Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

This one is slightly misleading because he was acquitted of [i]involuntary[i] manslaughter, but the voluntary manslaughter charges are still on the table. Unfortunately, he was already acquitted of murder back in... April? I think? Hopefully round 3 will finally bring some justice, but I'm not holding my breath.

Stickman fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Nov 22, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Fulchrum posted:

When in the last 20 years did Dems have the level of power needed to enact a full on constitutional rewrite that would let them abolish the electoral college? Come on, point it out for the class.

Increasing the size of the House of Representatives would go a long way. And popularizing the National Popular Vote Interstate Compact.

The Democrats also aren't doing much to ensure free & fair elections where they have control. Voting computers are a terrible idea, and all those systems for submitting counted votes seem horribly insecure.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Fulchrum posted:

When in the last 20 years did Dems have the level of power needed to enact a full on constitutional rewrite that would let them abolish the electoral college? Come on, point it out for the class.

Wow you really knocked over their feeble argument pins with your smooth like a bowling ball brain.

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

Fulchrum posted:

I guess the only way Dems could have done far more to fight gerrymandering, or even turned out their base in record numbers against gerrymandering, is by abolishing the EC? Please.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

SpeakSlow posted:

Why is Prester Jane suddenly pushing for a Compaction Cycle for the Left?

she's not. the people she spoke ill of are nowhere near the left at all.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

A quote from a Guardian article about how British food safety standards are likely to be fed into a woodchipper post-Brexit in our incompetent government's desperation to get a trade deal with the US. First laffo: the country that produces the "safest" food in the world literally yesterday issued a recall-and-destroy order on all romaine lettuce because of an untraced E.Coli infection. Seriously, you can't even grow loving lettuce safely? Second laffo: doesn't the part underlined in red sound a lot like a threat? "You'll buy our inhumanely farmed, hormone-laced, chlorine-washed, corner-cutting lovely food and like it!"

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

KickerOfMice posted:

Remember when Loomer exploded on twitter about filthy liberals slashing her tires, and then she posted a pic and her tire was just really really old and had popped?

Isn't that and getting banned from Uber and Lyft the only notable things she's done?

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Payndz posted:

First laffo: the country that produces the "safest" food in the world literally yesterday issued a recall-and-destroy order on all romaine lettuce because of an untraced E.Coli infection. Seriously, you can't even grow loving lettuce safely?

Growing lettuce isn't the hard part. The hard part is processing it. After it is picked, it goes through many stages. It is washed, rinsed, chopped, weighed, bagged, etc. etc. The steps are different at every manufacturer, and and at every step of the way, different people handle the product, and many of those people are undocumented workers who don't speak English and/or don't know how to write, so they don't keep logs or otherwise communicate problems.

That's why it's insanely difficult to trace outbreaks to a specific source.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

mcmagic posted:

I downloaded instagram to try to watch AOC's videos and I can't figure out how to use it. So I guess I'm old now.

the only app with worse design than instagram is snapchat. finding the videos you've liked on instagram takes something like four screens to get to.

talk of increasing the house always makes me think of how stupid the wyoming rule proposal is. even trebling the size of the house would be too little (but a decent start) but the wyoming rule would only add ~100 seats. in the uk each member of the house of commons represents ~100,000 britons.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1065575219576926208 Love how he always fucks up. Also https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1065576088779272192

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i said it on twitter when some right winger tried to defend trump by saying we allied nast people like stalin to beat the nazis! but the better analogy would be joining up with tojo after pearl harbor.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

mcmagic posted:

I downloaded instagram to try to watch AOC's videos and I can't figure out how to use it. So I guess I'm old now.

You don't need to download anything. You can create an account and view it in a browser. https://www.instagram.com/ocasio2018/

There are a lot of apps like Snapchat that don't work on PCs even in browser, though, and I only got a smartphone compatible with my cheapo $8/month phone service with sufficient data for apps that aren't vital (e.g. Google Maps when I'm lost) in 2018, so I've never used Snapchat and I don't really want to use it anyway.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

I'm thinking more and more that the Saudis must have their own version of the pee tape.

Either that, or the Orb knows something, and Trump knows that the Orb knows it.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

enraged_camel posted:

I'm thinking more and more that the Saudis must have their own version of the pee tape.

The orb knows all and sees all

When trump laid hands on it he instantly knew its terrible power and knew his only hope was to serve it

Condiv fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Nov 22, 2018

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

enraged_camel posted:

Alternatively, Trump is a corrupt sociopath with the same understanding of the world as a toddler

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

this aint a trump thing it's an america thing. he's just saying the quiet part loud.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Republicans posted:

Isn't that and getting banned from Uber and Lyft the only notable things she's done?

:lol: yes. Other than be a weirdo infowars darling.

Fulchrum posted:

Umm, thats called a coffin.

O ye of little faith. :colbert:

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

enraged_camel posted:

Surely by now you realize that Trump is enough of an amoral idiot that he doesn't need any outside reason.

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug
Trump makes sense when you realize that his entire world view is centered around himself. When he says something is good for America he means it’s good for him. In his mind he’s the president, therefore he IS America. It isn’t any deeper than that...and his authoritarians go along with it because they believe the same thing.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
That and American politicians, certainly not just Trump, can be basically bribed with a nickel.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Ghost Leviathan posted:

That and American politicians, certainly not just Trump, can be basically bribed with a nickel.

That's what I'm thinking. Trump's entire world is transactional, and one chopped up journalist (from an outlet that was critical of him anyhow,) is a small price to pay.

Rabble posted:

Trump makes sense when

Nope.

but you're right.

KickerOfMice fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Nov 22, 2018

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I feel like we need to invent special new vocabulary to describe POTUS's communications. Saying even something as neutral as "It's understandable" implies a degree of unintended sympathy for those views I find uncomfortable. What's a better way to describe insight into how someone thinks but at the cost of your sanity?

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Fulchrum posted:

No, you are exactly as culpable, you are just exactly as culpable for more deaths. It doesn't matter if your purity crusade made you feel better, you still caused much much more misery and death by handing power over to people who gleefully do much worse things, you just did it while stroking your own ego.

And great job just devolvng to the "SMASH THING!" response. Yes, I'm sure THIS time you try that, unlike every other goddamn time in human history, it won't just magnify the problems dozens of times over.

Wrong. You're making a conscious choice to legitimize the "less evil" option by participating in the process. "Pragmatism" is a cute way to assuage guilt for endorsing lesser atrocities, but a choice to not participate at all is arguable as moral or more so

Ate My Balls Redux fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Nov 22, 2018

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Fulchrum posted:

No, you are exactly as culpable, you are just exactly as culpable for more deaths. It doesn't matter if your purity crusade made you feel better, you still caused much much more misery and death by handing power over to people who gleefully do much worse things, you just did it while stroking your own ego.

And great job just devolvng to the "SMASH THING!" response. Yes, I'm sure THIS time you try that, unlike every other goddamn time in human history, it won't just magnify the problems dozens of times over.

In which case you are also culpable for everything. Which whilst a valid metric therefore means if you are just as guilty for going for the "safe" option, should we not go for things we actually believe in? Like your argument is a perfect sphere. I get why certain people think the equivilant of "From hells heart I stab at thee, For hates sake I spit my last breath at thee". Because you are the type of person to engender that kind of easy access loathing.

I mean if the thing is fundamentally wrong, why is it more moral to maintain it than destroy it? I mean maintaining things also leads to the same problems repeating, perhaps trying something new isn't so bad.

Rabble posted:

Trump makes sense when you realize that his entire world view is centered around himself. When he says something is good for America he means it’s good for him. In his mind he’s the president, therefore he IS America. It isn’t any deeper than that...and his authoritarians go along with it because they believe the same thing.

"L'etat C'est Moi"

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
https://twitter.com/cnnpolitics/status/1065283944457871361?s=21

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
I wonder if he apologized for backing Rahm as mayor.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
E Coli is Painless

enraged_camel posted:

Growing lettuce isn't the hard part. The hard part is processing it. After it is picked, it goes through many stages.

And I can take or leave them as I pleeeeeeeease

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Ardennes posted:

I wonder if he apologized for backing Rahm as mayor.

He should apologize too for appropriating public park land for his starfleet academy presidential library and using it as a nucleus for further gentrification of the south side

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

enraged_camel posted:

Growing lettuce isn't the hard part. The hard part is processing it. After it is picked, it goes through many stages. It is washed, rinsed, chopped, weighed, bagged, etc. etc. The steps are different at every manufacturer, and and at every step of the way, different people handle the product, and many of those people are undocumented workers who don't speak English and/or don't know how to write, so they don't keep logs or otherwise communicate problems.

That's why it's insanely difficult to trace outbreaks to a specific source.

This is akin to what happened to Chipotle a year or two ago. Their cilantro is hard to wash due to all of the folds and crevices on the plant and this means that the ecoli was able to stick to it. However, ecoli comes from feces and that feces originally hiring migrant workers and forcing them t work so hard that they need to poo poo out in the fields. You're probably seeing the same supply chain problems again where that lettuce is just not well enough inspected, itf at all.

ascii genitals
Aug 19, 2000

Yes America has lovely labor laws and regulations, we know that.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1065581119242940416

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1065583286188158976

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
The Gavin McInnes video is art.

https://twitter.com/mattdpearce/status/1065375147383615489?s=21

“Has anyone considered that there was an element of humor in all of this?” ~spoken over the writhing body of a man being beaten senseless by 5 grown men at a white nationalist rally.

The man takes paaaaaaaains throughout the video to explain this gesture is entirely symbolic for the courts. Here is the proud boys legal defense:

https://goo.gl/images/zLLDGdl

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Nov 22, 2018

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Chilichimp posted:

“Has anyone considered that there was an element of humor in all of this?” ~spoken over the writhing body of a man being beaten senseless by 5 grown men at a white nationalist rally.

The man takes paaaaaaaains throughout the video to explain this gesture is entirely symbolic for the courts and the while thing was just a joke among friends. Here is the proud boys legal defense:

https://goo.gl/images/zLLDGd

"No, see, I just FOUNDED the hatefuul racist group. I have nothing to do with them!"

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Chilichimp posted:

The man takes paaaaaaaains throughout the video to explain this gesture is entirely symbolic for the courts. Here is the proud boys legal defense:

https://goo.gl/images/zLLDGdl

i am weirdly surprised how dumb this dude is. like he covered enough hosed up poo poo on Vice back in the day that he should know this poo poo never works.

ascii genitals
Aug 19, 2000

Wow I could only take a few minutes of it. Gavin made a 30 minute video where he frames the group as a massive pathetic injoke. Shook as heck

"I shouldn't say stepped down, because that's wrong, I was never the leader--only the founder"

Oh ok!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

CAPS LOCK BROKEN posted:

He should apologize too for appropriating public park land for his starfleet academy presidential library and using it as a nucleus for further gentrification of the south side

He had to do that so he could bulldoze Ronald Reagan's childhood home

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/nov/22/hillary-clinton-europe-must-curb-immigration-stop-populists-trump-brexit

quote:

Hillary Clinton: Europe must curb immigration to stop rightwing populists

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/KevinMKruse/status/1065613520727928837

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capri Sunrise
May 16, 2008

Elephants are mammals of the family Elephantidae and the largest existing land animals. Three species are currently recognised: the African bush elephant, the African forest elephant, and the Asian elephant.

hillary is awful news at 11

I am noticing a lot of outlets continue to use immigration as a catch-all phrase for both legal immigration and refugees/economic migrants - the latter of which seem to drive the public angry (and lovely management inevitably leads to crime and ghettos forming)