Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Roth posted:

"I haven't seen 101 Dalmations" is probably the worst thing Matt has ever said.

tbh I hadn't either until... last summer? This year?

I actually thought it was weird that I liked KH but hadn't seen the majority of the animated movies Disney put out so made an effort to watch most of them over the last two years. I just assumed it was supposed be magical reasons why a dog would have nearly 100 puppies instead of what actually happened.

Kicking myself for being a dumb broody teenager that thought they were too grown up for Disney movies because I missed out on Hunchback of Notre Dame for way too fuckin' long, movie rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Grouchio posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HxK9e2HFJk

I wonder if the simple answer is actually 'there's been a change of leadership within Sony and the new boss is more prudish. This may not cause a chain reaction at all.'

How did I know what most of the comments on that would be.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Phantasium posted:

tbh I hadn't either until... last summer? This year?

I actually thought it was weird that I liked KH but hadn't seen the majority of the animated movies Disney put out so made an effort to watch most of them over the last two years. I just assumed it was supposed be magical reasons why a dog would have nearly 100 puppies instead of what actually happened.

Kicking myself for being a dumb broody teenager that thought they were too grown up for Disney movies because I missed out on Hunchback of Notre Dame for way too fuckin' long, movie rules.

Man I'm so loving dumb I only just learned how old most of those movies are like three days ago. I had a ton of Disney vides when I was a kid so I didn't ever end up getting too elitist about that stuff. I was more worried about 'I'm gonna sit in the back, the visor says you can't be under 12 and sitting in the passenger seat.'

Yardbomb posted:

How did I know what most of the comments on that would be.

Yeah, the mighty hand of liberals once again removing *checks notes* 'visual novels' not really any by name and maybe possibly Catherine: Full Body's hardcore sexual content material 'not in any specific ways.

And like 4 comments posting the wise 19 year old Liam's opinion's of 'Yeah, they can do this and that's fine but they shouldn't have done it without warning and you shouldn't have to be submitting appeals A: in English and B: especially not if you're not even going to be releasing them in America at all'

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Roth posted:

"I haven't seen 101 Dalmations" is probably the worst thing Matt has ever said.

It's not a very good movie...

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Julias posted:

I think aristocats had more heart.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I liked the Rescuers Down Under

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

gently caress me i agree with grouchio

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I liked Treasure Planet.

I liked other Disney movies too but I feel like that one's less popular based on nothing besides youtube recommendations.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

RareAcumen posted:

I liked Treasure Planet.

I liked other Disney movies too but I feel like that one's less popular based on nothing besides youtube recommendations.

The story behind how Treasure Planet was made is also super interesting. It's a literal decades-long struggle between the two creators and the entire Disney executive sector. The fact that it was released at all is a miracle.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
I love The Great Mouse Detective. I would love to see that made into a world for KH. Even better if they found a way to work in Freya from FFIX.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

The story behind how Treasure Planet was made is also super interesting. It's a literal decades-long struggle between the two creators and the entire Disney executive sector. The fact that it was released at all is a miracle.

Well now I know what that 'Treasure Planet: Disney's biggest mistake' video that I keep seeing on and off every five days is about.

Rhonne posted:

I love The Great Mouse Detective. I would love to see that made into a world for KH. Even better if they found a way to work in Freya from FFIX.

On top of being just kinda slapdash about the plots anyway, I'm still grumpy that Atlantis: The Lost Empire, got no play.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Julias posted:

There's at least 101 dogs in it so that doesn't check out

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I'm EXTREMELY grumpy that Disney intentionally bombed Treasure Planet and it's one of the main reasons I hated the Disney brand passionately growing up.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Titan AE was great

No one? Okay... *shuffles dejectedly out of thread, kicks a rock on the way out*

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
with all the talk about darkness in kingdom hearts i hope matt is ready to pay metallica royalties

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Captain Invictus posted:

Titan AE was great

No one? Okay... *shuffles dejectedly out of thread, kicks a rock on the way out*

I remember liking it but I also remember nothing about it except that they name the planet Bob or something. I can't even remember how anything looked.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

RareAcumen posted:

On top of being just kinda slapdash about the plots anyway, I'm still grumpy that Atlantis: The Lost Empire, got no play.

Nadia's in the last SRW so that'd work. Not like those arn't in English these days.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Captain Invictus posted:

Titan AE was great

I liked it :shobon:

Also I'm catching up on the podcast and wowee that Gameboy discussion got heated :stare:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Oh wow, I totally forgot that Kingdom Hearts and Castlevania have the same jumping arcs.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
It's kinda amazing how hard DmC goes in when it comes to small-town adolescent rebellion fantasies. You can SEE the weird kid wearing a black hoodie and listening to Slipknot doodling this game on his notebook. It's as subtle as a goddamn sledgehammer and as clever as those kids really were.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

"Bruddah I'm just saying, we don't know who's in that caravan"

God I forgot how good woolie wakka is

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Captain Invictus posted:

Titan AE was great

The only thing I remember about the movie was the earth blowing up.

Capn Beeb posted:

Also I'm catching up on the podcast and wowee that Gameboy discussion got heated :stare:

Matt and Pat at were 100% right.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Monaghan posted:

Matt and Pat at were 100% right.

I don't think today (or that day when they had that debate) is opposite day :smug:

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Capn Beeb posted:

That and them immediately dunking on that guy who thought sleeping in jeans was normal was :discourse:

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Rodyle posted:

Pretty much every Woolie character is A+, it’s why The Council was great because it was just an excuse for flouncy nobleman voices all day.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Dias posted:

It's kinda amazing how hard DmC goes in when it comes to small-town adolescent rebellion fantasies. You can SEE the weird kid wearing a black hoodie and listening to Slipknot doodling this game on his notebook. It's as subtle as a goddamn sledgehammer and as clever as those kids really were.

It's also more tongue-in-cheek than anybody seems willing to admit, I think.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Dias posted:

come now, it's not Drawn to Death

Monaghan posted:

The only thing I remember about the movie was the earth blowing up.
I remember the bad guy (not the giant evil aliens) being exceptionally good at being evil for a kids movie

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Eh, I'mma need you to elaborate on that, there's very little I'd qualify as tongue-in-cheek in DmC's "takedown" of capitalism and mainstream media.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Rodyle posted:

"Multicultural, huh? Why you gotta complicate it?"

I was dying laughing.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Some of it is definitely tongue in cheek, but it's hard to really give the game any credit when the dialogue is so awful and they threw in these still image flashbacks that are so unironically self serious that characters like Penance would ask you to calm the gently caress down.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
i can't believe matt killed that guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5pgKeX9BFA

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

i can't believe he pinned it on woolie

fuckin' racist police at it again

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Treasure Planet is the best and I refuse to degrade it's awesomness just because the robot was obnoxious. Hunchback fans give it a pass despite the gargoyles all the time.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

God dammit, this Kingdom Hearts LP is just like God of War all over again; every episode feels like all the progress is right around the corner and then the episode ends!

Really keeps you excited for more and I hate it! I hate wanting things to come out instead of having them and being able to enjoy them at my leisure!

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

The KH LP is way better than I thought it was going to be, they're having a lot of fun with the game.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I'd rather them be having fun while being bad at a game than borrd while playing alright. Hopefully they stay interested.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
funky fresh beats

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Captain Baal posted:

Some of it is definitely tongue in cheek, but it's hard to really give the game any credit when the dialogue is so awful and they threw in these still image flashbacks that are so unironically self serious that characters like Penance would ask you to calm the gently caress down.

Yeah, I'm not giving them any credit whatsoever for execution, it's more that you can tell a lot of the game's tone at its core is not meant to be taken sincerely but they didn't have the skill to create a skillful parody or even an entertaining one. Its not a "so satirical it mirrors actual edgelord camp" thing, it's just nonsense by people who thought they were sophisticated enough to condescend to people but really weren't.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
http://idreaminpixels.tumblr.com/post/180350726890/oryctes-rifleweeb-neyhaz-battyposa-when

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Kingdom hearts is the best LP in a while