Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

"i'm excited about haunted house." - reggie watts 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
In this weeks pro version Shonk is feeling froggy and he might JUMP

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
New RU Talkin' REM Re: Me, new Teacher's Lounge, and a teaser for Superego Season 5 today. A veritable Thanksgiving bounty of quality 'Tent!

https://soundcloud.com/gosuperego/superego-season-5

Malcolm Excellent posted:

In this weeks pro version Shonk is feeling froggy and he might JUMP

An interesting game of telephone going on there, figuratively and literally. "Okay, yeah, so I guess my question is what the gently caress are you talking about?"

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
You could feel the air leave the room as soon as Devon mentions he's seen Crazy Rich Asians twice. I love that he agreed to the episode and kept that close to the vest until the perfect time.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
That whole thing is really weird. Josh sounded really evasive about it. Are the Hollywood Handbook boys getting traded to another premium podcast network?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

JethroMcB posted:

An interesting game of telephone going on there, figuratively and literally. "Okay, yeah, so I guess my question is what the gently caress are you talking about?"

Just an incredible moment. Literally laughed so hard at that that I went to Patreon and started giving them money.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I’ve been really enjoying Will Hines’ Beatles podcast. Its just 4 comedians freaking out and sometimes crying listening to albums everyone’s heard a million times, but it’s really endearing and nerdy. I’m sure once they’re off just reviewing each album it changes but the first season is great

Dick Holden
Jul 18, 2003

Purple!

Drunkboxer posted:

I’ve been really enjoying Will Hines’ Beatles podcast. Its just 4 comedians freaking out and sometimes crying listening to albums everyone’s heard a million times, but it’s really endearing and nerdy. I’m sure once they’re off just reviewing each album it changes but the first season is great

I've just gone through this podcast and it was great. There is a series of eps in the second season where Will get Eugene Cordero to listen to a bunch of albums all the way through for the first time and I love all his reactions. I was always a casual fan of the Beatles but listening to this podcast I've gone back and discovered a hundred hidden gems I'd never heard before.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Will does good work on I4H and CBB, and his Beatles and Spider-Man podcasts are both really fun, engaging, and casual—but I really wish he'd do his own purely comedic podcast, because as a huge fan of his for years in NYC his very specific sense of humor rarely comes across fully in any of his podcast work.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

feedmyleg posted:

Will does good work on I4H and CBB, and his Beatles and Spider-Man podcasts are both really fun, engaging, and casual—but I really wish he'd do his own purely comedic podcast, because as a huge fan of his for years in NYC his very specific sense of humor rarely comes across fully in any of his podcast work.

Don't Get Me Started was so great, but, again, non-comedic.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I thought it was funny Hayes did his city planning episode of Don't Get Me Started then the very next week they cancelled the podcast with Will Hines saying "yeah let's stop this before it starts feeling like a chore"

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

feedmyleg posted:

Will rules, and he loves to dunk on thirsty Comedy Sperg audience members. A nerd with confidence, work ethic, and a regular exercise regimen. A drat good nerd.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

If I join a Patreon for a podcast like Flagrant Ones or Doughboys Double or something, how do I get the episodes? Are there private RSS feeds or something?

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

Paul ReiserFS posted:

If I join a Patreon for a podcast like Flagrant Ones or Doughboys Double or something, how do I get the episodes? Are there private RSS feeds or something?

Very straightforward friend: Patreon will email you with an RSS link. I always highlight+copy+paste the text of the URL because some podcatchers choke on Patreon’s referral link bullshit, which comes along with directly copying the HTML tag.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Franchescanado posted:

You could feel the air leave the room as soon as Devon mentions he's seen Crazy Rich Asians twice. I love that he agreed to the episode and kept that close to the vest until the perfect time.

Are you taking about HH or Teacher's Lounge? I don't have Stitcher.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

GoutPatrol posted:

HH Pro Version. Needing Engineer Devon for not watching the Crazy Rich Asians trailer has been a running joke for The Boys for a while. They set him down for a Teaser Freezer today and about 45 seconds into the bit he almost kills it.

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

Analytic Engine posted:

Very straightforward friend: Patreon will email you with an RSS link. I always highlight+copy+paste the text of the URL because some podcatchers choke on Patreon’s referral link bullshit, which comes along with directly copying the HTML tag.

Thanks, I never understood what an RSS was, but I knew people used them to access podcasts somehow. I'm guessing the link you're talking about can simply be entered in the "add URL" box when searching for a podcast using the Overcast app?

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

Tacier posted:

Thanks, I never understood what an RSS was, but I knew people used them to access podcasts somehow. I'm guessing the link you're talking about can simply be entered in the "add URL" box when searching for a podcast using the Overcast app?

Yeah, when you add podcasts the other way the app is just accessing the unseen RSS feeds

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

GoutPatrol posted:

I made a video about it, along to the trailer, because I'm exactly the kind of fan Scott loathes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKYSn-wKkJo

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Zsinjeh posted:

I made a video about it, along to the trailer, because I'm exactly the kind of fan Scott loathes

This is dope. Thanks!

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Malcolm Excellent posted:

This is dope. Thanks!
I did a similar thing for the Happytime Murders teaser, and some Action Boyz patreon 'tent. For real don't miss out on Action Boyz, hotly competing with the HH boys as my favorite pod
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xh4C2qhqFWA - Happytime

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uka5upPzK3c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_eBYPuYlY0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjMEBDXQdwc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBESarRmmbM

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Zsinjeh posted:

I think I may need to subscribe to Stitcher for this.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Zsinjeh posted:

I did a similar thing for the Happytime Murders teaser, and some Action Boyz patreon 'tent. For real don't miss out on Action Boyz, hotly competing with the HH boys as my favorite pod

Hell yeah, these are < Gabrus Voice > awesome.

If you're taking requests, "Powers Boothe - I'm Your Dad" would be great.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Please do the one where This Is Us gets trapped on an elevator or something

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Laterite posted:

Hell yeah, these are < Gabrus Voice > awesome.

If you're taking requests, "Powers Boothe - I'm Your Dad" would be great.
I've been thinking about this one, 'problem' is they spread out the references so much and through so many episodes sometimes it just sort of becomes a clip show and doesn't have the same impact. Also my memory is terrible of which episodes those are.

But that first one should be easy enough to find, was Rapid Fire right? Ol' squarehead Brandon Lee

cams
Mar 28, 2003

on the new flagrant ones, carl tart finds out that jensen karp is hot karl and then sings pretty much every song from the nba live 2003 soundtrack

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

cams posted:

on the new flagrant ones, carl tart finds out that jensen karp is hot karl and then sings pretty much every song from the nba live 2003 soundtrack

Carl needs to get up on this!

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

Hollywood Handbook just added three live dates for the Pacific Northwest--Seattle, Portland, and SF. Finally, a chance to see the boys without having to drive 8 hours.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

Tacier posted:

Hollywood Handbook just added three live dates for the Pacific Northwest--Seattle, Portland, and SF. Finally, a chance to see the boys without having to drive 8 hours.

I love that poster. Pretty sure this is the "Awesome Photoshoot" they talked about a month ago. You know, the one they did without having any real idea of how they'd use it.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Franchescanado posted:

I love that poster. Pretty sure this is the "Awesome Photoshoot" they talked about a month ago. You know, the one they did without having any real idea of how they'd use it.
it is, because kevin brings up that they should do a tour so they can use those photos, the boys make fun of him then say they should do the pacific northwest.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
Grabbed a couple to the Seattle show, thanks for letting us know :cheerdoge:

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
drat I might get a ticket for that San Francisco show and fly out to California for a few days.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
It really is my dream show.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Not earwolf but there was a high and mighty episode a few weeks ago that made Gabrus sound like a fitness freak. Jim Santangeli basically being like “diets are bullshit, counting calories is loving dumb, and I know guys who died young and were healthy so why loving try. Also any healthy living programs are for freaks.”

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
is santangeli a goon?

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Or the president?

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!
Whether it's earwolf or not......SUPEREGO IS BACK!!!

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!
Oh.....and the "3D" HH Pro was annoying on purpose. It sounded like steelshit grinding on unkempt metalrail.

T. Bombastus
Feb 18, 2013

RestingB1tchFace posted:

steelshit grinding on unkempt metalrail.
settle down china mieville

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

RestingB1tchFace posted:

Oh.....and the "3D" HH Pro was annoying on purpose. It sounded like steelshit grinding on unkempt metalrail.

I listened on lovely headphones so it sounded exactly the same to me. I thought that was the joke.