is A Doll’s House good? Should I watch it even though I’m not 55 years old?

Well, it's Ibsen.