Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

PEGGY: Who'd you kill?
WES: I killed myself. Or at least I might as well have, as bad as I feel about it. One night I went with my buddy Ray over to his friend's house, only he wasn't home. So I gave Ray a boost up to the window. He couldn't climb up and hold his gun at the same time -- that's why we were there, to return his friend's gun.
PEGGY: M-hm, I can see where this is going. Go on.
WES: So we get inside, and turns out the guy was home. He was screaming, alarms were ringing, and when a guy yells "Don't shoot," believe me, it has the opposite effect. I just panicked, and next thing I knew, his head was blown off.
PEGGY: It would be a comedy of errors if it wasn't so tragic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

TheKingslayer posted:

Fucks sake. I forgot Peggy gets suckered into multi level marketing twice.

No no...I said up to 30 pounds...UP TO.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

haljordan posted:

No no...I said up to 30 pounds...UP TO.

Well poo poo if we count that its three times.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Hihohe posted:

Theres only one man id take a bullet for, and hes home cookin my supper!

Fifteen minutes ago we were talking about microwaving a pizza! What happened here?

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
one of my favorite scenes in this show is after peggy falls out of the plane and cotton is at the hospital for his wife to give birth and comes in and sees peggy in the cast and says "what did you do to your wife? hank i didn't teach you that"

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

one of my favorite scenes in this show is after peggy falls out of the plane and cotton is at the hospital for his wife to give birth and comes in and sees peggy in the cast and says "what did you do to your wife? hank i didn't teach you that"

An extremely similar incident happened in 2015, a woman survived a failed parachute jump by landing in a ploughed field. In this case the husband tampered with the gear, and looks a bit like Mike Judge. The dude had failed in an earlier attempt to kill her with a gas explosion, but the article isn’t specific on the type of gas.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/jun/15/emile-cilliers-army-sergeant-jailed-for-tampering-with-wife-parachute

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

SilvergunSuperman posted:

PEGGY: Who'd you kill?
WES: I killed myself. Or at least I might as well have, as bad as I feel about it. One night I went with my buddy Ray over to his friend's house, only he wasn't home. So I gave Ray a boost up to the window. He couldn't climb up and hold his gun at the same time -- that's why we were there, to return his friend's gun.
PEGGY: M-hm, I can see where this is going. Go on.
WES: So we get inside, and turns out the guy was home. He was screaming, alarms were ringing, and when a guy yells "Don't shoot," believe me, it has the opposite effect. I just panicked, and next thing I knew, his head was blown off.
PEGGY: It would be a comedy of errors if it wasn't so tragic.

It's great comedy writing imo

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"It wasn't my fault that my first unconscious thought turned out to be-"
"Jesus, kid, what?"
"That something smelled delicious!"

Grimey Drawer

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

Cotton is definitely an emotional abuse guy
Fort Berk Academy nonwithstanding

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
The military academy epoisode may be my favorite cotton/bobby one

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Milo and POTUS posted:

In terms of overall episode quality I agree, but the cotton/bobby moments from his last (living) episode are tops:

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Milo and POTUS posted:

I have a love hate relationship with the military academy episode.

I absolutely love how much cotton loves Bobby, it’s one of my favorite parts of the show. But that episode takes a bit of that magic away.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Military academy is one of the few episodes that i just dont think is very good

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

like the episode as a whole or not the fact that bobby is impervious to this specific torture makes the bing bing/ging ging relationship shine

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

"If it's a contest over who's the better daddy, you win. You made Bobby. All I ever made was you."

That line is Shakespeare good.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
i told you about the time when i put on the giant pair of khakis and pretended i was little

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Nooner posted:

Military academy is one of the few episodes that i just dont think is very good

Nooner gonna noon, film at 11

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".
You made a bowl

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Tu Eres Puerca

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Hope everyone is watching 9 Pretty Darn Angry Men.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

TheKingslayer posted:

Hope everyone is watching 9 Pretty Darn Angry Men.

Hank spent more time defending Troy Aikman than his own mother!

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I let the autoplay run to A Firefighting We Will Go. Hank Hill is a filthy scab and will sadly have to be guillotined.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Today I tasted the meat, not the heat.

It was good.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
I carved the Turkey today. I could not resist saying "oh God it's so juicy! "

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Detective No. 27 posted:

Minh is definitely the cattiest of the wives.

And yet still did the right thing with the gun club.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

In the "Beer Can Named Desire" episode, Peggy has a line about Don Meredith passing to "Bullet" Bob Hayes and Lance "No Pants" Rentzel. I always figured Lance got that nickname over something stupid, like his pants falling down during practice or some poo poo. Welp, I finally went over to Wikipedia and apparently he earned that nickname after being arrested for exposing himself to a ten year old girl.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
well cowboys will be cowboys

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

Raskolnikov38 posted:

well cowboys will be cowboys

Golden Richards was a Dallas Cowboy.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

StupidSexyVaultGuy posted:

Golden Richards was a Dallas Cowboy.

He was a beautiful man. I knew him...briefly.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i just watched the bob's burger episode "aquaticism". it starts with the Dale's Dead Bug van and a joke about "pro-pain accessories". and then teddy, the weird awkward bald character, expressed unwelcome interest in the main character's wife. i have to think that's intentional, beyond just having some of the same staff.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

In my opinion, the day after Thanksgiving is the busiest shopping day of the year.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

i just watched the bob's burger episode "aquaticism". it starts with the Dale's Dead Bug van and a joke about "pro-pain accessories". and then teddy, the weird awkward bald character, expressed unwelcome interest in the main character's wife. i have to think that's intentional, beyond just having some of the same staff.

teddy is basically just more-together bill.

snack eater
Aug 25, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Teddy could never woo Ann Richards

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Hank spent more time defending Troy Aikman than his own mother!

Tilly didn't play on the cowboys

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

theres no way the bb team doesnt love koth

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Milo and POTUS posted:

theres no way the bb team doesnt love koth

Some of the people who now work on BB used to work on KotH. Most notably, Jim Dauterive. Here's a handy article from the official Bob's Burgers fan wiki:
http://bobs-burgers.wikia.com/wiki/Bob%E2%80%99s_Burgers/King_of_the_Hill_Connections

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

KiteAuraan posted:

teddy is basically just more-together bill.

No way. There are parallels but Teddy is mostly useless. Like Bill.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

No way. There are parallels but Teddy is mostly useless. Like Bill.

Teddy is actually good at handyman poo poo.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I've failed funnier kids than you would be my go to insult if i was a teacher

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Milo and POTUS posted:

Teddy is actually good at handyman poo poo.

Bill is supposed to be decent like the other guys at home improvement. Or at least know some things since he does pitch in at points. But then we see him goofing off or being too depressed to work on his own home, so it's questionable.