Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

HebrewMagic posted:

Nice try, but Path of Exile doesn't let me park the punisher van

I mean, it's already a given that it won't let you have fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

poe?

more like poo

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
I think the punisher van has been impounded for life this time.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

punchymcpunch posted:

poe?

more like poo

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Is poe the one people pitch as 'the first dozen characters or so you make are going to suck but you'll have fun someday eventually'?

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Guys in the discord I’m gifting the poo poo out of Grim Dawn. Get in and message me in the gifting channel if you want it.

Matter of fact a ton of us are gifting games. ITS A CELEBRATION BITCHES WAHOOO

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

I'm thankful for icr

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Real talk, I’m thankful for all of you. Yes our game is dead but our community outlived it. Was the best gaming community ever too.

Glad we still all talk. <3

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Poe is the game where you really should follow a build guide for your first dude. If you don't, you'll end up using one for the second after you junk the first.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Saint Freak posted:

Is poe the one people pitch as 'the first dozen characters or so you make are going to suck but you'll have fun someday eventually'?

Yes. PoE is pretty bad.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Saint Freak posted:

It's the one where leveling is absolutely terrible, it uses the worst and least fun systems from Diablo 2 like wearing armor slows your speed significantly and stat bonuses rule lawyers you on the difference between "increased by" x%" and "increased x%", and its possible to gently caress up your char unless they give a respec because of a major change or you give them cash money

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

They always give out respecs for major changes and you literally can't real money respecs.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Adult Sword Owner posted:

It's the one where leveling is absolutely terrible, it uses the worst and least fun systems from Diablo 2 like wearing armor slows your speed significantly and stat bonuses rule lawyers you on the difference between "increased by" x%" and "increased x%", and its possible to gently caress up your char unless they give a respec because of a major change or you give them cash money

The chelatek-est post

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

respecs are purchased with in game currency only and majorly adjusting your character isn't that expensive even

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

PoE's biggest sin, to me, is that it lacks Diablo 3's adventure mode or even MH's terminals, so leveling up is going through the story "fresh" every time a new league starts, in order to unlock the part of the game you would want to play a few hundred hours of anyway.

Second-biggest sin is the complete lack of an auction house for a game that's so big on in-game economy, requiring you to use third-party tools and sites to ping someone to get the item that takes your build from "praying for a lucky drop for the next 50 hours in order to be playable" to "oh hey, this is a game again."

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

Maybe blizzard will give us diablo mh, that would be ok too i guess as long as it isn't a dumb cell phone game

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Jazerus posted:

respecs are purchased with in game currency only and majorly adjusting your character isn't that expensive even

The brain worms confused that with another game go me

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

PoE's biggest sin, to me, is that it lacks Diablo 3's adventure mode or even MH's terminals, so leveling up is going through the story "fresh" every time a new league starts, in order to unlock the part of the game you would want to play a few hundred hours of anyway.

Aren't there random maps with cool additional perks and downsides for Cool Loot Drops

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Aren't there random maps with cool additional perks and downsides for Cool Loot Drops
Yes, that is the thing you have to get to the end to do. Every time.

Mr. Whale
Apr 9, 2009
I do these sick kickflips out of compassion.

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits
So, I know this is the Marvel Heroes thread, but does anyone here know if Marvel Future Fight on iOS supports MFI gamepads?

Update: The answer is “Kinda”. You can control movement and get into the menu during a mission, and advance dialog, but otherwise it does not work. drat.

Deadguy2322 fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Nov 23, 2018

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Deadguy2322 posted:

So, I know this is the Marvel Heroes thread, but does anyone here know if Marvel Future Fight on iOS supports MFI gamepads?

Update: The answer is “Kinda”. You can control movement and get into the menu during a mission, and advance dialog, but otherwise it does not work. drat.

Yeah kinda.

Also, we do have a thread! https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3822954&perpage=40&pagenumber=163

Still got a full couple clans and everything.

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Yeah kinda.

Also, we do have a thread! https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3822954&perpage=40&pagenumber=163

Still got a full couple clans and everything.

Bookmarked! Thanks!

lovely about the controller thing. I got a SteelSeries Stratus for free last week and was hoping I could use it for that.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
was looking for a image in my imgur account and noticed a subfolder titled "Comixfan lol"

let's take a trip down memory lane and remember That One Time Jubelio Beat Comixfan To Making A Costume Thread And He Melted The gently caress Down, And Then Kokoro Wish Sniped MODOK And He Melted Down Some More

i appreciate all of u so very much

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

Sv do you have the pic I sent of me getting on wl? My hd crashed so Iost it.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Sadly no. My ~gaming laptop~ died a couple years ago and with it so many of our cultural artifacts

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

did find this though

e: and this (credit Lux)

Soothing Vapors fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Nov 28, 2018

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

I am sad that bethesda with Fallout 76 is challenging gaz for most comically incompetent game developers.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

We literally have a channel in the discord where all we do is make fun of FO76. It rules.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Please stop dunking on Bethesdas first early access game

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

We literally have a channel in the discord where all we do is make fun of FO76. It rules.

Edit - Nevermind.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Remember the time ICR was caught on a White Spider-Man?

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Kheldarn posted:

Remember the time ICR was caught on a White Spider-Man?

My god. Disgusting

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Here's when Diamond Armor used to go out to 10 decimal places for MAXIMUM ACCURACY.

And then of course the screen that gave people seizures, but it broke and Big Pun is missing and the seizure gun is still there.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

doop = 3b minimum

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

Halp i need goks

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Soothing Vapors posted:

was looking for a image in my imgur account and noticed a subfolder titled "Comixfan lol"

let's take a trip down memory lane and remember That One Time Jubelio Beat Comixfan To Making A Costume Thread And He Melted The gently caress Down, And Then Kokoro Wish Sniped MODOK And He Melted Down Some More

i appreciate all of u so very much

lol i didntt remember this. what thread did i make that made him mad

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Was it Taskmaster? It was a surprise release.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

It was Taskmaster

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

ill let the moderators sort you out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.
It was definitely Taskie because he was never even announced. MM literally just made him in his free time and dropped him like Kamikaze.