Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

CelticPredator posted:

here are some batshit things.

you won't believe who is in this trailer. check out one of the henchmen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXYxDpR_x18

and this is just surreal weird nonsense to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8Rc1BAdKBU

Was that loving Tarantino?

Also, I don't play Fortnight, but if John Wick needs my help I guess I can send him my CC info.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It was this fella right here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VllcgXSIJkE

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Whoah. Lithgow looked way different in 2000.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Abrams really needs to make a Star Trek TNG movie so Jason Clark can be NuO'Brien.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Detective No. 27 posted:

Whoah. Lithgow looked way different in 2000.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDPpYcfNs0s

(sorry im not calling you a oval office, it's just very close to thanksgiving and it's the only good thing dexter has now lol)

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

CelticPredator posted:

I don't know which henchman you're talking about or who I'm looking for. This trailer need ritalin.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXYxDpR_x18&t=27s

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

That's probably my favorite scene in Dexter.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Okay but who is that?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Le4OlAvuME

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Just so you know, I wasn't being willfully obtuse, I don't know who Jason Clarke is, and I've only seen one movie with him in it apparently (Public Enemies)

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Watch the Apes trilogy dawg

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.
Don't despair, CP, I recognized Jason Clarke in that very bad trailer, and it's always delightful to see famous actors play small roles in stupid lovely movies before they hit it big.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Popelmon posted:

I love the theremin on the First Man soundtrack so much. I don't really have much to say about the movie but the soundtrack is loving amazing.

It's amazing how much mileage the composer get out of two themes. I didn't even notice until (spoilers!) the moon landing/moon itself.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

MacheteZombie posted:

Imma have a baby girl y'all. Pretty loving excited.

Hell yeah!

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
This will probably be first of many reminders to sign up for CineD Secret Santa if you can. tia

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

CelticPredator posted:

Probably had short shooting schedule, that combined with a free trip to Australia isn't a bad deal.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Skwirl posted:

Probably had short shooting schedule, that combined with a free trip to Australia isn't a bad deal.

I imagine he was still living in Australia at that point, since he was born there.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Mierenneuker posted:

I imagine he was still living in Australia at that point, since he was born there.

Then you know, easy pay check.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Out of all the good movies opening up I’m most excited about the Disney Princesses meeting up. Like...man it is what it is.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I am very pleasantly surprised at the good reviews for Ralph Breaks the Internet. The trailers made it look pretty terrible.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Detective No. 27 posted:

Was that loving Tarantino?

I thought the same thing. I don't know why but I saw that and thought "Oh, Tarantino played a minor role in a lovely kids movie, I could see that."

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Yeah, I think he was in that Muppet version of Wizard of Oz too so it checked out in my brain.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

DC Murderverse posted:

if you haven't ever listened to or heard of The Day The Laughter Died it's kinda fascinating. Basically instead of a normal comedy album where you perform a rehearsed hour in front of a large raucous crowd of people who love you, Rick Rubin produced this album and convinced the Diceman that he should record an album unannounced at a small comedy club in Manhattan (the first comedy club I ever went to, Dangerfield's!) in front of a less than enthusiastic crowd. And to top it off, he doesn't do his usual Diceman bravado and just kinda performs like a bad comedian.

I'm still not entirely sure how this happened, because it came out at the height of his career (1990) but it's weird as gently caress and an interesting listen, even if it's not "funny" per se. also he was Lady Gaga's dad in A Star is Born and casting Dice as an old italian dad who had delusions of stardom singing like Sinatra was really good, even if it wasn't a total stretch.

Whenever I hear Dice mentioned, I can't help but think of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGuGeBT3MFY

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN
So what’s the terrible YouTuber secret at the end of Wreck It 2?

Does Disney Shrek say the n-word and get demonetized?

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

He goes to the Algorithm and it's just a guy behind a curtain

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

bushisms.txt posted:

Have you decided on the order for their first star wars watch?

Anything besides the original trilogy only pre-97 cuts is basically child abuse.

Franchescanado posted:

Just so you know, I wasn't being willfully obtuse, I don't know who Jason Clarke is, and I've only seen one movie with him in it apparently (Public Enemies)

He played Ted Kennedy in Chappaquiddick and man does that movie make him look like the biggest piece of poo poo (formerly) on Earth.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

CPL593H posted:

Anything besides the original trilogy only pre-97 cuts is basically child abuse.

He played Ted Kennedy in Chappaquiddick and man does that movie make him look like the biggest piece of poo poo (formerly) on Earth.

Now he's just one of the bigger pieces of poo poo in Earth

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

So what’s the terrible YouTuber secret at the end of Wreck It 2?

Does Disney Shrek say the n-word and get demonetized?

Bold of you to assume that YouTubers are punished for saying the n-word.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I Before E posted:

Seriously? The only thing wikipedia has under "personal life" is that he identifies as a democrat.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Pirate Jet posted:

Bold of you to assume that YouTubers are punished for saying the n-word.

It cost Pewdiepie a job with Disney.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Skwirl posted:

Seriously? The only thing wikipedia has under "personal life" is that he identifies as a democrat.

I meant Ted Kennedy, Jason Clarke is still alive

E: though as prominent Kennedys go, he's probably the best one

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I Before E posted:

I meant Ted Kennedy, Jason Clarke is still alive

E: though as prominent Kennedys go, he's probably the best one

Did RFK do anything terrible? I mean, he was a cop and ACAB, but I don't think he was accused of rape like the other two.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

I Before E posted:

You don't post all that much but you always post the best.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Skwirl posted:

It cost Pewdiepie a job with Disney.

Oh no, now he’ll have to rely on pushing Ben Shapiro to the largest subscriber base on YouTube.

Remember when two YouTubers advertised a gambling website to children without mentioning that they owned it and then faced literally zero punishment for it, not even a fine?

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

CPL593H posted:

You don't post all that much but you always post the best.

You could say I have as many good posts as there as Pokémon, which is to say approximately 450

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Escobarbarian posted:

I am very pleasantly surprised at the good reviews for Ralph Breaks the Internet. The trailers made it look pretty terrible.

I'm honestly seeing it as a "Zelda Skyward Sword is a 10/10 game" situation.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

I'm honestly seeing it as a "Zelda Skyward Sword is a 10/10 game" situation.

So decent but overhyped?

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
big fan of Adam Mckay goin in & sayin he'd take trump over bush & Jeb! over Bill Clinton...very good

e: changed "Jeb bush" to Jeb!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Hat Thoughts posted:

big fan of Adam Mckay goin in & sayin he'd take trump over bush & Jeb! over Bill Clinton...very good

e: changed "Jeb bush" to Jeb!

Trump is doing his best to destroy every foundation of the concept of a democracy in America, but he also has at least half a million fewer dead Iraqis on his rap sheet than Bush.