Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Vince MechMahon posted:

Maybe it fits into a certain spot in continuity and they're numbering it as such?

That numbers are meant to line up with the main title, which just had a #700 special and will have eight regular series numbered issues between that and this. I wonder if they'll jump a 'leg' number when the monthly ships at the same time.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Nov 21, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Teenage Fansub posted:

That numbers are meant to line up with the main title, which just had a #700 special. I wonder if they'll jump a 'leg' number when the monthly ships at the same time.

It's a weekly and each of the 4 weeklies in February have a legacy number, the monthly written by Aaron does not.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Sure, but I think the monthly should contribute since the leg numbering was directly picked up from there, if only to highlight how silly it all is.
Those issues will probably be counted in to get Avengers #800 moved up six-ish months anyway.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Nov 21, 2018

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Teenage Fansub posted:

Sure, but I think the monthly should contribute since the leg numbering was directly picked up from there, if only to highlight how silly it all is.
Those issues will probably be counted in to get Avengers #800 moved up six-ish months anyway.

I do like the idea that there's some nerd who has to keep track of what comics with the word Avengers in the title count and what ones don't. I'm assuming none of the ones that also had the word West Coast or Great Lakes in their title did not. What about the Dark Avengers? Because I know they are definitely count at least some of the various versions of New, Mighty, All New All Different, Next and US. Not sure how Occupy Avengers fits in.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Skwirl posted:

I do like the idea that there's some nerd who has to keep track of what comics with the word Avengers in the title count and what ones don't. I'm assuming none of the ones that also had the word West Coast or Great Lakes in their title did not. What about the Dark Avengers? Because I know they are definitely count at least some of the various versions of New, Mighty, All New All Different, Next and US. Not sure how Occupy Avengers fits in.

Before this, only the main Avengers title counted

Avengers 1-402
Avengers v2 1-13
Avengers v3 1-84, 500-503
New Avengers 1-64
Avengers v4 1-34
Avengers v5 1-44
All New All Different Avengers 1-15
Avengers v6 1-11
Avengers 672-690
Avengers 1-10

That's 700. That means 11-13 is 701-703, but this new mini starts with 708. That tells me that 704-707 is Avengers 14-17. So this new mini slots in after Avengers 17.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

X-O posted:

Before this, only the main Avengers title counted

Avengers 1-402
Avengers v2 1-13
Avengers v3 1-84, 500-503
New Avengers 1-65
Avengers v4 1-34
Avengers v5 1-44
All New All Different Avengers 1-15
Avengers v6 1-11
Avengers 672-690
Avengers 1-10

That's 700. That means 11-13 is 701-703, but this new mini starts with 708. That tells me that 704-707 is Avengers 14-17. So this new mini slots in after Avengers 17.

They are quadruple shipping a book and not counting even the first run of Mighty Avengers? That means they figured out they missed an actual Avengers 700 way too late.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Skwirl posted:

They are quadruple shipping a book and not counting even the first run of Mighty Avengers? That means they figured out they missed an actual Avengers 700 way too late.

Mighty Avengers wasn't the main title at the time, so it doesn't count.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

X-O posted:

Mighty Avengers wasn't the main title at the time, so it doesn't count.

I'm talking about the BMB series post Civil War the first

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Skwirl posted:

I'm talking about the BMB series post Civil War the first

Yes I know, but New Avengers was still the main title at that time.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'm okay with them implicitly admitting that Iron Man was wrong.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

no Domino in the February solicits? :wth:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

:stonk: :stonk: :stonk: :stonk: :stonk::stonk: Immortal Hulk :stonk: :stonk: :stonk: :stonk: :stonk: :stonk: :stonk:

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

:psyduck:

Poor ol' Carl just can't catch a break.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Ewing is a bit more hit and miss for me than I know he is for some on here but his Hulk has been excellent throughout. That it's closer to a horror book makes it really stand out from a lot of the other superhero books on the shelves and it's the Marvel book I always find myself looking forward to reading any week it's out.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Yeah he said straight up when he got the book it was going to be a horror book. I'm not sure people really thought it would be to the extent it is though.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Immortal Hulk and the reforming bit where he absorbed the dude is the first on panel killing by The Hulk, right? I think literally everyone in the Avengers who fought him in the previous issue has a higher body count aside from Jen Walters and maybe Robbie Reyes.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Skwirl posted:

Immortal Hulk and the reforming bit where he absorbed the dude is the first on panel killing by The Hulk, right? I think literally everyone in the Avengers who fought him in the previous issue has a higher body count aside from Jen Walters and maybe Robbie Reyes.

Did Jen kill that town or just level it?

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
I never liked the idea that Hulk has spent all these years smashing various cites and people yet has somehow never killed anyone.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Dawgstar posted:

Did Jen kill that town or just level it?

I didn't actually read Hulk when it was about Jen, I just assumed she hadn't killed anyone. And Reyes killed Starbrand (on accident) so at the time Banner Hulk was the only person there who'd never killed anyone and The Avengers destroyed a town to capture him. To save a guy who'd killed four people and Hulk stopped before he could kill anyone else.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Starsnostars posted:

I never liked the idea that Hulk has spent all these years smashing various cites and people yet has somehow never killed anyone.

This has been retconned back and forth like 18 times.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
....there's, you know, his father. Who he killed. That's kind of a big one they never took away.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Rhyno posted:

This has been retconned back and forth like 18 times.

I wouldn't be shocked if it got retconned that it's just Cho's headcanon because he's such a fanboy.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
I always took it as Hulk never deliberately picked up a human and folded them into an envelope, while people probably die indirectly from him all the time.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

God, between Black Bolt and Hulk, Crusher Creel has been having a hell of a time lately.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Just read Hulk and Jesus Christ :barf:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Just finished West Coast Avengers, I feel like Jimmy Kimmel has been in a Marvel book before but I can't remember where. Anybody know? Was it Thompson's Hawkeye?

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Skwirl posted:

First graphic one maybe. In the early 70s Hulk was destroying submarines while they were underwater and similar clearly murdering people activities.

The 70s were good.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Jordan7hm posted:

First graphic one maybe. In the early 70s Hulk was destroying submarines while they were underwater and similar clearly murdering people activities.

The 70s were good.

Nice.

I still don't understand why the Avengers went after him. I get Danvers selling out someone whose saved the world a poo poo ton to protect loving Sasquatch, but I don't get Tony, Thor or Steve going along with it. Especially because of the Civil War 2 bullshit.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I think because at this point he's just an unknown. Hulk's been everything from dumb as a brick weapon to totally in control hero, and the last time any of them saw him was in No Surrender when he wasted a room full of his friends, and seemed totally conscious of doing it without any brainwashing or anything. They probably just want to see if he's a threat*. And (even if it's wrong information), their current intel shows the Hulk causing deadly incidents in his wake.

*Probably unrelated but justifiable in-universe, Amadeus Cho briefly turned heel a few months ago before having to get some gamma sucked out of him, and She-Hulk's only barely keeping herself from going total rage machine, so the Avengers might just be wary of Hulks in general.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Nov 22, 2018

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

TwoPair posted:

I think because at this point he's just an unknown. Hulk's been everything from dumb as a brick weapon to totally in control hero, and the last time any of them saw him was in No Surrender when he wasted a room full of his friends, and seemed totally conscious of doing it without any brainwashing or anything. They probably just want to see if he's a threat. And then, welp.

Yeah, but literally the last time they violently confronted Bruce Banner Clint "killed" him and it started Civil War 2, which ended up with Tony Stark in a coma. And it was all because of Carol Danvers being dumb.

Tony was in AA, he knows the phrase "the definition of insanity is repeating an action and expecting a different result." For that matter so does Carol Danvers.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Oh a new Hulk issue.

Oh.

Oh dear.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Y'all skip the last issue, or something?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

This is like the last issue but the opposite!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Has there ever been an issue of Bruce Banner Hulk that left you with a smile on your face? Wolverine probably has more happy stories.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The issue where they drop a crate of puppies on him

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Synthbuttrange posted:

The issue where they drop a crate of puppies on him

That's an Avengers story, isn't it?

I'm talking about his own series.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
PAD's run was pretty harrowing but it had some light moments. Rick Jones' bachelor party was a cute little downtime issue.

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.
Just before the last act of planet hulk, just before the last act of the Pantheon arc, just before the last act of jarella'e world...

There may be a pattern here...

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Skwirl posted:

That's an Avengers story, isn't it?

I'm talking about his own series.

Nah, that was his solo book, it was during his "gently caress you Bruce Banner is a brain on Stark or Richards' level so now he's building forcefields and poo poo" period. Was that Mark Waid who was writing it? I think it was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Wasn't Banner always at the Reed/Stark level? That's like half the tragedy of the whole thing. He's one of the smartest people on Earth but half the time he's a dumb monster that's stronger than literal gods. If he's not smarter than, I don't know, Peter Parker, why are we supposed to care about the Banner side of the equation?