Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Bigass Moth posted:

I guess the relevant question would be when and where it was taken. That would be spoilers I’m sure.

Looks like a library. Fuckin nerds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Bigass Moth posted:

This is the picture that got him in trouble? Why?

It was posted to Instagram, I think before the contestants were officially announced.

IANAL but apparently it broke the NDA they have.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

Is an Instagram poll really a measure of "casual favorite"?

Certainly more casual than us! :reject:

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Frustrated posted:

My position on Christian has changed a lot after this last episode. Maybe it was the edit but they made it look like Christian got word he was in trouble and instead of even attempting to politic his way out of it he just curled up and accepted his fate. Nick and Davie had to hatch the plan to save him, and while Christian could have just been hamming it up to not give away the blindside, and they could have edited out a lot of conversations between Davie, Nick, and Christian, it does feel like he was overwhelmed by the moment and got saved.
I don't know if Christian should have done something different to save himself, but my position on his placement in the game did change in this episode. His relationships with John and Dan, which seemed impressive for a guy like him, came to nothing, as he needed Nick to fill him in on the incoming blindside, and those guys went ahead and voted against him. Moreover, he seemed way more taken by surprise by the revelation than I would've thought. I'm not turning on him or saying he sucks or anything but at that moment he didn't really have a good grasp of the game state and his cross-tribe relationships didn't help. This is after I'd wager he had a chance to assuage Mike White's fears about Gabby and failed; that's mostly on Mike White and Gabby but the fact that Mike went to him there tells me some sort of recovery might have been possible. Instead Mike led the campaign against him.

At the same time he's been good enough socially that now everyone thinks he's a super threat, so he raised his threat level without getting anything to show for it really. It might not really be his fault... you want to be good socially to get the connections, and he succeeded in that, but they just didn't pull through for him so it was like the worst of all worlds... if he was a little more awkward, maybe people wouldn't be targeting him; if he was a little more smooth, maybe he wouldn't have been set up for a blindside that other people had to save him from.

That being said, he was set up well enough that Nick did come through for him as did Davie, so that's something! I just don't see him making it to the end now with the target he's got on him. His placement isn't quite good enough to get past that anymore now that Strike Force collapsed and John went.

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Nov 19, 2018

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, he didn't really do much wrong in that episode (although I'd continue to argue that he was a bit of a mess in Tribal and shouldn't have gotten in a fight with Angelina) but regardless his game position obviously changed. He lost 2 "alliances" and 5 of his "allies" wrote his name down and he was only saved by the intervention of other players. That's bad. Hell, even John going is theoretically bad for the guy since he seems like one of the Goliaths most likely to be willing to work with Christian after everything shakes out.

if the Davids do what we expect them to do and flip the numbers then Christian should have a chance to rebuild. And the same skills he had in the first half should still be useful there. So I don't think he's dead in the water or anything. But he survived last week but not without getting bloody.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Nov 19, 2018

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Dugong posted:

A very similar challenge has been run on Australian Survivor during the pre-merge and it’s been great both times.
Yep it's fantastic. Except in Aus there's no forced drop outs every x minutes, which I think I prefer. Everything is up to the competitors.

Also sorry for editing my post so much, idk why i sometimes end up writing half of my poo poo after i've already hit submit.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Fast Luck posted:

Also sorry for editing my post so much, idk why i sometimes end up writing half of my poo poo after i've already hit submit.

I can't in any way imagine what this is like. Nope. No idea.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Bigass Moth posted:

This is the picture that got him in trouble? Why?

Relevant articles:

Alec in hot water.

Maybe Kara too.

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004

Are those spoiler-y at all beyond the now common knowledge regarding Alec being banned from the reunion for breaking the NDA?

Between this and her invisible edit, I think we can safely infer that Kara is not making the finals. Alec though...I don't know. He's getting a lot of screen time. Granted, he's driving a fair portion of the action - sort of hard to hide him in the most recent episode, for example - but his edit by-and-large seems favorable and prominent. And maybe he's the type to scoff in the face of logic, say "gently caress it" and mess with the show's rules even when he's sitting at FTC?

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

Vernacular posted:

Are those spoiler-y at all beyond the now common knowledge regarding Alec being banned from the reunion for breaking the NDA?

nope

PopZeus
Aug 11, 2010
If Kara doesn’t get punished though... couldn’t that point to her being in the final three? As in they wouldn’t want to ban one of the top contestants from participating in the reunion?

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Well if Alec is the one that posted the photo to instagram I don't see how they could really punish Kara for it. I bet they particularly wanted to make an example of Alec in this case because he also literally said "gently caress it" when he posted it, so he was clearly knowingly breaking his NDA. Still though I originally assumed it meant he was an early boot and have already been proved wrong. I guess production is showing they mean business and making an example out of him. Not sure they can unban him now? I wonder if he was already being difficult for them before this too...

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I assume they just didn't want to get in a dragged out fight over whether Kara knew she was breaking the NDA or have more people on the cast axed. Alec not only is the one who actually posted stuff but his "gently caress it" implies he knew he was breaking the NDA. So he's just a message for future "gently caress it" Survivors.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
God drat what an episode, congrats to me for managing to not catch a spoiler in a week, and I love that edit, they set that up so nicely. Appropriate that my biggest mark out moment in years came for Johnny Mundo but drat I was hoping he'd go a lot deeper than this. But it's hard not to cheer for Christian.

Khanstant posted:

I hated wrestleman at first, but he was definitely my least disliked Goliath by the end of it. Seems kind of like a pattern for Pro Wrestlers, or maybe you just don't hear much from the pro wrestlers who are huge dickbags irl.

Also, I'm watching season 1 right now for kicks and it's cool to see how the show has evolved and also neat because none of these people really have a frame of reference for how to play the game and poo poo yet. Also someone got voted off because some dingus is just voting in alphabetical order?!?

Wrestlers absolutely can be scumbags but Johnny has been talked about well for a long time. And I wasn't surprised he got on with Christian because he's been on the indy circuit for ages and some indies are basically just underwear larping with nerdiest of nerds.

Rick fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Nov 21, 2018

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

john is one of the earliest in a generation of new school pro wrestlers that are just overall nice people rather than the earlier generation carnies who would defecate into each other's clothing and threaten to sodomize younger wrestlers while defending it as "it's just a rib, bro"

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Took down the mayor of Slamtown.

Got his jacket.

Davie is my new favorite.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Its too bad Davie hasn't gotten much screen time thus far...

Saveron_01
Dec 27, 2004
Survivor: Its all about the balls.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Alec. :allears:

It's amazing how sure we all were that he was some pre-merge douchebag who would have no impact on the season.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Christian finding an idol is better than Dan finding a 13th, I guess.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Off-topic: I have never hated anything the way I hate those animated talking emoji heads. It's not even in a "those darn kids! :argh:" way. There's something genuinely off-putting about them. It's like they shouldn't be uncanny valley, but they kind of are.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

I love all of the davids sitting in a semicircle sharing their advantages, Gabby cackling

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
We're going to get another :tviv: tribal again aren't we?

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

Or they will blow between one and three advantages in a single tribal

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

They should burn two. Vote steal, idol nullifier, and take the one for sure vote.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Oh my god I love this David’s alliance

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

:suspense:

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Oh drat, the nullifier actually hosed someone over...

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Hahahaha this season loving rulessssss

Saveron_01
Dec 27, 2004
Dan, can I have your jacket?

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

I was convinced they were gonna take out Alison to keep Kara and Dan both in the game

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Got 'im. :clint:

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

this godDAMN season

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

curiousCat posted:

They should burn two. Vote steal, idol nullifier, and take the one for sure vote.

Psychic Steve over here

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Shneak posted:

this godDAMN season

this has been a really, really good season, last two episodes especially

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Dan played two idols in two weeks and had challenge immunity for one of them and still got voted out :lol:

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
A fairly predictable vote (there was no way a Goliath wasn't going home this week), but at least the playing field is even again.

Angelina might come back with a vengeance? At least that's what I'm feeling. She had a more quiet episode, and I doubt she's gonna go out with a whimper. And based on the next week's preview, we're finally seeing more tension between the Davids, which is good; makes it less of a reverse Pagonging.

I'm wondering why Alison lost her vote though. Was it to fool Dan? Or because they don't trust her?

mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008

ApplesandOranges posted:

A fairly predictable vote (there was no way a Goliath wasn't going home this week), but at least the playing field is even again.

Angelina might come back with a vengeance? At least that's what I'm feeling. She had a more quiet episode, and I doubt she's gonna go out with a whimper. And based on the next week's preview, we're finally seeing more tension between the Davids, which is good; makes it less of a reverse Pagonging.

I'm wondering why Alison lost her vote though. Was it to fool Dan? Or because they don't trust her?

I was trying to figure this out for a while and I think I may have figured it out. Of the 3 pre-merge idol, the green one is the only one unaccounted for. Christian and Gabby know they don't have it. If John has it, it's gone. If Dan has it, it doesn't matter what he does with it because he's getting nullified and voted out. The only other person who could have it is Alison; by stealing her vote you potentially spook her into playing her idol if she has it. By stealing Alison and nullifying/voting Dan they are pretty much guaranteed the green idol is flushed out of the game.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
The music was great this episode. I love the editing.

Also lol at Allison’s, “I need to make a big move. My big move will be fading into the background and voting with Goliath.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004

mancalamania posted:

I was trying to figure this out for a while and I think I may have figured it out. Of the 3 pre-merge idol, the green one is the only one unaccounted for. Christian and Gabby know they don't have it. If John has it, it's gone. If Dan has it, it doesn't matter what he does with it because he's getting nullified and voted out. The only other person who could have it is Alison; by stealing her vote you potentially spook her into playing her idol if she has it. By stealing Alison and nullifying/voting Dan they are pretty much guaranteed the green idol is flushed out of the game.

Good call.

The Davids have been so tuned in these last two TC's, just making all the right moves.

I guess Alec and Kara felt like they needed to make a show of good faith to the Davids once the majority had been flipped? Which seems like kind of a bad look/too-little-too-late at first glance as they've been wishy washy AF with them and you'd think those bridges would be burned-ish, but maybe not. There are criticisms to be leveled at Mike about his recent gameplay, but at least he stuck with his guns this time, and maybe either he or Angelina can squeak by until the inevitable David breakdown. Though I suspect he'll be the next target.

Speaking of Angelina, there's no way she works with Alec/Allison/Kara again after this, right? Next episode has to be the two Goliath factions lobbying the Davids to get the others off first.

Vernacular fucked around with this message at 10:52 on Nov 22, 2018