Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Just loving Nailed the ICA Training mission... Oh hell yeah bros. Follow that rear end for top tier Hitmen gmeplay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Thsi games is i epic.s

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Wormskull posted:

Just loving Nailed the ICA Training mission... Oh hell yeah bros. Follow that rear end for top tier Hitmen gmeplay.

Wormskull posted:

Thsi games is i epic.s

Wormskull posted:

Swithcing to overwatbc .

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
The first elusive target is in less than 24 hours

*bathrobe slowly opens while browsing MrFreeze2244's channel*

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

MeatwadIsGod posted:

The first elusive target is in less than 24 hours

*bathrobe slowly opens while browsing MrFreeze2244's channel*

lmfao

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

goferchan posted:

The random NPC lines are so good. Someone just said "Can you believe this guy? What a flippin' dildo!" after I split someone's head open with a battle axe

I'm still playing through Hitman 2016 before moving on to this one, and I overheard some guys in Colorado talking about a disaster at a fashion show in Paris where 70 people were lured to an electrified puddle and killed.

I'm kind of coming around to Colorado not being that bad of a map, except for having to go into the tornado shelter every time. No idea how to SASO just yet though.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Colorado was my favorite map when I just went through each one once. It doesn’t hold up as well to repeated playthroughs but the first time through the dense, target-rich map was a fun change of pace

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Aston posted:

I'm still playing through Hitman 2016 before moving on to this one, and I overheard some guys in Colorado talking about a disaster at a fashion show in Paris where 70 people were lured to an electrified puddle and killed.

That one is cool because I think it's a direct reference to a youtube video someone made back when only the first episode was out and they got a body count of exactly 70 with a puddle -- now canonized forever thanks to episodic gaming

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

And patch notes https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-2-game-update-2-11/

"The knowledge of a target will no longer count against the Silent Assassin rating. To clarify, if a target spots you before you kill them, the SA rating is still awarded. However, if the target’s knowledge is shared to any other NPC, the SA rating is not awarded."

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
That's a great change. Kinda bummed that the Terminus suit is getting recycled as a reward. Give me something silly like Hitman's Sicillian gardener outfit from Hitman 2:SA

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

So there's no incentive besides bragging rights to SASO an elusive target, right? Just Silent Assassin? Also drat you can't blow up security camera by hucking hammers at them anymore. Don't know if that worked in the first game but I've been enjoying that feature on Hokkaido runs lately

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

goferchan posted:

So there's no incentive besides bragging rights to SASO an elusive target, right? Just Silent Assassin?

Yeah that's how its always been. There's gonna be 2 challenges added to the game for every ET, Normal and SA.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol I'm gonna miss these

We’ve fixed an issue where the ICA Tripwire Mine would behave erratically if placed in an Agency Pickup. Essentially, the mine would be activated before 47 could pick it up and it would kill him if he tried.

We’ve fixed a visual issue that would occur when Agent 47 would start a mission in a blend-in pose and hold the briefcase. He’s probably just happy that it’s back again and doesn’t want to let it go. Either way, the briefcase will now start next to 47, rather than in his hands.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Being able to blow up cameras by throwing wrenches and hammers at them was really nice too. You had to hit them at a very specific point but NPCs wouldn't get alerted by it, they'd just call you out for littering as you chucked tool after tool at a security camera

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I can't believe I never thought to try that.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sean Bean is tonight? I've still only played Miami and Colombia, I'm ready to tackle an ET I think.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

Sean Bean is tonight? I've still only played Miami and Colombia, I'm ready to tackle an ET I think.

It's live right now.... about to dive in

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Wow they put a ton of effort into this ET, seems like a bunch of new dialogue and unique kills. Also the way it plays out makes me think that the ETs are going to have their own little storyline continuity which is cool

edit: yeah i recommend reading the targets intel bio and listening to all the conversations you can in this because the writing is great

goferchan fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Nov 20, 2018

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Its loving epic you can do the heath lodger joker kill to sean bean

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

the pen you unlock is pretty cool lol

https://twitter.com/IOInteractive/status/1065039590275391490

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I loved that elusive target and wish I could replay it. There's tons of great dialog in it. It almost seems like elusive targets might have an interconnected story this time.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

I wonder if the polish on this elusive target was because it’s the first one or if they’re going to keep it up throughout

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
I missed the elusive target because I tried to kill the scientist and disguise as him and a guard opened the door in the middle of it. Just great

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

ABout to try the ET. WIsh me luck. To many big beers lol.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I'll give it a try on stream a little later.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dave Ready is such a good greasebag.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I failed bc a guard walked into the bathroom while i was drowning him. I've never seen them do that before thats loving bullshit

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You calso cant cancel that animation so I just had to watch as I slowly died.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
It'd be cool if the next elusive target is a Marino family crime boss since 47 mentioned the agency would hold up their end of the bargain in exchange for Dave Ready's help.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

MeatwadIsGod posted:

It'd be cool if the next elusive target is a Marino family crime boss since 47 mentioned the agency would hold up their end of the bargain in exchange for Dave Ready's help.

what if its sean bean 5 times in a row, once in each level

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

Lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

What if they made you kill Tony Soprano.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Elusive target whip, so nervous.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

elf help book posted:

MeatwadIsGod posted:

I think both these are true. Next one is gonna be Columbia but we're definitely getting more Sean Bean for sure

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

In Training posted:

I failed bc a guard walked into the bathroom while i was drowning him. I've never seen them do that before thats loving bullshit

Mfao failed by trying to be careful i was just knocking mfers out and leaving their rear end on the floor and i jokered sean bean with the pen and left his rear end on the floor too and walked to the exit without anybody finding a body

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

elf help book posted:

By the end hes just wrapped in bandages like that guy in hokkaido and you have to kill him five times in the last level like rasputin

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

drat Miami owns. I'm gonna unlock a few more things before I start the ET but just the intro for it showed me like four routes and opportunities I never noticed or thought of in three runs. Everything just keeps clicking together... I hope the other levels are this good

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Mismi nails the vibe so hard its a joy to play. In particular i love the score, especially when the distant guitar kicks in as things are heating up, total eighties feel. Its cool how all the levels invoke a certain era as well as the location

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

https://twitter.com/VG247/status/1065580400171466752