Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Reclines Obesily posted:

anthony cumia formerly of opie and anthony radio show, runs the network gavin is on

here he is (on the right) with his 17 year old ex girlfriend and her family

:wtc:

Seriously who would be fine with that?

Crowsbeak has issued a correction as of 05:28 on Nov 22, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
This picture is cancer

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Lollolololol loving Mark Dice. Dude got his start at Alex Jones under the pseudonym "John Connor" and literally styled himself after the character in Terminator 2 that warns about the rise of the Machines. By constantly warning about the government creating soulless killbots to enforce the Illuminati takeover when the new world order came to power and blah blah blah blah blah.

Eventually that premise wore a little thin even with 9-11 truthers so he switched over to the Mark Dice pseudonym. I haven't watched this entire video but so far it seems to be very well researched and right on the money. You really wouldn't know this stuff unless you were deep into the early internet conspiracy movement so its not surprising that very few people are aware of his origins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBdparoksYY

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
anthony cumia has an especially bad case of Rapid Conservative Ageing Syndrome. he's only 15 in that photo

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Baron Harkonenn keeps tumbling down the stairs

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/nov/21/steve-bannon-i-want-to-drive-a-stake-through-the-brussels-vampire-populist-europe

quote:

Bannon, Modrikamen and Kassam agreed they would not do business with Jobbik or Golden Dawn, the most far-right parties in Hungary and Greece respectively. But they soon ran into trouble over where to draw the line when recruiting parties that have neo-Nazi links or post-fascist roots.

quote:

It was around this time he began coming to Europe, testing out populist speeches in Zurich, Prague and Lyon. They did not always translate well. After he delivered one of his favourite lines, about the exploitation of 19th-century Russian serfs, there were confused looks in the audience. The French interpreter, it turned out, had said “Russian surfers”.

quote:

“I’m a populist, an American nationalist – I always want what’s best for the United States,” he said during one conversation in the Mayfair hotel. “But I am also from German descent and Irish descent. I spent a good part of my life in Asia – and here, right? My business interests were here; I virtually lived in London for much of the 90s, right? I sold my bank to a French bank. I have got great affinity for the working-class people of Europe.”

quote:

When Bannon told me in September he was advising Jair Bolsonaro, the far-right former military officer who ended up winning Brazil’s presidential race, he referred to him only as “the army paratrooper”. I asked Bannon the name of the Brazilian candidate. He looked stumped, then replied: “Botolini.”

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

check out how mad Tim Poo gets when you remove his dumb little hat lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KFzfK94i2I

Juul-Whip has issued a correction as of 08:44 on Nov 22, 2018

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

generalissimo Botulismo

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat

THC posted:

oh my god i wanna steal his loving hat so bad now

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

THC posted:

Yo that dude with the megaphone not missing a best to yell CAUSE YOURE A NAZI rules salute to a Comrade

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

quote:

I sold my bank to a French bank. I have got great affinity for the working-class people of Europe.

I love it. the working man’s bank owner.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

FCKGW posted:

Gab finally got a Bitcoin payment processor and then promptly lost it a few hours later

https://twitter.com/mdudas/status/1065363945748340736?s=21

https://twitter.com/mdudas/status/1065365633829871617?s=21

for those who don't follow that side - Tony Gallippi is a long-famous Bitcoin advocate and libertarian

with a fairly usual selection of libertarian interests and viewpoints

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
i'm thinking of that meme with the cop car that's not moving, then it's moving really fast. except it's the ADL and it's not moving when it comes to nazis but it's zooming when Airbnb pulls out of the west bank

https://twitter.com/ADL_National/status/1065253832240836612

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
btw, i did hear something interesting about the ADL in the 80s and 90s, how they actually paid off nazis to spy for them and also stood up phony groups as honeypots. scared the hell out of nazis back then. but the guys who were running the shop aren't around anymore.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

btw, i did hear something interesting about the ADL in the 80s and 90s, how they actually paid off nazis to spy for them and also stood up phony groups as honeypots. scared the hell out of nazis back then. but the guys who were running the shop aren't around anymore.

I figured that after Pittsburgh you'd see the JDL and ADL shift gears and go back into "gently caress fascism!" mode, but I haven't seen much evidence of it.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Zeroisanumber posted:

I figured that after Pittsburgh you'd see the JDL and ADL shift gears and go back into "gently caress fascism!" mode, but I haven't seen much evidence of it.

pretty sure they've just been shifted entirely to protecting Israeli capital from stuff like BDS and denouncing any negative responses to Palestinian genocide

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Fascists are really only interested in protecting capital and hierarchies. Any rhetoric about protecting people is window dressing. Thus the ADL screaming bloody murder at BDS but not at Nazis actually murdering Jews. See also: Nazis supporting Israel while simultaneously hating Jews.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

these folks are boycotting Panera Bread now

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

Fascists are really only interested in protecting capital and hierarchies. Any rhetoric about protecting people is window dressing. Thus the ADL screaming bloody murder at BDS but not at Nazis actually murdering Jews. See also: Nazis supporting Israel while simultaneously hating Jews.

They're only even interested in protecting capital so long as it kowtows to them. The dangerous bit is that capital will happily do so.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit
https://twitter.com/Drjohnhorgan/status/1065059937485754374?s=19

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

fool_of_sound posted:

They're only even interested in protecting capital so long as it kowtows to them. The dangerous bit is that capital will happily do so.

turns out the fascist's desire to create an oppressed underclass coexists real well with the capitalist's desire for cheap labor

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Aping Al-Qaida, I see.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

gone from facebook too

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

a.lo posted:

gone from facebook too

lol Jack and Zuck were fine with her slandering every single Muslim candidate nonstop all day every day, until those candidates won

now she's banned lmao

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Hehe I just finished reading that and came here to post about it - but I went to check out the intriguingly-named "Eco Fascist Order" and their wordpress is already gone, and all that remains is a fragment of a google preview that is essentially "we've been found out so we're running away."

fspades
Jun 3, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Like, I'm pretty sure 50% of members there are undercover FBI agents.

(The other half are cops too)

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

fspades posted:

Like, I'm pretty sure 50% of members there are undercover FBI agents.

(The other half are cops too)

This is probably true but not in the funny way

fspades
Jun 3, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Speaking of US fascists directly aping Al-Qaeda's model down to its name, I recommend everyone to read this extremely prescient 2002 article by J. Sakai I recently encountered. I know some people have strong opinions about him but his analysis of fascism and far-right movements is one of the best I've read, and everything happened after it was written seems to validate it:

https://kersplebedeb.com/posts/the-shock-of-recognition/

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

more

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Getting disowned by your family to own the libs.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug
lol yeah right "secretive"
it wouldn't be out of character for the fbi to have set this whole thing up as a honeypot to get information

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Dead Beef posted:

lol yeah right "secretive"
it wouldn't be out of character for the fbi to have set this whole thing up as a honeypot to get information

it also wouldn't be out of character for the fbi to have set the whole thing up to help nazis

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

You're a drugged-out murderer, John.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Zeroisanumber posted:

You're a drugged-out murderer, John.

violent rapist too

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene
i thought he was just a rich dude losing his mind making drugs in belize

when did he rape and murder? his wiki doesn't seem to mention it

e- so he's a murder because he killed his neighbor according to a showtime doc? why isn't he arrested?

Morphix has issued a correction as of 02:21 on Nov 23, 2018

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

he’s a rich(?) white dude

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene

a.lo posted:

he’s a rich(?) white dude

he also got raided by the belize govt for smuggling drugs so it's not like he's untouchable

quote:

Steve Greene of IndieWire said, 'This film works best as an indictment of a sensationalist, tunnel-vision brand of media coverage that confuses eccentricity for legitimacy and eschews reporting in favor of the face-value testimony of a strong personality.'[6]

quote:

McAfee described the documentary as fiction,[7] and four of McAfee's associates from Belize alleged that documentary producers misled them about their motives and coerced them into filming interviews.[8]

and what's the rape poo poo, there doesn't seem to be any mention of it anywhere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

well this is one way to defend that MS senator's hanging comments:

https://twitter.com/ByronYork/status/1065596492294090752