Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
"I should go."

e: what a silly page snipe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malah
May 18, 2015

The thing is: there's no reason why blue can't lead into green without the martyrdom. You have the exact same resources on hand without any reason to rush.

The default always feels like a loser's choice. You're throwing potential sentients under the bus just because it's the most expedient option, and it's only excusable if you choose an obviously incorrect option during the campaign.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

The true correct option is to melt everything sentient into orange juice, then launch the corpse of a Reaper into the far reaches of the cosmos to serve as a testament to the existence of life in the Milky Way.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Nah, don't like Control or Synthesis, never will

I want Shepard to live as himself and not as a Machine God, build that home with Tali, and want to see the Reapers fall over dead

Shpeard was "destroyed" and eventually brought back exactly as he was, no reason to think Edi and the Geth can't be brought back as well

SgtSteel91 fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Nov 22, 2018

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Regalingualius posted:

...And now I’m imagining (HEAVY SPOILERS FOR CITADEL) a whole army of Clone Shepards tumbling out into the Normandy’s shuttle bay, and in perfect unison, they all say “I’m Commander Shepard...”

Councillor Sparatus: Dear God, three fifty of them. All my worst nightmares at once...

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Destroy is the only correct ending, because alternatives are slotting your consciousness into the mainframe of the genocidally insane AI with the promise that you'll retain your personality and integrity and become a fair and just god emperor of the universe, which is a spotty proposition long before getting into all the science magic reasons that could go wrong and ...well, synthesis, the proposal of which proves that Starkid is either a broken AI which has long since lost its grasp of reality, or a hostile actor trying to trick Shepard into plunging the galaxy into a Lovecraftian sci-fi nightmare.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Now I think y'all are just taking the piss out of the spoiler tags.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Probably, yes. talk about the ending when we get there (or perhaps never) imo

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
:speculate:

Malah
May 18, 2015

We were just talking about how moving Legion's sacrifice was, then you animals turn around and throw his people under the bus. That's hosed up, yo. :colbert:

Perhaps we can further debate the merits of the endings when we actually get there. Please save your irritation for our favorite person coming up.

Malah fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Nov 30, 2018

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
I'll have a non-important video up tomorrow, and then a side mission that I have recorded. Then we can dive into plot poo poo.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Blah blah blah

Just running around the ship chatting with folks and then one of the MP maps. I like Reactor, the hazard version especially. Locking teammates in the microwave is a dick move, but also funny if you're there to revive immediately. A Krogan with a full stack of regen just uses it as a tanning lamp :black101: The game can be an rear end in a top hat and put hack objectives in there which really sucks because there's no cover and the room will just fill up with enemies.

Video may not be available just yet, YT was being an rear end in a top hat about processing it.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

"This station is vital to the war effort!"
*one team gets obliterated and overwhelmed
*generator turned on
*both teams evac in the face of enemy numbers
"Good work securing the station! Surely, the enemy won't just break the darn thing again!"

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

FoolyCharged posted:

"This station is vital to the war effort!"
*one team gets obliterated and overwhelmed
*generator turned on
*both teams evac in the face of enemy numbers
"Good work securing the station! Surely, the enemy won't just break the darn thing again!"

No worries, just send in the squad that's worth a couple of fleets in terms of War Assets.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

tribbledirigible posted:

No worries, just send in the squad that's worth a couple of fleets more than the entirety of the entire SP in terms of War Assets.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

This is closer to the mark.

When I switched to PC after selling my 360, i had enough war score to unlock the best ending with only 50% galactic readiness, entirely on the back of my multiplayer squads(there war score from multiplayer is one of the few things that transfers with your bioware account. Actual multiplayer unlocks don't)

grack
Jan 10, 2012

"Yes, we totally let the AI we just had a multi-generation war with upload themselves in to the suits we require to live. What could possibly go wrong?"

grack posted:

The Quarians are just going to find a different way to kill themselves off in a year anyways.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
I feel like you could defeat the entire Quarian flotilla by grabbing a microphone and saying "your shoes are untied". Would've saved the geth a whole lotta trouble

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Durandal1707 posted:

I feel like you could defeat the entire Quarian flotilla by grabbing a microphone and saying "your shoes are untied". Would've saved the geth a whole lotta trouble

“Hey! Stupid!” *Entire Quarian race looks up*

“Your emergency induction port is open!”

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

grack posted:

"Yes, we totally let the AI we just had a multi-generation war with upload themselves in to the suits we require to live. What could possibly go wrong?"
Probably very little since the Geth are actually running that show and they've proven themselves to be better people in every way.

Future-SA in the ME universe probably has a PYF thread of "dumb poo poo the Quarians have done" though. It's 782 pages long.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

SubponticatePoster posted:

Future-SA in the ME universe probably has a PYF thread of "dumb poo poo the Quarians have done" though. It's 782 pages long.
MilHist thread comparative takedowns of Cerberus uniforms using nazi nipple belts as a reference standard.
A bizarre fixation on some guy trying to set up a hot dog stand out in Turian territory.
An unhinged war tourist disappears into Batarian space and is thought dead until suddenly reappearing half a decade later.
Two Quarians, One Cup.
Let's Play Galaxy of Fantasy!
:krogout:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Probably very little since the Geth are actually running that show and they've proven themselves to be better people in every way.

it's funny because it's true

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Jerry's kids

Traynor gave us a thing to check into awhile back, so we go looking. Turns out a bunch of Cerberus scientists have gone rogue and by that we mean actually tried to turn legit. Since TIM is omnipotent and has unlimited resources he tracked 'em down. Upon arrival we discover everyone's wet cardboard squadmate "protecting" them. And by that we mean getting shot. It's Jacob. He doesn't give us any of the good stuff though, and spends the entire mission sitting on a couch. Oh well, not like he's useful anyway. Also he has a girlfriend now, even if he hooked up with Shep. Not only does this free you up for romancin' but you can punch him in the face.

We also run into another familiar face, Gavin Archer from the Operation Overlord DLC. Just for shits and giggles I let him blow his brains out and then reload the save so we get his 10 war assets or whatever the gently caress he's good for. This mission is mediocre, much like our former squadmate. If you let ol' Jason eat poo poo in 2 it's a random Cerb scientist mook. Really if you did there's almost no point to it, your assets are minimal. I guess you get the Carnifex for free.

Next up we'll be doing the Leviathan DLC, which is pretty good and effectively a long lore dump on the origins of the Reapers. You can do it right after getting to the Citadel for the first time, and you have the option of doing it piecemeal, but it breaks all the ship convos until it's done so I always handle it in one sitting.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Dr. Cole is clearly attracted to very bland men.

Also the conversations you get if you romanced Jimmy (and god knows why you would) are all weird as gently caress, both in this mission and later on.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

I mean, he's the only romance option that breaks up with you rather than the other way around.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

I’m actually kind of curious, was there ever any “director’s commentary” on why they decided to have him break up with Shep if you did have something going on with him in 2?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Ah good old Jarrod. It’s good to see him again. Is he still into pissing himself in dark pants?

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Regalingualius posted:

I’m actually kind of curious, was there ever any “director’s commentary” on why they decided to have him break up with Shep if you did have something going on with him in 2?

don't think so but IIRC he was far and away the least-popular option so they probably didn't want to create all kinds of new content for him

lot going on with that and with the particular direction they chose to go with him tbh

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Regalingualius posted:

Yeah, I'm sure all three people that romanced Josh were devastated.

Also, here's a question: Miranda is openly walking around the Citadel, and Joe is holed up on some freezing cold garbage planet. How did Cerberus manage to track down the latter and not the former?

grack fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Dec 16, 2018

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

grack posted:

Yeah, I'm sure all three people that romanced Josh were devastated.

Also, here's a question: Miranda is openly walking around the Citadel, and Joe is holed up on some freezing cold garbage planet. How did Cerberus manage to track down the latter and not the former?

Miranda stays mobile and is alone. She also would have intimate knowledge of Cerberus espionage practices. Jacob is holed up with several dozen high level scientists and their families, making his group a much bigger and higher priority target.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
My favorite thing is that everyone that's left Cerberus with the exception of Kelly is still running around in their uniform.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

My favorite thing is that everyone that's left Cerberus with the exception of Kelly is still running around in their uniform.
Well, they did work for Cerberus, so you can't expect much. It's frankly a surprise they were smart enough to remove the logos from their uniforms, and an even bigger surprise is that twenty people (presumably) weren't killed in the process.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Doc M posted:

Well, they did work for Cerberus, so you can't expect much. It's frankly a surprise they were smart enough to remove the logos from their uniforms, and an even bigger surprise is that twenty people (presumably) weren't killed in the process.

I know what you mean but I'm amused by the idea that TIM gave everyone explosive mission patches.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I was always weirded out that ME3 just expected you to trust everyone you'd worked with in ME2 outside of TIM. I never met up with Miranda on my first playthrough because she didn't bother mentioning having quit Cerberus in her e-mail, and spent the entire previous game making sure you understood that she was more loyal to TIM than to Shepard.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I was always weirded out that ME3 just expected you to trust everyone you'd worked with in ME2 outside of TIM. I never met up with Miranda on my first playthrough because she didn't bother mentioning having quit Cerberus in her e-mail, and spent the entire previous game making sure you understood that she was more loyal to TIM than to Shepard.
Miranda quits Cerberus at the end of ME2, but you only get that scene if she's with you during the final fight and I don't remember if she ever brings it up if you talk to her after the mission.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I think that's only if you blow up the Collector Base. If you keep it, she'll do a little speech about how Cerberus are the only ones who can be trusted with this big ol' cache of Reaper technology, and she's psyched to be a part of it.

E: There might be a different scene where she does say that post-fight and I grossly misjudged her words in the Normandy scene, but she definitely does mention having resigned if you talk to her on the ship after blowing up the base.

Zulily Zoetrope fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Dec 17, 2018

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Again, this is how you can tell no one gave a solid fart about Jacob. There are multiple mods out there that change Miranda into a non-Cerberus outfit for ME3. I don’t think there’s a single one that does that for Jacob.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Apropos of nothing, I was at the chiropractor getting my back cracked and the original ME theme popped up in the muzak. Hard to explain to the doc why you said "holy poo poo" really loudly and then started laughing.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

ME theme as in this guy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVm_ljDSdwA or Vigil?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Or this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUKiOcV1SSc