Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Pomplamoose posted:

What if I only caught one Pokémon per species and avoided/ran from any duplicates? Would that give me too much XP? I’d only use the first one I caught and throw out the others.

If you do this and fight every trainer along the route you’re going to hit a wall around the 4th gym / Silph co. Assuming you don’t switch Pokémon’s throughout. If you do you’ll be hurting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i know it's increasingly unlikely but my one true wish is for enemy trainers to have more than three pokemon again

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Instead of that I'd rather you have to use the same number of Pokemon as them

Like in the amine

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Actual conditions for gym battles to make them feel more official and make them less simple would be pretty neat. A "fair" 3v3 against leader mons with a totem/candy style boost, for example, would rule.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
I've finally made the mistake. I am in shiny hunting hell in Lets Go Eevee.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
I long for the day when we get a voiced Raichu to go along with voiced Pikachu. So unfair when Raichu is clearly the superior Pikachu. (Not quite as superior as Mimikyu, but she comes close.)

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

I long for the day when we get a voiced Raichu to go along with voiced Pikachu. So unfair when Raichu is clearly the superior Pikachu. (Not quite as superior as Mimikyu, but she comes close.)

I feel like we're at a point in these drat games where they can give every Pokemon a proper voice where they say their name instead of the gameboy sounds. Like I get it's nostalgic but c'mon. Make Jigglypuff and Psyduck and Meowth say their names correctly

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I never ever ever want to hear pokemon say their names, it's so stupid. I want them to be weird animals that make weird animal noises.

I'm surprised you say that's nostalgia, I thought the only reason people like the idea of pokemon saying their names is nostalgia for the show.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Make Staryu scream HYAH

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy

Crabtree posted:

I've finally made the mistake. I am in shiny hunting hell in Lets Go Eevee.

i went through 1800 charmanders this last week with no success and i am never shiny hunting again

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
Psyduck should be voiced but he has to say "gwappa" like in the games, none of this "psy aye aye" anime bullshit :colbert:

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
Kricketune should also never say "Kricketune", he should only ever say "vweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee doodle oodle oodle"

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

IronicDongz posted:

I never ever ever want to hear pokemon say their names, it's so stupid. I want them to be weird animals that make weird animal noises.

I'm surprised you say that's nostalgia, I thought the only reason people like the idea of pokemon saying their names is nostalgia for the show.

:same: I don’t understand what’s to like about the saying their own name version.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

I mean I get that Pikachu, and to a lesser extent Eevee, get their anime voices for the main games now (seeing that they're the mascots and their names are the same across all languages), but its unfeasible to do the same for over 900 and beyond other creatures, and to dub most of them in nine other languages. It would require a cast of over 30 or so people (and I'm generous and assuming that each dub would only have 4 voice actors each).

It's simply more cost effective to have one or two sound guys produce each cry for each monster then all that.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
they should make pikachu stop saying his name in the video games

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

absolutely anything posted:

they should make pikachu stop saying his name in the video games

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

absolutely anything posted:

they should make pikachu stop

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Having pokemon say their own names is a very "80s/90s cartoon please learn the characters and buy all of our poo poo"

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

AN INTENSE BATTLE :black101: :black101: :black101:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvi1bmFoDX0

Scholtz posted:

Having pokemon say their own names is a very "80s/90s cartoon please learn the characters and buy all of our poo poo"

Hell yeah I'm glad that you agree it rules

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I'm pretty sure I broke a rebattle of a certain trainer that's supposed to occur in Cerulean City after catching Mewtwo. The trainer is supposed to be by the fountain after I battle them but hasn't returned.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
Having alolan exeggutor out is just as entertaining as I expected it to be

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pokemon saying their names is for moron idiots btw

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Pikachu's voice, as Pokemon's mascot, is way, way too iconic to go anywhere from the games any time soon. And if you expect it to do so you're only setting yourself up for disappointment and you know it. Also if you hate it you're a curmudgeon.

Now Eevee's voice though, that one can go. It weirds me out every time when you see a wild Eevee in let's go and it just speaks.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
If any of y'all try to take Togepi saying her name away from her, I will personally hunt you the gently caress down.

edit: same goes for Marill, I will protect my precious Johoto children.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Macaluso posted:

AN INTENSE BATTLE :black101: :black101: :black101:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvi1bmFoDX0

Hell yeah I'm glad that you agree it rules

It's a nice touch that the Shellder on Slowbro's tail is asleep too.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Note Block posted:

If any of y'all try to take Togepi saying her name away from her, I will personally hunt you the gently caress down.

edit: same goes for Marill, I will protect my precious Johoto children.

Maybe in Johoto they talk, but in Johto they make beeps. As is proper.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Hustlin Floh posted:

Maybe in Johoto they talk, but in Johto they make beeps. As is proper.

My phone betrays me and Togepi does not beep, you heathen.

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

Gruckles posted:

Make Staryu scream HYAH

:emptyquote:

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Dehry posted:

I'm pretty sure I broke a rebattle of a certain trainer that's supposed to occur in Cerulean City after catching Mewtwo. The trainer is supposed to be by the fountain after I battle them but hasn't returned.

Try rematching the Elite Four and then checking back.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Gruckles posted:

Make Staryu scream HYAH

Only if we can make butterfree say "BeEeEeEEefFrrrEeEEee!!"

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Anybody who has a problem with Eevee's YEAH BOI hates fun.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuOpha_15x4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7tmSCZl0FE

ABLUBLBUBLBLBUBLBUBLBUB

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

Note Block posted:

Boy am I tired of hitting yellow rings with excellent shots and the pokemon breaking free. Every. loving. Time.

Yeah I feel like the catchrate is really bad. Needs a boost imho

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I have a bunch of overleveled Pokemon because I’m only at Mt Moon, but I put one in my Pokeball every morning. Kind of waiting on my friend who’s going to give me a shiny Charmander on Saturday.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
Which poke balls are in Let’s Go? Is it just regular/premium, great, ultra, and the one master?

edit: I just missed a shiny Farfetch’d by mere seconds, couldn’t run to it in time. I’ve never been so disappointed in my entire life.

Note Block fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Nov 23, 2018

Horse Inspector
Aug 11, 2005
privacy publicly displayed
I have a kadabra called Gary Busey whom I love dearly. I got him early and raised him up and took him on my travels as my strong protector. Recently I got the judge function and after I quickly scrambled to marvel at my poke-strength, I was promptly informed that Gary Busey's stats are.. 'ok', which as far as I can tell means 'utter bollocks'.

I fed him a few candies to see if that would help but it didn't seem to do much so I stopped before wasting them all (I haven't actually used any candies before now). So now I'm wondering; do I have to throw Gary in Professor Oak's meat grinder, like a greyhound that didn't make the cut? Or is it possible to make him actually good?

Follow up question, is there a multiplier involved that means if you give a 'mon candies when they are very low level, this results in a much larger gain later on, or do candies basically do the same job any time in a pokemon's life?

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy

Zuzie posted:

unfeasible

Nope. Big companies hire lots of people to do things all the time.

Brick Shipment
Jun 22, 2009

People who want voiced pokemon have not seen the show since childhood and don't remember how annoying and cringy a lot of pokemon's voices actually were.
Like I understand now why my parents sprinted into the room immediately to tell me to turn the drat volume down whenever pokemon came on.
Keep the beeps.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

IVs aren’t important in the single player game, they really only matter in multiplayer and a postgame challenge like the Battle Tree, which I’m pretty sure LGPE doesn’t have. You can keep using Gary Busey if you want to

Candies can’t affect IVs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Horse Inspector posted:

I have a kadabra called Gary Busey whom I love dearly. I got him early and raised him up and took him on my travels as my strong protector. Recently I got the judge function and after I quickly scrambled to marvel at my poke-strength, I was promptly informed that Gary Busey's stats are.. 'ok', which as far as I can tell means 'utter bollocks'.

I fed him a few candies to see if that would help but it didn't seem to do much so I stopped before wasting them all (I haven't actually used any candies before now). So now I'm wondering; do I have to throw Gary in Professor Oak's meat grinder, like a greyhound that didn't make the cut? Or is it possible to make him actually good?

Follow up question, is there a multiplier involved that means if you give a 'mon candies when they are very low level, this results in a much larger gain later on, or do candies basically do the same job any time in a pokemon's life?

candy can basically make any pokemon good enough even with a bad nature, and ivs dont matter in single player anyway