Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 27 days!)

Algund Eenboom posted:

There's no need for bin Salman to be the specific crown prince if another creep monarch is perfectly willing to sell off Saudi Aramco and ally with Israel against Iran. I feel like eventually he'll be "ousted" in one way or another, to teach their government and others a lesson. Or maybe this whole thing is just some weird slapfight between two parts of the executive branch and it'll amount to nothing

bin Salman seems to have the internal politics of Saudi Arabia wrapped up though. There's no family member he won't torture or kill to cement his seat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

you guys ever wonder what happened to that virulently anti-assad saudi guy who used to post here lol

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

R. Guyovich posted:

you guys ever wonder what happened to that virulently anti-assad saudi guy who used to post here lol

hahahaha yeah sometimes

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

R. Guyovich posted:

hopefully nothing gruesome

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
It's refreshing to have a us leader who is honest about the relationship

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

you don't get a handle like abu rasasa if you're the kinda person who can be 'ousted'

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

R. Guyovich posted:

If its who I'm thinking of I'm pretty sure they're still posting on other forums. I'm surprised they haven't scrubbed their accounts because they've definitely posted a lot of anti monarchy stuff that could get them in trouble but they probably know better than me how to Safe Posting

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

R. Guyovich posted:

al-Saqr?

I remember a couple of times people told him to be careful, and he was like, "I'm just a neckbeard posting from my mom's basement, no one gives a gently caress lol"

welp

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
if you come at the Lion you better not miss

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

http://www.atlanticcouncil.org/about/experts/list/eliot-higgins

https://twitter.com/MarkAmesExiled/status/1065345115215011845

THS
Sep 15, 2017

oh hell ya i didnt know he was on the website now

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lol the last brownmoses post I read he was saying he was completely unaffiliated

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

Lol the last brownmoses post I read he was saying he was completely unaffiliated

Where at? All I could find was this post from a couple months ago:

Brown Moses posted:

I expect he's thinks that's the funding we get from NED. Also, Bellingcat receives no funding from the Atlantic Council, our funders are NED, Open Society Foundations, Adessium, and PAX for Peace, and about half our income comes from workshops, as recently profiled in The New Yorker.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh that was it, sorry my haters bias distorted that a bit

THS
Sep 15, 2017

it’s an incredible grift tho, gotta hand it to him

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

that's not grift, that's just being a willing tool

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

His line has always been that he never worked for the Atlantic Council, just with the Atlantic Council. :thunk:

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Flavahbeast posted:

Where at? All I could find was this post from a couple months ago:

I receive no funding from the Atlantic Council. I do, however, receive funding from the CIA's rebranded slush fund. Checkmate, fuckers.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

R. Guyovich posted:

I receive no funding from the Atlantic Council. I do, however, receive funding from the CIA's rebranded slush fund. Checkmate, fuckers.

its completely transparent to people who follow up on what those names stand for. which is nobody in D&D, so,

THS
Sep 15, 2017

R. Guyovich posted:

In my second job, which is unrelated to my main job, I get a check, which is unrelated to uh, myself

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
western wikileaks

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
i thought every mod had a dark money political organization behind them?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I wish

THS
Sep 15, 2017

the mod to think-tank pipeline which we all know and love

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Did I miss out on dodgy funded money by being gbs mod

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Jose posted:

Did I miss out on dodgy funded money by being gbs mod

arguably you literally did, yes

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
i am friends IRL with two people who made their month's rent during slow seasons as chefs posting amazon referral links in GWS and this was in the quaint days of like 2014-ish

people who talk like the last american election was some watershed moment in astroturfed social media are loving adorable

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
by the way if you just need a blender to make a smoothie after the gym or whatever don't spend $450 usd on a commercial grade vitamix you loving moron, no matter what a goon tells you, lmao

THS
Sep 15, 2017

i liked the part where we murdered a million people for no good reason, but there were insanely cool planes and tanks

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

wait... was brownmoses an actual cia psy-op on these here forums, or was his posting so bad that the cia decided to fund it?

where does evilweasel fit into all of this?

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

THS posted:

the mod to think-tank pipeline which we all know and love

i would unironically love to work for the 中共中央政策研究室

THS
Sep 15, 2017

R. Guyovich posted:

i would unironically love to work for the 中共中央政策研究室

what does that mean

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

THS posted:

what does that mean

Exactly.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

THS posted:

what does that mean

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_Policy_Research_Office

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
Mao Ze Homework calls the 56th communist congress to order with a rallying cry for every communists to be utterly insufferable on the internet!!!!!

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

way ahead of you

jfood posted:

wait... was brownmoses an actual cia psy-op on these here forums, or was his posting so bad that the cia decided to fund it?

where does evilweasel fit into all of this?

he was posting dumb bullshit that said the things they already wanted him to say, so they hooked him up with some loudspeakers and more money than he got for sitting on the couch. standard procedure basically.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Baloogan posted:

Mao Ze Homework calls the 56th communist congress to order with a rallying cry for every communists to be utterly insufferable on the internet!!!!!

he'd be too busy locking up students who study marxism and deciding he had some good ideas

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
home ex did nothing wrong!!!!!

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

pretty weird way to defend Brown Moses but ok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

svenkatesh