Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: GhostofJohnMuir)

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Have you considered raking your forest in a more Finn-like frequency?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

How Trump lost the confurvative vote.:sad:

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Has there been some statistical aberration re: forest fires in recent years that's attributable to climate change or something?

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Volkerball posted:

Has there been some statistical aberration re: forest fires in recent years that's attributable to climate change or something?

yeah basically melting arctic ice is causing a shift in prevailing winds offshore pushing more dry air inland which increases the severity and frequency of wildfires

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

incredible flesh posted:

holy poo poo gojm is it true, are the republicans really trying to blame the paradise fire on radical environmentalists

they blame our long term drought on the fact that we aren't damming every single creek and stream, they're an insane death cult

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
the fact that roberts has been shifted to a moderate justice demonstrates how far we've fallen into hellworld

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

the fact that roberts has been shifted to a moderate justice demonstrates how far we've fallen into hellworld

I feel it makes more sense when put in the overall context of Roberts and by extension the heritage foundation really banking on that independent judiciary bullshit even when they know it's bullshit

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

The Muppets On PCP posted:

yeah basically melting arctic ice is causing a shift in prevailing winds offshore pushing more dry air inland which increases the severity and frequency of wildfires

yeah, its hard to point at any individual weather event and point to climate change as a direct cause, what we will see is at some point the frequency of various events permanently shifted, maybe it already has, maybe we get lucky and things settle down for a bit before they fully go over v(they will, 2 degrees is certain, 4 degrees pretty much is too) but in like 2060 we will be able to see where things changed for good.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

holy poo poo jacob is so dumb

twoday posted:

In the letter submitted by avenatti's lawyer it emphasizes that the claim that she had a bruise on her leg was a fabrication and that it was a rash

Curiously, all of the leaked photos of her injuries which have surfaced seem to have either been run through 5 different Instagram filters (one of them is black and white??) or so blurry that they look like they were taken with a gameboy camera.

Presumably the police would have decent photos.

For reference, an Accutane rash looks like this:

I still think it's possible that he did it but I also find this to be extremely suspicious:

https://twitter.com/SurefireIntel/status/1064947988160700416?s=19

https://twitter.com/JacobAWohl/status/1064943316641300480?s=19

https://twitter.com/JacobAWohl/status/1064944702166720512?s=19

He repeatedly and exclusively referenced the article which appeared on the site of sketchy tabloid The Blast News, which acquired the photos somehow, which they posted under the label "alleged injury photos"

https://theblast.com/michael-avenatti-mariel-miniutti-restraining-order-details/

So uh, the Blast somehow got ahold of those photos. They take credit for breaking the story. The accuser doesn't seem to have contacted any other media outlets, so the idea that she or the police would have leaked the photos to a sketchy gossip rag is a little bit odd.

Edit: evidence of "significant injury" would likely lead to felony charges under California state law"

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

I hate life but more than that I hate the bastaman

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Suck my cold Canadian rear end polar vortex. :argh:

e: https://www.washingtonpost.com/weat...m=.485e87346473

Furnaceface fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Nov 22, 2018

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
no one cares about boston

incredible flesh
Oct 6, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo
i have decided to redefine nakedness beyond a state of simply being without clothes

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
i'm pretty sure that's the corporate motto of naked juice

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

no one cares about boston

If youre looking for an argument you wont get it from me. :v:

Its still an extremely rare and unusual event for this time of year. Also expect dozens of Republican nincompoops to run out to be interviewed and proclaim "If global warming then why is it so cold? :smug:" without reading the other part of that article where it says that, you know, everywhere else on the planet is above normal for this time of year.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Furnaceface posted:

Its still an extremely rare and unusual event for this time of year. Also expect dozens of Republican nincompoops to run out to be interviewed and proclaim "If global warming then why is it so cold? :smug:" without reading the other part of that article where it says that, you know, everywhere else on the planet is above normal for this time of year.

It's 19 in upstate NY

We sure as poo poo ain't above normal

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Furnaceface posted:

hate to tell you but the president already did

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
https://twitter.com/indiatoday/status/1065136494476582914?s=21

owned

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

My favorite missionary story will always be the guy in Taiwan who tried to minister to a lion in a zoo and got bit.

e: This one:

quote:

Taipei - A lion attacked a man who jumped into the animal's enclosure and shouted "Jesus will save you!" at the big cat on Wednesday at the zoo in Taiwan's capital.

Cable TV stations showed the lion ripping a jacket off the man as he stood in a grassy enclosure that held two of the animals.

Without panicking, the man fell back on a stone ridge, and the lion then jumped at him, biting him in the arm. The lion then clawed at his trousers before retreating.

The man then calmly stood with his arms outstretched in front of the two animals.

An eyewitness, Hsu Li-jen, told cable station CTI that the man shouted "Jesus will save you" at the animals.

Guards drove the lions away with water hoses, and police shot the animals with tranquilliser darts. The man, identified only by his surname, Chen, then picked up his jacket and climbed out of the pen himself. He was taken to the hospital for tests.

"He had bite marks both at the front and back of his leg," Doctor Wang Yao-ching told CTI.

Another doctor said Chen, 46, also had psychological problems. "He took this dangerous action today because he imagined he heard voices," psychiatrist Teng Hui-wen told reporters, saying his case was still being investigated.

Majorian fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Nov 22, 2018

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

honestly if they make contact with the outside world most of them will die from communicable diseases, so good on them quarantining their island

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

It's 19 in upstate NY

We sure as poo poo ain't above normal

NY is included in the purple zone of frozen death.

the paradigm shift posted:

hate to tell you but the president already did

Of course.

Of loving course.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Furnaceface posted:

NY is included in the purple zone of frozen death.

Of course.

Of loving course.

he has swiss cheese brain op, don't stress

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

quote:

I was not sure before going to the festival, and I was even less sure after it. But I knew this: This was not a Thanksgiving story about throwing a bird that does not fly out of an airplane. This was a Thanksgiving story about the human will to throw a bird that does not fly out of an airplane.
https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2018/11/yellville-turkey-trot/576184/

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
https://twitter.com/guardian/status/1065609376894001153?s=21
get fuuuucked

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
and the mask slips once again

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

It's almost as if immigrants are...predators...but super versions of them?

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

and the mask slips once again

It's more of a see-through plastic bag than a proper mask.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Randler posted:

fooled 99% of d&d

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

Randler posted:

if only

incredible flesh
Oct 6, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo
reported

incredible flesh
Oct 6, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo
the australian prime minister is trying to pass a law that anyone convicted of terrorism can be deported back to countries they could concievably hold dual citizenship of (so basically where their grandparents came from, they're forced to apply for dual citizenship at gunpoint and then off they go). so possibly i may soon fulfil my never-held life dream of moving to poland, or (comedy option) israel

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
alice's restaurant is an abe simpson story turned into a lovely song

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Alice’s Restaurant is one of the greatest cultural products the United States has ever spawned you loving hoity bastard

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I’ll fight you

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
nope it sucks and the only good thing to come from the bullshit 60s counterculture was billy jack

incredible flesh
Oct 6, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo
it's a good song tbh, but it got caught up in spotify's gently caress-up algorithm labyrinth and they were playing it every day for me for a while and it is not a song that you want to hear every single day

incredible flesh
Oct 6, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo
loving spotify

they introduced an "i do not like this artist" button and i have informed them that i do not like madeleine peyroux and yet they keep playing me madeleine loving peyroux

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

incredible flesh
Oct 6, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo
i would throw actual dust upon madeleine peyroux