Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Ariong posted:

I can't possibly weigh in on this monumental decision without knowing what you plan to evolve it into.

I’m planning on keeping it unevolved for now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

How about Thrilla? You know, since it comes in manilla.

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.

Natural 20 posted:

Can you get a normal eevee to evolve into Espeon/Umbreon without the Pokemon Go bullshit?

If you can't, how do you deal with the Pokemon Go bullshit.

No, because those are gen 2 mons.

In Pokemon Go, Eevee (and Pikachu) are everywhere now because of a Let's Go event. To evolve Espeon/Umbreon in Pokemon Go, you have to get 2 candy by walking an Eevee as your buddy (that's about 10 km) and evolve it while it is your buddy.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

You can also force Espeon and Umbreon evolutions by naming your Eevee either Sakura (Esp) or Tamao (Umb).

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Takoluka posted:

You can also force Espeon and Umbreon evolutions by naming your Eevee either Sakura (Esp) or Tamao (Umb).

This only works once. You can also force it to evolve into the original three using the nickname trick. Again, it only works once, so I recommend saving it for a shiny or 100%er you want to evolve.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
It feels wrong that Snorlax can run away.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

I've been slowly making my way through Let's Go. I love it, game is great. I'm just having a hard time deciding on my final party member... I just got my 6th badge so maybe I ought to decide? The party so far is:

Exeggutor (to be traded for a Tall Boy once I can do so)
Kabutops
Dodrio
Rapidash
Eevee

Those are all Pokemon I haven't used before (barring Eevee), so that's been fun! Trouble is I think I've run out of Kanto dudes I've never used before and who I also like even a little bit. So... help me choose a 6th! Who would be a good buddy for the rest of 'em?

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

This only works once. You can also force it to evolve into the original three using the nickname trick. Again, it only works once, so I recommend saving it for a shiny or 100%er you want to evolve.

Espeon and Umbreon are easy to get, at least. Step 1, walk 10km with an Eevee. Step 2, evolve said Eevee while it is still your walking buddy during the day for Espeon and at night for Umbreon.

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

Have you considered Gengar? Poison/Ghost should help with type coverage against Psychic & Fairy, and also he's a good ghost boy just trying his best.

E: wait nvm I forgot Poison is weak against Psychic.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
Fire/Water Eevolution: Indeon

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

So this is pretty interesting, apparently you can do some sequence breaking if you get Charizard because of his flying, where you can fly over water without needing surf. This would allow you to get to a few neat locations pretty early, specifically seafoam islands and the power plant.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

But Charizard can only fly over stuff on Pokemon Road...

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Flying everywhere only unlocks after being champion. You can however skip Surge, Sabrina, Erica, and Koga and have the 3rd gym be Blaine after getting the Pokeflute from the Team Rocket story. Defeating Surge does unlock the Diglett cave so you don't have to go through the Seafoam Islands

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Update on the Chansey situation - after getting a chain of like, 60 or so, the somewhat low-leveled ones north of the Pokemon Center near Rock Tunnel obtained Green Circles for catching and stopped resisting pretty much entirely. Meltan is level 100, and the other legendaries are soon to follow. I'm glad to be a Meltan Master as is rightfully my destiny.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
normal: nothing, we already have eevee
bug= Buzzeon
ghost=Spookeon
Fighting=Champeon
Steel=Automateon
Rock=Mounteon
Ground= Dusteon
Flying=Aveon
Dragon= Drageon

honestly i'm not really into multi type eevee but they all should have a mega evolution

eevee should get a mega evolution too and it should have a special protean style ability that causes it to turn into a corresponding mega-eon when it uses a typed move

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Elfgames posted:

normal: nothing, we already have eevee

That does not count

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
Boy am I tired of hitting yellow rings with excellent shots and the pokemon breaking free. Every. loving. Time.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Steel: Steely dan
Ground: Earth Wind and Fire
Dragon: Red Hot Chili Pepper
Ghost:killer Queen

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Andrast posted:

That does not count

it does

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

:thunk:

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
Eeveelution names should have as much :effort: put into them as Leafeon's. I recommend starting with Dirteon. [incredibly accurate Dirteon voice] Dirt dirt!

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Just because all of those bands ripped off Jojo that doesn't mean pokemon should do it too

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Flying: Aerosmith
Bug: Super Fly
Poison: Purple Haze
Rock: Stone Free
Fighting: Foo Fighters

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

thetoughestbean posted:

So, I just did a complete 180 on whether I want Let’s Go to have Bank compatibility. I was worried that there wouldn’t be an easier way to get Meltan and Melmetal, but I just caught a shiny Eevee in my second week of using Pokémon Go.

Related: I need a good nickname for my shiny new boy

Phillipe!

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009

JesustheDarkLord posted:

Fire/Water Eevolution: Indeon

Hahahaha

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Note Block posted:

Boy am I tired of hitting yellow rings with excellent shots and the pokemon breaking free. Every. loving. Time.

Yeah next game they need to give you something for excellent shots whether you catch or not. Either a little experience regardless, or a few pokedollars(say the professor is studying throwing technique and gives out bonuses for good ones), or chaining multiple excellent together increases your odds or something.

Then it wouldn't feel so bad.

Or make pokecenters give you research quests like pokestops, so "Make ten excellent throws!" nets you a premier ball, or long term ones like "100 nice throws against moving Pokemon" getting you a TM

John Wick of Dogs fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Nov 22, 2018

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Dad Jokes posted:

Have you considered Gengar? Poison/Ghost should help with type coverage against Psychic & Fairy, and also he's a good ghost boy just trying his best.

E: wait nvm I forgot Poison is weak against Psychic.

Gengar is indeed a very good boy! I have used them a bunch before but now that you mention it... I don't recall if I've used one in the story before. Either way I was considering a poison type. Psychic I mostly have covered because Kabutops has a bug attack and Eevee has Baddy Bad.

I'm thinking it'll be either Gengar at this point or perhaps Niodking!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I just have my Gyarados Crunch psychics, though I'm considering teaching him dark pulse instead

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

You wait for the war to happen like vultures.
If you want to help, prevent the war.
Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.
How do I beat the Snorlax? My first fight I got housed by him putting me to sleep then immediately healing the next round for 5 minutes straight.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Big McHuge posted:

How do I beat the Snorlax? My first fight I got housed by him putting me to sleep then immediately healing the next round for 5 minutes straight.

Have you considered picking up your free Fighting-type from the Fighting Dojo? They can wreck the 'lax pretty well.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Oh drat I just realized I have neither Hitmonlee or chan in Go, so I have no idea how I'll get both in Let's Go. Anyone who is willing to trade is going to want the opposite. I need to have both

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Oh drat I just realized I have neither Hitmonlee or chan in Go, so I have no idea how I'll get both in Let's Go. Anyone who is willing to trade is going to want the opposite. I need to have both

Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan appear in Victory Road.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Refighting the Elite Four after beating the game once is actually somewhat challenging, all of their Pokemon are at least Level 50 or higher, some of their teams change, and they even toss in some Alolan forms and Mega Evolutions.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Nodosaur posted:

Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan appear in Victory Road.

This game rules

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Yeah next game they need to give you something for excellent shots whether you catch or not. Either a little experience regardless, or a few pokedollars(say the professor is studying throwing technique and gives out bonuses for good ones), or chaining multiple excellent together increases your odds or something.

Then it wouldn't feel so bad.

Or make pokecenters give you research quests like pokestops, so "Make ten excellent throws!" nets you a premier ball, or long term ones like "100 nice throws against moving Pokemon" getting you a TM

Yeah like, why doesn’t a better catch at least increase your chances regarding the catch? I just want to know who at GF thought this was in any way better than False Swipe and Sleep Powder. I don’t play Go and I was already not really keen on their catching system to begin with.

I’m also not happy regarding the lack of breeding, GRS, and Wonder Trade. But seriously, this poo poo rear end catching system sucks.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Note Block posted:

But seriously, this poo poo rear end catching system sucks.
Actually it owns and having to dedicate moveslots/ entire pokemon on your team just for catching blows just as hard as HMs do

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
Having multiple Pokémon get away from dozens of nice-excellent ultra ball throws on yellow/orange rings does not in fact own.

deftest
May 7, 2011
my Nidorina did not learn Toxic Spikes at level 35 as the movelist for Gen VII suggests. But also pokemon learn new moves not from Gen I, so... is there a handy list somewhere of what the moves look like in Let's Go?

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

I don't know if there's a pastebin or something but Serebii does have Let's Go movelists in seperate tabs if you want to look there. Your Nidorina will learn Crunch at 39 and then Super Fang at 47. Evolving it to Nidoqueen gets you Body Slam, and the queen herself can learn Superpower at 55.

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
So how do I get a normal Eevee that can actually evolve in this game? I'm finding googling answers to stuff to be surprisingly sparse for Let's Go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

ultrachrist posted:

So how do I get a normal Eevee that can actually evolve in this game? I'm finding googling answers to stuff to be surprisingly sparse for Let's Go.

For Vaporeon, you toss it into the deep end of Misty's gym pool, and if it figures it out, you have a Vaporeon. If not, go catch another one and try again.