Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"
Enya also has her own stand, which controls the dead, so you know DIO would think that's sick as hell. And he's gotta have the latest and coolest of powers. If stands reflect the user and he's stabbed by the arrow, of course he, DIO, would have the greatest and coolest powers of all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Enya would have been unstoppable if Araki had figured out how Stands work at that point.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Dio wouldn't have been able to see Justice. I guess she'd need to make some zombies, and then he'd ask why she's also able to make zombies despite not being a vamp. Without some demonstration of stand power, he isn't just going to let some weird Pakistani lady with hosed up hands shoot him.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Casting the Pt8 anime is going to be a nightmare, how will they find an entire cast able to say "Rokakaka" that amount of times without giving up.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Toplowtech posted:

That and she can demonstrate other people gaining stands by shooting them first?

Maybe that's how DIO got Pet Shop

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Improbable Lobster posted:

Maybe that's how DIO got Pet Shop
Nah enya just had a stand bird hanging around no biggie

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

I'm most curious as to what was going through Enya and DIO's minds when Mannish Boy got his Stand.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"
DIO about to shoot a baby: haha hey Enya watch this poo poo

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Hey, we got this monkey, what do you think would happen?

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Is Anubis the oldest known Stand?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Yes, unless you count the holy corpse.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
the holy corpse isnt a stand

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

jesus totes was a stand user tho

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Ticket to Ride/Love Train is basically the opposite of “taking on the sins of the world,” which I guess Joshua Josephson did with his stand before he faked his death and went to chill with the Native Americans like the Mormons say.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

anubis is cool but probably the absolute #1 stand that doesn't work within the established rules. anubis is from one piece

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Ticket to Ride/Love Train is basically the opposite of “taking on the sins of the world,” which I guess Joshua Josephson did with his stand before he faked his death and went to chill with the Native Americans like the Mormons say.

broke: delivering the savior's corpse out of paternal duty in the hope of receiving love

woke: forsaking your earthly father so that the savior can live freely in the woods

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
wokest: taking the penis part for yourself

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

I assume that his stand can bend fortune either way and that Lucy/Valentine are just using a specific facet of it(because the idea of "taking misfortune upon yourself" wouldn't even cross their minds)

e: also possible is that the user eventually suffers some kind of karmic backlash because [Fate], but that never happened because Valentine got melted through reality by a pissed-off pink ghost's angry fists

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Nov 21, 2018

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
I'unno, I feel like getting the poo poo kicked out of you so hard that even being in a different dimension doesn't help is a pretty strong from of karmic retribution.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

But is it worse than never not dying?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Diavolo's "death" is the most disproportionate in the entire series. Dio just gets to be blown up, and he killed thousands of people. Diavolo dealt drugs and therefore is doomed to die over and over again for literally eternity.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Diavolo's "death" is the most disproportionate in the entire series. Dio just gets to be blown up, and he killed thousands of people. Diavolo dealt drugs and therefore is doomed to die over and over again for literally eternity.

Look the last bad guy Giorno fought got Muda'd for 4 full pages straight before being punched into a garbage truck. He had to top himself somehow.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

I'm pretty sure that Passione, and by extension Diavolo, killed a shitload of people too

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
i really don't think dio killed thousands of people. like, three hundred at most. maybe four.

diavolo tried to kill his daughter because she had the crime of Being Born so he can get mulched I don't care

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
like what, let's say ten police officers before he left town, three drunks, a dog. wind knight's lot had a population of 400~ but only 70 of them got turned into zombies. i'll be generous and say a hundred people on the boat that exploded, but I don't remember if erina was the only survivor. and then in part 3, he's alive again for like half a year just eating people and then he kills like 50 during the battle with jotaro

so maybe seven hundred if we really fudge the numbers

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

diavolo and his minions had a pretty drat high civilian body count
like, he hired ciocolatta

Augus fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Nov 21, 2018

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Patware posted:

anubis is cool but probably the absolute #1 stand that doesn't work within the established rules. anubis is from one piece

Les Feuilles is worse

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
I'm not sure what Araki improves more at in the next couple parts, crazy stand abilities or naming characters. Donatello Versus, Johngalli A, and Sports Maxx are incredible names. Then we get Funny Valentine, Hot Pants, Ringo Roadagain, and D-I-S-C-O.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Selling smack to kids, even if they're swole 30 y.o looking 13 year olds, means you're by default one of the worst human beings to ever live and deserve infinite death, so I think ol' Doppiovolo got his due

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Tetracube posted:

Les Feuilles is worse

i'm gonna say 'nah' on the grounds that Les Feuilles is still in a natural object. the people living on Shakedown Road aren't commanding the Stand itself, they just know about this weird poo poo that happens and take advantage of it

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Selling smack to kids, even if they're swole 30 y.o looking 13 year olds, means you're by default one of the worst human beings to ever live and deserve infinite death, so I think ol' Doppiovolo got his due

I still love that part 5 starts with the same plot as Black Dynamite (and 7 ends with a fight against the President like Black Dynamite).

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Darko posted:

I still love that part 5 starts with the same plot as Black Dynamite (and 7 ends with a fight against the President like Black Dynamite).

But Giorno, I sell drugs in the community!

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Diavolo was only in Hell for like 11 years, he's fine now.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Depending on how many times the world reset, there may in fact be multiple Diavolos, possibly as high as 4. Imagine Diavolo is displaced into the shoes of someone who is about to fall off of a cliff. He falls off, but another Diavolo appears behind him to fill that same place because someone just died there, and a third Diavolo shows up to take the second's place, and a fourth to take the third's, and then the first reappears as the fourth.

Gold Experience Requiem works the same way.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Funky Valentine posted:

Diavolo was only in Hell for like 11 years, he's fine now.

Resetting the universe saved all the guys in their personal hells including people like I am now a rock and the space vampire. Pucci is the best.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

pucci’s plan would’ve had him still get trapped in living hell but just be at peace with the fact that this is going to happen to him and there’s no stopping it. if anybody saved him from that fate it’d be emporio

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Damn it, why it does need to remain only four bullets!?

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Let's not forget that Passione, under Diavolo's leadership, was responsible for a 20-fold increase in drug-related crimes and deaths across Europe from 1986 to the 90s.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

I think the guy that got turned into a living book forever is the most disproportionate fate. Though Josuke probably doesn't see it as such after having his mom threatened.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Dude tried to kill his daughter and murdered Narancia so he deserves it imho. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Gruckles posted:

I think the guy that got turned into a living book forever is the most disproportionate fate. Though Josuke probably doesn't see it as such after having his mom threatened.

the guy who was super into scaring the absolute poo poo out of people so he could put them in tiny pocket prisons just in case he needed them later?

that dude was pretty bad